Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon, Trolled by Unwitting Noobs.

randomoddguy

We've all been there. Some guy wants to extract. Someone else doesn't want to. Well, from what I'm seeing the old problem always used to be some moron refusing to go to the extraction point because he decided to go mining after an eidolon hunt or whatever and forced his team to sit there and weep until he got bored. Okay. That's a relic of the past because now when two people are waiting at the exit it pulls them out anyway. And on top of that you can just click leave squad and then walk to the door yourself.

Cool. Now why in the name of the Lotus can these people force the rest of us to leave with them? It's an endless type mission zone people drop in and out of squads in all the time in the same instance. I dropped down to the plains at night to do a quick couple eidolons. Didn't expect to get all 3, but maybe I'll get lucky. Okay. Me and one other guy blitz it while two new players (one mr3 and the other mr0) run around in circles. That's fine. They pick up the loot as expected. Me and the other guy are stuck waiting at the lake island because these guys refuse to plant their shards (or even use the chat) and the next one won't spawn unless all four do it. Okay. We decide to wait for these guys to die, get bored, or leave. Several minutes later one of them goes to extraction. Thank God. I inform him pointedly in the chat that he can leave if he wants by clicking leave squad and won't lose all his stuff for it if he does. He says nothing and continues waiting, ignoring me completely. The unmastered excalibur walks over to the exit as well...

And then two minutes later me and the other guy are forced to abandon the plains because these idiots refused to do the simplest of things and click the leave squad button when they extracted. Now, normally of course could just click leave squad to stay. Except I wanted to be in the same party as the other guy so we ended up being forced to extract, despite the fact we were more than able to handle the Gantulyst by ourselves in the amount of time remaining and had no intention of leaving.

Honestly I had half a mind to report them just for the fact I pointedly told them how to do what they were trying to do without screwing us over in the process :I

22 minutes ago, (NSW)randomoddguy said:

We've all been there. Some guy wants to extract. Someone else doesn't want to. Well, from what I'm seeing the old problem always used to be some moron refusing to go to the extraction point because he decided to go mining after an eidolon hunt or whatever and forced his team to sit there and weep until he got bored. Okay. That's a relic of the past because now when two people are waiting at the exit it pulls them out anyway. And on top of that you can just click leave squad and then walk to the door yourself.

Cool. Now why in the name of the Lotus can these people force the rest of us to leave with them? It's an endless type mission zone people drop in and out of squads in all the time in the same instance. I dropped down to the plains at night to do a quick couple eidolons. Didn't expect to get all 3, but maybe I'll get lucky. Okay. Me and one other guy blitz it while two new players (one mr3 and the other mr0) run around in circles. That's fine. They pick up the loot as expected. Me and the other guy are stuck waiting at the lake island because these guys refuse to plant their shards (or even use the chat) and the next one won't spawn unless all four do it. Okay. We decide to wait for these guys to die, get bored, or leave. Several minutes later one of them goes to extraction. Thank God. I inform him pointedly in the chat that he can leave if he wants by clicking leave squad and won't lose all his stuff for it if he does. He says nothing and continues waiting, ignoring me completely. The unmastered excalibur walks over to the exit as well...

And then two minutes later me and the other guy are forced to abandon the plains because these idiots refused to do the simplest of things and click the leave squad button when they extracted. Now, normally of course could just click leave squad to stay. Except I wanted to be in the same party as the other guy so we ended up being forced to extract, despite the fact we were more than able to handle the Gantulyst by ourselves in the amount of time remaining and had no intention of leaving.

Honestly I had half a mind to report them just for the fact I pointedly told them how to do what they were trying to do without screwing us over in the process :I

I would feel sorry for what happened if you weren't so selfish and inconsiderate. Honestly...
Konzu offers eidolon cull bounty, that you can do public. If you don't use that matchmaking option, it's all your fault.

Btw.. the guys were mr 0 and 3? If that is true, I am actually kinda angry about what you did. Those guys just started. They have no idea what they are doing. They were just trying to explore the open world. (Honestly .. the game does a poor job of explaing that you can switch to solo gameplay.)

Why should they be listening to you, when you pulled them into an endgame activity that requires the completion of War within, which they couldn't have completed yet.

From my point of view, you are in the wrong completely. You may have actually spoiled the quest line for them, if they happened to see you fighting the eidolons.

I can understand the frustration that you were pulled out of the instance, but you seriously cannot blame those guys or even think about reporting them.

You have really no right to be angry dude.

47 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I would feel sorry for what happened if you weren't so selfish and inconsiderate. Honestly...
Konzu offers eidolon cull bounty, that you can do public. If you don't use that matchmaking option, it's all your fault.

Btw.. the guys were mr 0 and 3? If that is true, I am actually kinda angry about what you did. Those guys just started. They have no idea what they are doing. They were just trying to explore the open world. (Honestly .. the game does a poor job of explaing that you can switch to solo gameplay.)

Why should they be listening to you, when you pulled them into an endgame activity that requires the completion of War within, which they couldn't have completed yet.

From my point of view, you are in the wrong completely. You may have actually spoiled the quest line for them, if they happened to see you fighting the eidolons.

I can understand the frustration that you were pulled out of the instance, but you seriously cannot blame those guys or even think about reporting them.

I said 'unwitting' for a reason, and there's a reason I didn't report them. Even then I wouldn't want any actual punishment to occur I'd just want (AT MOST) an admin to tell them to not extract from the plains of eidolon in that manner or something since it is quite capable of negatively impacting other players. Since they completely ignored me when I tried to tell them as much myself (I was also not angry at the time. Only upon patiently waiting for them to leave so we could wrap up only for them to end up dragging us along for the ride.) As for the way I went down there: The night was already progressed somewhat so it was quite unlikely the matchmaking would sign me up with anyone if I clicked on the bounty in question (not to mention losing additional time going down through cetus.) I'd be significantly more likely to end up there in a squad by myself with zero chance of anyone beaming down to help. Usually people will rush over if they see you murdering kaijus even if they were just down there for like, mining or something. I didn't really expect to get any further than the terralyst on my own (I can probably solo the gantulyst presently, but I haven't rested yet) but I was lucky and ended up with a player far enough to be kitted to kill those things as well and we could have gone farther.

I VERY RARELY see players of that low mastery level on the plains at all, least of all while the undead and kaijus are out and about killing everything that breathes. That in mind I know I sure as hell didn't stick around at night when I was that low and most other people don't seem to either. The game makes it very obvious that this is a you should not be here place at nighttime. Anyway I'm not asking for punishments, nor is my anger really directed at them. It's directed at this buggy game and the fact that other people unwittingly screwing you over is even possible in the first place. Someone should not be able to accidentally troll 2 late game players by running around in circles not knowing what they are doing and then trying to leave when they realize the place is made of death. It doesn't really matter who is 'right' or who is 'wrong.' That's not relevant. Though as far as impact on the other players the only effect my presence and subsequent killing of endgame superbosses had was to give them loot they had no hope of getting on their own. I WOULD feel kind of bad if I ended up spoiling them but I don't think they really saw much of anything other than a lot of explosions and shockwaves.

I didn't really consider the SPOILER MODE thing. It's easy to forget that's a spoiler when you rarely use it and most everyone you run into has already unlocked it anyway (though the same could be accomplished if someone happened to use energizing dash in a mission with them, which is also very likely). My only thought was that I was gonna kill the thing one way or another, and if any of them decided to wander over they would get free stuff :U

1 hour ago, Cerikus said:

something I learned recently is that apparently even if you haven't unlocked spoiler mode you can still take the eidolon bounty. So while it would have been best for OP to use the bounties provided, said bounties don't offer total protection from running into newbies being where they shouldn't.

15 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

something I learned recently is that apparently even if you haven't unlocked spoiler mode you can still take the eidolon bounty. So while it would have been best for OP to use the bounties provided, said bounties don't offer total protection from running into newbies being where they shouldn't.

I should note that I play on the switch. In my experience there are NOT a lot of people running that particular bounty at any given time on my client. I didn't want to test my luck of ending up with nobody at all since I started a bit late in the night.

2 hours ago, (NSW)randomoddguy said:

Some guy wants to extract. Someone else doesn't want to. Well, from what I'm seeing the old problem always used to be some moron refusing to go to the extraction point because he decided to go mining after an eidolon hunt or whatever and forced his team to sit there and weep until he got bored.

ESC > Leave Squad > Not Be the Moron waiting for others good will.

Well, I can kill AN eidolon by myself effortlessly. I sure as heck can't do the hydrolist by myself yet. (I don't even have void strike unlocked...) I'm trying to get more focus from this stuff precisely so I CAN reliably do it by myself. Also because I enjoy showering arcanes and free focus upon less fortunate players than myself.

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

ESC > Leave Squad > Not Be the Moron waiting for others good will.

There was another person in the party who was also trying to do the next eidolon. If we did that we would have split up from each other and our odds of success would have plummetted.

3 hours ago, (NSW)randomoddguy said:

The solution to this problem is Loki. Just troll until they give up.

jk. Well they ARE low mr… still they should have enough common sense to read the chat… 

I literally would not have become mad if they did not pointedly ignore me telling them how to leave without screwing us over and just extracting anyway. (I didn't like, actually expect them to participate in the hunt or anything. Or contribute meaningfully if they did. I was happy to rain sentient cores and eidolon shards upon them though.) Also because of the fact there's literally nothing I could do to keep from being forced out of the instance with the other guy who wanted to stay too. Seriously, DE, please. Make it like survival so any number of people can bail on the mission without ending it for the rest of them and it just splits up the parties between the leavers and the stayers. Me and the other guy did grumble a little to each other in PMs about having to wait for them to either plant a shard or leave (Because it felt inappropriate to issue a complaint to such low level players for not cooperating.) But there was plenty of time for a second eidolon still. So we were content to just wait for them to leave. It's just. You know. They took us with them.

Also I know you're joking but man you'd have to be a SERIOUSLY commited troll to start maining loki during eidolon hunts just on the offside chance someone decides to get in the way of the hunt.

5 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I don't think that's what OP Did ? 🤔

They literally could have come over, grabbed the loot after I killed it, #*!%ed off and gone fishing, and then come back and grabbed the loot of the next one without participating in the fight at all and I would not have cared. Giving noobs free arcanes is its own reward.

Archived