Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk War Cry help - Replace into S1 or S2?

AzureScion

Question

As the title said, I'm thinking of infusing War Cry (+EW) from Valkyr into Baruuk for faster atk speed for his 4, but I'm divided into replacing his 1 or his 2.

Replacing his 1 is what everyone seems to be telling me, because it is said that it does nothing and contradicts his 3's damage reduction.

But the problem is I lose restraint faster by standing in the middle of a group of enemies and just having 1 on for a couple seconds than using 2 in the same situation. So I was thinking to replace his 2 instead because I find it wonky and sometimes even with 200 range it fails to put people into sleep right in front of his face even though I'm in the middle of a massive crowd and even if I managed to put them to sleep I lose restraint by a small amount instead of spending a couple of seconds in there with his 1.

Need a couple advice from veteran Baruuk players please? I just got this boi and got really addicted to his playstyle.

5 answers to this question

I would go with whatever you feel is best. As you've illustrated a decent argument can be made for either the 1 or 2. 

Personally I'd ditch the 2 as I generally don't use Lull if I'm running a competent combat build. I'd rather use the 1 paired with the 3 to quickly fill the restraint meter. Lull is an okay CC but personally I find it the most counter-productive if I'm actively using Baruuk's ability-set. 

4 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I would go with whatever you feel is best. As you've illustrated a decent argument can be made for either the 1 or 2. 

Personally I'd ditch the 2 as I generally don't use Lull if I'm running a competent combat build. I'd rather use the 1 paired with the 3 to quickly fill the restraint meter. Lull is an okay CC but personally I find it the most counter-productive if I'm actively using Baruuk's ability-set. 

Alright I'll try replacing his 2 first then, thankies!

I would say it strongly depends on what type of mission you are running with Baruuk. If those are missions where you encounter relatively small amount of enemies at the same time (exterminate, spy, sabotage and so on), then, i think, first ability will be much more convenient option to vaporize Baruuk's restrain, and you should replace Lull. But for missions like survival (especially steel path), disruption, where there are tonns of enemies all around you, Lull and Desolate Hands much more conveniet to use.

Anyways there are few loadouts so you can make 2 variations, first one is with Elude replaced, and second one with replaced Lull.

Archived