Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains Bounties: still broken

TARINunit9

Bounties out on the plains are still frustrating and need fixing. 

1. "Capture target without killing any enemies" bonus is still stupid and unfair. Did a Seeker throw a Latcher at you? Bonus failed through no fault of your own. Do you have a companion? Bonus failed through no fault of your own. Do you have the Unairu focus school with the Void Spines passive? Bonus failed through no fault of your own. This bonus really, really needs to be replaced with something else
  2. Er-Phryah's Vigil is still bugged regarding the "liberate camp" objective. Infantry that spawn on the surface (without a dropship or drop-pod) do not count for the bounty at all. Drop-pods clip through the ground and land in the cave, rapidly draining your control meter. Enemies that spawn on dropships DO count for the bounty, and get mixed up with the infantry that spawned without a dropship. The entire thing is a frustrating mess and needs fixing.

Good luck, same issues been there for years with no fix. Ive made a thread or two about these as well but gave up already. 

Funnilly enough, just yesterday I tried to solo a bounty quickly for nightwave, first mission was this control a location mission, and I failed it instantly because the control meter ticked down very rapidly and I didn't see any enemies around. It was one of the locations above a cave but there were nothing in the cave either from what I could see... So again I just quit the game. 

The "kill no enemies" one is impossible too unless you solo it without pets but at least that wont fail the mission. 

20 hours ago, xombob89 said:

The "kill no enemies" one is impossible too unless you solo it without pets but at least that wont fail the mission. 

Not impossible, I do it often. However it could be made far more friendly towards players by only counting their actual kills instead of arbitrary enemy deaths for whatever other reason.

2 hours ago, iPathos said:

Not impossible, I do it often. However it could be made far more friendly towards players by only counting their actual kills instead of arbitrary enemy deaths for whatever other reason.

"You" do it often, so in solo? Ive never gotten it on public games, because even if I personally do it "right" theres always a teammate or a pet or god knows what else that kills something in last second. 

Its not a public multiplayer friendly requirement. 

I dont even need the bonus reward, but it still annoys me sooo much that they have bounties that are all about luck rather than skill, or outright buggy like the area control one. 

37 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

"You" do it often, so in solo?

I never said that. I do it often meaning that I generally will use my archwing to teleport well above the capture target and burst them down before anything else happens, public, premade or solo. It helps that not all of the public squads I get into include random who immediately go to kill things when that objective pops up, and that I have done the objective so many times that it's muscle memory at this point.

39 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Its not a public multiplayer friendly requirement. 

Entirely depends on your squad, as with everything in coop. That lone is luck of the draw already.

39 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

it still annoys me sooo much that they have bounties that are all about luck rather than skill, or outright buggy like the area control one. 

All bounty rewards are already luck-based, having one secondary objective that rewards fast, precise strikes is fine with me. As for the area control bug, I'm on board with you on that one - it sounds like the primary reason is that the enemies spawn underground for some reason. I believe DE has since implemented a hotfix trying to stop that though, so will have to see.

On 2021-09-09 at 7:55 PM, TARINunit9 said:

Bounties out on the plains are still frustrating and need fixing. 

1. "Capture target without killing any enemies" bonus is still stupid and unfair. Did a Seeker throw a Latcher at you? Bonus failed through no fault of your own. Do you have a companion? Bonus failed through no fault of your own. Do you have the Unairu focus school with the Void Spines passive? Bonus failed through no fault of your own. This bonus really, really needs to be replaced with something else

I came to the forums to post exactly this and saw that you had beaten me to it.

This objective only highlights how the game gives no control over the behavior of sentinels and pets while you're in a mission. The only thing this bonus objective does is point out a deficiency in the game. It's an embarrassment to the developers. Remove it.

On 2021-09-11 at 12:56 PM, MallocErr said:

I came to the forums to post exactly this and saw that you had beaten me to it.

This objective only highlights how the game gives no control over the behavior of sentinels and pets while you're in a mission. The only thing this bonus objective does is point out a deficiency in the game. It's an embarrassment to the developers. Remove it.

Remove weapon.
Problem solved.
Still want affinity on it?
Remove the attack precept(s) until you're done.

You have plenty of control over that aspect.

Archived