Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Will We Get..

xoxcloudxox

Katana is type of sabre. Cutting sword. Just because you watched some anime or think that they are different doesnt mean that they are.

Katana=sword in japanse.

You need to understand culture-specific terms and their connotations.

Katana is type of sabre. Cutting sword. Just because you watched some anime or think that they are different doesnt mean that they are.

Katana=sword in japanse.

Well, since people don't seem to know what is what; a Sabre is more closely related to a Tachi due to the way they are worn. The Katana is a type of Japanese Long Sword; there are several types of Japanese Long Swords. The key word denoting the difference from all other types of longsword is "Japanese", meaning the way it's made, the materials it's made of, and where it originated.

In regards to there being a true Katana-styled weapon in the game, it's possible. They did mention adding new attack animations for several weapons. It's possible they maybe already be looking into it. They did previewed some cool Kung-Fu influenced moves for fist weapon charge attacks on one of the streams. I'd really like to see a cool charge animation that mimics an Iaijutsu draw-slash with massive frontal cone range.

We don't need more melee weapons. Seriously, stop it. As long as DE doesn't understand and address that the melee combat in Warframe is pretty bad, their is no merit in more reskins of the same weapons (see Obex & Kogake, Prova & Machete, etc.).

Melee chains, when?

Charge chains, when?

Equippable melee, when?

Directional melee, when?

Until then, melee is nothing but a way of transportation - and that's the Zorens and everything is inferior. Melee has a tiny threat bubble, negliable damage, barely applicable AoE and is generally inferior to any kind of gunfire. And I personally do not care if some people here enjoy it for Edgy McEdgelord reasons. Melee in Warframe is an uninteresting afterthought that is horribly neglected.

We don't need more melee weapons. Seriously, stop it. As long as DE doesn't understand and address that the melee combat in Warframe is pretty bad, their is no merit in more reskins of the same weapons (see Obex & Kogake, Prova & Machete, etc.).

Melee chains, when?

Charge chains, when?

Equippable melee, when?

Directional melee, when?

Until then, melee is nothing but a way of transportation - and that's the Zorens and everything is inferior. Melee has a tiny threat bubble, negliable damage, barely applicable AoE and is generally inferior to any kind of gunfire. And I personally do not care if some people here enjoy it for Edgy McEdgelord reasons. Melee in Warframe is an uninteresting afterthought that is horribly neglected.

You forgot to mention instant stunlocks being changed so we can get a direction controllable QTE to flip out of them instead of getting knockdowned as well as the ability to potentially chain melee off of that + a way to actually not get instagibbed by poison and block disrupters so you don't lose all your energy.  I'm convinced as of late that DE secretly hates melee or something....(or it's just fallen to the wayside and will eventually be addressed....I hope)

Ninjas used Tantos, Kamas attached to literal ball and chains, caltrops, and whatnot. They rarely, if at all, used actual katanas. They had to use weapons that could be easily concealed in their disguises, whether it be a farmer, servant, etc.

I'm sure they totally used machine guns and rocket launchers too.

I'm sure they totally used machine guns and rocket launchers too.

You forgot spaceships, those are pretty important.  

Remember when the 2nd battle of Kyoto was decided when the black fleet showed up with almost a hundred ninja spaceships and turned the tide of battle?  

It's amazing what a little folded steel can accomplish in the right hands, eh'? Too bad a Katana would be a one-use weapon against even modern infantry. Can't imagine how many a Tenno would need to carry just to take down a Roller or Osprey.

It'd be all *Slice* - *Draw another* - *Slice* - *Draw another* - *Slice* ad nauseum.

That's so cool! Let's totally do that instead of blast our enemies with high caliber munitions!

Okay seriously there is no japan in space. We are space ninjas not the kind of ninjas you all want. The sooner we stop asking for traditional ninja nonsense (blowpipes.... Seriously? We don't even have mouths!?) the better. I dont mind the katana or a ball and chain varity of weapon foming out but to insist it look like traditional weaponry is silly and emersion breaking. The art they produce is always awesome or at least decent so if they do honor this request don't expect them not to make it a laser katana or something... Point is please stop saying "we are ninjas so we ahould have [insert random fan fiction weapon here]"

It's amazing what a little folded steel can accomplish in the right hands, eh'? Too bad a Katana would be a one-use weapon against even modern infantry. Can't imagine how many a Tenno would need to carry just to take down a Roller or Osprey.

It'd be all *Slice* - *Draw another* - *Slice* - *Draw another* - *Slice* ad nauseum.

That's so cool! Let's totally do that instead of blast our enemies with high caliber munitions!

What?  We already have melee....also ninja without melee is weaksauce to the max.  

... Completely aside from discussing the nature of what a longsword is...

A simple and traditional blade without much designstuff and neon lights or otherwise random organs attached to it.

I highly approve but as we know, this is something DE would never do because they want to have their weaponry to look "unique" which is never the way you/we/I want it.

Then perhaps a purchaseable "classic" skin set for some weapons :

Skana gets a katana skin

Fragor gets a maul skin

Scindo gets a 2-handed axe skin.

etc.