Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE please consider this Exploiter Orb change....

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

Exploiter Orb is a pretty awesome fight and has awesome rewards.  The problem is the entire mission is buggy and laggy as hell.   I think I have come up with a pretty awesome solution...   

Split the fight up into two phases.

Phase 1 is all about unlocking Exploiter fight.   You go out while there is fissures and seal some fractures, get yourself some diluted thermia and summon Exploiter down to Deck 12 and beat on her till she runs for the surface... THE END....  (Now you have permanently unlocked exploiter above ground fight, aka Phase 2,,  and never ever have to farm thermia or do below ground fight again, unless they add those killer archwing mods to the reward pool for that phase....)

Phase 2 is the above ground fight.   Its probably hard coded to be outside that deck 12 cave and thats fine,  but it would be cool if it could random spawn other places like PT can.   Upon starting Phase 2 you just goto exploiter and kicks its butt like normal.   THE END...   

-A common bug when im fighting Exploiter is where she refuses to create new fractures and the fight stalls out.... I am pretty sure this happens because ONE fracture can spawn in a hard to see spot so it never gets used... preventing her from making more....  this could be looked at and tweaked or fixed...

------------

Now there is no insane lag to suffer through when you transition from Deck 12 to Orb Vallis via THE DOOR.   

Now you no longer have to farm stupid diluted thermia to run exploiter fight (more than once to unlock).  Although like I said you could always put the stupid rare archwing mods like sabot rounds in the reward pool for phase 1 to make people want to continue farming thermia and doing it....   

--------------

I already have everything from Exploiter fight.  Articula, both ephemera, hildy, baruuk,  I have farmed tons of arcanes with the roids from this fight.   So I dont give a crap if it ever gets fixed or runs smooth.   I am just saying it would be nice if it was, because i'd like to help others and also I'd like to to get those toroids alot easier lol.   And if those archwing mods became better than 1% drops that would be awesome to.

i doubt they will come back to orb mother fights back, unless they plan to do something with the 3rd orb mother.

now your idea seems nice, although idk why you need to bring outside thermal fracture canister when they drop in deck itself with some interval.

they could divide rewards for these phase like if phase 2 itself gives all the rewards then phase one becomes pointless. they can keep it like this -

- half% of credits divided into 2 phases,

- hldryn parts will only drop if you complete both phase 1+2.

- phase 2 will will drop the toroid and those 3 types of systems needed for crafting , 

can't recall the other rewards but i guess these are the key items, the ephemera is barely used by anyone so it's not an impressive reward unless you are a collector. 

U need thermia to start Exploiter fights,  you have to grind it from thermia fracture events in OV.     The machines in deck 12 dont start pitting thermia out until AFTER the fight starts.  

Currently Deck12 and outside are all just one big mission.   You get Laz toroids and hildy parts, and a buttload of resources.   AW mods are from PT phase 1-3.   I have no idea how many credits Exploiter fight is worth.... 

But splitting exploiter into 2 phases doesnt have to touch the rewards.   All the normal Exploiter rewards drop for the outside fight part only.   Phase 1 you only ever have to do once just to unlocked phase 2.   If DE wanted to encourage people to do Phase 1 more than once, they could add the AW mods from PT phase 1-3 (and hopefully buff the odds by more than 1%)

I agree, i loved the fight with the orb. Was thrilling, and loved it so much so that i freeze ephemera, even when the drop chance was so low. Like the purposed changes btw

1 hour ago, Dauggie said:

i doubt they will come back to orb mother fights back, unless they plan to do something with the 3rd orb mother.

Probably right. Or if they decide to do an update to Orb vallis. 

3 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Split the fight up into two phases.

Opinion may differ, but to me some of the best things about the expoiter fight are the narrative elements of the fight (Zud's story). To me, that's why the fight works so well - because it has a consistent narrative and a logical sequence of events (unlike, say Profit Taker phase 4 or the Ropalolyst). Separating the phases would break that. While not having to farm Thermia again would be nice, I think having to seal some fractures is a small price to pay for the best boss fight in the game.

3 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

A common bug when im fighting Exploiter is where she refuses to create new fractures and the fight stalls out.... I am pretty sure this happens because ONE fracture can spawn in a hard to see spot so it never gets used... preventing her from making more....  this could be looked at and tweaked or fixed...

Maybe it's different on PS4/5, but I have never encountered that bug on the Switch. (Unlike Exploiter being stuck inside the mountain - which is always fun!)

What I have seen is the Exploiter refusing to create new fractures just after you tear off one of its parts in Phase 2 - but that's not a bug. The trigger to create fractures is tied to the overheat level, and it is simply quite difficult to get it to overheat to that level at the start of such a sub-phase if there aren't any open fractures and you don't have any thermia containers stocked up.

11 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Phase 2 is the above ground fight.   Its probably hard coded to be outside that deck 12 cave and thats fine,  but it would be cool if it could random spawn other places like PT can.   Upon starting Phase 2 you just goto exploiter and kicks its butt like normal.   THE END...

I would rather they didn't that...

That location was chosen for a specific Reason... It's Completely Flat and Open.... Ergo you'l be able to see and Snipe Raknoids easily from further away...

Now let's say you moved This Phase to anyone one of the Profit Taker locations... Now all of sudden you'l be getting blind sided by Raknoids coming out of no where... Which already happens it turns out but moving the right would just make it happen more often...

-A common bug when im fighting Exploiter is where she refuses to create new fractures and the fight stalls out.... I am pretty sure this happens because ONE fracture can spawn in a hard to see spot so it never gets used... preventing her from making more....  this could be looked at and tweaked or fixed...

In my experience this Bug is caused by some hidden feature of the Overheat Mechanic...

You can usually avoid by Stock Piling Thermia when you first get up to the surface...

Now you no longer have to farm stupid diluted thermia to run exploiter fight (more than once to unlock).  Although like I said you could always put the stupid rare archwing mods like sabot rounds in the reward pool for phase 1 to make people want to continue farming thermia and doing it....   

Don't Encourage DE to Bribe us... 😱

10 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I have no idea how many credits Exploiter fight is worth.... 

None...

She drops Resources... Not credits...

7 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Opinion may differ, but to me some of the best things about the expoiter fight are the narrative elements of the fight (Zud's story). To me, that's why the fight works so well - because it has a consistent narrative and a logical sequence of events (unlike, say Profit Taker phase 4 or the Ropalolyst). Separating the phases would break that. While not having to farm Thermia again would be nice, I think having to seal some fractures is a small price to pay for the best boss fight in the game.

Which then gets ruined by constant repetition...

People might actually like that story more if the game didn't force you to listen to it everytime.

8 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

What I have seen is the Exploiter refusing to create new fractures just after you tear off one of its parts in Phase 2 - but that's not a bug. The trigger to create fractures is tied to the overheat level, and it is simply quite difficult to get it to overheat to that level at the start of such a sub-phase if there aren't any open fractures and you don't have any thermia containers stocked up.

Ofcourse it's a Bug....

If she refuses to fracture the terrain and you also dont have any Thermia Stocked up then you literally can't Finish The Fight even if you keep The Raknoids away from her 😱...

7 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

She make new fissures every few minutes, using them or not never made a difference. At least not that I noticed.

Nope.... Let the Raknoids cool her off... You'll see that it's tied to the Heat Gauge and not Some invisible Timer....

11 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Opinion may differ, but to me some of the best things about the expoiter fight are the narrative elements of the fight (Zud's story).

Differ alright, I thought Zuud's part about her sisters names was rubbish.

Like exploiter orb crawled down to deck twelve and killed everything it saw, why would it know or care who they were?

Probably doesn't even known who Zuud is or what she is talking about.

12 minutes ago, L3512 said:

Differ alright, I thought Zuud's part about her sisters names was rubbish.

Like exploiter orb crawled down to deck twelve and killed everything it saw, why would it know or care who they were?

I mean it clearly didn't. But Zuud is also clearly mentally unhinged from the traumatic experience. Seeing why she's lost her marbles in the first place was nice.

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Ofcourse it's a Bug....

If she refuses to fracture the terrain and you also dont have any Thermia Stocked up then you literally can't Finish The Fight even if you keep The Raknoids away from her 😱...

In my experience, I'd be able to finish the fight if I really policed the raknoids and at the same time made her use the flamethrower. She'd eventually overheat and make more fractures, it would just take a bit of time to get her there.

We might be talking about different situations though - I can't claim to have met all the bugs in this game!

2 hours ago, L3512 said:

Of course she doesn't! The story is about personal trauma on Zuud's side, not on Exploiter's! That's the whole point!

Archived