Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Turtle-Themed Warframe

(PSN)Necrophidius

Some ideas for the frame and its abilities came up in a conversation and I wanted to post here to see what everyone thinks.

The frame would be shaped like a turtle and walk on all fours. Similar to Chroma, players could leave the shell in a certain location. Some ability ideas are listed below:

1. Semi-stationary (or completely stationary) shield dome over a certain area (based on range) that prevents projectiles (and maybe even enemies) from entering. This could be a mechanic achieved by leaving the turtle shell as mentioned above.

2. Spinning turtle shell attack that has the frame ricochet between enemies within a certain range.

3. A group buff (either by activated ability or passive) that grants all party members within range a significant bonus to armor.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Necrophidius said:

The frame would be shaped like a turtle and walk on all fours

I believe DE has mentioned that they don’t intend to make frames that walk on all fours at this point. So, it would have to be upright. How like a turtle would it look?

The abilities just all sound a bit lacklustre. Nothing really stands out as a reason to use the frame - maybe stats would change that, I am not sure.

Do it loosely ninja turtle themed.

Also bonuses based on color scheme or weapon equiped.

Dual swords grants buff to all players of shield recharge or increased shield resistance

staff weapons energy increase or regen to all players

Dual daggers health increase or regen all players

Nunchaku increase parkour, holster, and reload speed all players.

is this a teenage mutant ninja turtle though?

Can it throw out pizzas for us, that restore health energy shields and ammo?

Can it's shell spin, Rapid spin, to cure our status effects, while also reflecting bullets and dealing constant damage?

Does he have 4 Exalted Melee weapons, maybe a staff, kunai, nunchucks perhaps?

Can he slam down hard and bash down a shield for all his allies, more powerful than Frosts puny bubble?

He needs a base of 1250 armor, 900 base health, 0.9 sprint speed, 900 shields, and 300 energy

His passive has to be that all projectiles that hit the back/his back of the shell, are negated, to deal 0 damage

19 hours ago, krc473 said:

I believe DE has mentioned that they don’t intend to make frames that walk on all fours at this point. So, it would have to be upright. How like a turtle would it look?

The abilities just all sound a bit lacklustre. Nothing really stands out as a reason to use the frame - maybe stats would change that, I am not sure.

I was unaware that DE didn't intend to make frames that walk on all fours but a bipedal turtle would be pretty sweet too. I mean, other people were speaking about a Ninja Turtle themed frame and that would be really cool to me too.

It's a little disappointing to see you find the abilities lacklustre but respect your opinion. I personally like defense and support frames so it's very appealing to me. That said, none of the abilities I mentioned would be set in stone obviously. I think turtles are pretty cool and would like to see a frame like this, regardless of its abilities.

Another angle could be a snapping turtle with abilities to match a more offensive style. Just throwing ideas out there. I love all of the ideas so far.

19 minutes ago, (PSN)Necrophidius said:

I was unaware that DE didn't intend to make frames that walk on all fours but a bipedal turtle would be pretty sweet too. I mean, other people were speaking about a Ninja Turtle themed frame and that would be really cool to me too.

It's a little disappointing to see you find the abilities lacklustre but respect your opinion. I personally like defense and support frames so it's very appealing to me. That said, none of the abilities I mentioned would be set in stone obviously. I think turtles are pretty cool and would like to see a frame like this, regardless of its abilities.

Another angle could be a snapping turtle with abilities to match a more offensive style. Just throwing ideas out there. I love all of the ideas so far.

alot of fans have wanted a beast frame, that runs on all fours for a long time. like since 2015

30 minutes ago, (PSN)Tomplexthis said:

alot of fans have wanted a beast frame, that runs on all fours for a long time. like since 2015

totally makes sense, thanks for pointing that out. I watch the Devstreams as much as I can but busy schedules don't always permit. A beast frame would be pretty cool too.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Necrophidius said:

Maybe like Khora - a defensive turtle frame, with a pet snapping turtle (or swapped)? That would give some incentive to use the frame, at least for me. It would follow the Kuzenbo idea someone else mentioned.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Necrophidius said:

I personally like defense and support frames so it's very appealing to me.

I am not a huge fan of them, so that could be my issue. But if the buffs are sufficient then I do like them - this would require stats for the abilities, but there is no reason to come up with those.

I think it would be cool to have an ability that has you throw shells out that bounce between enemies and allies within x range and provides some sort of buff for allies it hits and deals damage or stuns/slows enemies. Buffs could either give shields which is the more obvious choice or even give some sort of attacks speed or crit chance buff, mostly because that would be a nice freaking buff. <3 I like turtles!

Could also have some sort of mechanic for its potential exalted weapon that changes what the weapon is based on the energy color (obvious example being red= dual daggers, blue= a katana, orange= nunchucks?, they don't all have to be ninja turtle though like it would be cool to have heavy blade and whip option too) maybe a little much but it would be rad.

On 2021-10-15 at 2:03 AM, (PSN)Tomplexthis said:

is this a teenage mutant ninja turtle though?

Can it throw out pizzas for us, that restore health energy shields and ammo?

Can it's shell spin, Rapid spin, to cure our status effects, while also reflecting bullets and dealing constant damage?

Does he have 4 Exalted Melee weapons, maybe a staff, kunai, nunchucks perhaps?

Can he slam down hard and bash down a shield for all his allies, more powerful than Frosts puny bubble?

He needs a base of 1250 armor, 900 base health, 0.9 sprint speed, 900 shields, and 300 energy

His passive has to be that all projectiles that hit the back/his back of the shell, are negated, to deal 0 damage

Yes

Ooh, another idea for an activated ability. The concept would be based on a spiked turtle shell. The spikes could shoot out and harpoon all enemies within a certain range and pull them all in which would gather all enemies on the frame. Another possible function for this could be that the warframe slams the ground, spiked shell side down, on the area targeted.

Archived