Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unpopular Opinion on Toxin

DaMasque

Ah yes. I remember when I dreaded Mutalist Ospreys, Toxic Ancients, and Toxic Crawlers. Those were the days when I preferred shield to health. I found that shield is not preferable, because of Armor getting factored into Health. All you need is a bunch of health and armor (I use the Umbral mods) and some way to regen life. I've found the best ways, though I've only played a few frames, to be Ravenous or Gloom. If you have proper strength (again, Umbral mods) then you can easily go from 100 to 1000 health with just a few quick slashes for Gloom, or having a constant 30-40 health per second with Ravenous. I know this doesn't work for all frames (though keep in mind that Gloom is Subsumable) but I've found that if there is one thing I am good at, it is Optimization and Research. Gloom and Ravenous are some of the best ways to regen health out there, though there's probably some crazy Inaros build or something that works even better.
Again, I've only played a few frames so please don't judge.

39 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I wasn't being Dismissive... I genuinely am curious if Toxin by passing shield increases build diversity... Because I just don't see it.... Hence I assumed you actually might have been meaning to use a different term.

Gotcha, well you can take a low status weapon and Toxin it up to still bypass shields. It's a viable build, and this feature of Toxin was removed it would go away, reducing the diversity of viable builds that solve the problem of shields.

49 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Gotcha, well you can take a low status weapon and Toxin it up to still bypass shields. It's a viable build, and this feature of Toxin was removed it would go away, reducing the diversity of viable builds that solve the problem of shields.

I guess it would but would it be as effective as using a High Status Weapon with Toxin ?

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I got Blockaded by The "Day Trader" Act but some friends rescued me from the nightmare so now I'm back in track....

Not really here nor there but Limbo cheeses that challenge just like so many other things in the game.  Solo is IMO even easier than in a squad because the dumb AI guys die constantly so there are always oodles of points available.

2 hours ago, Spoldozer said:

Gloom and Ravenous are some of the best ways to regen health out there, though there's probably some crazy Inaros build or something that works even better.

Plenty of options alright. Personally, I like Hunter Recovery on a Panzer Vulpaphyla. Makes for some fantastic constant healing as the dot from the quills triggers it. And then there's Magus Repair...

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

I guess it would but would it be as effective as using a High Status Weapon with Toxin ?

That questions is too vague to have an answer beyond "it depends on context", but regardless it's a non-issue in terms of build diversity.  Assuming that non-status weapons haven't become unviable in the meta, non-status weapons can use this tactic to solve the problem of shields.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Agent_CHAR said:

Not really here nor there but Limbo cheeses that challenge just like so many other things in the game.  Solo is IMO even easier than in a squad because the dumb AI guys die constantly so there are always oodles of points available.

We tried that... One of them Slipped Through some how....

7 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

That questions is too vague to have an answer beyond "it depends on context", but regardless it's a non-issue in terms of build diversity.

It's not that vague... Simply Grab 5 High Status weapons from your own Arsenal and try them out.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Assuming that non-status weapons haven't become unviable in the meta, non-status weapons can use this tactic to solve the problem of shields

As always... I remain Skeptical....🤔

7 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

And also Magnetic damage, which is supposed to deal with shields, is rendered totally useless because turns out you can just bypass it and hurt the red health bar with toxin. 

The Yellow Health Bar behind Shields is a Different Story... 😱

Archived