Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary And Secondary help needed.

Spark_Daddy

Question

So, The two weapons I want to fully focus on are.

Primary: Tenet Arca Plasmor (Must have, I love it too much, it makes me moan  like an combat engineer hugging a sledgehammer.... Don't ask....)
Secondary: Kuva Nukor (or suggest what you think should go here)

With that said. I need help understanding the following
1: What will be best for Handling Cambian Drift enemies, status wise. (In my head I was thinking use Plasmor for handling Necramechs, Nukor for CCing infested. All I know is that the Viral Meta doesn't work on these enemies like it does normal infested)

2: What frames will I need to be the Progenitor for each weapon's status type?

3: Mod Builds for both? (No Rivens. I don't wanna sell a body to fork over plat to the Riven Mafia) 

22 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

On AoE in general.... It didn't work even before the update and we know this was not intentional because  the Non- AoE Projectile Based Weapons are still bugged from what I hear....

No, wait, there's nothing wrong with the HM + AoE. The bug is in the G. Aptitude not boosting the AoE which was stillborn from the beginning?

But I guess it still doesn't do anything for the AoE HM, since when you think of it, AoE has it's own damage number from which HM determines the slash tick's strenght.. And if the Galvanized Aptitude doesn't increase it, the damage stays the same..

1 minute ago, (PSN)Luke_Zakalwe said:

....now what to slot in those D-polarities... Maybe [Hammer Shot]? Kinda wasted on the Lenz, but beggars can't be choosers..

If you really don't want to Reforma your Acceltra then yes... I can't think of anything better than Hammer Shot... 👍

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

On AoE in general.... It didn't work even before the update and we know this was not intentional because  the Non- AoE Projectile Based Weapons are still bugged from what I hear....

Ah!! So it was doomed even before it started! Thanks, I had somehow missed the AoE +HM bug, even tho HM is my get-go damage multipier..

....now what to slot in those D-polarities... Maybe [Hammer Shot]? Kinda wasted on the Lenz, but beggars can't be choosers..

36 minutes ago, (PSN)Luke_Zakalwe said:

You mean even on AoE crits, or only at direct hits?

Is the game smart enough to differentiate?

4 hours ago, McCIoud said:

Brammas explosion is AoE and Aptitude doesn't apply to AoE explosions. So the damage boost from aptitude wouldn't boost the damage to the slash procs.

Ah, damn. So DE was troughout with this. I was kinda hoping HM was overlooked and G. Aptitude just boosts base damage of the weapon, increasing HM's overall damage and indirectly boosting even AoE  since HM is kinda separate mechanic..

Edit: Is tehere a way to get a simulacrum damage log on PS4?

Edit 3: (I think I've figured this out now, no need for testing, sill curoius if there's a way to get that damage log out, tho)

I might sound like a petulant child, but I still wish to werify this; I don't want to re-forma the few of my AoE + HM weapons I had crammed the G.Aptitude in without further testing.

I had tested it with the Lenz just to see if the two (cold and slash from the HM) procs would increase the damage number with next arrows and it seemed like it did... but after you guys answers (thanks, btw) it might've been just my wishful thinking..

Edit 2: Actually, I was probalby looking at the initial damage, not the follow-up blast.. Damn.

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

That feature was Nerfed before it even worked....

The Boost from Galvanized Aptitude works similar to Serration so yes... It would increase the damage of slash procs caused by Hunter Munitions

You mean even on AoE crits, or only at direct hits?

Is the game smart enough to differentiate?

8 hours ago, (PSN)Luke_Zakalwe said:

I wonder (and I'm not contraducting you, just asking coz I'm not sure myself), but doesn't the Galvanized Aptitude boost HM ticks on Bramma's AoE? Kinda indirect AoE boost, but still?

Brammas explosion is AoE and Aptitude doesn't apply to AoE explosions. So the damage boost from aptitude wouldn't boost the damage to the slash procs.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Luke_Zakalwe said:

I wonder (and I'm not contraducting you, just asking coz I'm not sure myself), but doesn't the Galvanized Aptitude boost HM ticks on Bramma's AoE? Kinda indirect AoE boost, but still?

That feature was Nerfed before it even worked....

The Boost from Galvanized Aptitude works similar to Serration so yes... It would increase the damage of slash procs caused by Hunter Munitions

12 hours ago, McCIoud said:

I will caution, the top rated builds are often garbage and wrong, top rated bramma build uses galvanized aptitude (doesn't work) and has a heat progenitor (also bad).

We just use it because overframe because it has the best layout to share builds.

Also in Warframes official discord we have all these builds in the build discussion channel.

2 hours ago, McCIoud said:

Upfront damage sure, but having heat means you need to use an extra mod slot to make viral, and your status weight to proc viral is lower making hunter munitions do less.

That's what the Bomblets are for.... One of them will Proc Viral even if both the initial AoE don't....

7 hours ago, Spark_Daddy said:

specific search filters I need to input to find them?

(Item you need build for) has:link, then we often comment on if the build is good or not

8 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I was under the Impression that Heat Progenitor for The Bramma gave the most DPS 🤔...

Upfront damage sure, but having heat means you need to use an extra mod slot to make viral, and your status weight to proc viral is lower making hunter munitions do less.

1 hour ago, McCIoud said:

I will caution, the top rated builds are often garbage and wrong, top rated bramma build uses galvanized aptitude (doesn't work) and has a heat progenitor (also bad).

We just use it because overframe because it has the best layout to share builds.

Also in Warframes official discord we have all these builds in the build discussion channel.

Ah, thanks for the warning on that. Since you posted I've been looking at a lot of builds and many of them have confused me (IE: Seeing Viral Builds for Deimos when the enemies have innate viral resistance.). I may check out the Discord, are the builds pinned or are there specific search filters I need to input to find them?

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Heat and Corrosive for the Infested.... Radiation for The Necramechs.... I just want to explicitly state that using normal weapons to defeat Necramech's is only temporary until you can acquire a Mech of your own....

They are Annoyingly Tanky....

I was under the Impression that Heat Progenitor for The Bramma gave the most DPS 🤔....

Ah good, my Tenet Arca Plasmor is RAD focused as is, so that's nice :D

1 hour ago, MqToasty said:

Are you sure you want to bring two short-range ranged weapons?  Both the Tenet Arca Plasmor and the Kuva Nukor are only effective up to around 30m (a little more if you mod for Projectile Speed / Beam Length), so unless you are sure you will always be in the enemy's face, you might run into difficulties, especially on Open World levels.  Having said that:

1. Overall, Infested are really squishy.  It's more about killing the Ancient Healers first when they spawn so they do not protect / heal the others.  There are a few "bigger" Infested on the Cambion Drift (Saxum and Jugulus) that are kind of tanky, but you can definitely make short work of them if you mod for the right elements:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage#Overview_Table
The tanky ones tend to be Fossilized, so mod for Corrosive if you need to kill them faster.

2. See the chart McCloud provided.

3. Again, see the links McCloud provided.  Although, remember to take them with a grain of salt and work with what you have.  Odds are, you would not need anywhere near a meta build to take on Cambion Drift enemies.

Aye, I'm very sure. I tend to perfer CQC/CQB when using Vauban. It's the playstyle I enjoy the most overall. And yeah I've "met" all the Deimos enemies, targeting healers is always my primary objective when I see them. Noted, I'll build for Corrosive then for the Kuva Nukor for melting through the infested. Thank you for the input!

Are you sure you want to bring two short-range ranged weapons?  Both the Tenet Arca Plasmor and the Kuva Nukor are only effective up to around 30m (a little more if you mod for Projectile Speed / Beam Length), so unless you are sure you will always be in the enemy's face, you might run into difficulties, especially on Open World levels.  Having said that:

1. Overall, Infested are really squishy.  It's more about killing the Ancient Healers first when they spawn so they do not protect / heal the others.  There are a few "bigger" Infested on the Cambion Drift (Saxum and Jugulus) that are kind of tanky, but you can definitely make short work of them if you mod for the right elements:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage#Overview_Table
The tanky ones tend to be Fossilized, so mod for Corrosive if you need to kill them faster.

2. See the chart McCloud provided.

3. Again, see the links McCloud provided.  Although, remember to take them with a grain of salt and work with what you have.  Odds are, you would not need anywhere near a meta build to take on Cambion Drift enemies.

5 hours ago, Spark_Daddy said:

1: What will be best for Handling Cambian Drift enemies, status wise. (In my head I was thinking use Plasmor for handling Necramechs, Nukor for CCing infested. All I know is that the Viral Meta doesn't work on these enemies like it does normal infested)

Heat and Corrosive for the Infested.... Radiation for The Necramechs.... I just want to explicitly state that using normal weapons to defeat Necramech's is only temporary until you can acquire a Mech of your own....

They are Annoyingly Tanky....

24 minutes ago, McCIoud said:

I was under the Impression that Heat Progenitor for The Bramma gave the most DPS 🤔....

1 hour ago, Spark_Daddy said:

Ah thanks! I jsut now realized the links were to a legit site, first time seeing overframe. 

Archived