Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else want mods that are Combined elements?

_Schokolade_

Why is it that all other damage types get their own mod except combo elementals? I purpose we get mods for combo elements as well for all weapons

These mods would have a very small damage increase probably like : +10% Viral 

the less meta ones would have higher damage increase(each combo element is its own mod) example: +15% Gas/+15% Corrosive/+15% Magnetic/+30% Blast/+15% Radiation

I would like to be able to play around with combos without having to be limited to what the weapon's damage is, and what I can mix. The reason the mods damage is so small is just how much more power they could bring so its a trade off low damage for 1 mod slot combo damage(that cannot be boosted by single element mods).

There is pretty much no point in having said mods if the damage is so low because of how status effect procs work. The higher the damage types stat compared to the other damage types on the weapon the higher the chance for it to actually proc in the first place.

But also these limitation exist so that we can't combine for example Magnetic and Viral at the same time except in a few rare cases

Everyone would put Viral, Corrosive, Radiation, and Slash on every single weapon if possible then. Lowering max HP, full armor strip, make enemies fight each other, AND deal true damage to them? Literally every single enemy would die 100x faster than they already do.

7 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

Everyone would put Viral, Corrosive, Radiation, and Slash on every single weapon if possible then. Lowering max HP, full armor strip, make enemies fight each other, AND deal true damage to them? Literally every single enemy would die 100x faster than they already do.

easy to just make it so exactly 1 of these mods is allowed to be equipped at a time.

16 minutes ago, _Schokolade_ said:

easy to just make it so exactly 1 of these mods is allowed to be equipped at a time.

You can already have Viral and Radiation together. Cap of 1 does not fix that. Viral (toxin+cold) and radiation (heat+electric) are, as you can see, easy to put on literally any weapon.

10 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

You can already have Viral and Radiation together. Cap of 1 does not fix that. Viral (toxin+cold) and radiation (heat+electric) are, as you can see, easy to put on literally any weapon.

but not Viral + toxic or gas + heat, Corrosive + viral, etc

1 minute ago, _Schokolade_ said:

but not Viral + toxic or gas + heat, Corrosive + viral, etc

They would automatically combine. Weapons with inherent element get their inherent element mixed with the mods.

Fulmin, for example, has inherent Electric. And there's a reason why Viral and Corrosive aren't normally available together, because full armor strip + max HP drop = enemies dying stupidly fast.

5HXYQB9.png

Making weapons with "rare exceptions" for powerful status combinations gives players more reason for diversity. If every single weapon was able to have all the best statuses at once, then most of the weapons in the game would become drastically underused outside of the outlier with a good Riven for their weapon.

Also raising the number of possible elements on a single weapon would probably just result in people throwing Galvanized Shot/Aptitude/Savvy or Condition Overload on every weapon and then as many elements as they can because DE removed the condition cap when they did the melee nerfs (which actually buffed condition overload funnily enough).

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Aurryx said:

Also raising the number of possible elements on a single weapon would probably just result in people throwing Galvanized Shot/Aptitude/Savvy or Condition Overload on every weapon and then as many elements as they can because DE removed the condition cap when they did the melee nerfs (which actually buffed condition overload funnily enough).

People are already putting Shot/Apt/Savvy/Overload on most weapons anyways, basically anything that can be made to hit at at least 30% status with mods, so it'd just make that meta even more disgustingly overpowered.

I think, if we really want secondary element mods, the better idea is to give the secondary elements the same stats (so 90% Viral, e.g.), but make them combine like they do currently. Or, more specifically, like Rivens do. For example, if you have a Viral mod and add a Cold mod, the Cold damage gets added to the Viral damage. If you have a Viral then Corrosive, the Toxin damage gets added to the Viral element, and the Electric damage gets left over.

The main use-case can be in adjusting innate elements. If I don't want, say, Electric on my Fulmin, I can slot a Corrosive mod to eat up that Electric damage. I get no more damage per slot, but I get rid of the innate Electric damage without having to use two mods to do it. (Or if I have innate Viral, I can boost that directly, instead of having to re-build Viral with mods. Not super common, but becomes an option.)

1 hour ago, _Schokolade_ said:

Why is it that all other damage types get their own mod except combo elementals? I purpose we get mods for combo elements as well for all weapons

These mods would have a very small damage increase probably like : +10% Viral 

the less meta ones would have higher damage increase(each combo element is its own mod) example: +15% Gas/+15% Corrosive/+15% Magnetic/+30% Blast/+15% Radiation

I would like to be able to play around with combos without having to be limited to what the weapon's damage is, and what I can mix. The reason the mods damage is so small is just how much more power they could bring so its a trade off low damage for 1 mod slot combo damage(that cannot be boosted by single element mods).

Cephalon Samodeus says hello.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Aurryx said:

There is pretty much no point in having said mods if the damage is so low because of how status effect procs work. The higher the damage types stat compared to the other damage types on the weapon the higher the chance for it to actually proc in the first place.

But also these limitation exist so that we can't combine for example Magnetic and Viral at the same time except in a few rare cases

I had suggested these mods a few months ago but the forum seems too decentralized for DE to listen to us. The 10 ranks would be useful to balance damage levels and status chances. then there would be mods for physical and elemental or combined damage.

sfTAdFV.png

Archived