Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat Scans made Easy in 2021

(PSN)Blue_Comet_S

Question

I've searched for this in the past, and just wanted to post something current and findable.

There are other methods that can be done reliably in other mission types using Sleep, Stun, and Blind Abilities, but this method is doable regardless of Warframe and only requires Access to the Deimos Survival Mission. This makes it accessible to new Tennos.

Kavat Scans Made Easy:

1) Go to Deimos Survival in Solo Mode.

2) Look to see if there are 2 Kavats in the starting area.
If Yes then Scan
If No then Abort

3) Check Mission Progress.
If You have a Gene Code, Play the Mission to 5 Minutes.
If Not then Abort.

Rinse & Repeat

The Kavats just walk around slowly waiting to be Scanned!

Note: Yarelli makes the Mission a Snooze Fest by using Aqua Blades. My 5yo/MR 5 Daughter has been reliably getting Gene Codes using this method and Yarelli. She doesn't even bother to shoot anything! XD

PLEASE: Share any other good Feral Kavat Scanning tips in the Comments below! :)

5 answers to this question

While this is viable, I would say it's somewhat inefficient.

The best missions:  Exterminate and Capture as they offer the largest tilesets.  Miniscule chance of no spawns.
Farming with full squads is better (I understand not always possible) as the number of players affects the amount of kavat spawns.
You'll also want to be sure to use the synthesis scanner from Simaris with the cross-matrix widget as this offers a chance to double to code received.
If you're really intent on farming them, I would recommend getting a resource booster too, as that also doubles the codes.

I personally always run Capture and encounter between 4 - 8 kavats every time.

34 minutes ago, AlyxisPrime said:

While this is viable, I would say it's somewhat inefficient.

The best missions:  Exterminate and Capture as they offer the largest tilesets.  Miniscule chance of no spawns.
Farming with full squads is better (I understand not always possible) as the number of players affects the amount of kavat spawns.
You'll also want to be sure to use the synthesis scanner from Simaris with the cross-matrix widget as this offers a chance to double to code received.
If you're really intent on farming them, I would recommend getting a resource booster too, as that also doubles the codes.

I personally always run Capture and encounter between 4 - 8 kavats every time.

Thats great stuff, thanks!

SANDS OF INAROS:

For Tenno at a high enough MR to purchase from Baro'Kiteer You can also take the Sands of Inaros questline. In one of the Missions of the Quest Line (I will update which one here in a moment) You are literally swarmed by Feral Kavats. 

Using a Warframe that can become Invisible (Such as Ivara or Loki) or a Warframe with an ability to incapacitate targets without killing them (Excalibur or Equinox for example) You can get tons of scans in one go.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Blue_Comet_S said:

Thats great stuff, thanks!

SANDS OF INAROS:

For Tenno at a high enough MR to purchase from Baro'Kiteer You can also take the Sands of Inaros questline. In one of the Missions of the Quest Line (I will update which one here in a moment) You are literally swarmed by Feral Kavats. 

Using a Warframe that can become Invisible (Such as Ivara or Loki) or a Warframe with an ability to incapacitate targets without killing them (Excalibur or Equinox for example) You can get tons of scans in one go.

It's Phase 2, the second Vessel. Phase 1 is just Grineer, Phase 3 are golems and final phase is Inaros himself

7 hours ago, (PSN)Blue_Comet_S said:

2) Look to see if there are 2 Kavats in the starting area.
If Yes then Scan
If No then Abort

3) Check Mission Progress.
If You have a Gene Code, Play the Mission to 5 Minutes.
If Not then Abort.

No offense but i find methods that involves aborting missions are generally bad. If you're still not on ssd, your hdd will agree with me.

Loading in warframe is not the fastest, you could've done something else or farmed some other resources with all those times in your life watching planes flying.

I'm a strong believer in doing multiple things, so even if you don't get one thing, not all is lost. I scan kavats in horrend while looking for orokin cells and dragon keys equipped so i can open vaults too.

What REALLY helps, actual gamechanger for me in scanning kavats are having boosters, ballistica prime, bringing smeeta kavat, and warframes that can stop everything like limbo, rhino, equinox, etc. Having that simaris scanner widget doesn't hurt too, i guess. They allow me to oftentimes get 10+ scans per <5 minutes run. 

I'll be fair, it's not easier. but Imho way better deal than wasting my live watching planes flying.

Archived