The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats Your Taste In Music?

AlienTetris

***Before i start, please do not discriminate anyone for their musical taste***

Thank you.

So i listen to a very little span of music, rock, pop rock, sometimes rap. And i'd like to expand that region of music!

Whats your favorite band, music, musical artist?

Mine personally would be:

Nirvana

Korn

Greatful dead

Tool

The Postal service

Backpackparty

Coldplay

Greenday

Anarbor

OHhello!

-------------------------------------------

So how about you?

(If anyone's interested in knowing, i WILL check out all of your songs, bands and artists when i get a chance!!)

Edited by AlienTetris

Great library! Do you have a higher-than-others preference among the ones you listed? And why?

Thanks, they are not in order, however i do prefer some over the other like;

The Postal Service -over- Anarbor

Mostly because the postal service has that calm music as were anarbor has fast pace.....but they all have that nice place in my heart. (if thats not to cheesy)

Edited by AlienTetris

Neurofunk, Aggressive DnB, Japanese metal/pop etc. (female voices only)

Just listing a few bands

Bands (Neurofunk/DnB)

Freqax

Black Sun Empire

Noisia

Neutral Point

Bands (Japanese music)

EastNewSound

Liz Triangle

Pizuya

Edited by Chris9428

Mainly only listen to Techno nowadays since it's the only thing that actually keeps me interested. It doesn't bore me. I used to listen to lots of Rock years back but ever since I really got into Techno, I couldn't turn back. I'm not hating on any other genre at all, they just don't interest me as much. 

I love Drum and Bass, House, Progressive, Trance, Ambient. Ambient usually takes the cake for me. Two favorite artists are Need A Name and Exist Strategy. Going to say the stereotypical hipster saying: "You probably don't know them." Honestly, you probably don't. But you might like it.

Can name a ton of other artists if others are interested.

Personally, among other things, I love listening to instrumental songs, especially "epic" like those by Two Steps From Hell. I particularly love the work of John Dreamer, who's a composer as hobby on Youtube:

Dramatic Uplifting is definitely among the types of "epic" songs I love.

Edited by Casardis

That does seem like quite a variety of artists! of the one's OP listed, I enjoy me some Coldplay and Green Day. Nirvana for nostalgia purposes. but I'm more into the brit pop/rock scene. along with 80's new wave. generally I don't run into many people who listen to the same things I do, living in the US and all, but to each his own

well, I'll name a few. whichever come to mind this late:

Coldplay

Keane

The Killers

The Bravery

Franz Ferdinand

Athlete

White Lies

The Feeling

McFly

Starsailor

Travis

good stuff. actually that's probably all the main ones. the 80's bands/songs are mostly one-offs, but I grew up listening to them (my dad would play these Living in Oblivion CD's, and I rediscovered them when I was in high school)

Its always nice to find people to talk to music about. its the emotional ties, and if someone else feels that, well, they understand you, and you understand them. to a degree, at least. if there are any galaxy defenders or victims out there, hit me up and we can have a little chat

I'll listen to just about anything that isn't pop or country, to be honest. Some of my favorite artists in my playlist include:

Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill series music)

Beatles (Their later, more experimental stuff)

Beethoven

Blue Stahli

Celldweller (Not so thrilled with the latest album, though.)

Device & Disturbed (Same vocalist in both)

Esoterica
Exist Trace

Haloscript

Harry Gregson-Williams (MGS series music. Particularly enjoy while playing Warframe)

Infected Mushroom

Lacuna Coil

Lithium Dawn

Maximum The Hormone

Mudvayne

Mushroomhead

Nobuo Uematsu (FF series music)

Pendulum

Sevendust

Slipknot

Spineshank

Static-X

Stone Sour

Tool

Voicians

Wagdug Futuristic Unity

Zardonic

Listed more than I thought I would, but that is still only a small part of my total playlist. Been collecting music for as long as I can remember. XD

Edited by RyojinOrion

I'll listen to just about anything that isn't pop or country, to be honest. Some of my favorite artists in my playlist include:

Beethoven

Blue Stahli

Esoterica

Exist Trace

Haloscript

Harry Gregson-Williams (MGS series music. Particularly enjoy while playing Warframe)

Infected Mushroom

Lacuna Coil

Lithium Dawn

Maximum The Hormone

Mudvayne

Mushroomhead

Pendulum

Sevendust

Slipknot

Spineshank

Static-X

Stone Sour

Tool

Voicians

Wagdug Futuristic Unity

Zardonic

Listed more than I thought I would, but that is still only a small part of my total playlist. Been collecting music for as long as I can remember. XD

oh  i see tool on there, hell ya! gotta add that!

Metal. just Metal. 

all other music puts me to sleep. and only Metal tells an interesting story with the music, as far as i'm concerned. yes, Top40, that's nice, we've all heard that story before. go write a book about it so nobody can buy it.

http://i.imgur.com/xBdhzRw.png

Disclaimer: there's a few on that list that i haven't listened to in years, but am too lazy to delete. it doesn't help i have a drive dedicated to music, so space cramping can't even get me to do it. 

also, my library is very pitiful, i know. i just can't remember to go looking for music. i have lists of people to investigate, but i never get around to doing so.

Metal. just Metal. 

all other music puts me to sleep. and only Metal tells an interesting story with the music, as far as i'm concerned. yes, Top40, that's nice, we've all heard that story before. go write a book about it so nobody can buy it.

http://i.imgur.com/xBdhzRw.png

Disclaimer: there's a few on that list that i haven't listened to in years, but am too lazy to delete. it doesn't help i have a drive dedicated to music, so space cramping can't even get me to do it. 

also, my library is very pitiful, i know. i just can't remember to go looking for music. i have lists of people to investigate, but i never get around to doing so.

Awesome you have something in common with a moderator and i share a small common in metal as well!

metal

meshuggah, mushroomhead, mudvayne, hell yeah, coal chamber, devil driver, dry kill logic, bloodsimple., as i lay dying, all that remains, five finger death punch, shadows fall, rammstein, heaven shall burn, divine heresy... things of that sort...

no particular order or primary band, although current "favorites" would probably be 5fdp, devil driver, and mushroomhead.. if i had to pick only a couple.

Beethoven

Blue Stahli

Esoterica

Exist Trace

Haloscript

Infected Mushroom

Lacuna Coil

Lithium Dawn

Maximum The Hormone

Mudvayne

Mushroomhead

Pendulum

Sevendust

Slipknot

Spineshank

Static-X

Stone Sour

Tool

Voicians

Wagdug Futuristic Unity

Zardonic

Okay, so I posted a fuller list of the music in my playlist on another site... Might as well link it here. http://l-factor.net/showthread.php?p=119266#post119266

The list used to be so much bigger, but I lost a good chunk of my music files to file transfer corruption and numerous hard drive crashes.