The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Time (To Separate The Alt Helm From The Stats They Modify)

_Rue_

It's time to separate the Alt helm from the stats they modify.

The Item can be divided into two parts. For example:

Swindle Loki helm Range + 15%, health - 5 %

This item can be divided into Swindle Loki helm and The Swindle Chip (or something-matrix, core, etc).

So once you complete crafting or buying the item, you get the Swindle Loki Helm Equipped with a Swindle Chip.

You will then be able to swap the Swindle Chip for the Essence Chip (Power Efficiency +15%, Amor - 5%) and keep the look you want.

Pros:

A very flexible and adaptable system

In the future, Chips and Helms can be obtained separately

In the future  Chips May be equipped cross frame (as in Scorpion Ash Helm with an Esence Chip[from the loki alt helm])

Cons

It will need to have it's own UI

If cross chips can be used regardless of the frame, some might be redundant, balance might have to be considered too

Update:

Default helm have a chip slot but no chip (there were several comments about default helms). This means you can use a chip  on the helm

Cosmetic only? Well, as some have already said, it's an option. The chips though add another layer of customization to the frames. I just hope they will not give the chips ranks... I don't need another 10 rank rare chip to throw my cores at.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for the ideas and the support! I'd also love to see this in game! :D

Edit 11/15/13

a possible name of "chip" could be "system" so if "+15% power strength  and -5% Armor" is called "Obliterate" equipped on the Vanguard helm it will be the Vanguard Helm with Obliterate systems. :D

I'm kinda thinking of making all these chips or systems available to everyone from the get go. All the kinds. These can serve as preludes to the mod system. 

So you like the efficiency bonus, there actually exists mods than can grant more! Go forth and collect em all brave tenno!

lol

Also I was thinking of making them add a prefix or suffix. "+15% power strength  and -5% Armor" can be "Vicious" or "of Viciousness" So when you equip it in your vanguard rhino helm it'll become a "Vanguard Rhino Helm of Viciousness" or a "Vicious Vanguard Rhino Helm" (but no, i do not want to have to plus it so it becomes a +9999 Vicious Rhino Helm)

lol it's starting to sound like this certain dungeon crawler I know... :3

Alternatively we could call these chips "modes" so "+15% power strength  and -5% Armor" can be "Obliterate" and your Rhino can be "Rhino in Obliterate mode" lol

"+15% power efficiency and - 5% armor" can be "Barrage" and so on.

Sounds cheesy though

Edited by _Rue_

I always wanted the run speed from my alt Saryn helmet, but the flower crown is just so dorky. I really like my default helmet's appearance and I'm losing stat preferences based on aesthetics. I endorse this system to resolve this conflict of interest once and for all!