Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it just me, or is DE making the game worse instead of better?

Traumtulpe

On 2022-01-05 at 10:20 PM, Traumtulpe said:

There are so many things in this game that are broken, unfinished, ineffective, and above all bugged. And with every update there are more. You can report severe bugs with videos and all, and watch them not be fixed 2 years later.

And when something finally does get changed, it doesn't get fixed or improved, it gets deleted or made worse.

I'm not even trying to be mean here, it's my honest impression.

Take for example status types - in the past we used Slash, Viral, Corrosive, Blast, Gas, sometimes Cold, Radiation or Toxin.

Slash, Corrosive, Blast, Gas, Cold, and Toxin have all been nerfed heavily. Heat and Viral have been buffed. As a direct consequence, Blast, Gas and Cold are no longer used, and Corrosive only at low levels. Instead we use Heat, but mostly only at low levels as well. A net -3 to variety.

I don't see how this made anything better. I liked using Blast for CC, Cold for increasing status duration, and Gas for damage.

Or how about melee weapons? The list of nerfs they received is near endless. Momentum (knockdown resistance) deleted. Opening enemies to finishers deleted. Attack speed reduced. Damage reduced like 3 times already. Meta mods effectively deleted. Many forced procs deleted. Many good stances deleted and replaced with worse ones. Line of sight check added. Range reduced.

It doesn't feel fun anymore, being locked into slow and awkward animations for no payoff. Just use an explosive weapon - no animation lock, far greater range and kills through walls.

And, again, during all this time that melee got nerfed again and again and again, did DE even fix any bugs it had? Any at all? Because there are a lot (and I mean A LOT) that I remember from 1 or 2 years back, that are STILL there. Condition Overload, it got nerfed, but it's still bugged. Glaives, got nerfed, but are still bugged. You still can't heavy attack while wielding a gun (you could for a while, but it was horribly bugged - so DE deleted the feature instead of fixing the bug).

Or what about all those stances that don't have a complete moveset? 2 or 3 combos out of 4 being the exact same doesn't strike you as something worth fixing in years? How about a backwards combo? How about some free movement on the forward combo, or no janky forced movements on the neutral ones? How about heavy attacks that can actually hit an enemy right in front of you (yep, some can't do that)?

Feel free to disagree or have a discussion, or make useless remarks a'la "just leave if you don't like it". How long can you go on deleting features while adding bugs? Won't there be nothing but bugs left at some point?

CC associated with status procs lost their value when enemies started dropping like flies. Status procs for the purpose of cc and damage types do not matter much when enemies die extremely quickly. Virus is also overpowered when compared to cc status procs due the the damage multiplier associated and this is compounded by the rather imbalanced armor:health ratio found on higher level enemies.

The problem also stems from our damage being overkill and effective immortality - we simply do too much damage and  when  played decently, we can't die. 

Melee did far too much damage, but instead of it being nerfed down to ranged weapons' damage tier  as it should have been, it received but a little lovetap and ranged was buffed to also be overkill, so here we are.

21 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I didn't know this 😱 !!?

yeah so pretty much the only thing you can do with her arrow now is make huge stealth circles on the floor that invisible people that stand in them, This is possibly an oversight but I am pretty sure you can still shoot them into specters and enemies though I don't know why you would want to!

21 hours ago, Lutesque said:
On 2022-01-10 at 5:46 PM, quxier said:

But there's 5 Prince Of Persia Games.... 6 If you count the Old Original.... 10 if you count the Mobile Games.... 👀

I'm not familiar with WHOLE franchise. I've only played on PC (which I may mentioned but It might be not enough).

I meant PoP trilogy: Sand of time, Warrior within and Two thrones. 4th one I have finished were PoP from 2008 with different character: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia_(2008_video_game)

There is... or are Forgotten sounds but I haven't played any of them. It's kind of spinoffy thing (it's interquel between 1st & 2nd game) so I kind of forgot about it all the times.

There are 2 2D games from 89 & 94 but I think I have tried only 1st one. I don't think it had good combat (not bad) and parkour weren't great as well.

I've said 4 games meaning PoP trilogy + 2008 version because that's what I think people would think. I wonder how much people that liked or at least played PoP trilogy/2008 version know about 2D games from 89/94. Not to mentioned playing them. However if you are from older generation or just played them or know about them then I guess I should be more precise.

The same goes for other titles. If someone said that they have played PoP I would think they meant PoP trilogy and maybe 2008 version.

ps. sorry for confusion for anyone.

I may be new to Warframe, and it is fun, but reading every post before me, I would say that DE could make Warframe better if they can balance gameplay mechanics for everyone. The new player experience can be rough for those who aren't quick learners, but the best way to learn, in this case, is to challenge new players, and maybe if they consider community content ideas, such as fan Warframe concepts, see what those concepts do the gameplay. For example, I made a concept Warframe that lore-wise, was never completed. The Operator to this concept Warframe is Grineer. And the abilities of the concept Warframe are dependent on the enemies you face, and the allies you bring. This concept Warframe, Nanami, its final ability basically activates a completely random ability pooled from all current Warframes available in game. The second ability effectively copies Eximus enemies' special attacks, and uses those enemies' special abilities against them. Imagine the gameplay with that Warframe, if actually added to the game.

On 2022-01-10 at 10:11 AM, OniDax said:

I agree with what you are saying but what about the classical tradition in video games like aiming skill, memory, puzzle solving and quick reaction. 

EVERY GENERATION LOVES THAT. EVERY GENERATION LOVES RISKS and when things are AT STAKES

I'm going to have to disagree, i have horrendously bad memory and have to usually end up writing everything down and looking back and forth for every 3 letters or numbers. puzzle solving just slows down the combat and bores people like myself. quick reaction i more or less don't mind it but some people don't have adequate reaction times and are unable to improve upon that.

On 2022-01-08 at 10:35 AM, Traumtulpe said:

iral was buffed from +100% damage (temporary) to +325% damage (permanently). As a result we straight up deal more than 2x as much damage as before - and this happened for no good reason, Viral was already a popular damage type.

At the same time, several other elements got nerfed, some less powerful than Viral even before.

My complaint is not that the nerf made us less powerful, it did the opposite. We stopped using all those (now) trash elements and just slap Viral on everything, and are more than 2x as powerful as before as a result. My compaint is that the nerf deleted previously good options.

I further go on to lament that DE keeps deleting options via Nerfs, but hardly ever creates options via bugfixes or buffs. And that this doesn't seem to be practical in the long term.

DE always goes on about having a variety of choices yet a large portion of the stuff in the game is immensely overshadowed due to their nerf, nerf, nerf approach. It's not the fact that they nerf things that's the problem, it's the fact that they take it too far.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

I'm going to have to disagree, i have horrendously bad memory and have to usually end up writing everything down and looking back and forth for every 3 letters or numbers. puzzle solving just slows down the combat and bores people like myself. quick reaction i more or less don't mind it but some people don't have adequate reaction times and are unable to improve upon that.

You know you didn't actually quote what I said, right? You just quoted what I quoted, but not my actual words.

On 2022-01-22 at 1:12 AM, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

DE always goes on about having a variety of choices yet a large portion of the stuff in the game is immensely overshadowed due to their nerf, nerf, nerf approach. It's not the fact that they nerf things that's the problem, it's the fact that they take it too far.

They haven't taken things too far, Kuva Bramma is still going badaboom despite the nerf or we wouldn't see anyone using it

It can still get a bit more nerf I'd say

6 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

They haven't taken things too far, Kuva Bramma is still going badaboom despite the nerf or we wouldn't see anyone using it

It can still get a bit more nerf I'd say

Meanwhile Itzal Wonders Why Nobody uses it Anymore.... 👀

And don't even get me Started on the "Altered" Helminth Abilities.... 😭

On 2022-01-23 at 9:59 AM, Lutesque said:

Meanwhile Itzal Wonders Why Nobody uses it Anymore.... 👀

And don't even get me Started on the "Altered" Helminth Abilities.... 😭

Itzal may have lower usage but giving all archwing blink were good thing.

On other hand not all Helminth's abilities are nerfed to the ground. Mirage has damage reduction decreased from 95% to 75%.

There exist H.Abilities like Dispensary where it's almost unusable without some kind of stats. Xaku's Grasp of Lohk nerf (disarming) makes it unusable (disarming part) for many players.

However there are things we cannot do a thing after nerf. Exodia contagion nerf just almost destroyed this Arcane for me. It was cumbersome to do (double of bullet jump) but you could do at least 2 shoots. Maybe Aerial Ace increased it but I haven't tested it. Now we can only shoot once... after freaking bullet/double jump. Vitrica is much simpler.

To be honest it’s not only DE that makes the game worse, sounds ironic posting on a community forum…but a large factor in this is the community.

This community expects the game to be different they way the want it, some want to get blasted into oblivion 10 times before they kill a lvl 10 moa because bloodborne was fun while others will pick up kuva zarr and end up complaining about end game.

The game got easier…imagine that now,I think around 70% of the playerbase are dependant on Youtube build guides and some of that percentage have no idea what those mods mean(including some super high MR players).

The only issues with DE is that they still can’t create an identity for Warframe, a system of clearing bugs,testing updates before releasing them and an actual communication method with the playerbase(other than puting tape over your face for an hour on stream while bribing people with some dumb IG contents)

We have a bunch of different game modes piled up over the core gameplay and none of them are finished or polished…even the core of the game is not polished.

It’s a great game but no matter how matter how much DE tries they will never please everyone…

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Xaku's Grasp of Lohk nerf (disarming) makes it unusable (disarming part) for many players.

Xaku doesn't Give Helminth Grasp Of Lok.... He Gives Xata's Whisper... 😱

45 minutes ago, (PSN)RuTweN said:

This community expects the game to be different they way the want it, some want to get blasted into oblivion 10 times before they kill a lvl 10 moa because bloodborne was fun while others will pick up kuva zarr and end up complaining about end game.

I doubted that's what the Majority of the Community is like.... Those Belly Acherz are just the Loud Minority.... 

They make the game Worse by Drowning out the Requests if what Normal People Want... 👀

45 minutes ago, (PSN)RuTweN said:

It’s a great game but no matter how matter how much DE tries they will never please everyone…

That's fine... They only need to Please The Majority + Add some Accessibility Features for those who Want Them.... Everybody who doesn't fit into those Two Categories will not Be Missed.... 😱

3 hours ago, (PSN)RuTweN said:

To be honest it’s not only DE that makes the game worse, sounds ironic posting on a community forum…but a large factor in this is the community.

The game got easier…imagine that now,I think around 70% of the playerbase are dependant on Youtube build guides and some of that percentage have no idea what those mods mean(including some super high MR players).

Is "large" part of fault really lies in the community? Sure, there are some stuffs that "we" are at fault. However DE likes players to buy their stuffs (that's obvious) but they use not so good methods - low drop chance, time gating and other stuffs similar stuffs. How we "fight" those methods? We want more power. Some are fine with running with Aquablades and melting enemies. Other people want to have more fun. But this fun is not easy to acquire at higher level content, hence they want more power. 

There are even stuffs that are boring, copy-paste (Sevagoth attacks; compare it to Baruuk's unique features) or not finished/buggy stuffs (Yareli/Merulina: cannot activate abilities while on Merulina, slam is clunky to do, no modding, riding Merulina just restricts you than gives you some interesting tools etc).

3 hours ago, (PSN)RuTweN said:

Do they even try? Last time they "talked" with us were with Xaku. Even then they put some "nerf" that some were against (GoL cannot disarm). After that I haven't seen "bigger talk". Best example? Holokeys. People wanted 100% chance to get small amount (even 1) per run. They put 100% holo to Sisters.

4 hours ago, quxier said:

Is "large" part of fault really lies in the community? Sure, there are some stuffs that "we" are at fault. However DE likes players to buy their stuffs (that's obvious) but they use not so good methods - low drop chance, time gating and other stuffs similar stuffs. How we "fight" those methods? We want more power. Some are fine with running with Aquablades and melting enemies. Other people want to have more fun. But this fun is not easy to acquire at higher level content, hence they want more power. 

There are even stuffs that are boring, copy-paste (Sevagoth attacks; compare it to Baruuk's unique features) or not finished/buggy stuffs (Yareli/Merulina: cannot activate abilities while on Merulina, slam is clunky to do, no modding, riding Merulina just restricts you than gives you some interesting tools etc).

Do they even try? Last time they "talked" with us were with Xaku. Even then they put some "nerf" that some were against (GoL cannot disarm). After that I haven't seen "bigger talk". Best example? Holokeys. People wanted 100% chance to get small amount (even 1) per run. They put 100% holo to Sisters.

Overall is 50/50 both community and De’s fault.People want challenge but if the content is a bit challenging or requieres the players to change their approach they ask DE for nerfs.

All DE did was to streamline everything to decrease the frustration:

-Modding: They are now releasing warframes that are straight forward to build and play and once you set them the only reason to go to warframe modding screen is to change arcanes.Just wait for Khora Prime release and wait for posts asking to change Khora’s whip to moddable because it’s too hard to mod properly and they can’t use the COBWEB weapon

-Weapons:If it’s aoe and has slash it’s top tier if not…does it has a gimmick?can that gimmick one shot? If not is thrash

-Enemy scaling:Decreased to make people feel better instead of finding sustainable solutions and base surviving on skill rather that killing mobs faster than they can react

If they go back and nerf something everyone will flood the forums and complain how much DE nerfs

And tbh in order to keep the game working  we will need some massive nerfs,being overpowered is fun but it’s boring at the end of the day

As I said warframe is missing an identity,DE can’t choose a path a follow it as they are loosing potential players and as a result revenue and community takes advantage of it

Warframe managed to do what other games try to avoid,give access to anyone to a nuke right at the start and them expect them to use much weaker options

8 hours ago, Lutesque said:

That's fine... They only need to Please The Majority + Add some Accessibility Features for those who Want Them.... Everybody who doesn't fit into those Two Categories will not Be Missed.... 😱

Haha. If the reactions to anything that doesn’t give more power is anything to go by, as well as things that give us more power, DE haven’t even been pleasing the majority 😛

I will openly admit that I didn't read this thread. I just wanted to respond to the first post.

It sounds a lot like you (the thread maker) just don't like how the meta has shifted. We were always powerful and always broken, and we're arguably more powerful than ever before. What has changed is how that power was achieved - which status you ran, which weapon types or weapons themselves you ran, which frames were considered good. Despite this we're still really strong.

You did make a lot of great points that deserve to be fixed, but that's where I'd stop. No matter how much you balance stuff, new metas will always emerge. I'd much rather DE focuses on fixing everything for a while instead, which is long overdue. Maybe they can use the time to think of better balancing too.

Anyway that's all I got. Sorry if I missed something important.

12 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Xaku doesn't Give Helminth Grasp Of Lok.... He Gives Xata's Whisper... 😱

My bad if it sounded like GoL is Helminth ability. Sorry for that.

4 hours ago, (PSN)RuTweN said:

-Weapons:If it’s aoe and has slash it’s top tier if not…does it has a gimmick?can that gimmick one shot? If not is thrash

-Enemy scaling:Decreased to make people feel better instead of finding sustainable solutions and base surviving on skill rather that killing mobs faster than they can react

And why is that? It's not our fault that we want challenge and versatility and they give us that ^^.

-Modding: They are now releasing warframes that are straight forward to build and play and once you set them the only reason to go to warframe modding screen is to change arcanes.

Yareli were like this, I guess. However I think it was DE fault for doing lazy job. You could hear about modable Merulina & Helmint's abilities on Merulina issue. Still no fix.

Sevagoth is little like this. His melee is some random animations.

There are frames have some config that you can use. However they are still limited.

Whole modding section is the same moding system with "small" changes since at least few years. Some of mods or sets are rarely worth putting (little subjectivity). Half of my mod is for health/flow/speed.

Forma'ing is issue as well. It prevents you to change your builds. Again, community posted some suggestion but no change from DE.

I don't think whole issue with "straight forward builds" lies 50/50 on player if player there is above issues.

Just wait for Khora Prime release and wait for posts asking to change Khora’s whip to moddable because it’s too hard to mod properly and they can’t use the COBWEB weapon

Changing to moddable weapons, like Khora's whipe or moddable vehicles like Yareli's Merulina is QOL fixes. It's good thing. It's not that we cannot use "stick melee". It's just we want to use both or we are changing weapons often and we want whole "frame package" in one place.

And tbh in order to keep the game working  we will need some massive nerfs,being overpowered is fun but it’s boring at the end of the day

Both sides needs some balances. Or rather 3 - including loot drops. Some stuffs are overpowered other are underpowered. Enemies are like this as well. Loots should be looked at. It's RIDICULOUS that you can play for hours and get nothing. It's even worse when you cannot buy stuffs for plat (e.g. tenet melees).

As I said warframe is missing an identity,DE can’t choose a path a follow it as they are loosing potential players and as a result revenue and community takes advantage of it

In my opinion, DE can still bring you some goods.... but they need to work it. At least it should be more than pretty graphics or sounds.

5 hours ago, (PSN)RuTweN said:

People want challenge but if the content is a bit challenging or requires the players to change their approach they ask DE for nerfs.

Bullet sponges don't mean challenge. Recent issues with New War and people get stuck on certain fights for month is like you said. People find those fights hard but I wonder if it's high % of players. I heard it's small because they haven't "fixed" it yet.

5 hours ago, (PSN)RuTweN said:

Warframe managed to do what other games try to avoid,give access to anyone to a nuke right at the start and them expect them to use much weaker options

Sometimes it feels like players want to use a few builds and then have the entire game balanced around them.

Something about preserving player progress. I dunno; there’s some sort of vague community-established idea that an extreme power build is all that we’re supposed to strive for even as the game doesn’t ask for an extreme power build All The Time

27 minutes ago, quxier said:And why is that? It's not our fault that we want challenge and versatility and they give us that ^^.

Changing to moddable weapons, like Khora's whipe or moddable vehicles like Yareli's Merulina is QOL fixes. It's good thing. It's not that we cannot use "stick melee". It's just we want to use both or we are changing weapons often and we want whole "frame package" in one place.

I think it’s different Khora has another design philosophy in mind same with gara and Atlas.They use their weapons as a tradeoff for a highly spammable skill that can output more than the weapons can do on their own…and is fine it’s an amazing design as you literally have no situation where using your melee is better than using those skills.

But getting back on the communitiy topic,no one wants to trade something or read  about a skill to understand what’s best.

”We want power and we want it now” that’s the motto…Last xaku and caliban are more or less the same as DE tries to get a pattern that makes people happy with new frames…If Atlas would be released today 80% of the current playerbase will be crying on forums or subsume it in the next second.

Overall the community got lazier and expects more power while demanding challenging content(but no bullet sponges or status immune enmies or invulnerability phases) without researching or work for it.When you give that much power this is the only difficulty that you can add from a developer standpoint.

And tbh,New War was so stupidly easy but you give that kind of content to a community that plays wukong with zarr for a living and suddenly they can get one shotted as they can’t pay atenttion to the visual ques from a mile away i’m sorry I hope fighting archons will be a mastery test in the future

And don’t get me I don’t consider DE any better as they act like headless chickens and do changes without any logic or communication or taking into account any feedback but to see them as the only ones guilty it’s a bit too much.

The game keeps getting better and better for me. It's almost crazy how much more I like it after each update. Even experiencing some frustration during a couple of the New War missions, it didn't impact my overall enjoyment of the game; quite the opposite. Every time I poke around I find a new rabbit hole to explore. Really at this point I think I'd have to rate this as the best game I've ever played. Nerfs here or bugs there don't bother me; I barely notice. 

On 2022-01-05 at 3:20 PM, Traumtulpe said:

There are so many things in this game that are broken, unfinished, ineffective, and above all bugged. And with every update there are more. You can report severe bugs with videos and all, and watch them not be fixed 2 years later.

To be fair, they also are often fixing many bugs too. Patchnotes usually have more bug fixes then anything else. 

And when something finally does get changed, it doesn't get fixed or improved, it gets deleted or made worse.

I'm not even trying to be mean here, it's my honest impression.

Granted its anecdotal, but it does seem like a harsh take. Ill argue that many things changed are for the better. For example, The changes to support frames/healing abilities and objectives for one. Yes, vazarin got hit hard for healing objectives, but now every frame minus garuda can heal objectives. 

Take for example status types - in the past we used Slash, Viral, Corrosive, Blast, Gas, sometimes Cold, Radiation or Toxin.

This is disingenuous. In the past we used corrosive and slash. Thats it. Slash for corpus, corrosive for grineer/corrupted, and either worked fine for infested. Gas was used when it was broken with stealth multipliers and Mag bubbles. I remembered being laughed at for my perma Cc blast ignis build. Viral was a meme status, because even half enemy hp was worthless compared to the 100% strip corrosive gave, and minus the hema no weapon could do both corrosive/viral. Toxin and Cold were weak damage types, and Rad was occasionally used but very rare. 

Slash, Corrosive, Blast, Gas, Cold, and Toxin have all been nerfed heavily. Heat and Viral have been buffed. As a direct consequence, Blast, Gas and Cold are no longer used, and Corrosive only at low levels. Instead we use Heat, but mostly only at low levels as well. A net -3 to variety.

I don't see how this made anything better. I liked using Blast for CC, Cold for increasing status duration, and Gas for damage.

Slash was given a slap on the wrist. It no longer bypassing shields is meaningless when toxin got heavily buffed to ignore shields instead. Corrosive was nerfed, blast was gutted, cold got buffed, and as mentioned toxin got a great change. 

Because Cold, blast, radiation and gas were rarely used, theyre changes are neutral to gameplay. Regardless of the changes, they stayed at the bottom of the pack (blast/cold) or as niche use cases (gas/rad). 

Viral skyrocketed in use, heat got a nice change and toxin too. Corrosive was nerfed, and slash was nerfed but still top tier. Id say we got a net +2 statuses then. 

Also i dont remember cold increasing status duration, and even if it did the only status effect of note was corrosive, which was permanent. 

Or how about melee weapons? The list of nerfs they received is near endless. Momentum (knockdown resistance) deleted. Opening enemies to finishers deleted.

You can still open enemies to finishers

Attack speed reduced.

Barely, and it was only with mods, no base attack speeds were reduced 

Damage reduced like 3 times already.

And yet melee still reigns supreme with weapons like the Glaive and Stropha. Only max range AoE kill faster and only for a bit before that damage falls off. 

Meta mods effectively deleted.

Examples?

Many forced procs deleted. Many good stances deleted and replaced with worse ones. Line of sight check added. Range reduced.

It doesn't feel fun anymore, being locked into slow and awkward animations for no payoff. Just use an explosive weapon - no animation lock, far greater range and kills through walls.

Yea Im not personally a fan of many of the stances changes (rip wise razor). I don’t hate the thought process behind the changes, and some stance are still quite good (like tempo royale), but as a whole some of the decisions made were lacking. I don’t notice the LoS changes tbh, but I also mainly use short range weapons so maybe thats why. also range was a whole was increased for weapons, and reach was made a flat value which was a good thing for ~95% if weapons. 

And, again, during all this time that melee got nerfed again and again and again, did DE even fix any bugs it had? Any at all?

yes. Again, check patch notes. More bug fixes then anything else. 

Because there are a lot (and I mean A LOT) that I remember from 1 or 2 years back, that are STILL there. Condition Overload, it got nerfed, but it's still bugged.

How? 

Glaives, got nerfed, but are still bugged. You still can't heavy attack while wielding a gun (you could for a while, but it was horribly bugged - so DE deleted the feature instead of fixing the bug).

I dont remember this issue but I havent used a glaive in a while so id have to pick then back up and try. 

Or what about all those stances that don't have a complete moveset? 2 or 3 combos out of 4 being the exact same doesn't strike you as something worth fixing in years?

This annoys me heavily as well, especially stances like crimson dervish or any polearm. 

How about a backwards combo? How about some free movement on the forward combo, or no janky forced movements on the neutral ones?

When they redid stances they wanted then to be always moving forward, either by player choice or stance choice. Idk why tbh, I think neutrals should also let you stand still to an extent. 

How about heavy attacks that can actually hit an enemy right in front of you (yep, some can't do that)?

*looks at daggers*

Feel free to disagree or have a discussion, or make useless remarks a'la "just leave if you don't like it". How long can you go on deleting features while adding bugs? Won't there be nothing but bugs left at some point?

Archived