Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make the Eros Wings visible during gameplay!

PrimalFrame18

I got the Eros wings but was really dissapointed to not see them at all during gameplay due to them dissapearing when in combat. Its like i dont even have anything on my warframe. Please give us an option to see the wings during fights! Also fix Saryn Prime's tentacles and hair, they clip all over the place even when not moving...

When the Eros Wings were first released for Star Days, they were visible at all times. But, the problem with that, is it made it hard to see during missions as they took up a large part of your screen/vision, which was a huge distraction. Which was a complaint from several players, so DE via a hotfix, made it so where they disappear on missions and whatnot. So, they weren't a distraction when playing or on a mission.

1 hour ago, QueenofYandxre said:

When the Eros Wings were first released for Star Days, they were visible at all times. But, the problem with that, is it made it hard to see during missions as they took up a large part of your screen/vision, which was a huge distraction. Which was a complaint from several players, so DE via a hotfix, made it so where they disappear on missions and whatnot. So, they weren't a distraction when playing or on a mission.

The wings only disappear when you ADS.

12 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... I don't see the problem of having an option for it... But I do see a problem with that option affecting all the rest so~ no.

What problem? It is an option for people that hate their warframes not looking as intended. I want my warframe to be personalized and not have faded pixels in front of it in a wing shape, might as well not even have them equipped at this point. A toggle for these kinds of items would be nice for people that dont care about the wings blocking a bit of the screen

13 hours ago, QueenofYandxre said:

Yep i know, a toggle for that would be nice tho, i dont want my wings to dissapear for the whole mission and look like faded pixels, it makes the whole warframe look disgusting imo. Might as well remove them or hit "random color" on the customization screen since i cant see the cosmetic i have.

6 minutes ago, PrimalFrame18 said:

It is an option for people that hate their warframes not looking as intended.

... Warframes with no attachments look as intended so, your entire argument falls to dirt right there...

Again

12 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... I don't see the problem of having an option for it... But I do see a problem with that option affecting all the rest so~ no.

DE is unlikely to add a toggle. Most visual things end up forced onto everyone. The Gara change for example wasn't given a toggle either.

Although, in all honesty, I don't see the point in equipping wings, which were optional to equip, and then demanding they go invisible when you actually play made any sense to begin with. They may as well have unequipped them.

There are other Ephemeras that turn off simply by moving too, despite not blocking vision, or even being anywhere close to annoying compared to the electric lich one, or really many of the effects from Warframes or blinding lights the game has.

3 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... Warframes with no attachments look as intended so, your entire argument falls to dirt right there...

Again

But your arguement also falls to dirt, why give us an option to wear these beautiful wings if they are invinsivle during gameplay and pop in and out based on if the game feels like it, you just end up with faded pixels in front of your warframe instead of the beautiful wings

3 hours ago, PrimalFrame18 said:

But your arguement also falls to dirt

I didn't give an argument. I simply said

18 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

I do see a problem with that option affecting all the rest so~ no.

You're the one trying to force out an argument from me so~ I'm going to give you an argument...

• Argument:
3 hours ago, PrimalFrame18 said:

why give us an option to wear these beautiful wings if they are invinsivle during gameplay and pop in and out based on if the game feels like it,

Because they aren't meant to be used during active missions, otherwise they wouldn't be "hidden" during active missions... And, right now, its DE's argument vs yours.

The change to "hide" the wings during active missions is pretty much the same as "The Eros Wings weren't meant for active missions, but we forgot to actually ADD that property into the wings... However, since you all already have wings and are using them in active missions, we're simply going to partially hide them so that you guys can at least see where you're actually shooting at instead of relying on the Crosshair color switch when it touches an enemy." - This is basically their argument.

And your argument goes

21 hours ago, PrimalFrame18 said:

Please give us an option to see the wings during fights!

To which DE basically goes "Yeah, well... You're the only one that wants it. No one else does so it stays as is until the massive majority wants that option... or Space Mom wants it, whichever comes first."

... We, the players, however are delicately stating that we're not against the option... We're outright against the wings being used in actual active missions, because they are being hidden due to the massive roll of complaints of those wings obstructing the view so...

There are fashion elements in the game that clearly are NOT meant for active missions. These wings perfectly fit into that category.

• End of Argument.

This is basically your argument vs DE's argument... And that's my argument.

7 hours ago, PrimalFrame18 said:

I want my warframe to be personalized and not have faded pixels in front of it in a wing shape, might as well not even have them equipped at this point.

Have a look for playing and a look for standing around in a relay. I gaurantee you aren't running through levels wanting to stare at the wing as opposed to seeing where you're going and paying attention to enemies.

...unless you're one of those filthy AFKers.

On 2021-08-07 at 11:59 PM, Hobie-wan said:

Have a look for playing and a look for standing around in a relay. I gaurantee you aren't running through levels wanting to stare at the wing as opposed to seeing where you're going and paying attention to enemies.

...unless you're one of those filthy AFKers.

Haha no i am not the AK'er, but i really dont mind having the wings block the screen. The game isnt really hard so that i always need to see the screen completely since i (and everyone else) 1 shot anything. Having an option wont hurt at all imo, its not being forced as its just another option

On 2021-08-07 at 11:10 PM, Uhkretor said:

I didn't give an argument. I simply said

You're the one trying to force out an argument from me so~ I'm going to give you an argument...

• Argument:

Because they aren't meant to be used during active missions, otherwise they wouldn't be "hidden" during active missions... And, right now, its DE's argument vs yours.

The change to "hide" the wings during active missions is pretty much the same as "The Eros Wings weren't meant for active missions, but we forgot to actually ADD that property into the wings... However, since you all already have wings and are using them in active missions, we're simply going to partially hide them so that you guys can at least see where you're actually shooting at instead of relying on the Crosshair color switch when it touches an enemy." - This is basically their argument.

And your argument goes

To which DE basically goes "Yeah, well... You're the only one that wants it. No one else does so it stays as is until the massive majority wants that option... or Space Mom wants it, whichever comes first."

... We, the players, however are delicately stating that we're not against the option... We're outright against the wings being used in actual active missions, because they are being hidden due to the massive roll of complaints of those wings obstructing the view so...

There are fashion elements in the game that clearly are NOT meant for active missions. These wings perfectly fit into that category.

• End of Argument.

This is basically your argument vs DE's argument... And that's my argument.

Good argument sure, what my argument says though is that it is really not that hard to code a toggle that will surely benefit a good amount of players, not the majority, but still a good amount. I know space mom decides anything, but it would be nice for DE to give us more customization and player experience options in general.

Archived