Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Consistency issues

Rage_Inducer

Before I start rambling about all the consistency issues that immediately come to mind
I'd like to clarify that I still love this game despite the many issues it has, if I didn't care, I wouldn't have bothered listing out all the issues I have with it.
I want Warframe to be better because not only do I know it can but it already has gotten a LOT better over the years and surely it will continue to do so.
(like the rework to enemy armor allowing builds to deviate from the hard anti-armor meta we had before - took a while for it to happen but better late than never)

• Shield disruptor removes a % from all the shields except for it doesn't.
    Eidolons!
    I understand why it had to be done, DE likes us to do things their way plus removing 100% of the shields effectively bricked the fight.
    So far so reasonable but the hard question I need to ask is:

Why was the fight not reworked to account for that issue?
    The Jackal fight got reworked to introduce the parazon (into its head).
    Eidolons are arguably more important due to the value of their drops and their ties with the focus system yet despite that, they haven't been touched. 

• Void damage can hurt eidolon shields except for when it can't.
    Xata's whisper is apparently some kind of diet Void damage that is as effective on Eidolons as harsh language.
    Ok, so you don't want us to melt Eidolons with it. That's ok, but why is it void damage at all, then?
    It works like void damage on literally all sentients except for the ones where we really want it.

• Your weapons of mass destruction do massive levels of destruction except for when they don't.
    Liches and Sisters of Parvos are incredibly good at tanking a walking mechanichal monster's rapid fire 1.2 mill AoE explosives but all it takes is one Nyx with an SMG and they immediately get vaporized...
    You have a weapon that does silly numbers in bursts!? Would be a shame if it did maybe 2k damage on Lephantis or it's brightly colored relative, the Hemocyte.
    Banshee can let you overflow the damage variable on any enemy except the ones where you want to like bosses and eidolons.
    (Credit where credit is due: it does work on Liches and Sisters so Banshee has something she can be good at)
    And these are only a few of the arbitraty damage capped enemies that come to mind, I'm sure there's more I missed.
    Please rework the fights to account for these instead of implementing damage caps.
    They're not fun, they're not challenging and they are not effective at increasing the length of the fight because we'll always find another way to trivialize it.

• Tactical Reload makes it so that your assault rifles can reload while holstered except for when they don't.
    Trumna and Sepulcrum!
    Both of these have painfully long reload times and these mods would allow you to keep the damage output up and not have to schedule an appointment for the next time you want to damage a butcher that's rushing you part way through your reload.
    It's a simple problem with a simple sollution that we just can't apply because neither of the mods can be applied to these weapons and as far as I know, these are the only two cases of this happening.

• Nightwave! Where did it come from, where did it go?
    Sometimes it's 30 levels of prestige, other times it's 60 or perhaps 120.
    I get it, new nightwave stories don't manifest themselves by clapping your hands, plus we knew well enough there wasn't going to be a new story for it either because of the hard focus on New War, that's fine. If we get nothing but Nora's Choice from now on, that would also be fine.
    I don't really have an issue with the challenges either, some are more annoying than others but I at least know people that enjoy the ones I hate so it's 100% a me issue on that front.
    What REALLY needs to be done regarding these is some form of schedule so people know when one ends and another starts.
    Nightwave is extremely important for newcomers as it allows for more slots, reactors and catalysts plus some nice extras and people need to know what's going on with it.

• Can't name a dagger zaw by it's components, can name a weapon "Crumb Guzzler"
    Now there's obviously no point in trying to get all possible names that can be seen as profanity, there's too many crazy names and plays on words we can make when naming anything.
    Just allow us to name anything as anything (within reason, obviously slurs and such should be purged) and simply tag something as profanity so a default name shows up instead when the profanity filter is on. Add a checkbox that says "Is profanity" for people to use when they get... creative with their naming.
    For most weapons, it would just be their default name and we could just see "Zaw", "Kitgun" and "Amp" for their special cases when the filter is on and there's any kind of profanity.
    The filter will actually do something and people won't feel as compelled to get questionably creative.

• The game guides you through all the important steps of earlygame except for when it doesn't.
    We learn so much about everything except about the way we upgrade mods and just how important they really are.
    Modding is basically the only true measure of "power" a player has as Mastery Rank is only an indication of how much equipment they've used.
    Turorial needs to stress harder just how important modding is.

• Helminth can infuse any power on any frame except for when it can't and sometimes, when it can, it doesn't work fully or at all.
    Yareli can't use anything infused while on merulina and then there's the supposed "no buffing power alongside another buffing power" rule that kinda makes sense except for when you infuse powers that don't buff directly 

• Prex cards and decorations!
    Some Prex cards are in the laverian, at least one's in [spoiler], and then there's the ones from twitch drops and Baro
    So far, so good because at least the laverian ones and [spoiler] one are all warframe prex cards and the rest aren't as far as I've seen.
    Why are there 2 different kinds of prex cards? They place differently and orient themselves differently too, it's most easily seen when using constrained movement.
    On warframe cards you get a reasonably sized set of arrows to move the card arround that are oriented in a specific way that makes perfect sense then all the non warframe cards get massive arrows that are oriented completely differently.
    Size and complexity does not mean anything compared to decoration capacity cost. Why is it that stuff like vitus essence and orokin cell decorations cost only 1 capacity each whereas something like a skushma transvox which is about half the size of an orokin cell takes up 5? It's not even the only case where something like this happens. (A rug takes the same capacity as a domestik drone)

• Primary, secondary, tertiary and accents are just suggestions on far too many armor sets.
    Targis's "Secondary" color affects the largest area of the set,
    What channel metallics go on feels completely random.
    Frakta shoulders take their main color from the tertiary slot.
    Anyone that tried to combine any two sets of armor should know how bad this one is.
    It used to be worse with syandanas as well but at least there we can color them separately and it can work out just fine.
    Individually colorable armor parts or a pass over all of their channels to make them all color consistently would be greatly appreciated.

If you knew how the game worked, you would know eidolons would be one shot through the shield and synovia with zero effort.

You are meant to actually progress through the game and get an amp and use 4 players to take down the eidolon. 

It's warframes version of a late game boss and shouldn't be further trivialized because someone is lazy.

You're welcome to look up people soloing all 3 eidolons in 10 minutes. 

Whatever happens, you'll have to realize that all things in the game won't be for you specifically. You have to play by the games rules and also learn about the games mechanics if you want to get further ahead. 

hace 3 minutos, (PSN)Madurai-Prime dijo:

1. If you knew how the game worked, you would know eidolons would be one shot through the shield and synovia with zero effort.

You are meant to actually progress through the game and get an amp and use 4 players to take down the eidolon. 

It's warframes version of a late game boss and shouldn't be further trivialized because someone is lazy.

You're welcome to look up people soloing all 3 eidolons in 10 minutes. 

Firstly, if you read what the post is about, you'd realize I'm not asking for it to be easier,
I'm asking for it to be reworked to make sense and account for the problems that would innevitably happen if the game was more consistent.

Secondly, the fight is already pathetic since madurai focus can effectively onetap shields and voidrig's 4 can delete any limb.
You don't even need to worry about what frame or weapons you bring, just do it too fast for the lures to have time to take damage and you're good.

But by all means, keep aserting your elite superiority over me, it's so accurate, productive and conducive to further dialogue.

1 hour ago, Rage_Inducer said:

Helminth can infuse any power on any frame except for when it can't and sometimes, when it can, it doesn't work fully or at all.
Yareli can't use anything infused while on merulina and then there's the supposed "no buffing power alongside another buffing power" rule that kinda makes sense except for when you infuse powers that don't buff directly 

As fair I remember you can infuse on any frames (except same frames like Inaros' power on Inaros but that's understandable).

How abilities work is another thing. As you noted on Merulina they won't work (unless you turn them on before entering Merulina). Xaku is the same - abilities are not affected by the Vast untime AT ALL (I've posted about this issue, how Vast untime can instead stopping time, slow it down - basically add some time or something and other method that I've forgotten).

Void damage can hurt eidolon shields except for when it can't.
Xata's whisper is apparently some kind of diet Void damage that is as effective on Eidolons as harsh language.
Ok, so you don't want us to melt Eidolons with it. That's ok, but why is it void damage at all, then?
It works like void damage on literally all sentients except for the ones where we really want it.

It was made for balance reasons... However they could just cap damage.

28 minutes ago, Rage_Inducer said:

Firstly, if you read what the post is about, you'd realize I'm not asking for it to be easier,
I'm asking for it to be reworked to make sense and account for the problems that would innevitably happen if the game was more consistent.

Secondly, the fight is already pathetic since madurai focus can effectively onetap shields and voidrig's 4 can delete any limb.
You don't even need to worry about what frame or weapons you bring, just do it too fast for the lures to have time to take damage and you're good.

But by all means, keep aserting your elite superiority over me, it's so accurate, productive and conducive to further dialogue.

Yea...reworked to be easier...it already does make sense:

Your warframe doesn't move unless it's powered by you...the operator....eidolon shields are only weak to Operator void energy. If you don't know....you were imbued with void energy when you were in the zariman 10-0 long ago. Not your warframe.....you.

Secondly....how much progression is put in, in these 2 scenarios:

Buying Xaku and a Rubico Prime. 

Or....

Farming an amp via Vox Solaris which means rank 5 Fortuna bounties, and millions of focus.....

Just curious what you think is easier...

hace 13 minutos, (PSN)Madurai-Prime dijo:

Yea...reworked to be easier...it already does make sense:

Your warframe doesn't move unless it's powered by you...the operator....eidolon shields are only weak to Operator void energy. If you don't know....you were imbued with void energy when you were in the zariman 10-0 long ago. Not your warframe.....you.

Secondly....how much progression is put in, in these 2 scenarios:

Buying Xaku and a Rubico Prime. 

Or....

Farming an amp via Vox Solaris which means rank 5 Fortuna bounties, and millions of focus.....

Just curious what you think is easier...

See NOW you're talking proper sense.
Mate, just so we're clear, I'm in endgame, I beat all the quests, got all the weapons except the 2 new prime weapons, and I'm not touching the inconsistencies in the lore with a 10 meter stick held by someone else cause that's enough to drive anyone to insanity plus I don't wanna go into spoiler territory by accident.

The issue I have right now is that xaku does diet void damage and it doesn't apply to eidolons.

Obviously if it worked, we'd just have a xaku infused chroma slapping the eidolons to death and that would not be good.
What would be nice is to have something completely different altogether that doesn't rely on the Operator's ability to do damage and instead relies on something else that only they can do. That way the amount of void damage you do is made irrelevant. What exactly could be done... I don't know but what I do know is that it should probably not be a DPS check for them. 
Then the problem would be that the amps would be made pointless so it's a bit of a tough situation to try to solve.

That being said, DE did manage to find a way out of stuff like this before such as with the galvanized mods and weapon arcanes allowing you to finally ditch mods like serration without making those mods irrelevant, finally adding some variety to builds.

If anyone could solve this riddle, it's DE.

hace 1 hora, quxier dijo:

It was made for balance reasons... However they could just cap damage.

I'm aware. Would be nice if they just made it some mechanical challenge of sorts so that the amount of void damage done is irrelevant. If it was something only the operator can physically do, bringing in a frame that does more void damage would do nothing. But then the problem becomes: What do amps exist for? So it needs some more thought put into it

1 minute ago, Rage_Inducer said:

I'm aware. Would be nice if they just made it some mechanical challenge of sorts so that the amount of void damage done is irrelevant. If it was something only the operator can physically do, bringing in a frame that does more void damage would do nothing. But then the problem becomes: What do amps exist for? So it needs some more thought put into it

It's like what Mechs are for? They are just worse frames that could work under Orphix... till there is "Orphix 2.0". :D

To be honest should be alternatives. Not everyone likes same stuffs.

hace 7 minutos, quxier dijo:

It's like what Mechs are for? They are just worse frames that could work under Orphix... till there is "Orphix 2.0". :D

To be honest should be alternatives. Not everyone likes same stuffs.

Kinda? They are "worse" in the sense of being clunky and having stamina cause damage wise Voidrig is rather silly with the rapidfire 1.2 mill damage AoE once properly modded.
I totally get it if it's not everyone's cup of tea though.
It is a very different play style.
And besides new war and orphyx venom they're not really required.
Heck, even in the quest how necessary the necramech actually was is... questionable at best.

damage wise Voidrig is rather silly with the rapidfire 1.2 mill damage AoE once properly modded.

Maybe people like some huge numbers but I prefer some "mediocre one" and use other methods. I haven't finished Steel path because it's just all about more damage, imho.

Operator strikes as some good alternative (except eidolons/orbs).

It gives some stuffs on it's own (e.g. healing, energy, some damage, stealth, combo efficiency etc).

On other hand if you don't want to use you can just zap sentients and go back to frame-play.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Rage_Inducer:

See NOW you're talking proper sense.
Mate, just so we're clear, I'm in endgame, I beat all the quests, got all the weapons except the 2 new prime weapons, and I'm not touching the inconsistencies in the lore with a 10 meter stick held by someone else cause that's enough to drive anyone to insanity plus I don't wanna go into spoiler territory by accident.

The issue I have right now is that xaku does diet void damage and it doesn't apply to eidolons.

Obviously if it worked, we'd just have a xaku infused chroma slapping the eidolons to death and that would not be good.
What would be nice is to have something completely different altogether that doesn't rely on the Operator's ability to do damage and instead relies on something else that only they can do. That way the amount of void damage you do is made irrelevant. What exactly could be done... I don't know but what I do know is that it should probably not be a DPS check for them. 
Then the problem would be that the amps would be made pointless so it's a bit of a tough situation to try to solve.

That being said, DE did manage to find a way out of stuff like this before such as with the galvanized mods and weapon arcanes allowing you to finally ditch mods like serration without making those mods irrelevant, finally adding some variety to builds.

If anyone could solve this riddle, it's DE.

Xata's Whisper can proc the DmgVoidSmall64.png Void The bullet attractor turns enemy projectiles towards themselves, effectively reflecting damage. This even applies to hit-scan weapons, which cannot exit the bubble. The DmgVoidSmall64.png Void damage applies to most weapon hits, including Mod TT 20px.png Acid Shells and Mod TT 20px.png Concealed Explosives, but not Mod TT 20px.png Bursting Mass or Pathocyst.png Pathocyst Since the damage bonus is not applied to the weapon directly, and only activates on-hit, it will not be absorbed into Mod TT 20px.png Bursting Mass. The Void damage bonus does not allow Xaku's weapons to damage Eidolon Shields of the Teralyst, Gantulyst and Hydrolyst, nor the ghostly energy form of the Eidolon Vomvalyst. Damage is affected by Ancient Disruptor auras and other enemies that reduce ability damage, unlike other weapon buffing skills. Other than the Amp operator, it's a bit confusing as it actually does Void harm as well! Baby MAG bubbles! 

Archived