Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proboscis cerenos build

zingertoe2

Question

11 answers to this question

Basically the usual. Some damage, multishot, crit rate/damage, elementals for viral+heat or whatever combo you fancy and something for firing rate cause this bow is sloooooooow. So like Point Strike, Vital Sence, Split/Galvanized Chamber, Serration/galv aptitude (should be working now?), elementals of choise, Speed Trigger/Vile acceleration

At least I run with this and have no complains

1 hour ago, Kraethius said:

Seconding the idea that boosting crit on this weapon is a waste of mod slots.  My one question is: why Firestorm?  I'm assuming it doesn't increase the tentacle length, so it seems like a bit of a waste since the tentacles already suck everyone into a very compact area?

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Seconding the idea that boosting crit on this weapon is a waste of mod slots.  My one question is: why Firestorm?  I'm assuming it doesn't increase the tentacle length, so it seems like a bit of a waste since the tentacles already suck everyone into a very compact area?

Mostly to make it more reliable. Enemies often get stuck on objects when the tentacles try to drag them in so a larger explosion helps. Also hits more enemies that wander in after the initial tentacle spread. I personally feel it's a good fit, If I had to choose another mod for that slot I'd probably go with Heavy Caliber.

Ah, that makes sense.  Thanks!

For OP, going to drop a link to a specific timestamp in a recent Brozime video.  It shows a slightly different build, then demonstrates it against level 180 enemies if that is helpful.  It looks like the main difference in Brozime's build compared to the one previously mentioned is that it uses Vile Acceleration to be a bit more rapid-fire:

38 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Stick it in the closet.

A lot better alternatives out there.

There are certainly a lot of alternatives, but "better" seems incredibly subjective.  I'd say that the Probiscis Cernos is easily one of the best primaries in the game right now.  Which I doubt I'll convince you of, I just say this for OP's benefit.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I'd say that the Probiscis Cernos is easily one of the best primaries in the game right now.

seems incredibly subjective.

I stored my Proboscis Can-- Cernos in my stupid closet...

... I even forgot I still had it, that's how "best primary in the game right now" it is... But again

incredibly subjective.

So~.... words and their value...

"But there's a vid as proof" They're still words, only with an animated background, so... yeah.

incredibly subjective.

7 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

"But there's a vid as proof" They're still words, only with an animated background, so... yeah.

Dude I said I disagreed with you and said it was subjective, don't try to put words in my mouth.  I posted a video that had a build in it, if you choose to interpret that as "proof" of anything that's on you, because I never said any such thing.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Ah, that makes sense.  Thanks!

For OP, going to drop a link to a specific timestamp in a recent Brozime video.  It shows a slightly different build, then demonstrates it against level 180 enemies if that is helpful.  It looks like the main difference in Brozime's build compared to the one previously mentioned is that it uses Vile Acceleration to be a bit more rapid-fire:

Yeah VA has more dps overall. I just like more damage per shot 🙂

Archived