Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it just me, or is DE making the game worse instead of better?

Traumtulpe

On 2022-01-27 at 12:06 PM, (XBOX)THE NTT said:

I just like the fact they nerfed attack speed because claiming no one could see the animations (they worked so hard on).  But at the same time they've increased AOE weapons to the point that you don't even see an enemy.  I don't see anyone using melee at all anymore - its just bramma zarr spam. Don't even see the enemies, much less any melee animations.
In fact on public missions, I don't see anything except blinding flashes of light  as I bullet jump through the map with my sniper or single target gun hoping to get a shot off at something before they are atomized.

I would love to see the players that run explosive weapons try to beat the Uranus Neptune Junction complete 5 missions on Uranus with melee only requirement. I literally am trying to any% speed run Uranus so I can start the second dream quest. Also, I would like to see skill guns used more often. Once, on the plains of eidolon, when I was brand new to the game, I recently got ps plus booster pack, giving me the tiberon burst rifle, and I sniped a dargyn pilot out of his aircraft from approximately 1000m away. I fired 3 bursts from Hek's Stiletto to Cetus and killed the pilot with last two bursts. I have been trying to repeat this event elsewhere on the plains of eidolon open world map to no success. Sadly I failed to take a screenshot of the moment.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Jaytrash1 said:

Also, back to status damage, is radiation/ viral good? 

Generally, you don't want to accrue the opportunity cost of dedicating 4 slots to Elemental Damage, which could go to Crit or some other different multiplier.

However, Viral's proc benefits all damage types and Radiation is a very good one.

Armor Class modifiers double dip, boosting damage and mitigating armor by same percentage.

Radiation damage mitigates 75% of Alloy armor and has a 1.75x multiplier against it. This means that right out of the gate before any status effects, against certain enemies, Radiation is dealing 6x more than neutral. Multiply this again by Viral procs (2x - 4.25x) and you have something pretty good.

In a Sortie against a Bombard with 6000 Alloy Armor granting 95% DR:

• Neutral deals 5% Damage
  • Viral deals 8.75% Damage
  • Radiation deals 29.1% Damage

Which can be multiplied with Viral procs.

Edit: Of course, everyone only cares about Bleed procs that always deal 35% of Base Damage per tick regardless of armor type or values.

• 2 weeks later...

The game is not getting worse. It never gets worse. The progress now will be much slower for many reasons. 

The problem is that the gaming industry is launching outstanding and extraordinary games like Horizon Zero Dawn Forbidden West and Elden Ring. The hiatus of game development stopped and is marching again with the launch of great titles. 

The other problem is that the game is heading to portable phones too. It must be casual appealing to new potential players. This game retention of old veterans is not the purpose DE seeks. DE wants a stream of new players that can easily be part of the system extracting from them a fair amount of money. 

The question all of us must do is if these veterans produces money for the game. If they are a source of money then they should be taken into consideration. The franchise Warframe should provide content for the veterans in a honest way. 

Archived