Jump to content

Settings to disable NPC / player in relay


Previse
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi.

I game on my laptop which is Acer Predator Helios 17 (2019), which is not bad but it is bad, after all laptops gets outdated within 6 months of release. but anyhow here's few things :

1. Lower any settings that make the game pretty, you don't really need it. If you can switch it off completely then do it.

2. If you have Nvidia card then go to Control Panel then Manage 3D settings then look for Warframe app and hard switch off / lower game settings so in-game settings and GPU settings do not conflicts.

3. Repaste thermal paste of the CPU and GPU, on my laptop the temp rose over 15 degrees within 2 years of purchase and that's when when I changed the paste and noticed huge boost. Acer used low quality grease which it did its job but no longer good anymore.

But yes I do agree on an option to disable NPC chatter or lower their count!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AMD R7 360 Here....

6 hours ago, jinxeverything said:

1. Lower any settings that make the game pretty, you don't really need it. If you can switch it off completely then do it.

It honestly isn't even that pretty infact most of these Settings just make the game Brighter During Chaotic Situations... Which is Always.

65081781.jpg

Believe it or not... It's not always my GPU Holding me Back... It's actually my Hard Drive most of the time.... Specifically in Fortuna.... I get alot Disk Usage there 😱...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Lutesque said:

It's actually my Hard Drive most of the time.... Specifically in Fortuna.... I get alot Disk Usage there 😱...

You got Hard Drive as in HDD/ storage? if so then you best friend right now is going to Amazon then placing lots of SSD's (500 GB SATA) into your cart and wait from to get some % off then next comes RAM chips (don't bother with fancy chips since your Motherboard will not benefit from them, get cheap ones when they are % off of Amazon)

I hate to say this but this game is moving forward in term of system requirements which means you either have to get yourself a new better PC or quite the game since you can't play anymore, the same thing applies to me since I may not be able to get PC or laptops for a long time so..... :(

Ok, few extra things to try as well for free.

- CTRL + ALT + DEL to open task manager from there look for Startup tab and disable anything you find useless to you.

- Hit this link and download this program, it only has 1 function and thats to remove the things MicroSoft force install on every PC with their Windows OS :

https://github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater

But still SSD SATA (500 MB read/write) is better than HDD SATA (100 +/- MB read/ write).

 

Edited by jinxeverything
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jinxeverything said:

You got Hard Drive as in HDD/ storage? if so then you best friend right now is going to Amazon then placing lots of SSD's (500 GB SATA) into your cart and wait from to get some % off then next comes RAM chips (don't bother with fancy chips since your Motherboard will not benefit from them, get cheap ones when they are % off of Amazon)

I hate to say this but this game is moving forward in term of system requirements which means you either have to get yourself a new better PC or quite the game since you can't play anymore, the same thing applies to me since I may not be able to get PC or laptops for a long time so..... :(

Ok, few extra things to try as well for free.

- CTRL + ALT + DEL to open task manager from there look for Startup tab and disable anything you find useless to you.

- Hit this link and download this program, it only has 1 function and thats to remove the things MicroSoft force install on every PC with their Windows OS :

https://github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater

But still SSD SATA (500 MB read/write) is better than HDD SATA (100 +/- MB read/ write).

 

I know my Hard Drive is Rubbish.... It's actually a loaner my friend borrowed to me 15 Years Ago... Why it hasn't exploded yet... I honestly don't know....

Whats funny is... This isn't The Hard Drive where I have the game installed... This is my OS Hard Drive ... The game is installed I my newer and much faster Hard Drive yet it's my OS Hard Drive that's bottlenecking everything for some reason.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Whats funny is... This isn't The Hard Drive where I have the game installed... This is my OS Hard Drive ... The game is installed I my newer and much faster Hard Drive yet it's my OS Hard Drive that's bottlenecking everything for some reason.

Old = slow on everything.

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

Use this program to copy the OS drive into newer Drive then swap them and then use the old Drive as a back up/ old games only storage.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jinxeverything said:

Then copy OS only then swap the Drives then micromanage what goes where..... you can do it

IF you have to uninstall things then do it!

If I have to uninstall things then it's definitely not going to happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lutesque said:

If I have to uninstall things then it's definitely not going to happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯....

1. Create a Folder and store every app package you download from any website so you can start installing and updating.

2. Keep it in separate external storage.

3. Uninstalling and installing is a time consuming progress but if it means less bottlenecking then its worth it, I did the same!

4. No pain no gain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jinxeverything said:

Create a Folder and store every app package you download from any website so you can start installing and updating.

This doesn't work for every Program I want to Keep....

1 minute ago, jinxeverything said:

 

3. Uninstalling and installing is a time consuming progress but if it means less bottlenecking then its worth it, I did the same

Right... Because it's too much to Ask DE to give us the option Solo Relays....

You know most players don't even stop to see everyone elses fashion ? If you gave people the option to grab Synthesis Targets and Exchange Syndicate Medallions from their Orbiter then that's exactly what many players will do....

Relays are a Contrivance... They don't really have a reason to exist as far as I can tell...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lutesque said:

This doesn't work for every Program I want to Keep....

I assume this work related and if so then.... yeah.... :/

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Right... Because it's too much to Ask DE to give us the option Solo Relays....

You know most players don't even stop to see everyone elses fashion ? If you gave people the option to grab Synthesis Targets and Exchange Syndicate Medallions from their Orbiter then that's exactly what many players will do....

Relays are a Contrivance... They don't really have a reason to exist as far as I can tell...

1. Warframe is not the only game out there, tinkering can help you improve another game experience or overall PC performance.

2. Solo Relays most likely won't happen since its a hub we connect to..... but DE may do it if they could but seeing how their servers are..... don't hold breath.

3. You can fast travel from Orbiter to Syndicates using Syndicate panel in the Orbiter and from there fast travel anywhere else!

4. When selecting a hub you usually see a list of server (entry points to hub) select "calm" ones for less traffic.

5 .Relays are there for social aspect which most likely what DE wants to do when we don't do missions, just hang there and chat....... :/  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jinxeverything said:

I assume this work related and if so then.... yeah....

Sadly it isn't... It's purely Recreational and I definitely don't want to have reinstall everything all over again 😱...

13 minutes ago, jinxeverything said:

1. Warframe is not the only game out there, tinkering can help you improve another game experience or overall PC performance.

My other games run fine... After all .. they don't have Warframe's Contrivances.

14 minutes ago, jinxeverything said:

 

2. Solo Relays most likely won't happen since its a hub we connect to..... but DE may do it if they could but seeing how their servers are..... don't hold breath

Connect to what Exactly ?

The only Time I see other players is when Baro's here... Beyond that it's:

1) Go Relay.

2) Skip Landing Cutscene.

3) Fast Travel to Simaris/Syndicate

4) Do whatever it is I have to do in a menu rather than in any of the Physical Space there...

5) Return To Orbiter...

 

I mean that's it's.... I rarely see other players while doing this and I reckon it's not just me....

Perhaps if you let me have my own Relay Instance then I might stop and Smell the Concrete every now and then.... Actually no... Even then I wouldn't bother....

20 minutes ago, jinxeverything said:

 

3. You can fast travel from Orbiter to Syndicates using Syndicate panel in the Orbiter and from there fast travel anywhere else!

I sometimes forget this is a feature.... But Why Can't I manage all my Syndicate right from this Console then ?

21 minutes ago, jinxeverything said:

 

4. When selecting a hub you usually see a list of server (entry points to hub) select "calm" ones for less traffic

When there's an Event going... Those instances are only calm  when it first checks... By the time you load in its Crowed....

Further more when returning from The Plains/Vallis/Drift you can't choose at all .... The game just shoves you into the very first Instance it can find and that one is always Crowded....

25 minutes ago, jinxeverything said:

 

5 .Relays are there for social aspect which most likely what DE wants to do when we don't do missions, just hang there and chat....... :/  

They managed to preserve some of that aspect with the Blessings but for players such as myself... I'd rather have my own quiet Relay...

 

I actually encountered someone who AFK's in Relays just to get Blessings.... So far it's just one case but this is the exact opposite of Socializing...

It reminds me of the Story of when the Government in the middle of a Plague needed to incentivize it's citizens to help by paying them for Any Rat Tails they could deliver.... Rather than catching any Rats... Some citizen's decided to begin Breeding them and Cutting off their Tails as a way to earn a living.... 😱.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Believe it or not... It's not always my GPU Holding me Back... It's actually my Hard Drive most of the time.... Specifically in Fortuna.... I get alot Disk Usage there 😱...

32 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Whats funny is... This isn't The Hard Drive where I have the game installed... This is my OS Hard Drive ... The game is installed I my newer and much faster Hard Drive yet it's my OS Hard Drive that's bottlenecking everything for some reason.

If you don't have enough RAM then your OS will use your hard drive to store data. When your System is installed on old HDD (slower) then it will use that old HDD. If you have default settings of Swap file (those things that use your HDD instead of RAM) then System will increase that file when necessary, meaning it can happen many times. Increasing minimal size of that file might help.

I'm running on weak Laptop with integrated Graphic card with no Graphic RAM so it uses my RAM. I find 8GB to be ok for non-open world maps and for something bigger it could be few GB more but it's "fine".

I find my Windows using RAM for loading things again. For some reasons it won't remove it and use HDD instead (swap file). I've recently found RAMMap program that I can remove "Standby list" (Empty > Empty Standby list). It doesn't refresh memory usage so you either need to refresh manually (F5 or File > Refresh) OR just go check your Task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc on win 8.1).

4 minutes ago, jinxeverything said:
19 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

 

1. You can fast travel from Orbiter to Syndicates using Syndicate panel in the Orbiter and from there fast travel anywhere else!

2 .Relays are there for social aspect which most likely what DE wants to do when we don't do missions, just hang there and chat....... :/  

1. It doesn't work on things like Baro or Maroo. Even Things like picking Simulacrum to test a bug requires me to load bunch of USELESS stuffs, go to Simaris, go to Simulacrum console, pick Scene (I have 2). Dev has it in the Navigation... It's like they don't want us to post bug reports :D

2. And yet people just go there sells stuffs or pick some quick mission/stuff that won't take more than few seconds if it were just menus. They try this "social" aspect when showing new stuffs AND that's good. I hate it when you have to go Open world > Relay > Orbiter FEW TIMES in Yareli quest. Or loading Dojo when I just want to return to orbiter. Hiring a RJ Crew and using it is HORRIBLE experience when you just earned Intristic from mission:

- load dojo

- upgrade Intristic

- Go to Fortuna & hire someone

- Load orbiter

- Load dojo & make Crew to do something

- load RJ mission

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Connect to what Exactly ?

The only Time I see other players is when Baro's here... Beyond that it's:

1) Go Relay.

2) Skip Landing Cutscene.

3) Fast Travel to Simaris/Syndicate

4) Do whatever it is I have to do in a menu rather than in any of the Physical Space there...

5) Return To Orbiter...

 

I mean that's it's.... I rarely see other players while doing this and I reckon it's not just me....

Perhaps if you let me have my own Relay Instance then I might stop and Smell the Concrete every now and then.... Actually no... Even then I wouldn't bother....

Over 2-3 years ago, Relay was a place to hang out and set up/ form squads for whatever thing you wanted (key share, leveling or raids) but its another ignored aspect of the game.

15 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I sometimes forget this is a feature.... But Why Can't I manage all my Syndicate right from this Console then ?

Because DE wants us to keep going to Relay :/ no other explanation, I myself do not like this but ...... gotta hop through so many loops to get where I want to go. 

They did talk about doing something with Syndicate a while ago, maybe things will improve THEN.

22 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

They managed to preserve some of that aspect with the Blessings but for players such as myself... I'd rather have my own quiet Relay...

 One day when DE upgrade their server farms we may have that but until then we gotta deal with what we got, and we ain't got much XD

30 minutes ago, quxier said:

1. It doesn't work on things like Baro or Maroo. Even Things like picking Simulacrum to test a bug requires me to load bunch of USELESS stuffs, go to Simaris, go to Simulacrum console, pick Scene (I have 2). Dev has it in the Navigation... It's like they don't want us to post bug reports :D

2. And yet people just go there sells stuffs or pick some quick mission/stuff that won't take more than few seconds if it were just menus. They try this "social" aspect when showing new stuffs AND that's good. I hate it when you have to go Open world > Relay > Orbiter FEW TIMES in Yareli quest. Or loading Dojo when I just want to return to orbiter. Hiring a RJ Crew and using it is HORRIBLE experience when you just earned Intristic from mission:

- load dojo

- upgrade Intristic

- Go to Fortuna & hire someone

- Load orbiter

- Load dojo & make Crew to do something

- load RJ mission

Warframe : the experience.

I won't lie to you, at this point, to me this became normal to hop from and to menus and many loadscreens.

Faster SSD and faster RAM reduced the entire thing to mere seconds (jumping around to get somewhere) but still..... guess not playing WF everyday also helped not getting annoyed as much..... 

2022 better be an overall QoL changes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jinxeverything said:

Faster SSD and faster RAM reduced the entire thing to mere seconds (jumping around to get somewhere)

Sure, loading time is huge factor in it. I low-end side so it affects me a lot but if I had SSD and faster RAM I would probably be "ok". Just minor inconvenience most of the time.

6 minutes ago, jinxeverything said:

but still..... guess not playing WF everyday also helped not getting annoyed as much..... 

Playing some other games makes me wonder HOW games could be so clunky. I've finished 4 Prince of Persia. Last one had almost 0 loading screens. I'm playing Tomb raider (new one) and it has similar feeling.

11 minutes ago, jinxeverything said:

I won't lie to you, at this point, to me this became normal to hop from and to menus and many loadscreens.

I get used to it however I don't use it too much (I don't trade too much, Baro is biweekly and ... that's all I guess).

However sometimes new stuffs pop up and I wonder... why they make it so cumbersome, like mentioned Yareli quest.

14 minutes ago, jinxeverything said:

Over 2-3 years ago, Relay was a place to hang out and set up/ form squads for whatever thing you wanted (key share, leveling or raids) but its another ignored aspect of the game.

Weren't chats not available back then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, quxier said:

Weren't chats not available back then?

There were benefits to making squads in a relay. Specifically better loading times and host-client connections were less likely to drop. I don't know if this is still the case though.

On 2021-10-12 at 10:52 AM, Aiushtha said:

NPC or other player in relay to reduce gpu load

Sounds like a "bottle neck" problem on your computer. If it is having trouble with Relays, I suggest you stay away from Void Storm Railjack missions, it makes my PS4 sound like a vacuum cleaner (or a jet engine, that sounds cooler!)!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, quxier said:

Sure, loading time is huge factor in it. I low-end side so it affects me a lot but if I had SSD and faster RAM I would probably be "ok". Just minor inconvenience most of the time.

Which will increase next year or after since DE up their system requirement ..... better be ready for slow downs, stutters and CTD.

16 minutes ago, quxier said:

Playing some other games makes me wonder HOW games could be so clunky. I've finished 4 Prince of Persia. Last one had almost 0 loading screens. I'm playing Tomb raider (new one) and it has similar feeling.

The answer to this question is : publisher.

DE self-published this game and they got no-one to tell them "no, fix this NOW" other than chat on streams and feedbacks from forums ...... they will adhere to player feedback when they feel like it :/

20 minutes ago, quxier said:

I get used to it however I don't use it too much (I don't trade too much, Baro is biweekly and ... that's all I guess).

However sometimes new stuffs pop up and I wonder... why they make it so cumbersome, like mentioned Yareli quest.

A better question would be: "why Steve chose to tell stories like this?"

Or : "why Steve cares about making this game look fancy?" 

The answer is : he can't move forward, when he was promoting this game to publishers around the world, everyone of them told him this game will fail, I think he is still stuck in that period of time .....

Then there is that fact the game resources are being used unwisely or this is DE ways of making the game very MMO-ish, you know, more menus?

27 minutes ago, quxier said:

Weren't chats not available back then?

They were unreliable back then.

Forming squads were much easier in a Relay since it allowed gear swaps.

Also the game wasn't as segmented as it is now....... 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, jinxeverything said:

DE self-published this game and they got no-one to tell them "no, fix this NOW" other than chat on streams and feedbacks from forums ...... they will adhere to player feedback when they feel like it :/

So you are saying they will do whatever they want just because it's easier to do?

17 minutes ago, jinxeverything said:

this is DE ways of making the game very MMO-ish, you know, more menus?

Is menus cool thing about MMOs? I've not played many but I think there would be better stuffs to copy.

 

IMHO, menus or clickables (e.g. press X to Jason stop or move Syndicate guy) are one of the easiest ways to select certain action. Why Syndicates have X to stop/move them? It's just like for consoles - they have just copy/pasted stuffs to NPC and changed some action.

However making them good or good UI is much harder.

40 minutes ago, jinxeverything said:

They were unreliable back then.

Forming squads were much easier in a Relay since it allowed gear swaps.

Also the game wasn't as segmented as it is now....... 

Make sense.

42 minutes ago, jinxeverything said:

Which will increase next year or after since DE up their system requirement ..... better be ready for slow downs, stutters and CTD.

If the game continues like Yareli/Sevagoth then it will be time to take breaks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, quxier said:

So you are saying they will do whatever they want just because it's easier to do?

Yup........ including ignoring our feedback when it won't suit them......

25 minutes ago, quxier said:

Is menus cool thing about MMOs? I've not played many but I think there would be better stuffs to copy.

 

IMHO, menus or clickables (e.g. press X to Jason stop or move Syndicate guy) are one of the easiest ways to select certain action. Why Syndicates have X to stop/move them? It's just like for consoles - they have just copy/pasted stuffs to NPC and changed some action.

However making them good or good UI is much harder.

MuB0n9V.png

Freshly taken just now to show you that THESE menus you have to spam open every few minutes since you are still leveling doing quests etc......

Warframe is not that bad....

27 minutes ago, quxier said:

If the game continues like Yareli/Sevagoth then it will be time to take breaks.

No, DO take breaks from time to time, don't wait for DE add something that annoys you. Also DE has a habit redoing newer or older content (at random) so not engaging with some system in the game is the best way to approach the game, trust me on this and you will hate/ dislike the game less.

Take more breaks and play other games WF is not the only game out there :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, jinxeverything said:

Freshly taken just now to show you that THESE menus you have to spam open every few minutes since you are still leveling doing quests etc......

Warframe is not that bad....

Warframe is simpler in some aspects. Except open world, you know what kind of mission you will be doing, your equipment etc.

1 hour ago, jinxeverything said:

Yup........ including ignoring our feedback when it won't suit them......

*Sees 20-30 pages about Holokeys*

Indeed.

1 hour ago, jinxeverything said:

No, DO take breaks from time to time, don't wait for DE add something that annoys you. Also DE has a habit redoing newer or older content (at random) so not engaging with some system in the game is the best way to approach the game, trust me on this and you will hate/ dislike the game less.

Take more breaks and play other games WF is not the only game out there :D

I mean much longer break. I take some shorter breaks (while still login and maybe doing short stuffs in WF) for other games but 2021 hasn't been good imho. There have been rarely good stuffs (Gloom, Ghoulsaw - riding part). Some stuffs were boring/clunky (Sev or Yareli). On other hand there have been some nerf (e.g. Exodia contagion).  And lastly no fixes to some, imho, major issues (sprint turning off, melee stances combos don't match what you are doing - e.g. Bullet dance: standing combo moves you, moving combo slash things around).

Previous years were much better even if some stuffs weren't perfect (e.g. it's nice to experiment with cooldowns with Lavos).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...