Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The open worlds of Warframe, and the problem(s) with them.

(PSN)Pablogamer585

[Long post warning]
Warframe "open worlds" have been a theme of controversy since their introduction back in 2017-2018 with the Plains of Eidolon, and while what they promised seemed, promising to put it in the boldest of ways, their current state is rather abysmal and disappointing to players, be new ones, or "veterans".

A lot of users have stated their dissonance towards them and are really upset with how the bounties work or feel in general.
The content open worlds bring to the table is also unnappealing, or simply not there to begin with, to the point players don't want to bother to progress further on them as it doesn't bring much to their game experience  and it is very tedious, nor does it contribute to the storyline that much, really.
Stills, same case as Railjack, people is kinda forced to play through them in order to get certain items or quests done or else they won't be able to progress further in the verse (I.E. Necramechs for the 5 minutes or less they were used during The New War).

In general, a good bunch of the playerbase despises these huge tilesets, as considering them "open worlds" seems a bit too vastive and dishonest.

I for one, am one of those who actually loves open worlds, but I am starting to get tired of them as of lately, seeing how they are just regular start chart missions again and again but having to move from point A to point B in a repetitive manner which ends up being sickening to be honest.
I am pretty high mastery in the game with quite some hours on my back and I have pretty much 100% of what these have to offer plus have done everything there's to be done in them, be it solo or with friends at times.
The introduction of the Narmer bounties after the New War was seemengly interesting, although not as much as originally thought while playing through the adventure, but leaving that bit aside, after seeing what those bounties were all about, and getting everything (which wasn't much) I must say I am heavily disappointed once again.

With that small introduction out of the way, lets begin with Cetus, as it was the first and oldest of them all.

Cetus / The Plains
My biggest headache when it comes to open worlds. It is a big place, with little to do on it.
Little secrets, little interesting missions, little content in general. Outside of Eidolon hunting, what does this place have to offer? Let me guess, the Zaws.

Content

Zaws just like Kitguns are a 1 sided dodecahedron that has a lot of "customization", but there's a single most effective and simply best forge for all of them boiling down in the links, as the rest of the parts don't matter but as much, which is dissapointing. This could bring the point of "but then, there really is customization duh", I could really debate about this but lets keep on going, will talk about it in the replies if someone wants to.

On the other side, there's amps, which just like zaws and kitguns, come with the exact same issue, and an extra one.

• First; you don't care that much about status, just crit damage and crit chance, and the reasoning is honestly logical: If my weapon only has one or two damage types (statuses), why would I care about proccing them if (for most kitguns and amps in general, impact based zaws too) these have 0 scaling and probably are capped at 10 or something which provides no major benefit or damage to it?

• Second; amps are only used for Eidolon hunts and perhaps, just perhaps some sentient enemy I might have forgotten from the Codex, but anyways, things like disarming a Kuva Guardian don't require you of the amp, just to void blast or void dash. They can also be used to change the weakeness from the Orb mother but even amp-less you can do that so...

And that's basically the content that PoE offers the player.
Two modular systems with the exact same issues, and the issue being rooted in certain damage types being bad and status being not as important as crit by far.

Vendors

Moving on from the things to do in the citadel that might not involve arsenal-additions directly, lets take a look at them:

• Fishing.
    One of the most simplistic and somewhat entertained things to do in the game, this received a pretty unfair nerf (imo) when the blueprints for the baits and tints were removed and now these have to be bought by rep. Luckily, I keep the original blueprints so I can keep making of these whenever I am in need of some, which is only for Nightwave.
    Fishing really has no purpose, it serves as an in-between step to get materials for certain things like the aforementioned zaws and amps and nothing else, but that is fine I guess, since these are rather primitive so it makes sense they're made from animal parts and low tier minerals. Exchanging fish for rep is also, not really that exciting or quick of a process, as the rep of fish is not high, so if you want to level up with Ostrons by just fishing, mining, and collecting Cetus wisp's by the lakes, good luck, it will take some time compared to completing contracts...

• MINERALS! Mining.
    With the basic laser the Ostrons provided us back then, mining is a horrid chore that required of nitty gritty aiming for some fine lining to get a meh amount of rocks.
    It was, and still is if you use that mining too, simply better to do it fast than to do it well, thing which I feel is all over the place in this game in particular.
    Mining contributes the same way as fishing, a 0 to the left, you only use it to get your needed resources to build certain modular things on the foundry, or very picky weapons which might come from the contracts like the Stubba or Quartakk,
    Again you can exchange these for rep, and at least these are better than fishes, but eh... still not the greatest or a really considerable way to obtain reputation, even for newer players.

• Fauna preservation.
    Cool, but pointless. Yes you can be the super good guy who goes out there to save animals from the wilderness and blah blah blah, but that won't redeem you from accidentally killing 50 Quakas by bullet jumping. (It wasn't your fault honestly)
    You get floofs. Floofs. FLOOFS, I LOVE IT. No seriously, I love it, got my orbiter with a floof of almost all the wild life in the game, Ticker included. Also badges to put on your shoulders. Good boy. Still utterly pointless, but at very least unlike on Deimos, here it isn't shoved as a part of the progression that later on had to be addressed by making it optional to be bough from another Trader (Son > Grandmother).

That is pretty much all Cetus has, 2 guys who offer modular things, one in charge of fishing, one in charge of mining, and one in charge of animal preservation.
It isn't much, there isn't much, but like I said since the Ostrons are the most primitive of them all, it is only fair they have way less than the rest of the OWS (Open World Syndicates).

Missions & things to do

Going over the contracts, which are all the exact same but with one extra stage and higher enemy level + are available for even a MR1 Tenno, we have these missions:

• Liberate camp, good luck finding the hidden Grineers in this huge area we've marked. (Certain spots are mostly easy to defend, certain are simply horrible)
  • Liberate fellow prisioner, easiest mission of them in all honesty, as the guy teleports behind you.
  • Mobile defense with actual moving objective, at a painfully slow speed. [This one would do itself if it wasn't because you need to be in range of the dorne for this one to move]
  • Kill this commander, also good luck finding the enemies in time.
  • Find these cool catches, which is also super easy to do and relies on the player's performance instead of our not-so-beloved timer-based defences.
  • There's this Grineer vault we want you to loot, aka Defence 19.20.230...
  • Kill this Grineer regime on these marked areas, aka red circles all over your Plain's map but 0 enemies spawn.
  • Break these supplies so the bad guys don't take them.
  • Capture the coward.

There are also Ghoul missions:

• Kill commander 2.0
  • Liberate hostage 2.0
  • Search caché 2.0, 1/3
  • Fill this tube and mobile defense 60.0
  • Breaking supplies 2.0
  • Kill this regime 2.0
  • Capture the coward 2.0

There are also Narmer and Plague Star, but those two are the previous scheme of above with 3.0 and 4.0 added to their mission descriptions sequentially, so, the breakdown is:

It sucks. You go to Konzu, pick a contract, and always do the exact same boring defences/exterminates until you're done and you get your meh rewards.
The only mission types that feel good, imo for they are entertained, are the cache finding (on caves), and supply runs.
Rest be things we do on the Start-Chart but with modifiers that at times are hard to accomplish and not because of the player's own fault.

Capture the target? Guess what, a Kuaka buring itself on the ground, or a Vomvalyst killing a Grineer counts as a kill YOU shouldn't have done. Amazing I know.
Defend this area? Good luck at the Ostwan Range, where enemies can appear in places you won't even see and the terrain is so uneven you won't notice they are there until you've failed.
Kill this commander? Good luck getting the enemies to spawn in time dude. This contract is easily done with a friend by making one enter the area and the other killing another camp where mind you, there are actual enemies.

Extras

And lastly, there is this one thing that personally burns me: traveling in open worlds, though this one is in general, not just for Cetus.
DE made these gigantic maps just so we spent three quarters of the time moving with our archwing of preferance from A to B to C like bees.
"If you hate this so much, why don't you just go by foot duh" someone will probably say in the comments as a snippet from the entire article, and mind you, I actually like a lot to move around without archwing, but it is slow, boring, and has no benefits as much as I like to watch the landscape. Certainly, I blame this on the level design of the Plains and open worlds in general. Stealing a Dargyn would have been exciting and interesting if we didn't have access to our archwing, probably the favourite and best way to move around the place if so, but it isn't. K-drive was added as its own way to band-aid somehow this issue, but we all roasted it to its decease and when they added Yareli's quest it was like a "You serious" moment from the first SpiderMan movie.

Do I personally have a fix for this? No, although I think adding more riplines around camps could somewhat fix this for those that are close to eachother, other than that, if archwing didn't exist, people most surely would complain about this being one of the biggest issues of OW. I'd love to hear thoughts on this very particular thing (Opinions which aren't "just use archwing", please).

Now that I am done roasting the ever living crap out of the Plains, because they deserver it, we move on to the part where I mention the good aspects, propose fixes, changes or additions so it is not like 99% of the content in the game which is do once-left behind forever/ til one single new thing is added to it so you farm it and leave it again (Narmer bounties).

Cetus / The Plains good things + proposed various things

One of the coolest things the Plains has is Thumpers, "Froggy tank" as my friends call them.
These have been acknowledged by some players as good "field minibosses" and I do agree with that, they are entertained to fight although a bit annoying too. The also give really good rewards, such as exclusive utility mods like Sping-Loaded blade, easier access to Augur Secrets, which seems to have a fairly low drop chance from bounties, or a lot of minerals + fish parts. In general, Thumpers are a heavily rewarding enemy to fight, which makes them good. They also drop the Korrudo blueprint but that weapon sucks so I'll skip on that.

Another of the greatest things of Cetus is the beautiful and extensive caves. My favourite one is the closes to the east-side on the shoreline with that giant ramp to access it, but sadly, there isn't much to be done in there. At times contracts will mark an exterminate objective inside said caves, or perhaps even a cache finding, but more often than not, these go unused and have not much to offer. I wish they were better connected to the inner are of the Plains like on the Orb Vallis but anyways, lets focus on Cetus for now.

There's plenty of great places und Cetus that go underused, such as the stranded Megalodon on the leftern side of the map, but I do admit that at least Cetus makes use of most of it's map unlike Fortuna which normally marks the same 5-6 spots all the damn time.

So, how do we make Cetus better, more entertained for older players who might want to boogie around there, and with a better sense of progression for everyone accross the board?

• First: I'd like contracts to be locked behind local syndicate tier.

For example, a new player to this place should have access to the 5-15 +10-30 Cetus bounties, which I feel is a perfect starting point for anyone new to an open world, be a low mastery Tenno or perhaps a Prestige 2 one. Progressing to the next tier would grant access to the next harder contract, and so on.
    Even though I am aware that bounties are already soft-locked behind mastery rank, lets be honest; what does a MR5 tenno do fighting level 60 Grineer? I think nothing, most surely he'll get killed often. Unless you know, it happens to be a player on his second account type of thing but I'm not taking such curious cases into consideration.

This minor change should provide a better sense of "progression" to everyone and stop us high level players from simply farming the ever living crap out of something from the highest tier bounties on X new planet there might be in the future. Some might argue this is dumb for they already have the "Daily rep cap" thing, but... that's only for quills barters, isn't it?

Nothing else is locked behind the syndicate's ranks besides what we can buy, so locking missions behind how much you're trusted, seems logical to me, let me know if you'd change this and why.

• Second: Certain contracts need changes.

Being stuck doing the same Exterminates/Mobile defences day yes day too really burns out a lot of players, as most of Warframe missions are just mobile defences with different names (Excavations, Hijacks, Defences on places like Uranus...).
    Before I start suggesting new missions, thing which I am sure a lot of users have a lot of ideas for, lets go over what stages need some adjustments:

• "Capture the commander" is simply terrible, moreover if you're entering night cycle. I'd make it so you have to trap him without killing at very least, 4 enemies yourself, stop making NPC kills counts as the player's one. Numbers are up to debate.

• "Defend the marked" area is a complex one, as some zones are fairly easy to defend, and some are horrible. I'd reduce the overall zone extension and adjust the percentage for the extra.

• "Kill the commander" does not spawn enough enemies on the zone a lot of the time. I think adjusting enemy spawn to be considerably higher on the marked zone should do it, but adding an extra 30 seconds to the mission start could do it too.

• "Drone" is painfully slow. Fortuna's drone defense is much better, just saying it could be taken as an example.

• "Resource vault" ones are lame. Camps normally have more than one of these vaults so I think making it an (optionally) multi-task defence would be nice.
      Instead of opening a single vault because "Oh Lotus has identified with her cosmic powers that THAT one has what you want", why not make it so you, the player, can open one of these, and perhaps be lucky and get it done at first try, or if you're feeling brave, take a second data mass and try to hack two of these vaults at the same time? You can pretty much semi-AFK defend a single one so it gets boooooring, might this add a bit of spice to this one mission and make it more active for those who are not still-rear-ends , and also increase how many rewards you sustract from these vaults, thing which I'll talk about later on again for some "extras".

• "Kill the Grineer platoon" suffers from the same problem as "Kill the commander", a tons, and I mean, a ton of red circles may pop out in your minimap with a four man squad, yet barely any enemies might be on those marked areas, if at all, so the fix would be the exact same. In conclusion, just fix the enemy spawn rate, please.

• The rest of missions there are don't really need any changes or major thing done to them that are worth mentioning/listing here, though I know that the caché one is a bit hated by some players for it is "too easy". Strange.

• Third: New missions.

Like I've said, all of us hate the repeteance of doing the same over and over again, and we could really use something new to do, just like how we got Volatile for Railjack, which was quite nice to be honest but again, almost no one plays Railjack because people hates it. (How come I seem to love everything people hates? :P) So, here are a couple ones I've thought of:

• "Kill the VIPs"
      One of those usedless things in Warframe (that kinda pisses me off) are sniper rifles, which seem to be used only for Eidolon hunting. Snistols too.
      I feel like snipers are barely used in the game outside of these, surprisingly even less on large open areas where they should, technically get to shine and be used.

So what if... we get a new mission that appears only on higher tier contracts, lets say "Tier 5" before the Steel Path one, where you have to kill 3 VIPs in a stealthy way?
      First, you need to identify them, not just go there guns blazing with your explosive weapon/Mesa (Which I am sure a lot would) and boom-da-doom the camp.
      Until you've identified them, the game won't put the target mark on these, that way we make those lazy explosive weapon users have to put a bit of effort and attention.
      So you go there, near, but not too near, and use your scope to scoop the zone for these targets and kill them, after identification, a sniper mission of sorts! The modifier for the "extra" should be to kill all VIPs with headshots, but to make this plausible for those who might not be too familiar or friends with snipers, these commanders or VIPs should stop from time to time to talk to other units. It is a quick to do task, otherwise ground units would activate alarms after the first kill has been done and alert the other two targets, that is why you should prioritize identification over elimination, which seems to be done rarely nowadays.

• "Hack comms"
      Most camps have a console with an antenna (well, more like the opposite, an antenna with a console) on them, or more than one (not sure about this). It would be nice, if this was some kind of interception mission, but in miniature, at least while playing on solo. You go to that camp, hack the antenna, and defend yourself from hordes of enemies until you've got the message. In the case of more than one player, it could be done by splitting the squad between various camps around the map so that each goes to hack one of the antennas. Of course if someone doesn't hack the console first, the data streaming won't begin. To make this mission more interesting, it could be made so if more than one player stands in one of the antennas, this one finishes faster, or they can go do each their own. Choices, it is always important to give the player choices.

• "Remember Scarlet Spear/Railjack trailer 2019 sabotage for Lich fight?"
      Me too, just saying.

• Fourth: New rewards worth playing for, and coming back for.

This is, I think, the most important part of the game. If there are no rewards or good content to play for, what's the point of doing so? Narmer bounties were an extremely low blow to all of us once TNW quest was finished, as it seemed that we would be able to use the Drifter on a separate reality to fight the Narmer empire, but it all ended so abruptly I still can't believe it has been the way it has.

Anyways, on Deimos, the animal preservation syndicate offers pets, some of the best in the game as a matter of fact with Vulpaphylas and Predasites.
    What does Master Tensonai offer? Nothing.
    What does Bussiness offer? Nothing.

Animal preservation syndicates should give something for our pets, similar to how our now dead master Tenshin gave us the arcane adapters for our guns, master Tensonai could offer special mods/some sort of upgrades as mentioned on my Pet revision post for our lovely animal companions. Same way, The Bussiness could offer pet arcanes of sorts and the arcanes for thy.
    These special barters should be done with badges from the creatures we trap instead of just Ostron/Solaris rep, as otherwise you'd go there and day one get everything once again, besides it's be boring and not unique.
    Because pets in this game is something that feels, secondary to be objective, it is only fair that to further upgrade them with these mods/arcanes we have to go out of our way to do tasks we wouldn't do otherwise. Do an extra to get an extra, won't take complaints for this one.

In resumen: syndicates need to offer something that makes it worth to invest on them.

I can't really think what a fisherman/mineral's guy should offer as barters outside fo what they currently offer which is purely cosmetic or to go fish even more fish, but to be fair the guy in charge of mining at Fortuna has to be one of the most irrelevant characters of the game, same way Biz does what Master Tensonai + the fisher woman of Cetus does all in one. There's so many little things that add to the "bad" experience of open worlds it is almost impressive.

I think that should do it for my take on Cetus, so moving on to my favourite open world.
I feel like I've touched every aspect I had to touch from the list...

Fortuna / The Orb Vallis

Vast, extense, with a ton of nodes and places to visit, yet the game chooses to send you to the same 6 ubications every single time.
It gets awfully boring, but at least Solaris' contracts are way more entertained and active to do than Ostron's. Same way, the rewards are way better, more useful for interesting setups, and have more uses further on in the game.

Content

Fortuna offers a wider variety of "content".
You have Moas (& Hounds), K-Drives, Kitguns and amps on the "Black market", if we can call Little Duck like that.
Kitguns are amazing, despite their terribly low damage numbers and the aforementioned issues on my little rant on Cetus.
Moas and Hounds are pretty good companions. I wouldn't say they are but as good as Predasites or Vulpaphylas but from what I've discussed with other members, being able to use robotic mods and robotic weapons on a beast~ish pet is seen as... better, and honestly I'll have to agree because ranged weapons are better than melee attacks on companions, they really need an in-depth rework to their AIs, same as lots of enemies.
Fortuna amps are cooler looking and stronger too.

Generally speaking, Fortuna beats Cetus on all aspects when it comes to content, except for the Eidolon hunts which are really entertained and a great thing to do often.

And that's what we're offered with, four modular systems, two of them with the same old issues and inconveniences of crit > status, and in the case of modular pets, lackluster base stats and dumb AI, and then there's K-Drives but I think I've stated my opinion on them well enough.
There's also Ticker who offers Railjack crew, which is great.

So, Fortuna has 4 good vendors:
- Little Duck with amps and cool arcanes/cosmetics
- Rude Zuud with kitguns, which in my opinion need some buffing
- Legs & his Moas, plus some good robotic weapons. For more info on my take on pets you can check the "pets revision" link above in this article.
- Ticker, with the ability to barter resources for badges or buy decorations for your ship, besides the Railjack Crew shop.

Vendors

Same case as Cetus, Fortuna has multiple stores we can buy from various things, but this is the part where I mention those that do not involve arsenal implementations directly, and yes, the mining and fishing tools can technically be considered "arsenal", but moving on:

• Fishing and animal preservation are now a single guy, which is fine I guess.
    He offers floofs, which is magnific, and badges too, besides the usual traps and lures, but nothing special. I really wish animal preservation vendors were more useful.

• Mining is in charge of the least relevant most generic looking Fortuna NPC, Smokefinger. And that's all about him, yeah.
    He offers captura scenes, two glyphs, and the usual mineral refining blueprints. Useless.

• K-Drives are sold by the Ventkids.
    I really don't like K-Drives so I'll skip, as per usual, on this subject.

• Barters & Railjack Crew are on Ticker.
    There isn't much to be said about this to be fair, it is a good system to get badges if RNGesus is not on your side some days, plus the Railjack crew is super useful.
    Elite Crew isn't that much of an improvement but I guess it's there too if we want it.

And that's it for vendors.

Missions & things to do

There's two places to get missions, there's Eudico for the basic ones, and Eudico but in the back shop for the Orb Mother ones (As to be fair you can go fight the Exploiter Orb directly just by going to the correct place without selecting the contract from what I've noticed).

Normal contracts have these missions:

• Find 4 Corpses, and liberate some hostages
  • Single Spy Vault
  • Find airdrops
  • Assassination Objective
  • Supply drop stealing
  • Drone Escort, or basically the coolest mobile defence
  • Kill this type of unit in this place
  • Kill in general
  • Mobile defence on a Credit-shaped vehicle
  • Excavation, not bugged like on Deimos, lucky us.

Mother Orb contracts/heists be like:

• PhaseOne: Go to fish cause some dude is dead, then steal a camp and go for a drone. This one specifically is extremely bad and buggy.
    On a slower device, like my PS4, if you load onto the Vallis and go to the cave the game would normally point when it finishes "processing", it will mark another instead far away.
    Same happens if you finish the fishing phase and go to the camp it would mark next, it will simply mark another, which is infuriating, and lastly, if you go for the drone's spawn point, it will do the same once again. It is simply annoying, and it feels like the drop rate for Strain Eruption or whichever it is, it too low. Speaking from experience, i did over 70 runs in a row and never got it, but guess what, I got it from killing the directors on:

• Phase two: Kill three dummies.
    Three directors spawn on fixated places of a fixated place, so if you have something like a Penta you can speedrun this phase even more than it can already be sped-ran, then you go on to kill two meh Ambulas, steal something and go back to Fortuna. A quick contract to farm certain goodies.

• Phase three: Piss off the spooder.
    Infiltrate by some vents, go in there, do this with a console, do that with another one, then go to shoot the giant enemy spider and collect the data you need, go back to Fortuna and ready for phase four.

• Phase four, the fight itself.
    You fight the Orb mother and get mediocre rewards. It is a cool fight with nice mechanics and stages to it, but the rewards aren't that amazing. It is considered a good credit farm if you go with certain conditions applied, and you can get toroids of the highest tier and some crappy mods, but the contract rewards themselves aren't that impressive either for what might be a tough fight for someone who is doing it for the first time. Once you get the hang of it is is a more or less reliable farm for certain relics.

And that's about it. Now, there are Narmer bounties too, but these are the same as normal contracts with just more damage.

Hopping on to the bugs I've found from playing extensively on the Orb Vallis, and I mean it when I say extensively:

1. Hostage liberation mission can be bugged if you pick the same contract again and this phase's cell lands on the exact same spot as the previous one.
    The crewmen who port the data keys will spawn, but won't drop any of them nor be marked as targets.
    Another rather peculiar bug is that the dropships will go really far away, and by far I mean that if the place is on the Enrichment Labs, the dropships will arrive on the Nuclear reactor near The Pearl, or, where the corpses where, in that small gulf after the rock arc.

A rather funny bug that doesn't need fixing is dropships colliding with eachother, making each bounce to the point they go under the floor and come back again. It's hilarious to watch and doesn't affect the gameplay, luckily.

Small update on this one as I read the just-released patch notes for the 31.0.6 hotfix on my seconds forums tab, Jailers not dropping keys has been succesfully solved :D

2. Single spy vault has a similar issue, but more wide-spreaded. If the chamber is the exact same you hacked, chances are the console will be bugged and you won't be able to hack it at all, doesn't matter what you do.  Another bug is that if the console itself hasn't bugged, the place where it was might be void from all security.

3. Kill X type of unit has a very bad issue of enemy spawn rate being awful, similar to Cetus. 3 enemies might spawn randomly every once in a while, making the contract impossible to complete in time for simply no enemies were there to be killed.

4. Mobile defence has an extremely peculiar bug. It seems that if you capture a camp after being done with your bounty and start a new one, the vehicle you hack on another place of the Vallis won't be targeted nor damaged by the enemies, but you will be able to damage it. Stills, the contract can be completed without issue, which is more or less fine. Interestingly enough, the "defence objective" will appear marked on another place of the map, as an example, I was doing this type of mission near the Orokin Excavation site, one of my favourite places in Fortuna, but the defence objective icon was on the small settlement near Fortuna Elevator to the left, which is the most common place for Coildrives to appear.

Other than that, the rest of contracts have no notorious bugs and work perfectly fine, which is good.

Extras

Fortuna has a unique system of "Base capture" that allows us to use an enemy base as our own to select up to three contracts of the same level with the same rewards but different name and mission order. Once we've completed those, we need to search another camp or the elevator, as the guy who offers them won't give you any others to select on that camp.
You can interact with him, yeah, but his menu will simply be empty.
Funny thing is, you get nothing extra from doing these besides the usual, and while perhaps the contracts running out is a bug, this gave me an idea for something cool.

Same time,  your first daily entry to the Vallis, 3 toroids get hidden on random caves of the place, which honestly it is a fun little detail but ultimately useless and I'm pretty sure , ignored by a lot of players.

Done with mentioning all the bad of the Vallis, and some of the good, it is time for the "Lets make this better" part.

Fortuna / Orb Vallis good things + proposed various things

The concept of kitguns and modular pets is simply fantastic, but the little amount of parts that are relevant to the customization of these, makes the modular system feel not really modular if there is always 1 of the parts that is just better at everything than the rest and makes it not-so worth slotting others. I mentioned an example about this on my Arsenal review 2021 post, on how my first Primary Rattleguts, a Gibber + Macro Arthoid burnt through ammo and barely killed until the new mods and arcanes were implemented.

Yes, when these are stacked the weapon does kill moderatly well, but the problem is starting from the bottom. If you happen to loose said stacks, you'll have a horrible time to build them again, the further yo go on into a mission. On the other hand, my Tremor + Splat Rattleguts simply has superior crit chance and crit damage, which translates to higher damage and easier kills.

And that is one of the problems with kitguns, their base damage and amount of statuses.
If you want to see a small comparative, open the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Lets take a look at similar guns for each chamber:

• Catchmoon VS Plasmor: Built for the max damage parts, Catchmoon has a base damage of 126, 269 on the secondary version.
    Plasmor has 600, and a 60% Tenet Plasmor 1216, almost 10 times more than poor old Catchmoon (Primary) and close to 6 times higher than secondary Catchmoon.
    Catchmoon deals:
    • Impact, labelled as one of the worst damage types in the game and whose only redeemer is the Internal Bleeding mod, but this weapon cannot use it because it is a "shotgun"
    • Heat, which at least is a good damage type, but sadly, this weapon falls short on higher levels due to its lack of damage and damaging capabilities.
    • And nothing else, 2 damage types and low damage make this weapon not strong, but not weak.

• Gaze VS Synapse/Nukor: There are quite some beam weapons in the game, but for Primary Gaze and Secondary Gaze, these are the ones that come the closest.
    Gaze has 37 initial damage, 20 on the secondary version
    Synapse does 20, close to half, and Nukor 22, Kuva Nukor 33, close to 50% more.
    Gaze also happens to have more status chance than Synapse at the cost of slightly less crit damage, so in the case of primaries, Gaze is actually a really good kitgun, if not the best.
    As for secondaries, it cannot compete against the likes of Kuva Nukor, but it is a good secondary too.

• Rattleguts VS Kuva Karak (60% radiation): Built for max damage parts, Rattleguts possesses a total of 37 damage with all IPSs which is good, but sadly more than half of it is radiaton.
    Kuva Karak also has 37 damage and almost the exact amount of radiation, but this possesses much greater status chance while maintaining the rather high crit chance and above average crit multiplier, whereas Rattleguts either has the status, or the crit.
    If built for hybrid, lets say with a more "50/50" mag, like a Thymoid, it also happens to be weaker on crit and status chance. That said, since this is the only kitgun chamber with all of the IPS's, it can gain good damage from Galvanized Aptitude, rendering it a rather good rifle, but even with that, kind of weak because of that high base radiation instance.

• Sporelacer vs nothing, because there's no other weapons that does what this "shotgun" does.
    With all three IPS and toxin at base, this kitgun is good when built for max DPS. There isn't much to be said about it, besides that it feels like some sort of fully auto grenade launcher, and works well that way. Good base damage, good status types, overall great. But you'll need to put plenty of Forma on it for it to be the best it can be.

• Tombfinger VS Komorex: It was quite tough to find something that worked so similarly to p.Tombfinger, but I think the Komorex comes the closest of them all.
    P.Tombfinger has way more damage per direct impact than Komorex, it also has more AoE damage, (a bit hard to tell without my game stats right in front of me as pages like the wiki or Overframe only show the damage per direct hit and that's it) but, it only has impact and radiation to its shots, making it another case like the Catchmoon. Meanwhile, Komorox has all the IPS at its disposal so it has no hard time killing any faction. Tombfinger can deal great damage, however it heavily relies on being equipped with mods that grant some sort of scaling damage type, such as Hunter Munitions for the primary, or Primed Heated charge for the secondary, as I've tried Haemorrage since this weapon has forced impact procs and guess what, it doesn't work for some reason dude.

All in all, secondary Tombfinger is on my top three most liked secondaries alongside the Kuva Seer and Zymos because they are fun, and good, even at pretty high levels!

• Vermisplicer is basically a Gaze 2.0, and the same case as the Sporelacer.
    It has all the IPS too, which is already a massive DPS boost and it has toxin too. Make a crit or a status one, the good thing about guns with IPS is that can be done hybrid, so for example an Arcroid will give fantastic crit chance and status chance, but perhaps more crit less status is still more effective.

In general, Fortuna kitguns such as the Catchmoon or Rattlegut need some adjustements.
Catchmoon deserves its old damage to be given back.

So, what does Fortuna need to be more appealing and make players want to go back it after they've got all their quests and new things from there? (Still pissed about Narmer bounties fiasco)

• 0.5: The same I said on Cetus about the bounties being locked behind local' syndicate rank (this might be seen as biased just because I am on the highest tier on all of them)

• First: Vendors need new exciting things to all of us.

One of the things I'd love for kitguns is to see more chambers.
    It is hard to make more grips to be honest, and we have plenty of loaders but 2-3 are all one needs to make a good gun, the rest are irrelevant and really need some buffs, or perhaps reconsider the damage the chambers do and add IPS to all of them so creating a status based kitgun is worth it on some chambers, instead of having to go all on crit to get the best one.

As for modular pets, I think they are good, excluding the base stats but for this is not the thread about it so if you want to talk about this you know what where to go, but they miss more mods and customization outside of the visual department which is Legs. Like I said for Cetus, it would be nice if Bussiness offered new mods or even pet arcanes to put on your Moas and Hounds, whereas Master Tensonai offered these for Kubrows and Kavats, and then Son for Vulpaphylas and Predasites.

In the case of Ventkids, as much as I despise K-Drives I think their syndicate is perfect as it is and needs no new additions whatsoever (Please, don't)

Smokefinger needs some love though. It would be good if we could buy metal/mineral decorations from his shop as barters for the minerals themselves, then his shop would have an incentive to be visited more than once to buy all the blueprints for the minerals and drills. I am sure a lot of dojo decorators would like some new good looking geodes from him and all miners of the relays. An incentive to go mining finally, or perhaps to perform another task that rewards you with materials...

• Second: Make base captures meaningful, even if you are going to only do 3 contracts on them once and then leave.
    An idea I had was to give the player(s) a resource cache with special rare finds + some more common ones as a reward for completing the 3 bounties little orange dude offers you when you capture a Taxmen base. The rewards of these would be determined by the contract tier that you captured the base on*.
    *Right now if you do a Tier 1 bounty and capture a base, your contracts will be of Tier 1 too, if you do it after a Tier 2, you know what happens. Don't know if it applies with Steel Path too, but I'd like it to.

So, these resource caches would be like a container you open with the interaction button and get unlocked after the contracts have been completed. Among the goodies of these crates, there could be fish parts and minerals, similar to how Thumpers drop these upon kill. It would be a good alternative way to obtain certain resources for those players who might not enjoy going fishing mining, or simply aren't looking for an specific resource, which is much harder to find in the case of mining as this is random.

For years players have suggested to get an endless excavation mode to sustract minerals from the ground not ayatan stars and endo DE, so this should be a good alternative to that.

On the highest tier caches I'd love to put things such as amalgam kitgun part blueprints as a low tier drop, lets say 10%, so players have an incentive besides the materials to go make these higher tier bounties. We are able to mix Solaris and infested parts so I see it working perfectly with Solaris parts at least.
    Given amalgams are partly sentient, perhaps these shouldn't be able to assemble with infested parts. Not that there's many to opt for anyways.

Additional rewards with lower drop chance could be built forma x1/x3, each with lesser drop chance, or Warframe exilus adapter blueprints.
    Maybe for steel Path caches, add Orokin reactor blueprints and Orokin catalyzer bps at, lets say, 3% drop chance. You have to do basically 15 missions in a row, so as a possible reward it seems good and fair to me, as it is not guaranteed. At least it will be better than the 1.31% drop chance of Riven slivers from Railjack defences that substitued umbra Forma blueprints...

For obvious reasons, I won't add rivens to this system.

• Third: Although I've said Fortuna missions feel way more entertained and active than Cetus' , I feel like adding a couple new ones doesn't harm anyone.

• "Sabotage the Ship/Coildrive"
      There's plenty of places where a ship or a coildrive might be stationed. This mission would require you to grab a device from a Solaris drop point, lets say a bomb has been left on a cave or on some bushes type of thing and you need to look for it like for the corpses, take it and then apply it to a coildrive/ship, depending of the location. You can do it on a stealthy way, which would cost less time, or just the default guns blazing which could take slightly longer. Stealth is heavily unrewarded in this game, except for affinity farms, but we have our methods for these.

• "Escort the resources truck"
      So you know this very cool truck at the side of the elevator of Fortuna, right? Well, it should be put to use some day.
      Think of this as a Hijack but you're not stealing the thing, just sit on it and shoot the baddies who try to destroy it. Instead of going from Fortuna to point B, it should go from point B to Fortuna, at a rather fast speed so it is not slow and it can cover. Hopefully this doesn't cause motion sickness to those who get on it, but should be fine if you can use your archwing aswell, right?
      It is a cooler mobile defence. I like Corpus Hijack a lot, mission is short and there's only 1 sadly.

• "Nuclear needs"
      Fortuna has three or four nuclear reactors, one which is still working [Near The Pearl], for some reason, and it was only used, if we can really say we used it, for the quest and nevermore. Lets say Nef Onion has put the rest of these to work again, as seemingly Ballas did something to them with his Narmer ornamentation and stuff for some reason (I'll guess they work, otherwise why bother decorating them?).
      Mixing Volatile and Jupiter-like Sabotage, you'll have to fill a series of canisters from the reactor, and drop these on a marked point for Solaris to retrieve.
      Corpus units will come to try stop this by manually operating the console you activated, and you'll think "Duh, if I don't move from there how they even gonna have a chance" welp, that's where the Volatile part comes in clutch; Say there's something similar to the vents we need to open near the place, these cannot be opened with explosive weapons already so that makes the player forced to aim at least for it to work.
      And that's basically it, you fill a serie of canisters, take the filled ones and drop them somewhere similar to how the Raptor fight works, and boom, there you go.

• "Endless excavation"
      As I've mentioned, players have asked for many years to get sky-open excavations to mine resources, so lets make this a bounty rather than just a mission.
      Rewards would be minerals per excavator finished digging + some extras. A good alternative for mineral farming if you do not possess the time to perform a base capture and do all three bounties of this to get the aforementioned cache.
      I really feel it is important to give people the ability to choose how they do what they want or need to do.

• Fourth: Make use of the whole map.
    One of the things that tires me the most about Fortuna is how you always, circle around this specific area unless you go out of your way to capture an enemy base so contracts happen somewhere else at very least.
    DE was pretty proud when they announced Fortuna to be four times larger than the Plains, yet look at it, we always use less than a 20% of the map to do most of our endeavors.

unknown.png

With all those small changes, I feel Fortuna could become much more entertained and have way more "content" and "progression" to it than what it currently has.

Of course there's the idea of Raids too, can't forget about this.
I created (WIP) one taking place here, in Fortuna, making use of the original Railjack concept* where this would land at a marked location of the world to go outter space, and the Orokin excavation site, where there is a portal and a gate-opener device on one of the Corpus trucks outside of this, you might see where am going.
*Author note: Look at the Orb Vallis map, it feels designed with Railjack in mind,why else would the interplanetary defence tower at the bottom right of the map be there for, or the vastive open areas where you can perfectly call a big ship to land? It is simply perfect for Railjack, and I wish it were expanded with that in mind for the future. It doesn't need to be forced onto players, but it can work!

Raids shall be for another post though, so lets keep on going with our (currently) last Open World:

Deimos / The Cambion Drift

The smallest and fastest of them all to be created, Deimos is, in my opinion, the best open world for it has quite some things to do on it and the missions are super entertained.
Lore and story wise it is also amazing, and we obtain a major addition to our arsenals because of the quest with Necramechs, which are super fun (though very limited in usage)
The landscape is a bit weird and there are some things missing from the original filtrations still, such as the infested Dragon boss fight (Basically the Eidolons of Deimos) but other than that this is also the one open world with the best rewards (or at least that was for Kuva and Endo before Narmer appeared...)

Content

Deimos contains Necramechs and Infested pets, besides some new Warframes and weapons, but so do Fortuna and Cetus.
Necramechs are better vehicles when compared to K-Drives, or at least as its own syndicate I find them much more appealing and good in general.
Mausolon being a free archgun is pretty amazing, as it is basically, after the Kuva Ayanga, the best of its class.

The infested pets are amazing too and really useful, so that's yet another + for the Family. We also gain access to Helminth, which is a pretty controversial system, but I've found it useful as it has helped certain frames with their certain frame problems. Not sure if that is really what those frames needed, but it works I guess.

The infested kitguns are not that memorable. It is true father offers you 6 new parts, but compared to the over 30 of Zuud, this feels... complementary or a mini-update to her kitgun shop rather than just "another kitgun vendor". There is also those special mods for primes which should have been by default their passive or something, but eh, who am I to judge.

Other than that, the rest of things you can buy are purely cosmetics.

As for the content we can obtain from the bounties, be the underground or surface ones, there are the Residual and Theorem arcanes, which have been stated to be useless.
I like them and have made my point on them already on other posts so no need to re-re-reexplain it here, unless someone were to ask for them.
There's also the weapons, and a couple more Necramech mods, but that is it.

Vendors

Deimos has the same issue as Cetus and Fortuna. The vendors in charge of fishing and mining are 1-time (sort of) uses just so you can get the medallions to rank up with the family in case you don't have what Grandma needs to exchange resources for them.

Loid offers necramech stuff, just the basics.

Father offers miscellaneous things, I am surprised he doesn't have anything about necramechs given his enthusiasm for these though.

Grandma also offers misecallaneous stuff, she is the Ticker of Necralisk.

Otak offers nothing. (Sadly, as I love this little fellow)

Daughter offers nothing.

Son does! For once the animal preservation vendor has interesting things to offer the player, and that is great. Although, I have noticed an extremely strange patter on this:
-Cetus has Master Tensonai in charge of animal preservation, he has 0 interesting things to him, and there's no modular pets here.
-Fortuna has Biz in charge of both Fishing and A.P, whereas Legs is in charge of the modular pets.
-Deimos divides Fishing and A.P again into two vendors but merges animal preservation and modular pets.
I wonder what will the next open world do? Mix all three on one? That could be neat.

There really isn't much going on other than that.

Missions & things to do

Deimos missions from bounties are good, but some of them really need to be looked at. Lets go over surface ones first:

• Territorial dispute, a perfectly working version of Cetus' zone control.
    Smaller area, good enemy spawns, and better % threshold for the extra.

• Harvesting; easy to do, but I don't see what's the point of trying to reach for those that are the furthest away/close to the ring, as they give only 1 point. Perhaps if those that appeared at the outskirts gave more points, a well organised team would complete this contract faster and have an actual reason to move before inserting the power cell.

• Garv VS Tenno. I hate this one. Deeply. How come, all the AIs you need to protect in the game feel so utterly useless, and then there's Garv and his squad who can basically instakill lvl 100 infested. It is ridiculous. On a 4-man squad, their killing potential is off the charts, I bet they could clap a Level 5 Lich. Please, give them a resonable adjustement when it comes to lethality, and at the same time, consider them an example for others AIs to follow.

• Lure assassination target. It is cool, that's all, also really easy and fast to do.

• Destroy nests.

• Help Latrox Une, funnily enough one of my deceases Sisters of Parvos was called Malia Une, might not want to talk to Latrox about this...

• Excavation sucks on Deimos. Lets take a look at why does it do:
    1 player, two excavators, each spawns only after the first is finished.
    2 players, three excavators, same as before.
    3 players, three excavators.
    4 players, four excavators.
    I think my point here it clearly seen.

• Cache recovery, but it is 1 instead of three and it is protected, so more or less the same.

As for the undergrouns bounties, outside of the fixated scheme of Open door > kill infested > kill necramech > (Optionally) Open the vault, we have:

• Protect the juggie, then kill it.
  • Seal the cracking.
  • Charge a sack to throw it to infested and kill them.
  • All the ones from surface except Latrox & Garv are here too.

Extras

While Deimos makes use of almost then entirity of its map thanks to being smaller, I am still wondering what's up with the Cerebrum Magna.
I sometimes go near it and I feel it is, making sounds as if it were a living creature. Spooky.

Deimos feels a bit unfinished still, hope it gets more content in the future.

At the same time, I feel like Deimos is the only planet who doesn't need more additions or fixes as of now, so I won't make a "how to fix Deimos" section, for I feel Deimos is great already.

Overall opinion and personal conceptual WIP

Like I stated at the beggining of the post, I love open worlds.
They have so much to explore, so many breathtaking places to visit, so many cool people to meet and that add to the game's story, as complex as it might be.
I see the potential open worlds have, but DE needs to put more effort on this if they truly want them to succeed.

One of the main problems I have seen in Warframe, is that a lot of the content has little replayability.
You just do it once, or til you're max rank with whatever there might be/get what you want, and just leave it gather dust, like Grandma says, and in the case of open worlds, this is such a pity. I've mentioned a couple times through this article how The New War made it seem like these were getting an expansion, and I was really happy about this, but the truth is, they got nothing.

Narmer are but a bunch of lost brainwashed Corpus/Grineer scattered around the Plains and the Vallis with no purpose or reason.
They don't feel like an empire, they don't have leaders capable of assuming a leadership, they are just, grunts, grunts, and more grunts. Meaningless enemies with minor visual changes.
All in all, I comprehend why some people said that the later stages of the quest felt rushed, as much as I have loved TNW, I cannot deny these flaws now that I am seeing things from a different perspective that isn't the hype and the emotion of finishing such a beautiful adventure.

Bearing that in mind, I repeat what I said; it seems like I fall in love with what people hates, Railjack & Open Worlds, so I would like to show two I'm working on, for others to view and see their opinion, however, I haven't created a visual map for either of both these worlds yet (yes I plan on drawing some concepts), but this isn't the place for me to post that.

I will talk about them another day on the Fanart section, but just as a minimal sneak peak, I share their names: Permafrost & The Valley

As per usual thanks for reading til this point and I'm eager to hear your opinions.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

their current state is rather abysmal and disappointing to players, be new ones, or "veterans".

Really ?

I was under The Impression that most players like them... 👀

Mobile defense with actual moving objective, at a painfully slow speed. [This one would do itself if it wasn't because you need to be in range of the dorne for this one to move]

I believe it's 35 Meters...

K-drive was added as its own way to band-aid somehow this issue, but we all roasted it to its decease and when they added Yareli's quest it was like a "You serious" moment from the first SpiderMan movie.

Jay Jonah Jameson.... Classic 😎

seriously-laugh.gif

•  
  • "Defend the marked" area is a complex one, as some zones are fairly easy to defend, and some are horrible. I'd reduce the overall zone extension and adjust the percentage for the extra.

I doubt this will Fix it....

Haven't you noticed the Difference Between Cetus Liberation and Deimos Liberation ?

In Deimos... The Percentage only Drops if enemies Enter the Liberation Zone....

In Cetus... It Drops by Default.... It's Literally always Dropping And I know for a Fact it's not because Enemies are actually Occupying the Area.... You can Legit Kill Every Single thing and confirm that's the case with Max Enenmy Radar Mods and the Percentage will Still Drop regardless....

Simply put... Deimos Liberation is more like Interception but Cetus Liberation is more like Survival with Terrible Spawns... The enemies themselves are the "Life Support"....

•  
  • "Kill the commander" does not spawn enough enemies on the zone a lot of the time. I think adjusting enemy spawn to be considerably higher on the marked zone should do it, but adding an extra 30 seconds to the mission start could do it too.

My guess is they would choose The Latter... It's less work and fits within their "Waste as Much time As Possible" Design Philosophy.... Two Birds... One stone.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

•  
  • "Drone" is painfully slow. Fortuna's drone defense is much better, just saying it could be taken as an example.

They both Suck to be Honest....

Konzu and Eudico should baby sit their own Drones....

The rest of missions there are don't really need any changes or major thing done to them that are worth mentioning/listing here, though I know that the caché one is a bit hated by some players for it is "too easy". Strange.

What.... No Deleting Eidolon Hunts ? 🤔 Come on man.... You know these things have to go.... They are Toxic....

This is, I think, the most important part of the game. If there are no rewards or good content to play for, what's the point of doing so?

The sheer fun of it ?

I know this a difficult Concept To Grasp for people who play Any Free To Play Grind Fest but it is a thing that exists..... in other games....😝

Animal preservation syndicates should give something for our pets, similar to how our now dead master Tenshin gave us the arcane adapters for our guns

You can't Say That Here !!! 😰😱

8 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

The concept of kitguns and modular pets is simply fantastic, but the little amount of parts that are relevant to the customization of these, makes the modular system feel not really modular if there is always 1 of the parts that is just better at everything than the rest and makes it not-so worth slotting others.

It's pretty much just "Splat or you're doing it Wrong"....Killstream has a nice Reload Animation 👍.....

•  
    So you know this very cool truck at the side of the elevator of Fortuna, right? Well, it should be put to use some day.
    Think of this as a Hijack but you're not stealing the thing, just sit on it and shoot the baddies who try to destroy it. Instead of going from Fortuna to point B, it should go from point B to Fortuna, at a rather fast speed so it is not slow and it can cover. Hopefully this doesn't cause motion sickness to those who get on it, but should be fine if you can use your archwing aswell, right?
    It is a cooler mobile defence. I like Corpus Hijack a lot, mission is short and there's only 1 sadly

Really.... Another Escort Mission.... It's like you want people to hate this Activity which is funny because you yourself were Bashing Drone Escort not too long ago 🤔

There's no such thing as a "Cooler Mobile Defense".... All Baby Sitting Missions Of Every type Suck.... Quite Frankly Warframe relies on them Far too much far too Often..... Half of The Bounty Mission Types are Baby Sitting Missions...

One of the things that tires me the most about Fortuna is how you always, circle around this specific area unless you go out of your way to capture an enemy base so contracts happen somewhere else at very least.
    DE was pretty proud when they announced Fortuna to be four times larger than the Plains, yet look at it, we always use less than a 20% of the map to do most of our endeavors.

unknown.png

Every Game Developer Makes this Mistake...or rather they intensionally do it because it sounds good on paper to most players... They think they want Bigger maps with more Junk to pick up.... Hence even if Developers know better they can't pitch anything small that's going to make these World's sound Appealing compared to "ITS 10 TIMES BIGGER THAN SKYRIM, PANDORA & TOUSSAINT COMBINED!!!"  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ My guess is things are going to be like this for a while....

Necramechs, which are super fun

Firm Disagree 🤨....

and there are some things missing from the original filtrations still, such as the infested Dragon boss fight (Basically the Eidolons of Deimos)

And Hopefully they stay missing.... 

Eidolons Suck....

There is also those special mods for primes which should have been by default their passive or something, but eh, who am I to judge.

You do realise we have Mod Real Estate Problem right ? 🤨

Ofcourse these things should have been passives.... I insist that you judge them as Such.... 👀

Garv VS Tenno. I hate this one. Deeply. How come, all the AIs you need to protect in the game feel so utterly useless, and then there's Garv and his squad who can basically instakill lvl 100 infested. It is ridiculous. On a 4-man squad, their killing potential is off the charts, I bet they could clap a Level 5 Lich. Please, give them a resonable adjustement when it comes to lethality, and at the same time, consider them an example for others AIs to follow.

This Bounty Stage Proves DE just likes watching us Suffer...

kill necramech

Yeah I forgot about these things... Delete Them Too.... I mean I basically Delete them Already with The Arquebex so DE may aswell just remove them permanently.... 

hace 8 horas, UilliamNebel dijo:

Don't agree with some things.

Would love to hear your different takes.

hace 1 hora, Lutesque dijo:

"I believe it's 35 Meters..."
I think it is 50-45m

I doubt this will fix it, haven't you noticed the Difference Between Cetus Liberation and Deimos Liberation?
Well yes but actually no. On Deimos the area to defend considerably smaller and like I said I had no issue defending zones on Cetus except for a couple zones like the Ostwan Range.

"My guess is they would choose the latter"
I'm down for that. If they cannot fix their spaghetti code, at least we'll have enough time to perform the thing correctly.

"They both suck to be honest"
Mobile defence + Exterminate VS Mobile defence that can only be sped up with certain frames, if not just 3. Elytron kinda good
600 meters dude, it is pain, don't even dare compare both.

"No Deleting Eidolon Hunts ? 🤔 Come on man.... you know these things have to go"
No, they are fun and challenging, also I am finally starting to get good at soloing them :d
The toxic ones are the players, not the Eidolons themselves.

"The sheer fun of it?"
I think you answered yourself the why I didn't mention "fun" as part of it.

"Really, another escort mission, it's like you want people to hate this activity which is funny because you yourself were bashing Drone Escort not too long ago 🤔"
Maybe I'm dumb but I love Corpus Hijack on Europe vs any other mobile defence, I guess it is because you actually are moving and not just stay on X zone for Y time.
Like come on, who wouldn't like to sit on a truck and shoot ships while this one races to a safe point? (I'm sure a lot won't)
And yeah, I hate drone escort, mostly because the pace of the drone is uneven to the one of warframes even while jogging, whereas a truck you can just, s i t.

"Firm Disagree 🤨"
It does seem like you do not quite like Necramechs so I'll make sure to make them a bigger part of my future ideas LOL
Just kidding, but I really like them and see how they could have more applications.

Thanks for your time to read thru this.

VEHICLES

RAILJACK = Railjack Missions w/ Landing Craft as Escort Fighters. Add in an upgraded version of the Archwing to mimic Nier: Automata's No.229 Flight Unit. So long as the Warframe is using the Railjack, make this an Exoskeleton that is omnipresent until the player leaves the Railjack Missions with a toggleable Flight/Assault mode.

NECRAMECHS = Necramechs need to be turned into an alternative Warframe, replaced by an Orokin Wanzer (FM4), and removed from Railjack Missions. At the very least, they should operate as low-tier Specters when not in use; it doesn't make sense to have it replace a Warframe, unless the Necramech doesn't need Oxygen in Survival... lol

K-DRIVES = K-Drives could be moved to a Tony Hawk-Style Arena Game Mode, and introduce on-rails Chase / Escape / Race Missions using the K-Drive; these would be isolated missions for some kind of thrill-seeking Syndicates that offer cosmetics, and various K-Drives; remove them from the Open Worlds, unless they instance to actual Racetracks. Eventually these missions should be expanded to include Hover Vehicles with fast-paced Hijack Missions (No Shield Draining Involved).

GAMEPLAY

TUTORIAL: If the Tutorial is engaged, then let the player play a Tutorial Mission as a Grineer Boi, and have him be apart of the team that discovers the Tenno; I see no problem here, as DE wants a Grineer Class of some kind added anyway... New War.

BOUNTIES: 1 Bounty = 1 Location = 1 Mission, and Multiple Bounties can be accepted simultaneously, but must be completed in order. Type 1: Elimination (Kill the Grineer Patrols, and Clear the Area) > Type 2: Assassinate (Kill the Grineer Captain) > Type 3: Spy (Steal the Grineer Secrets) > Type 4: Sabotage (Destroy the Grineer Base) > Type 5: Invasion (Orbital Invasion by Grineer with a Captain every 5 minutes, such as a Vor-clone).

FISHING & HUNTING: Fuse these two, and introduce a food system that provides minor resource boosters, or resistances like every game is doing... even add in some stupid breeding minigame to replace the current random genetic modifier; don't replace it. Use it to craft Animals with "Prints," then use those printed animals to breed other types in a sort of Digimon World 2, or Pokemon Daycare Center way... this would add actual purpose, and justify the silly wait times this game is known for.

MINING: Mining should be in these stages; Stage 1 = Hand Mining (A single Plasma Cutter), Stage 2 = Sabotage (Destroy the Corpus Mining Operation, and Steal their Haul), Stage 3 = Hijack (Steal the Corpus Mineral Transport), Stage 4 = Excavation (Hijack the Corpus Mining Operation), Stage 5 = Excavation (Endless Mining Mode). The Rewards will scale based on success, but essentially Minerals will be rewarded in higher volumes.

DOJO: As the Railjack is mandatory, fuse the Trading Hub with the Hangar.

OPEN WORLD

SOCIAL HUBS: Cetus specifically feels detached from the World, in a bad way. The Drifter's Camp should be accessible by simply walking a trail from Cetus, and the "Open World" needs to be chopped up into sections, and placed around Cetus itself. Why can't I fish on the shores of Cetus?

ASSASSINATION MISSIONS: With the introduction of the Drifter, I would like to see the Drifter gameplay expanded to allow a Grineer Kit, or Corpus Kit, and better stealth mechanics to allow for the Drifter to infiltrate these areas. If successful, this mission ends as either a Sabotage (Kill Loudly), or Assassination (Kill Quietly)... if unsuccessful, then it's business as usual for the Tenno. There will be no failing this, or mandatory play style, I just think that succeeding quietly should reward with Corpus Syndicate Points if it's against the Grineer, or Grineer Syndicate Points if it's against the Corpus while failing to do so will just receive no Reputation gain.

SYNDICATES: Add in a Corpus & Grineer Syndicate. We already fight on their behalf for lousy rewards.

REWARDS: Do not make this as complicated as the other Syndicates. Keep it simple. Corpus give Crowns, and Grineer give Merits. You can trade your Crowns, or Merits, for Corpus & Grineer Specters while also using them to purchase Grineer and Corpus Gear for the Drifter (Weapons, Armors, Cosmetics); make the Crowns, and Merits, only rewarded through working for either faction with dedication met with "Climbing the Corporate Ladder," or "Ranking Up," rather than having arbitrary "Reputation." The reward for siding with one diligently? (Necramech) Corpus: Proto-Jackal / Grineer: Proto-Vay Hek Armor

ENEMY SPAWNING ISSUES: Give Field Commanders the ability to call in reinforcements at 30 second intervals, with the Red Alert Spikes themselves forcibly spawning a Field Commander every minute without removing, or altering, any of the current spawning mechanics. This way, it can compensate for the spawning issues.

CONCLUSION

I'm just giving out ideas after reading this, and if you like it, please share it around. It took me quite a few hours to amend this to make it simpler than it was, and I don't know how to navigate the forums like the great people here. I hope I helped at all. :)

hace 1 hora, rainexxx dijo:

You've got a barrage of ideas there, so lets start judging them:

Vehicles
I see you also have, perhaps I am mistaken, a shared liking for Railjack, but here are a couple issues with your proposed idea

• Landing crafts do not possess weapons on their own, not really have the space to fit them, or the tech even.
    It is true some of them have aerial support, the Scimitar having carpet bombing if am not mistaken, but this is weak, and ultimately Landing Craft support is a very unused and unpopular thing, moreover since they became swap-able between ships.

• Archwing is content widely despised. Barely a % of players like it.
    While taking inspiration from other games is always good, at least til you start simply copying, the proposed archwing upgrade to another thing is, unnecessary. Simply reworking arching abilities to be useful and boosting the base stats would do the trick for this.

In the case of Necramechs, I feel like they are already their own "frames". They are nicely implemented on Railjack, but still need quite some adjustements so they have a reason to be used outside of just wanting to, which sounds kinda hypocrite coming from me who has stated that players should have the chance to make choices on how they prefer to do things...

K-Drives is such a weird topic that I prefer it remains as it is, forgotten.

Gameplay
But, tutorial of what exactly. You mean the starter tutorial I guess? What would be the point? I comprehend that playing as Kahl during TNW was fun, and people argues whether or not we will get more content like this in the future, but then, isn't Kahl the perfect tutorial for this already?

Bounties seems like an interesting concept, but perhaps too complex and could bug the game (as per usual), and given the reputation of Open Worlds, I prefer to save them from another - being thrown in the pile of content players prefer not to play because it is awfully bugged or boring - moment.

Regarding a mixture of animal preservation and fishing, we have Biz being the best example and I think he works the best out of all the vendors in charge of these activities. That said, a Warframe doesn't have a mouth, it is kinda mean from your edge to suggest they try to eat something. Only Grendel would be able to. Perhaps make it for the Tenno so they have higher health and sprint speed in small doses?

Your mining suggestion sounds ever so slightly similar to my concepts of allowing the player to play an endless excavation like on Deimos but that rewards mineral, or the caches from base-capturing. Could be good missions to add to bounties, stage 2 and 3 that is.

Dojo quote is already there? You can just put a trading post on the Dry Dock and easy peasy.

Open world(s?)
Right, I wish Social Hubs were also more "attached" to the world, but ummm, Cetus has a particular issue that the Cetus you see from the Plains if you get close to the doors, isn't that similar to the actual one behind those. A minor visual detail but eh.

Afff... Drifter's camp, yeah... You see, this has a major issue. The drifter's camp is on the forests of Earth, whereas the Social Hub of Cetus is on a much more arid region, so unless you have a space-time-biome bending machine, I hardly see how these two could be as close as to just walk from your campsite to Ostron's lair.

I like your idea of the assassination missions, but I oppose to the creation of even more syndicates, moreover if they are Corpus or Grineer. They are our enemies and we only deal with them if it is necessary, hence why the rewards are sent by mail and not given at hand, unlike the rest of syndicates of rebel Grineer/Corpus (Steel Meridian & Perrin Sequence).

Don't really see how this last bit correlates to Open worlds, even if it is Drifter-Open World related, which reading again over it, seem like two separate things more than one.

Conclusion
Don't worry if your ideas are too complex to explain so you feel the need of .zip~ing them so people can read through it without becoming uncanny.
It is better (imo) that you explain something in depth and well even if it is long, hence why posts use to be so extensive, than making it compressed for the public.
Of course with some touches here and there from the gathered feedback, this can always get narrower and look better for everyone.

That said, I cannot agree with most of your proposed ideas for what I've stated above, hope you comprehend.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Mobile defence + Exterminate VS Mobile defence that can only be sped up with certain frames, if not just 3. Elytron kinda good

I still think they Both Suck....

After all... You said it yourself.... The Spawns are Terrible.... Both of them are going to drag on....

No, they are fun and challenging, also I am finally starting to get good at soloing them :d

No The Three Stooges are Definitely Toxic.... 

1) Tanky Shields....

2) Knockdown City....

3) Adds.... Adds Every where....

4) Ability Immunity....

5) Status Immunity....

6) Special Effects Over Load.... Destroyer of Retinas... 

7) Excessively Large Attacks.... No Really.... What other AoE is large enough to kill you when you are in an entirely Difference Camp ? 👀

Eidolons are just as Toxic as Acolytes.....

Maybe I'm dumb but I love Corpus Hijack on Europe vs any other mobile defence, I guess it is because you actually are moving and not just stay on X zone for Y time.
Like come on, who wouldn't like to sit on a truck and shoot ships while this one races to a safe point? (I'm sure a lot won't)
And yeah, I hate drone escort, mostly because the pace of the drone is uneven to the one of warframes even while jogging, whereas a truck you can just, s i t.

I just hate Baby Sitting things....

hace 1 minuto, Lutesque dijo:

You said it yourself.... The Spawns are Terrible

On exterminate tasks, but luckily not for the Vallis-drone phase, that's another plus for it.

hace 1 minuto, Lutesque dijo:

No The Three Stooges are Definitely Toxic.... 

1) Tanky Shields
1.1) Just get a good amp and choose the right focus school? Sounds more of a you problem than anything else, cause I see plenty of good hunters out there 1-bopping shiedls, and even me on solo (who is learning bit by bit) don't take more than what, 10 seconds to down its shield with the only damage buff being an Electric shield.

2) Knockdown City
2.1) have you tried jumping, rolling in time, quickly jumping onto Necramech or even entering operator + crouching? There are many way of evading it!
Solves this issue like, 238% of the times for me, though I might get knocked down from time to time as I don't run Primed Sure footed on my Volt, should start forma-ing him.

3) Adds.... Adds everywhere...
Um... yes.
What?
No seriously what the f-

4) Ability Immunity...
If all enemies in warframe could be affected by abilities... Bringing Gloom or Cataclysm to hunts would be absurd. And hunts are already absurd depending on player skill level.
Absurd tough if you are new to them/negated to step out of your comfort zone to try something challenging, absurdly fast n ez if you are a pro.

5) Status Immunity...
They are sentients. I'm already concerned with how weak they are now at lvl 100 to even ask for more softening. Seriously, on Anomalies the Vomvalysts are the only tough enemy remaining because of their stupid high HP that can only be affected by amps. Not that these are recurrent enemies of your everyday missions so I think it isn't that bad.

6) Special Effects Over Load.... Destroyer of Retinas...
Ever tried low particle settings? I do, because most of the effects on Warframe are exxagerated particle counts that serve no purpose so might aswell allow myself to see by not being dumb and turning the right thing down.

7) Excessively Large Attacks... No Really... What other AoE is large enough to kill you when you are in an entirely Difference Camp ?👀
Never happened, unless the Eidolon is going near a camp IDK how this has even happened to you, if it even has. Surely wasn't something else?
Got proof or something at least to back that up?

Eidolons are just as Toxic as Acolytes
Acolytes are cringe and get killed easily. Not what they used to be.

hace 11 minutos, Lutesque dijo:

I just hate Baby Sitting things....

Do you like playing public matches/ carrying a pet with you? Just, out of curiosity, because you can consider everything that isn't you baby-sittable if you think hard enough about it. And that isn't the case, right? I still defend my right to sit on a truck and shoot bad guys at high speeds.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Actually, if feasible, should meet up in game. Would be interesting to be walked through the way you see a lot of the points on the various missions firsthand. Should see if you can get a group together, to do it, maybe stream it over a few series to offer a 'definitive take' of sorts that a dev can look at, if they would choose to, and distill actionable, possible changes out of it for the better.

I can't really offer my own observations here at the moment, because of reasons though.

Didn't read all of it but I do agree, open worlds could use some touch ups. To me

The hijackable vehicles are still severely underwhelming, it would be dope if the vehicles were super powerful till they run out of ammo. Imagine grabbing one of the dargyns on POE and it had an auto target feature like Mesa, and it's just annihilating everything in sight. Be far more useful in steelpath (or levels above your power level) making it exciting to find.

Bounties do suck for that travel distance, I agree with you lol. I think I'd like bounties more if they simply had you completing different objectives at a single camp to take over the camp. First get their, clear out all the enemies, find their loot containers and defend them while they're being hacked open (maybe takes a minute). Sometimes a mini boss drops in for you to assassinate for additional rewards. Those other bounties (capture, rescue, escort) should be random optional side objectives that you may run into when simply moving around on the plains

Your sniper idea I love! Makes a whole lot of sense, this is definitely another side objective that I'd take. Like you stumble across a camp with some vip units, and need to take them out quietly so they won't run away. Bag in some sweet rep

Exploration definitely could use some changes too. Specifically with vehicles and enemy squads carrying loot. I feel like you should bump into these things every 1 to 2 minutes while you're hunting for places to mine or kicking enemies out of their camps, and they should hold cool rewards. Vehicles as I said before, arm them with powerful weapons, and Enemies with beautiful drops

Will see. DE has a lot to do right now, hopefully it's focusing more on improvements because at the moment, I'm seeing most (if not all) people asking for reworks over new content 

hace 44 minutos, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim dijo:

Didn't read all of it

Sadly. It really is hard for me not to make posts that people simply goes over and thinks "Yep, am not reading all that but I like what I'm seeing".
Not easy to compress further so many points.

"The hijackable vehicles are still severely underwhelming"
To the very point that there's only, one in three open worlds. No I won't consider giant mosquito-kdrives as one.
This is also somenthing I have against Ramplak (how the hell are they called) turrets scattered around grineers bases.
They are fun to use, though rather weak when it is you, the player, using them, and got used ONCE in their 6-7 years of existance for TNW quest in an effective manor, but just for one moment, of one of the phases of the quest, which is, yet another kick in you underparts of things we've been asking for years. Or at least the rest of the community as I didn't get to the forums as of recently this past year on September (don't let the 2018 of my profile fool you).

"Bounties do suck for that travel distance"
My personal issue is how boring and repetitive traveling gets, not really the distance.
Archwing is boring, K-drive is boring and utterly annoying, but the rest is just too slow to do.

"Your sniper idea I love!"
I am surprised for the best then, expected to get roasted by the typical people who have +9k messages on the forums with the classic "akchually, if zniperz aren't uzed it'z for zomething", but I'm glad to hear that, at least, you liked it. I've found myself using Latron Wraith a bit yesterday to try if the new galvanized and arcanes made this weapon any good for the Plains with my Scout Protea setup, and to my very surprise, it is pretty brute. So then I went for the Latron Prime and repeat, and turns out it is amazing! will need to put a couple Forma on it + the weapon adapter so I can have 100% recoil reduction with Arcane deadhead + Stabilizer.

"Exploration definitely could use some changes too. Specifically with vehicles and enemy squads carrying loot."
You've just given me a wonderful idea. It would be nice if, at certain times of the day, convoys with high tier resources were being transported, at least in the case of Fortuna as for Cetus I see it a bit hard to naviagate with a rover, call back to when they shown that vehicle on the plains during a Devstream, but anyways, going back to the main point, these would be nice to perform as Open world raids/special missions you can do once in a while.

Thanks for the output :)

3 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

1.1) Just get a good amp and choose the right focus school? 

See.... You just exemplified why these Enemies Suck.... 

Why am I locked into exactly One Amp Combo and One Focus School just to deal Decent Damage ? Why aren't there more Options that are just as Good ? 🤔

FYI I hunt with Madurai using a 2-7-7 With Virtuos Shadow fired through Volt Shields after Proccing the Arcane by Dashing at the Head.... What more do you want from me ? 😭

Sounds more of a you problem than anything else, cause I see plenty of good hunters out there 1-bopping shiedls, and even me on solo (who is learning bit by bit) don't take more than what, 10 seconds to down its shield with the only damage buff being an Electric shield.

6052wq.jpg

You're not factoring the time Spent Charging Void Strike.... And that's a big part of the Process....

I'm pretty sure it isn't 10 Seconds if you Factor that in....

2.1) have you tried jumping, rolling in time, quickly jumping onto Necramech or even entering operator + crouching?

You can't Jump if you're in Void Mode....

Also you can't do Anything if you're Reviving allies....

Um... yes.
What?
No seriously what the f-

Additional Enemies....

The "I want to make a Boss Harder but I don't know how" Last Resort of Any Boss Design.

If all enemies in warframe could be affected by abilities... Bringing Gloom or Cataclysm to hunts would be absurd.

Don't Care... I want to lift these Jerks In my Bastille and Immobilize with My Tesla's and then Collapse them in my Vortex... Death is too good for them.... I want them to Suffer like I suffered 😈 !!!

And hunts are already absurd depending on player skill level.

Skill has little to do with it....

It's all about Gear... 

Absurd tough if you are new to them/negated to step out of your comfort zone to try something challenging, absurdly fast n ez if you are a pro.

Jeez... Brag Much... 🙄

They are sentients. I'm already concerned with how weak they are now at lvl 100 to even ask for more softening. Seriously, on Anomalies the Vomvalysts are the only tough enemy remaining because of their stupid high HP that can only be affected by amps. 

Then Wear Dragon Keys.... This will allow you gimp yourself without having to Remove your Mods or use Rubbish Equipment....

Not that these are recurrent enemies of your everyday missions so I think it isn't that bad.

Good For You... 👍

What about what other People Think ? 🤔

Ever tried low particle settings? I do, because most of the effects on Warframe are exxagerated particle counts that serve no purpose so might aswell allow myself to see by not being dumb and turning the right thing down.

I do aswell... Every Seasoned Hunter not only Adjusts their Settings but also uses Dark Energy Colours aswell....

And yet....it's still way to God Damn Much 😭...

Never happened, unless the Eidolon is going near a camp IDK how this has even happened to you, if it even has. Surely wasn't something else?
Got proof or something at least to back that up?

No Proof... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

...we had just Summoned Harry and in the middle of taking him Down we Lost a Lure.... Trinity needed to Stay there to stop the Jerk from Teleporting away so I had to fly off and grab the Lure that's just to The Right of when you just enter the plains.... I Hack The Lure... Get on my Archwing... And Harry's Sky Orbs Burst instantly Killing me from Miles Away....

Like... Imagine Loki's Radial Disarm Max Range but 3 Times Larger and Deals 10000 Times more Damage.... That's the level Of Broken you are defending here..... 👀

8) Yes... I'm adding another to The List.... Time Gates.... 

9) I am rejecting your Claim that it's not the Eidolon that are Toxic.... It's the Community.... Simply put... The Community's Toxicity is a Direct Result of the way Eidolon Hunts are Designed and I am pinning that Behavior On DE....

When you make a Time Gated Grind, That Locks out so many Options and Forces everyone into a Boring Meta thats so bad that people just avoid Public Avoid Groups on general Principle then ofcourse you will see the worst in Humanity.... They Cultivated That Environment....

I suppose you just don't think they are Toxic because you've decided to seal yourself in a Vacuum where you don't have to deal with the Same Reality the everybody else does...... And you know... I don't like what I'm about to say anymore than you are but if that's the case then your Feedback on the Hunts is useless.... You've cut yourself off from the Reality of the situation.... So this is the result of your Choice.... Sorry....

Do you like playing public matches/ carrying a pet with you? Just, out of curiosity, because you can consider everything that isn't you baby-sittable if you think hard enough about it. And that isn't the case, right?

Wrong.... It's All Baby Sitting....

This isn't just my own Oppinion people vehemently Despise how Squishy Companions are... So much so it's the main reason they made the Switch to Vulpaphylas....

1 hour ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Not easy to compress further so many points

I think you could have....

Or at the very least you could break them into Multiple Threads the DE's Convenience....

If you really want your Feedback to be Read...consider it....

hace 2 horas, Lutesque dijo:

See.... You just exemplified why these Enemies Suck....

Any amp can do the work, just that some can do better or faster, same way you can bring any weapon to any mission, but certain ones are more effective.
It is not the enemie's fault if your weapon isn't good.

That said, we are comparing people capable of doing 6x3 vs... you.
And me.
Which seems a rather uneven comparasion.

You're not factoring the time Spent Charging Void Strike

Because I don't use it.
I just, shoot through my shield in solo til his shields are gone, then bop its limb.

You can't Jump if you're in Void Mode....

Also you can't do Anything if you're Reviving allies

-I didn't say you could.
-So you are babysitting people then?

Additional Enemies....

The "I want to make a Boss Harder but I don't know how" Last Resort of Any Boss Design.

Please tell me you are not talking about Vomvalysts because their damage is merely noticeable, and the Grineer, more often than not, are far away from Eidolon's pathing, which passes not even close to most camps, even if enemies have a way larger detection radious here on the Plains.

Jeez... Brag Much... 🙄

I am talking about others, not me, so not quite bragging about anything here, if it's not my own achivement.

Then Wear Dragon Keys.... This will allow you gimp yourself without having to Remove your Mods or use Rubbish Equipment....

480-4809425_oh-god-why-meme-png-download

Harry

I will guess Harry is an Hydrolyst, in which case, I agree that his attack range is painfully large, but honestly if you could just keep enough distance between you and him to kill both shields and limbs while someone else, lets say a Limbo, Wisp or a Rhino, carries the lures around him, what would be the challenge of this. Aiming at a giant enemy?

8) Yes... I'm adding another to The List.... Time Gates....

Time gates are not that bad or wrong. I could make an entire argument regarding why they are fine but I'll just say that if all boosfights were throwing the boss directly at your face with  the only requirement to defeat it be shoot to death, what difference would be with an Hydrolist and The Sergeant?

9) I am rejecting your Claim that it's not the Eidolon that are Toxic.... It's the Community.... Simply put... The Community's Toxicity is a Direct Result of the way Eidolon Hunts are Designed and I am pinning that Behavior On DE....

When you make a Time Gated Grind, That Locks out so many Options and Forces everyone into a Boring Meta thats so bad that people just avoid Public Avoid Groups on general Principle then ofcourse you will see the worst in Humanity.... They Cultivated That Environment....

I suppose you just don't think they are Toxic because you've decided to seal yourself in a Vacuum where you don't have to deal with the Same Reality the everybody else does...... And you know... I don't like what I'm about to say anymore than you are but if that's the case then your Feedback on the Hunts is useless.... You've cut yourself off from the Reality of the situation.... So this is the result of your Choice.... Sorry....

So if people become toxic by playing a game, it is the game's fault and not the real life parenting + education they've received, which might have a little bit to do, just a little bit, with how they take things in life. Then, the game needs to adapt to their very specific needs instead of them to it.
If the players who get triggered by this content are same the ones to cultivate said toxic environment like you say, it is once again their fault for being toxic, not the game's for being hard.

Lets take a look at another game and it's community: Dark Souls, a game which I am sure is way harder than Eidolon Hunts, and that you know about.
Is people toxic there because they chose to play something hard, that they knew beforehand was hard to play?
I got a feeling that the answer is no, moreover considering I talk from experience as someone who has certain roots to the Soulslike fanbase.

Second, it is not a grind if you do not choose it to be.
To quote someone, for example, about getting Lich/Sister weapons, I think it might have been BiancaRoughfin, cannot verify as I can't find the post to directly take the snippet;
"you are complaining about something you chose to do on your own, they are merely collectibles with no impact on your game"

This is yet another magnific example of content you do because you want to, and nothing else.
There is no forcing, no requirement for an adventure, nothing that forces the player to "grind" Eidolon hunts. Only arcanes.
And guess what, you also have Orphix to farm those if you do not like Hunts (though Orphix is simply horrible) or you can buy them from other players.

You can go, and hunt one Eidolon, or two, or even three.
Or go kill an Eidolon if you do not want to complicate yourself.
"So this is the result of your Choice" sounds familiar?

Lastly, I still think that the hunts themselves aren't toxic.
Matter of fact, I got suggested a video today which was this one here, so talk about odd chances with the title calling it "Toxic players", and not toxic Eidolon hunts/Plague Stars.

This isn't about sealing myself appart from them rest, as I precisely tend to make my posts as empathic and connected with everyone by mentioning the issues and suggesting fixes and changes that people knows, and would like, not just me.

That said, considering you've shown to be not the brightest of the candles underwater on plenty of threads from what I've personally seen, to the point of others calling you out for it, I cannot take this last part seriously or feel like it is reasonably well argumented.
It looks like mere gatekeeping of your opinion with no actual good arguments to support it. Unless you're one of those who truly believes that videogames make people violent, in which case I won't further debate.

hace 3 horas, Lutesque dijo:

Wrong.... It's All Baby Sitting....

"No, yes"

You've just contradicted yourself while answering the question, please reconsider what you've said and read it again.

hace 3 horas, Lutesque dijo:

I think you could have....

Or at the very least you could break them into Multiple Threads the DE's Convenience....

If you really want your Feedback to be Read...consider it....

Impossible, I already do my best by reading 2-3 times everytime I finish my posts in search for errors or how to make certain things shorter or more appealing to the public.

1 Thread, 1 subject, that is my objective.
This thread's objective was objectively pointing out the problems with open worlds and suggesting subjective changes and additions to them that people seems to have liked, at least for those who have read, commented, and left an upvote.

Making multiple threads to talk about one same thing seems completely unnecessary and I feel I'd be simply spamming to call attention, which is not precisely what someone like me, who tries to make good posts that are easy to read through thanks to how they're structured, be considered a spammer, or just a dumbo who likes to talk for the sake of talking.

I like my posts to look professional, although I'll need more text config options to reach the apex of this if I want my articles to be as charming as possible so the least % of readers get tired while going a quarter in and leave to go comment on some troll/bait post as they call them.

Compared to you, I already save quite some space by not adding multiple stops at the end of almost every two words and not use capital letters for each word like if I were an autocorrector typing. Sadly, the way you type makes me think I am talking to someone like this:

happy sloth GIF

hace 12 horas, (PSN)Pablogamer585 dijo:

"I believe it's 35 Meters..."
I think it is 50-45m

I doubt this will fix it, haven't you noticed the Difference Between Cetus Liberation and Deimos Liberation?
Well yes but actually no. On Deimos the area to defend considerably smaller and like I said I had no issue defending zones on Cetus except for a couple zones like the Ostwan Range.

"My guess is they would choose the latter"
I'm down for that. If they cannot fix their spaghetti code, at least we'll have enough time to perform the thing correctly.

"They both suck to be honest"

"No Deleting Eidolon Hunts ? 🤔 Come on man.... you know these things have to go"

"The sheer fun of it?"
I think you answered yourself the why I didn't mention "fun" as part of it.

"Really, another escort mission, it's like you want people to hate this activity which is funny because you yourself were bashing Drone Escort not too long ago 🤔"

"Firm Disagree 🤨"
It does seem like you do not quite like Necramechs so I'll make sure to make them a bigger part of my future ideas LOL
Just kidding, but I really like them and see how they could have more applications.

Thanks for your time to read thru this.

With the matter of Necramechs, I think that the problem is that it just feels like a cluncky warframe and dosen't feel suficiently like an improvment as it should, they die Really quick, they lack the tankyness they are supposed to have, and the Archgun mod, is very limited, and dosen't feel complente enought to justify the owning of a necramech. 

I would enjoy necramech more if they could be use in more situations and with more creative Archgun mods. Is like railjack, I wish Corpus railjack where more like grineer one, with more space, and few on land tileset. I Wish they expand upon RJ and with it to necramech and give them the ability to shine. Cuz right now is very lackluster. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-01-05 at 12:58 AM, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

[Long post warning]
Warframe "open worlds" have been a theme of controversy since their introduction back in 2017-2018 with the Plains of Eidolon, and while what they promised seemed, promising to put it in the boldest of ways, their current state is rather abysmal and disappointing to players, be new ones, or "veterans".

A lot of users have stated their dissonance towards them and are really upset with how the bounties work or feel in general.
The content open worlds bring to the table is also unnappealing, or simply not there to begin with, to the point players don't want to bother to progress further on them as it doesn't bring much to their game experience  and it is very tedious, nor does it contribute to the storyline that much, really.
Stills, same case as Railjack, people is kinda forced to play through them in order to get certain items or quests done or else they won't be able to progress further in the verse (I.E. Necramechs for the 5 minutes or less they were used during The New War).

In general, a good bunch of the playerbase despises these huge tilesets, as considering them "open worlds" seems a bit too vastive and dishonest.

I for one, am one of those who actually loves open worlds, but I am starting to get tired of them as of lately, seeing how they are just regular start chart missions again and again but having to move from point A to point B in a repetitive manner which ends up being sickening to be honest.
I am pretty high mastery in the game with quite some hours on my back and I have pretty much 100% of what these have to offer plus have done everything there's to be done in them, be it solo or with friends at times.
The introduction of the Narmer bounties after the New War was seemengly interesting, although not as much as originally thought while playing through the adventure, but leaving that bit aside, after seeing what those bounties were all about, and getting everything (which wasn't much) I must say I am heavily disappointed once again.

With that small introduction out of the way, lets begin with Cetus, as it was the first and oldest of them all.

Cetus / The Plains
My biggest headache when it comes to open worlds. It is a big place, with little to do on it.
Little secrets, little interesting missions, little content in general. Outside of Eidolon hunting, what does this place have to offer? Let me guess, the Zaws.

Content

Zaws just like Kitguns are a 1 sided dodecahedron that has a lot of "customization", but there's a single most effective and simply best forge for all of them boiling down in the links, as the rest of the parts don't matter but as much, which is dissapointing. This could bring the point of "but then, there really is customization duh", I could really debate about this but lets keep on going, will talk about it in the replies if someone wants to.

On the other side, there's amps, which just like zaws and kitguns, come with the exact same issue, and an extra one.

• First; you don't care that much about status, just crit damage and crit chance, and the reasoning is honestly logical: If my weapon only has one or two damage types (statuses), why would I care about proccing them if (for most kitguns and amps in general, impact based zaws too) these have 0 scaling and probably are capped at 10 or something which provides no major benefit or damage to it?

• Second; amps are only used for Eidolon hunts and perhaps, just perhaps some sentient enemy I might have forgotten from the Codex, but anyways, things like disarming a Kuva Guardian don't require you of the amp, just to void blast or void dash. They can also be used to change the weakeness from the Orb mother but even amp-less you can do that so...

And that's basically the content that PoE offers the player.
Two modular systems with the exact same issues, and the issue being rooted in certain damage types being bad and status being not as important as crit by far.

Vendors

Moving on from the things to do in the citadel that might not involve arsenal-additions directly, lets take a look at them:

• Fishing.
    One of the most simplistic and somewhat entertained things to do in the game, this received a pretty unfair nerf (imo) when the blueprints for the baits and tints were removed and now these have to be bought by rep. Luckily, I keep the original blueprints so I can keep making of these whenever I am in need of some, which is only for Nightwave.
    Fishing really has no purpose, it serves as an in-between step to get materials for certain things like the aforementioned zaws and amps and nothing else, but that is fine I guess, since these are rather primitive so it makes sense they're made from animal parts and low tier minerals. Exchanging fish for rep is also, not really that exciting or quick of a process, as the rep of fish is not high, so if you want to level up with Ostrons by just fishing, mining, and collecting Cetus wisp's by the lakes, good luck, it will take some time compared to completing contracts...

• MINERALS! Mining.
    With the basic laser the Ostrons provided us back then, mining is a horrid chore that required of nitty gritty aiming for some fine lining to get a meh amount of rocks.
    It was, and still is if you use that mining too, simply better to do it fast than to do it well, thing which I feel is all over the place in this game in particular.
    Mining contributes the same way as fishing, a 0 to the left, you only use it to get your needed resources to build certain modular things on the foundry, or very picky weapons which might come from the contracts like the Stubba or Quartakk,
    Again you can exchange these for rep, and at least these are better than fishes, but eh... still not the greatest or a really considerable way to obtain reputation, even for newer players.

• Fauna preservation.
    Cool, but pointless. Yes you can be the super good guy who goes out there to save animals from the wilderness and blah blah blah, but that won't redeem you from accidentally killing 50 Quakas by bullet jumping. (It wasn't your fault honestly)
    You get floofs. Floofs. FLOOFS, I LOVE IT. No seriously, I love it, got my orbiter with a floof of almost all the wild life in the game, Ticker included. Also badges to put on your shoulders. Good boy. Still utterly pointless, but at very least unlike on Deimos, here it isn't shoved as a part of the progression that later on had to be addressed by making it optional to be bough from another Trader (Son > Grandmother).

That is pretty much all Cetus has, 2 guys who offer modular things, one in charge of fishing, one in charge of mining, and one in charge of animal preservation.
It isn't much, there isn't much, but like I said since the Ostrons are the most primitive of them all, it is only fair they have way less than the rest of the OWS (Open World Syndicates).

Missions & things to do

Going over the contracts, which are all the exact same but with one extra stage and higher enemy level + are available for even a MR1 Tenno, we have these missions:

• Liberate camp, good luck finding the hidden Grineers in this huge area we've marked. (Certain spots are mostly easy to defend, certain are simply horrible)
  • Liberate fellow prisioner, easiest mission of them in all honesty, as the guy teleports behind you.
  • Mobile defense with actual moving objective, at a painfully slow speed. [This one would do itself if it wasn't because you need to be in range of the dorne for this one to move]
  • Kill this commander, also good luck finding the enemies in time.
  • Find these cool catches, which is also super easy to do and relies on the player's performance instead of our not-so-beloved timer-based defences.
  • There's this Grineer vault we want you to loot, aka Defence 19.20.230...
  • Kill this Grineer regime on these marked areas, aka red circles all over your Plain's map but 0 enemies spawn.
  • Break these supplies so the bad guys don't take them.
  • Capture the coward.

There are also Ghoul missions:

• Kill commander 2.0
  • Liberate hostage 2.0
  • Search caché 2.0, 1/3
  • Fill this tube and mobile defense 60.0
  • Breaking supplies 2.0
  • Kill this regime 2.0
  • Capture the coward 2.0

There are also Narmer and Plague Star, but those two are the previous scheme of above with 3.0 and 4.0 added to their mission descriptions sequentially, so, the breakdown is:

It sucks. You go to Konzu, pick a contract, and always do the exact same boring defences/exterminates until you're done and you get your meh rewards.
The only mission types that feel good, imo for they are entertained, are the cache finding (on caves), and supply runs.
Rest be things we do on the Start-Chart but with modifiers that at times are hard to accomplish and not because of the player's own fault.

Capture the target? Guess what, a Kuaka buring itself on the ground, or a Vomvalyst killing a Grineer counts as a kill YOU shouldn't have done. Amazing I know.
Defend this area? Good luck at the Ostwan Range, where enemies can appear in places you won't even see and the terrain is so uneven you won't notice they are there until you've failed.
Kill this commander? Good luck getting the enemies to spawn in time dude. This contract is easily done with a friend by making one enter the area and the other killing another camp where mind you, there are actual enemies.

Extras

And lastly, there is this one thing that personally burns me: traveling in open worlds, though this one is in general, not just for Cetus.
DE made these gigantic maps just so we spent three quarters of the time moving with our archwing of preferance from A to B to C like bees.
"If you hate this so much, why don't you just go by foot duh" someone will probably say in the comments as a snippet from the entire article, and mind you, I actually like a lot to move around without archwing, but it is slow, boring, and has no benefits as much as I like to watch the landscape. Certainly, I blame this on the level design of the Plains and open worlds in general. Stealing a Dargyn would have been exciting and interesting if we didn't have access to our archwing, probably the favourite and best way to move around the place if so, but it isn't. K-drive was added as its own way to band-aid somehow this issue, but we all roasted it to its decease and when they added Yareli's quest it was like a "You serious" moment from the first SpiderMan movie.

Do I personally have a fix for this? No, although I think adding more riplines around camps could somewhat fix this for those that are close to eachother, other than that, if archwing didn't exist, people most surely would complain about this being one of the biggest issues of OW. I'd love to hear thoughts on this very particular thing (Opinions which aren't "just use archwing", please).

Now that I am done roasting the ever living crap out of the Plains, because they deserver it, we move on to the part where I mention the good aspects, propose fixes, changes or additions so it is not like 99% of the content in the game which is do once-left behind forever/ til one single new thing is added to it so you farm it and leave it again (Narmer bounties).

Cetus / The Plains good things + proposed various things

One of the coolest things the Plains has is Thumpers, "Froggy tank" as my friends call them.
These have been acknowledged by some players as good "field minibosses" and I do agree with that, they are entertained to fight although a bit annoying too. The also give really good rewards, such as exclusive utility mods like Sping-Loaded blade, easier access to Augur Secrets, which seems to have a fairly low drop chance from bounties, or a lot of minerals + fish parts. In general, Thumpers are a heavily rewarding enemy to fight, which makes them good. They also drop the Korrudo blueprint but that weapon sucks so I'll skip on that.

Another of the greatest things of Cetus is the beautiful and extensive caves. My favourite one is the closes to the east-side on the shoreline with that giant ramp to access it, but sadly, there isn't much to be done in there. At times contracts will mark an exterminate objective inside said caves, or perhaps even a cache finding, but more often than not, these go unused and have not much to offer. I wish they were better connected to the inner are of the Plains like on the Orb Vallis but anyways, lets focus on Cetus for now.

There's plenty of great places und Cetus that go underused, such as the stranded Megalodon on the leftern side of the map, but I do admit that at least Cetus makes use of most of it's map unlike Fortuna which normally marks the same 5-6 spots all the damn time.

So, how do we make Cetus better, more entertained for older players who might want to boogie around there, and with a better sense of progression for everyone accross the board?

• First: I'd like contracts to be locked behind local syndicate tier.

For example, a new player to this place should have access to the 5-15 +10-30 Cetus bounties, which I feel is a perfect starting point for anyone new to an open world, be a low mastery Tenno or perhaps a Prestige 2 one. Progressing to the next tier would grant access to the next harder contract, and so on.
    Even though I am aware that bounties are already soft-locked behind mastery rank, lets be honest; what does a MR5 tenno do fighting level 60 Grineer? I think nothing, most surely he'll get killed often. Unless you know, it happens to be a player on his second account type of thing but I'm not taking such curious cases into consideration.

This minor change should provide a better sense of "progression" to everyone and stop us high level players from simply farming the ever living crap out of something from the highest tier bounties on X new planet there might be in the future. Some might argue this is dumb for they already have the "Daily rep cap" thing, but... that's only for quills barters, isn't it?

Nothing else is locked behind the syndicate's ranks besides what we can buy, so locking missions behind how much you're trusted, seems logical to me, let me know if you'd change this and why.

• Second: Certain contracts need changes.

Being stuck doing the same Exterminates/Mobile defences day yes day too really burns out a lot of players, as most of Warframe missions are just mobile defences with different names (Excavations, Hijacks, Defences on places like Uranus...).
    Before I start suggesting new missions, thing which I am sure a lot of users have a lot of ideas for, lets go over what stages need some adjustments:

• "Capture the commander" is simply terrible, moreover if you're entering night cycle. I'd make it so you have to trap him without killing at very least, 4 enemies yourself, stop making NPC kills counts as the player's one. Numbers are up to debate.

• "Resource vault" ones are lame. Camps normally have more than one of these vaults so I think making it an (optionally) multi-task defence would be nice.
      Instead of opening a single vault because "Oh Lotus has identified with her cosmic powers that THAT one has what you want", why not make it so you, the player, can open one of these, and perhaps be lucky and get it done at first try, or if you're feeling brave, take a second data mass and try to hack two of these vaults at the same time? You can pretty much semi-AFK defend a single one so it gets boooooring, might this add a bit of spice to this one mission and make it more active for those who are not still-rear-ends , and also increase how many rewards you sustract from these vaults, thing which I'll talk about later on again for some "extras".

• "Kill the Grineer platoon" suffers from the same problem as "Kill the commander", a tons, and I mean, a ton of red circles may pop out in your minimap with a four man squad, yet barely any enemies might be on those marked areas, if at all, so the fix would be the exact same. In conclusion, just fix the enemy spawn rate, please.

• The rest of missions there are don't really need any changes or major thing done to them that are worth mentioning/listing here, though I know that the caché one is a bit hated by some players for it is "too easy". Strange.

• Third: New missions.

Like I've said, all of us hate the repeteance of doing the same over and over again, and we could really use something new to do, just like how we got Volatile for Railjack, which was quite nice to be honest but again, almost no one plays Railjack because people hates it. (How come I seem to love everything people hates? :P) So, here are a couple ones I've thought of:

• "Kill the VIPs"
      One of those usedless things in Warframe (that kinda pisses me off) are sniper rifles, which seem to be used only for Eidolon hunting. Snistols too.
      I feel like snipers are barely used in the game outside of these, surprisingly even less on large open areas where they should, technically get to shine and be used.

So what if... we get a new mission that appears only on higher tier contracts, lets say "Tier 5" before the Steel Path one, where you have to kill 3 VIPs in a stealthy way?
      First, you need to identify them, not just go there guns blazing with your explosive weapon/Mesa (Which I am sure a lot would) and boom-da-doom the camp.
      Until you've identified them, the game won't put the target mark on these, that way we make those lazy explosive weapon users have to put a bit of effort and attention.
      So you go there, near, but not too near, and use your scope to scoop the zone for these targets and kill them, after identification, a sniper mission of sorts! The modifier for the "extra" should be to kill all VIPs with headshots, but to make this plausible for those who might not be too familiar or friends with snipers, these commanders or VIPs should stop from time to time to talk to other units. It is a quick to do task, otherwise ground units would activate alarms after the first kill has been done and alert the other two targets, that is why you should prioritize identification over elimination, which seems to be done rarely nowadays.

• "Hack comms"
      Most camps have a console with an antenna (well, more like the opposite, an antenna with a console) on them, or more than one (not sure about this). It would be nice, if this was some kind of interception mission, but in miniature, at least while playing on solo. You go to that camp, hack the antenna, and defend yourself from hordes of enemies until you've got the message. In the case of more than one player, it could be done by splitting the squad between various camps around the map so that each goes to hack one of the antennas. Of course if someone doesn't hack the console first, the data streaming won't begin. To make this mission more interesting, it could be made so if more than one player stands in one of the antennas, this one finishes faster, or they can go do each their own. Choices, it is always important to give the player choices.

• "Remember Scarlet Spear/Railjack trailer 2019 sabotage for Lich fight?"
      Me too, just saying.

• Fourth: New rewards worth playing for, and coming back for.

This is, I think, the most important part of the game. If there are no rewards or good content to play for, what's the point of doing so? Narmer bounties were an extremely low blow to all of us once TNW quest was finished, as it seemed that we would be able to use the Drifter on a separate reality to fight the Narmer empire, but it all ended so abruptly I still can't believe it has been the way it has.

Anyways, on Deimos, the animal preservation syndicate offers pets, some of the best in the game as a matter of fact with Vulpaphylas and Predasites.
    What does Master Tensonai offer? Nothing.
    What does Bussiness offer? Nothing.

Animal preservation syndicates should give something for our pets, similar to how our now dead master Tenshin gave us the arcane adapters for our guns, master Tensonai could offer special mods/some sort of upgrades as mentioned on my Pet revision post for our lovely animal companions. Same way, The Bussiness could offer pet arcanes of sorts and the arcanes for thy.
    These special barters should be done with badges from the creatures we trap instead of just Ostron/Solaris rep, as otherwise you'd go there and day one get everything once again, besides it's be boring and not unique.
    Because pets in this game is something that feels, secondary to be objective, it is only fair that to further upgrade them with these mods/arcanes we have to go out of our way to do tasks we wouldn't do otherwise. Do an extra to get an extra, won't take complaints for this one.

In resumen: syndicates need to offer something that makes it worth to invest on them.

I can't really think what a fisherman/mineral's guy should offer as barters outside fo what they currently offer which is purely cosmetic or to go fish even more fish, but to be fair the guy in charge of mining at Fortuna has to be one of the most irrelevant characters of the game, same way Biz does what Master Tensonai + the fisher woman of Cetus does all in one. There's so many little things that add to the "bad" experience of open worlds it is almost impressive.

I think that should do it for my take on Cetus, so moving on to my favourite open world.
I feel like I've touched every aspect I had to touch from the list...

Fortuna / The Orb Vallis

Vast, extense, with a ton of nodes and places to visit, yet the game chooses to send you to the same 6 ubications every single time.
It gets awfully boring, but at least Solaris' contracts are way more entertained and active to do than Ostron's. Same way, the rewards are way better, more useful for interesting setups, and have more uses further on in the game.

Content

Fortuna offers a wider variety of "content".
You have Moas (& Hounds), K-Drives, Kitguns and amps on the "Black market", if we can call Little Duck like that.
Kitguns are amazing, despite their terribly low damage numbers and the aforementioned issues on my little rant on Cetus.
Moas and Hounds are pretty good companions. I wouldn't say they are but as good as Predasites or Vulpaphylas but from what I've discussed with other members, being able to use robotic mods and robotic weapons on a beast~ish pet is seen as... better, and honestly I'll have to agree because ranged weapons are better than melee attacks on companions, they really need an in-depth rework to their AIs, same as lots of enemies.
Fortuna amps are cooler looking and stronger too.

Generally speaking, Fortuna beats Cetus on all aspects when it comes to content, except for the Eidolon hunts which are really entertained and a great thing to do often.

And that's what we're offered with, four modular systems, two of them with the same old issues and inconveniences of crit > status, and in the case of modular pets, lackluster base stats and dumb AI, and then there's K-Drives but I think I've stated my opinion on them well enough.
There's also Ticker who offers Railjack crew, which is great.

So, Fortuna has 4 good vendors:
- Little Duck with amps and cool arcanes/cosmetics
- Rude Zuud with kitguns, which in my opinion need some buffing
- Legs & his Moas, plus some good robotic weapons. For more info on my take on pets you can check the "pets revision" link above in this article.
- Ticker, with the ability to barter resources for badges or buy decorations for your ship, besides the Railjack Crew shop.

Vendors

Same case as Cetus, Fortuna has multiple stores we can buy from various things, but this is the part where I mention those that do not involve arsenal implementations directly, and yes, the mining and fishing tools can technically be considered "arsenal", but moving on:

• Fishing and animal preservation are now a single guy, which is fine I guess.
    He offers floofs, which is magnific, and badges too, besides the usual traps and lures, but nothing special. I really wish animal preservation vendors were more useful.

• Mining is in charge of the least relevant most generic looking Fortuna NPC, Smokefinger. And that's all about him, yeah.
    He offers captura scenes, two glyphs, and the usual mineral refining blueprints. Useless.

• K-Drives are sold by the Ventkids.
    I really don't like K-Drives so I'll skip, as per usual, on this subject.

• Barters & Railjack Crew are on Ticker.
    There isn't much to be said about this to be fair, it is a good system to get badges if RNGesus is not on your side some days, plus the Railjack crew is super useful.
    Elite Crew isn't that much of an improvement but I guess it's there too if we want it.

And that's it for vendors.

Missions & things to do

There's two places to get missions, there's Eudico for the basic ones, and Eudico but in the back shop for the Orb Mother ones (As to be fair you can go fight the Exploiter Orb directly just by going to the correct place without selecting the contract from what I've noticed).

Normal contracts have these missions:

• Find 4 Corpses, and liberate some hostages
  • Single Spy Vault
  • Find airdrops
  • Assassination Objective
  • Supply drop stealing
  • Drone Escort, or basically the coolest mobile defence
  • Kill this type of unit in this place
  • Kill in general
  • Mobile defence on a Credit-shaped vehicle
  • Excavation, not bugged like on Deimos, lucky us.

Mother Orb contracts/heists be like:

• PhaseOne: Go to fish cause some dude is dead, then steal a camp and go for a drone. This one specifically is extremely bad and buggy.
    On a slower device, like my PS4, if you load onto the Vallis and go to the cave the game would normally point when it finishes "processing", it will mark another instead far away.
    Same happens if you finish the fishing phase and go to the camp it would mark next, it will simply mark another, which is infuriating, and lastly, if you go for the drone's spawn point, it will do the same once again. It is simply annoying, and it feels like the drop rate for Strain Eruption or whichever it is, it too low. Speaking from experience, i did over 70 runs in a row and never got it, but guess what, I got it from killing the directors on:

• Phase two: Kill three dummies.
    Three directors spawn on fixated places of a fixated place, so if you have something like a Penta you can speedrun this phase even more than it can already be sped-ran, then you go on to kill two meh Ambulas, steal something and go back to Fortuna. A quick contract to farm certain goodies.

• Phase three: Piss off the spooder.
    Infiltrate by some vents, go in there, do this with a console, do that with another one, then go to shoot the giant enemy spider and collect the data you need, go back to Fortuna and ready for phase four.

• Phase four, the fight itself.
    You fight the Orb mother and get mediocre rewards. It is a cool fight with nice mechanics and stages to it, but the rewards aren't that amazing. It is considered a good credit farm if you go with certain conditions applied, and you can get toroids of the highest tier and some crappy mods, but the contract rewards themselves aren't that impressive either for what might be a tough fight for someone who is doing it for the first time. Once you get the hang of it is is a more or less reliable farm for certain relics.

And that's about it. Now, there are Narmer bounties too, but these are the same as normal contracts with just more damage.

Hopping on to the bugs I've found from playing extensively on the Orb Vallis, and I mean it when I say extensively:

1. Hostage liberation mission can be bugged if you pick the same contract again and this phase's cell lands on the exact same spot as the previous one.
    The crewmen who port the data keys will spawn, but won't drop any of them nor be marked as targets.
    Another rather peculiar bug is that the dropships will go really far away, and by far I mean that if the place is on the Enrichment Labs, the dropships will arrive on the Nuclear reactor near The Pearl, or, where the corpses where, in that small gulf after the rock arc.

A rather funny bug that doesn't need fixing is dropships colliding with eachother, making each bounce to the point they go under the floor and come back again. It's hilarious to watch and doesn't affect the gameplay, luckily.

Small update on this one as I read the just-released patch notes for the 31.0.6 hotfix on my seconds forums tab, Jailers not dropping keys has been succesfully solved :D

2. Single spy vault has a similar issue, but more wide-spreaded. If the chamber is the exact same you hacked, chances are the console will be bugged and you won't be able to hack it at all, doesn't matter what you do.  Another bug is that if the console itself hasn't bugged, the place where it was might be void from all security.

3. Kill X type of unit has a very bad issue of enemy spawn rate being awful, similar to Cetus. 3 enemies might spawn randomly every once in a while, making the contract impossible to complete in time for simply no enemies were there to be killed.

4. Mobile defence has an extremely peculiar bug. It seems that if you capture a camp after being done with your bounty and start a new one, the vehicle you hack on another place of the Vallis won't be targeted nor damaged by the enemies, but you will be able to damage it. Stills, the contract can be completed without issue, which is more or less fine. Interestingly enough, the "defence objective" will appear marked on another place of the map, as an example, I was doing this type of mission near the Orokin Excavation site, one of my favourite places in Fortuna, but the defence objective icon was on the small settlement near Fortuna Elevator to the left, which is the most common place for Coildrives to appear.

Other than that, the rest of contracts have no notorious bugs and work perfectly fine, which is good.

Extras

Fortuna has a unique system of "Base capture" that allows us to use an enemy base as our own to select up to three contracts of the same level with the same rewards but different name and mission order. Once we've completed those, we need to search another camp or the elevator, as the guy who offers them won't give you any others to select on that camp.
You can interact with him, yeah, but his menu will simply be empty.
Funny thing is, you get nothing extra from doing these besides the usual, and while perhaps the contracts running out is a bug, this gave me an idea for something cool.

Same time,  your first daily entry to the Vallis, 3 toroids get hidden on random caves of the place, which honestly it is a fun little detail but ultimately useless and I'm pretty sure , ignored by a lot of players.

Done with mentioning all the bad of the Vallis, and some of the good, it is time for the "Lets make this better" part.

Fortuna / Orb Vallis good things + proposed various things

The concept of kitguns and modular pets is simply fantastic, but the little amount of parts that are relevant to the customization of these, makes the modular system feel not really modular if there is always 1 of the parts that is just better at everything than the rest and makes it not-so worth slotting others. I mentioned an example about this on my Arsenal review 2021 post, on how my first Primary Rattleguts, a Gibber + Macro Arthoid burnt through ammo and barely killed until the new mods and arcanes were implemented.

Yes, when these are stacked the weapon does kill moderatly well, but the problem is starting from the bottom. If you happen to loose said stacks, you'll have a horrible time to build them again, the further yo go on into a mission. On the other hand, my Tremor + Splat Rattleguts simply has superior crit chance and crit damage, which translates to higher damage and easier kills.

And that is one of the problems with kitguns, their base damage and amount of statuses.
If you want to see a small comparative, open the spoiler below.

Reveal hidden contents

Lets take a look at similar guns for each chamber:

• Catchmoon VS Plasmor: Built for the max damage parts, Catchmoon has a base damage of 126, 269 on the secondary version.
    Plasmor has 600, and a 60% Tenet Plasmor 1216, almost 10 times more than poor old Catchmoon (Primary) and close to 6 times higher than secondary Catchmoon.
    Catchmoon deals:
    • Impact, labelled as one of the worst damage types in the game and whose only redeemer is the Internal Bleeding mod, but this weapon cannot use it because it is a "shotgun"
    • Heat, which at least is a good damage type, but sadly, this weapon falls short on higher levels due to its lack of damage and damaging capabilities.
    • And nothing else, 2 damage types and low damage make this weapon not strong, but not weak.

• Gaze VS Synapse/Nukor: There are quite some beam weapons in the game, but for Primary Gaze and Secondary Gaze, these are the ones that come the closest.
    Gaze has 37 initial damage, 20 on the secondary version
    Synapse does 20, close to half, and Nukor 22, Kuva Nukor 33, close to 50% more.
    Gaze also happens to have more status chance than Synapse at the cost of slightly less crit damage, so in the case of primaries, Gaze is actually a really good kitgun, if not the best.
    As for secondaries, it cannot compete against the likes of Kuva Nukor, but it is a good secondary too.

• Rattleguts VS Kuva Karak (60% radiation): Built for max damage parts, Rattleguts possesses a total of 37 damage with all IPSs which is good, but sadly more than half of it is radiaton.
    Kuva Karak also has 37 damage and almost the exact amount of radiation, but this possesses much greater status chance while maintaining the rather high crit chance and above average crit multiplier, whereas Rattleguts either has the status, or the crit.
    If built for hybrid, lets say with a more "50/50" mag, like a Thymoid, it also happens to be weaker on crit and status chance. That said, since this is the only kitgun chamber with all of the IPS's, it can gain good damage from Galvanized Aptitude, rendering it a rather good rifle, but even with that, kind of weak because of that high base radiation instance.

• Sporelacer vs nothing, because there's no other weapons that does what this "shotgun" does.
    With all three IPS and toxin at base, this kitgun is good when built for max DPS. There isn't much to be said about it, besides that it feels like some sort of fully auto grenade launcher, and works well that way. Good base damage, good status types, overall great. But you'll need to put plenty of Forma on it for it to be the best it can be.

• Tombfinger VS Komorex: It was quite tough to find something that worked so similarly to p.Tombfinger, but I think the Komorex comes the closest of them all.
    P.Tombfinger has way more damage per direct impact than Komorex, it also has more AoE damage, (a bit hard to tell without my game stats right in front of me as pages like the wiki or Overframe only show the damage per direct hit and that's it) but, it only has impact and radiation to its shots, making it another case like the Catchmoon. Meanwhile, Komorox has all the IPS at its disposal so it has no hard time killing any faction. Tombfinger can deal great damage, however it heavily relies on being equipped with mods that grant some sort of scaling damage type, such as Hunter Munitions for the primary, or Primed Heated charge for the secondary, as I've tried Haemorrage since this weapon has forced impact procs and guess what, it doesn't work for some reason dude.

All in all, secondary Tombfinger is on my top three most liked secondaries alongside the Kuva Seer and Zymos because they are fun, and good, even at pretty high levels!

• Vermisplicer is basically a Gaze 2.0, and the same case as the Sporelacer.
    It has all the IPS too, which is already a massive DPS boost and it has toxin too. Make a crit or a status one, the good thing about guns with IPS is that can be done hybrid, so for example an Arcroid will give fantastic crit chance and status chance, but perhaps more crit less status is still more effective.

In general, Fortuna kitguns such as the Catchmoon or Rattlegut need some adjustements.
Catchmoon deserves its old damage to be given back.

So, what does Fortuna need to be more appealing and make players want to go back it after they've got all their quests and new things from there? (Still pissed about Narmer bounties fiasco)

• 0.5: The same I said on Cetus about the bounties being locked behind local' syndicate rank (this might be seen as biased just because I am on the highest tier on all of them)

• First: Vendors need new exciting things to all of us.

One of the things I'd love for kitguns is to see more chambers.
    It is hard to make more grips to be honest, and we have plenty of loaders but 2-3 are all one needs to make a good gun, the rest are irrelevant and really need some buffs, or perhaps reconsider the damage the chambers do and add IPS to all of them so creating a status based kitgun is worth it on some chambers, instead of having to go all on crit to get the best one.

As for modular pets, I think they are good, excluding the base stats but for this is not the thread about it so if you want to talk about this you know what where to go, but they miss more mods and customization outside of the visual department which is Legs. Like I said for Cetus, it would be nice if Bussiness offered new mods or even pet arcanes to put on your Moas and Hounds, whereas Master Tensonai offered these for Kubrows and Kavats, and then Son for Vulpaphylas and Predasites.

In the case of Ventkids, as much as I despise K-Drives I think their syndicate is perfect as it is and needs no new additions whatsoever (Please, don't)

Smokefinger needs some love though. It would be good if we could buy metal/mineral decorations from his shop as barters for the minerals themselves, then his shop would have an incentive to be visited more than once to buy all the blueprints for the minerals and drills. I am sure a lot of dojo decorators would like some new good looking geodes from him and all miners of the relays. An incentive to go mining finally, or perhaps to perform another task that rewards you with materials...

• Second: Make base captures meaningful, even if you are going to only do 3 contracts on them once and then leave.
    An idea I had was to give the player(s) a resource cache with special rare finds + some more common ones as a reward for completing the 3 bounties little orange dude offers you when you capture a Taxmen base. The rewards of these would be determined by the contract tier that you captured the base on*.
    *Right now if you do a Tier 1 bounty and capture a base, your contracts will be of Tier 1 too, if you do it after a Tier 2, you know what happens. Don't know if it applies with Steel Path too, but I'd like it to.

So, these resource caches would be like a container you open with the interaction button and get unlocked after the contracts have been completed. Among the goodies of these crates, there could be fish parts and minerals, similar to how Thumpers drop these upon kill. It would be a good alternative way to obtain certain resources for those players who might not enjoy going fishing mining, or simply aren't looking for an specific resource, which is much harder to find in the case of mining as this is random.

For years players have suggested to get an endless excavation mode to sustract minerals from the ground not ayatan stars and endo DE, so this should be a good alternative to that.

On the highest tier caches I'd love to put things such as amalgam kitgun part blueprints as a low tier drop, lets say 10%, so players have an incentive besides the materials to go make these higher tier bounties. We are able to mix Solaris and infested parts so I see it working perfectly with Solaris parts at least.
    Given amalgams are partly sentient, perhaps these shouldn't be able to assemble with infested parts. Not that there's many to opt for anyways.

Additional rewards with lower drop chance could be built forma x1/x3, each with lesser drop chance, or Warframe exilus adapter blueprints.
    Maybe for steel Path caches, add Orokin reactor blueprints and Orokin catalyzer bps at, lets say, 3% drop chance. You have to do basically 15 missions in a row, so as a possible reward it seems good and fair to me, as it is not guaranteed. At least it will be better than the 1.31% drop chance of Riven slivers from Railjack defences that substitued umbra Forma blueprints...

For obvious reasons, I won't add rivens to this system.

• Third: Although I've said Fortuna missions feel way more entertained and active than Cetus' , I feel like adding a couple new ones doesn't harm anyone.

• "Sabotage the Ship/Coildrive"
      There's plenty of places where a ship or a coildrive might be stationed. This mission would require you to grab a device from a Solaris drop point, lets say a bomb has been left on a cave or on some bushes type of thing and you need to look for it like for the corpses, take it and then apply it to a coildrive/ship, depending of the location. You can do it on a stealthy way, which would cost less time, or just the default guns blazing which could take slightly longer. Stealth is heavily unrewarded in this game, except for affinity farms, but we have our methods for these.

It is a cooler mobile defence. I like Corpus Hijack a lot, mission is short and there's only 1 sadly.

• "Nuclear needs"
      Fortuna has three or four nuclear reactors, one which is still working [Near The Pearl], for some reason, and it was only used, if we can really say we used it, for the quest and nevermore. Lets say Nef Onion has put the rest of these to work again, as seemingly Ballas did something to them with his Narmer ornamentation and stuff for some reason (I'll guess they work, otherwise why bother decorating them?).
      Mixing Volatile and Jupiter-like Sabotage, you'll have to fill a series of canisters from the reactor, and drop these on a marked point for Solaris to retrieve.
      Corpus units will come to try stop this by manually operating the console you activated, and you'll think "Duh, if I don't move from there how they even gonna have a chance" welp, that's where the Volatile part comes in clutch; Say there's something similar to the vents we need to open near the place, these cannot be opened with explosive weapons already so that makes the player forced to aim at least for it to work.
      And that's basically it, you fill a serie of canisters, take the filled ones and drop them somewhere similar to how the Raptor fight works, and boom, there you go.

• "Endless excavation"
      As I've mentioned, players have asked for many years to get sky-open excavations to mine resources, so lets make this a bounty rather than just a mission.
      Rewards would be minerals per excavator finished digging + some extras. A good alternative for mineral farming if you do not possess the time to perform a base capture and do all three bounties of this to get the aforementioned cache.
      I really feel it is important to give people the ability to choose how they do what they want or need to do.

unknown.png

With all those small changes, I feel Fortuna could become much more entertained and have way more "content" and "progression" to it than what it currently has.

Of course there's the idea of Raids too, can't forget about this.
I created (WIP) one taking place here, in Fortuna, making use of the original Railjack concept* where this would land at a marked location of the world to go outter space, and the Orokin excavation site, where there is a portal and a gate-opener device on one of the Corpus trucks outside of this, you might see where am going.
*Author note: Look at the Orb Vallis map, it feels designed with Railjack in mind,why else would the interplanetary defence tower at the bottom right of the map be there for, or the vastive open areas where you can perfectly call a big ship to land? It is simply perfect for Railjack, and I wish it were expanded with that in mind for the future. It doesn't need to be forced onto players, but it can work!

Raids shall be for another post though, so lets keep on going with our (currently) last Open World:

Deimos / The Cambion Drift

The smallest and fastest of them all to be created, Deimos is, in my opinion, the best open world for it has quite some things to do on it and the missions are super entertained.
Lore and story wise it is also amazing, and we obtain a major addition to our arsenals because of the quest with Necramechs, which are super fun (though very limited in usage)
The landscape is a bit weird and there are some things missing from the original filtrations still, such as the infested Dragon boss fight (Basically the Eidolons of Deimos) but other than that this is also the one open world with the best rewards (or at least that was for Kuva and Endo before Narmer appeared...)

Content

Deimos contains Necramechs and Infested pets, besides some new Warframes and weapons, but so do Fortuna and Cetus.
Necramechs are better vehicles when compared to K-Drives, or at least as its own syndicate I find them much more appealing and good in general.
Mausolon being a free archgun is pretty amazing, as it is basically, after the Kuva Ayanga, the best of its class.

The infested pets are amazing too and really useful, so that's yet another + for the Family. We also gain access to Helminth, which is a pretty controversial system, but I've found it useful as it has helped certain frames with their certain frame problems. Not sure if that is really what those frames needed, but it works I guess.

The infested kitguns are not that memorable. It is true father offers you 6 new parts, but compared to the over 30 of Zuud, this feels... complementary or a mini-update to her kitgun shop rather than just "another kitgun vendor". There is also those special mods for primes which should have been by default their passive or something, but eh, who am I to judge.

Other than that, the rest of things you can buy are purely cosmetics.

As for the content we can obtain from the bounties, be the underground or surface ones, there are the Residual and Theorem arcanes, which have been stated to be useless.
I like them and have made my point on them already on other posts so no need to re-re-reexplain it here, unless someone were to ask for them.
There's also the weapons, and a couple more Necramech mods, but that is it.

Vendors

Deimos has the same issue as Cetus and Fortuna. The vendors in charge of fishing and mining are 1-time (sort of) uses just so you can get the medallions to rank up with the family in case you don't have what Grandma needs to exchange resources for them.

Loid offers necramech stuff, just the basics.

Father offers miscellaneous things, I am surprised he doesn't have anything about necramechs given his enthusiasm for these though.

Grandma also offers misecallaneous stuff, she is the Ticker of Necralisk.

Otak offers nothing. (Sadly, as I love this little fellow)

Daughter offers nothing.

Son does! For once the animal preservation vendor has interesting things to offer the player, and that is great. Although, I have noticed an extremely strange patter on this:
-Cetus has Master Tensonai in charge of animal preservation, he has 0 interesting things to him, and there's no modular pets here.
-Fortuna has Biz in charge of both Fishing and A.P, whereas Legs is in charge of the modular pets.
-Deimos divides Fishing and A.P again into two vendors but merges animal preservation and modular pets.
I wonder what will the next open world do? Mix all three on one? That could be neat.

There really isn't much going on other than that.

Missions & things to do

Deimos missions from bounties are good, but some of them really need to be looked at. Lets go over surface ones first:

• Territorial dispute, a perfectly working version of Cetus' zone control.
    Smaller area, good enemy spawns, and better % threshold for the extra.

• Harvesting; easy to do, but I don't see what's the point of trying to reach for those that are the furthest away/close to the ring, as they give only 1 point. Perhaps if those that appeared at the outskirts gave more points, a well organised team would complete this contract faster and have an actual reason to move before inserting the power cell.

• Garv VS Tenno. I hate this one. Deeply. How come, all the AIs you need to protect in the game feel so utterly useless, and then there's Garv and his squad who can basically instakill lvl 100 infested. It is ridiculous. On a 4-man squad, their killing potential is off the charts, I bet they could clap a Level 5 Lich. Please, give them a resonable adjustement when it comes to lethality, and at the same time, consider them an example for others AIs to follow.

• Lure assassination target. It is cool, that's all, also really easy and fast to do.

• Destroy nests.

• Help Latrox Une, funnily enough one of my deceases Sisters of Parvos was called Malia Une, might not want to talk to Latrox about this...

• Excavation sucks on Deimos. Lets take a look at why does it do:
    1 player, two excavators, each spawns only after the first is finished.
    2 players, three excavators, same as before.
    3 players, three excavators.
    4 players, four excavators.
    I think my point here it clearly seen.

• Cache recovery, but it is 1 instead of three and it is protected, so more or less the same.

As for the undergrouns bounties, outside of the fixated scheme of Open door > kill infested > kill necramech > (Optionally) Open the vault, we have:

• Protect the juggie, then kill it.
  • Seal the cracking.
  • Charge a sack to throw it to infested and kill them.
  • All the ones from surface except Latrox & Garv are here too.

Extras

While Deimos makes use of almost then entirity of its map thanks to being smaller, I am still wondering what's up with the Cerebrum Magna.
I sometimes go near it and I feel it is, making sounds as if it were a living creature. Spooky.

Deimos feels a bit unfinished still, hope it gets more content in the future.

At the same time, I feel like Deimos is the only planet who doesn't need more additions or fixes as of now, so I won't make a "how to fix Deimos" section, for I feel Deimos is great already.

Overall opinion and personal conceptual WIP

Like I stated at the beggining of the post, I love open worlds.
They have so much to explore, so many breathtaking places to visit, so many cool people to meet and that add to the game's story, as complex as it might be.
I see the potential open worlds have, but DE needs to put more effort on this if they truly want them to succeed.

One of the main problems I have seen in Warframe, is that a lot of the content has little replayability.
You just do it once, or til you're max rank with whatever there might be/get what you want, and just leave it gather dust, like Grandma says, and in the case of open worlds, this is such a pity. I've mentioned a couple times 

As a new player I've had a blast up until two areas: The Open World portions and the Phobos Junction unlock.

It's a whiplash like experience of having a great time and then suddenly you're in Borderlands 1. Same with Phobos (bc lets punish players by a miserable find the shiny RNG 3 times)

But the open world could be cool honestly, its just the quest lines and the way its forced kinda defeats the purpose. "Here enjoy open world by doing this set task in this set area."

Make it more things like find an enemy base and destroy it. Giving players like 5 or more targets to choose from, etc.

Game does a lot of things right, but these two areas from a new player's perspective are the biggest drawback in game. Bad Marketing is the biggest weakness the game has overall.

But agree these simply aren't fun in current state. 

Don't agree with everything you wrote, but it's a good post! Especially there being no point to conservation - it's actually one of the nicest ways to earn rep (except in Vallis which is the hardest due to no roaming wildlife). Going out at night into the plains you can get your daily cap in rep pretty easily just from the roaming wildlife.

They really gotta do something about those dargyns on the plains. Especially on the Switch they're so hard to shoot down at low MR (very few decent weapons available, and even then really gimped builds due to low endo/credits/forma). Just ran a drone escort mission with a friend and had a SWARM of a dozen dargyns flying around, all of them shooting at the drone so it died in a couple of minutes and there was nothing we could do about it :(

hace 13 horas, (NSW)nin-pook dijo:

They really gotta do something about those dargyns on the plains. Especially on the Switch they're so hard to shoot down at low MR (very few decent weapons available, and even then really gimped builds due to low endo/credits/forma). Just ran a drone escort mission with a friend and had a SWARM of a dozen dargyns flying around, all of them shooting at the drone so it died in a couple of minutes and there was nothing we could do about it :(

Depending on what mastery rank you are, I could recommend you give a go to the Latron series, they have become one of my favourite as of recently and they're excellent for the plains thanks to their higher zoom! But yes, being swarmed by Dargyns can trigger a certain degree of ptsd 😬

You know the funny thing? When I was trying to farm the pigment that Dargyn pilots drop, I barely could see any of them, now, I have to shot them down or get annoyed to death.
Can't imagine how annoying it can be for Switch players :P

Hella long thread and I did try my best to read the whole thing (did skim some parts):

Let's be real, bounties need a complete rewrite. Every one is the exact same rubbish and even Narmer Bounties, which are the only actual lingering reference to TNW once we complete it, are a lazy copy-paste of the other bounties, just the enemies have funny helmets. Not to mention that Narmer Bounties' rewards SUCK. Having to do 100+ of these things because they want to pad-out the run-time by making 90% of the drops 600 Endo is ridiculous. 

What they need to do (in my opinion) is include the mini-games in the bounties themselves. Mining bounty, fishing bounty, conservation bounty - etc. Example: on Cetus, have Master Teasonai come with us for conservation and maybe destroy a Grineer lab experimenting on Vasca Kavats. Bam! 10x more interesting (to me at least) than "sit still in Necramech and kill 50 enemies from 300m with Arquebex".

Mining bounty: mining vendor tells us where the enemy is stashing huge amounts of X, so we raid the base and our reward is 100 of some crystal/rock or whatever. That way people who have zero interest in doing the mining mini-game can still get the resources by doing shooty-shooty.

Furthermore, going back to Cetus again, move Kubrows there. Why are they on almost every Earth tileset, but not Cetus - how the heck does that make sense? Heck, you could probably move Kavats there too (not just Vasca), so DNA farming would be a lot less annoying and not (for whatever reason) on Orokin/Deimos Derelict.

I could go on a whole rant about conservation as-is, but I'll leave it there for the moment.

Archived