Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Golden Instinct is a good ability if you don't have all the scans & stuff done but There one minor but realistic tweak DE needs to make

14 hours ago, Sojufueled said:

I kind of feel like anyone with a rank 15 helminth has already passed the point where it's of great value. It should have been the rank 1 ability.

im MR 31 and I use golden instinct all the time. ive been using it to farm ayatans or rare crates, ive gotten quite a few free built forma (7 so far) and over a hundred plats worth of ayatans

41 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

im MR 31 and I use golden instinct all the time. ive been using it to farm ayatans or rare crates, ive gotten quite a few free built forma (7 so far) and over a hundred plats worth of ayatans

You do realize that's between 10 and 18 ayatans max, right?
I have yet to have GI actually point out a rare crate, though admittedly it has pointed out a couple ayatans I would otherwise have missed. Still think it's silly that it doesn't point to supply caches (sabotage, hive etc) as well, but expecting DE to add that at this stage is a bit of a joke.

Golden Instinct straight up sucks and needs to be redesigned.

The spark is too short, too short-lived, too expensive to cast, and the cooldown period is completely unnecessary.

Almost every function it would be useful for is provided in better form elsewhere; Animal Instinct/Primed Animal Instinct has great range and is great for hunting everything but Kuria, and Kuria are exhaustively documented on YouTube.

The sum of Golden Instinct as designed is that it's a very user-unfriendly, nearly totally useless skill that takes substantial late game efforts to even make available.

Golden Instinct needs to become either of these:

1) A much longer and longer-lived void spark that actually produces a substantial trail to track,

or

2) Act like a compass, with the short spark constantly pointing in a direction relevant to finding the treasure, with substantial duration.

Either way, it wouldn't hurt to put a ping on the map to help guide the player, and the cooldown period should go in the garbage.

1 hour ago, iPathos said:

You do realize that's between 10 and 18 ayatans max, right?
I have yet to have GI actually point out a rare crate, though admittedly it has pointed out a couple ayatans I would otherwise have missed. Still think it's silly that it doesn't point to supply caches (sabotage, hive etc) as well, but expecting DE to add that at this stage is a bit of a joke.

thats assuming I sold all the ayatans I got for plat, most of them I melted down for endo since I ran out from maxing primed mods. thanks to GI I went from having 0 reinforced orokin crate scans to having all 3, and I got them all the same day

I would wish it would WORK on fragments as its SUPPOSED to, or get the wiki to redefine what a fragment IS.

It really dont work very well on much.  Those FEw it does work on, you find them all and then the ability is Worth less.  If Im hunting rares spawns, I can setup my dog and myself and have a RANGE TO FIND EVERYTHING..  Most Fragments you can find by scanning(and then have fun trying to see it to scan).  Its that the missions dont take you Anywhere NEAR most of the areas.

GI really sucks.  It dont even work on Venus to find that 1 spawn Per map, of Somachord.  Had to find and use Map, then understand WHAT was where..

Then coms the story line stuff, WHICH its not needed for.

THE BIG one is the Excalibur Umbra mission.. Which KINDA SUCKS, as you have to repeat it a few times to find things, AND know where they are.

If you want us to KNOW the stories, Then get them where we can find them.  IN line with the mission locations.  NOT out in the corner behind that 1 Exilus, that Never spawns.

Archived