The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it just me, or is DE making the game worse instead of better?

Traumtulpe

22 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Humanity can overcome anything. Even if we deal 1 damage per hit and they 1 shot us, it is still possible for victory. 

Possible, but is it what you or this community really want?

22 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Quality, as in flawless DELIVERY. Challenge as in enemies and bosses that always require you to think differently, keep you engaged and to keep you IMMERSED. 

You ask a flawless delivery on a free game? Are you sure you're not asking too much when so many paid games have insanely messy or disappointing delivery like Cyberpunk? As for challenge? It's purely numerical and end up with enemies having higher numbers than you, be it attack, defense, speed and health and big words for someone who was against viral and slash nerf because they're needed to deal with Steel Path

On 2022-01-07 at 4:53 AM, Joezone619 said:

Railjack certainly needs yet another rework, and i'm no fan of kuva/tenet weapons, the new war was fun, but again, forced necramechs.

I'd say they've been making things worse for a while, but recently they've clearly been trying to improve their update quality. As long as they start listening to what their community wants from these updates, they should be fine.

The problem is the community is polarized. I, for example, LOVE railjack, LOVE the new kuva/tenet weapons and enjoyed my Bonewidow coming through for the win. Our differences alone means that DE can't listen to us 95% of the time. 

I think DE should ignore our suggestions in 2022 and keep pushing forward with the story and updates BASED OFF OF THEIR VISION. After the year is up, then they could tally up our ideas, see where they fit and go from their.

5 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

The problem is the community is polarized. I, for example, LOVE railjack, LOVE the new kuva/tenet weapons and enjoyed my Bonewidow coming through for the win. Our differences alone means that DE can't listen to us 95% of the time. 

I think DE should ignore our suggestions in 2022 and keep pushing forward with the story and updates BASED OFF OF THEIR VISION. After the year is up, then they could tally up our ideas, see where they fit and go from their.

The problem is simpler. 

The game is TENCENT'enced and DE is going to be Konami'zised. The game is heading towards portable phones. Could this be the end of it? No it will mean a lot of money for the company DE and money for Tencent. However the game will evolve around portable phones. This will be the lowest common denominator for development or the 'floor' or lower bound hardware considered during the development phase. 

It's not the same developing Horizon Zero 2 to PS5/ps4 than developing a cross platform title to cell phones and PS5. My interest as a "Game" changed with this project called Warframe. Now I see this as a filler time between great title launches. 

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

The problem is simpler. 

The game is TENCENT'enced and DE is going to be Konami'zised. The game is heading towards portable phones. Could this be the end of it? No it will mean a lot of money for the company DE and money for Tencent. However the game will evolve around portable phones. This will be the lowest common denominator for development or the 'floor' or lower bound hardware considered during the development phase. 

It's not the same developing Horizon Zero 2 to PS5/ps4 than developing a cross platform title to cell phones and PS5. My interest as a "Game" changed with this project called Warframe. Now I see this as a filler time between great title launches. 

What "great" title launches may I ask?

Also-the fact that you keep coming back to Warframe means it's awesome and getting better. I don't understand how people seem to use "Warframe is a filler" as a way to say the game isn't that good. It's the exact opposite, especially if you've already put in 100s/1000s of hours after playing for years. If DE reads that, they feel like they're doing everything right. Because what you're really saying is "I always come back to Warframe. The new content keeps me engaged and stays fresh, always giving my something to do while great title launches lose their luster" 

7 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Although I am not a huge fan of Railjack and does NOT like Kuva/Tenet weapon systems, This is absolutely correct. 

There was a time a lot of players are asking  this or that to be CANCELLED because they don’t like it. DE agreed too and destroyed COUNTLESS weapons and meta items many players enjoyed. That drove away many players who never come back.

Instead of canceling and deleting contents “some” players dislike, any game developer should work on creating new contents and keeping mechanics liked by players. 

31 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What "great" title launches may I ask?

This. 

This. 

Have you played a great game before? If not begin with the following list: 

1. Horizon Zero Dawn. 

2. Spider Man/Spider Man Miles Morales. 

3. Batman Arkham Knight. 

4. Titan Fall 2. 

5. Sekiro, BloodBorne, Dark Soul I II III, Daemon Souls  

6. No Man Sky. 

7, Ratchet and Clank

8. God of War IV

It is important that you never lose track of what great games are. If you don't know, please review the archives and ask for further help on such subject. ^^

Also-the fact that you keep coming back to Warframe means it's awesome and getting better.

The fact that I have more fun talking here more than the game itself says everything. 

Getting better? Well once the game reaches the portable phones the progress will be slower. There will be progress but my interest will be way lower. I will eventually move away from the game if something better appear in this GAAS F2P genre. Right now I'm having a lot of fun with Halo Infinite. 

I don't understand how people seem to use "Warframe is a filler"

It is a filler between great title launches. This is just a Vanity Project and it will remain that way for year to come. Warframe NEVER WAS A GAME. If DE decides to invest 200 millions in it probably it will be. But the future of this will end up on cell phones, potatoes. 

as a way to say the game isn't that good.

The game is not that good. Sorry. The game is AVERAGE. 

Realty check. Tough world isn't it. ;3

It's the exact opposite, especially if you've already put in 100s/1000s of hours after playing for years.

I spent more time on Overwatch and Titan Fall 2 than Warframe. Time spent in a game doesn't make it great. As I said, this project is a filler between great launches. 

If DE reads that, they feel like they're doing everything right.

Yes they did. They did an average GAAS F2P game. It entertains. On that regard the project provides entertainment and money.

Quality, that's something else. DE is allergic to that word. They will stop being allergic if DE invests in quality and so Tencent. Now they have money. There is no excuse. 

Because what you're really saying is "I always come back to Warframe.

Yes with a different perspective. Right now the project will be reduced to cell phones, a lower category. 

The new content keeps me engaged and stays fresh, always giving my something to do while great title launches lose their luster" 

The new content at least provides a life to the GAAS F2P experience. Quality, that depends if DE and Tencent are interested in quality. 

The quality bar will be raised again by Sony with Horizon Zero Dawn 2. I'm sure the game will score over 90. 

20 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

This. 

This. 

Have you played a great game before? If not begin with the following list: 

1. Horizon Zero Dawn. 

2. Spider Man/Spider Man Miles Morales. 

3. Batman Arkham Knight. 

4. Titan Fall 2. 

5. Sekiro, BloodBorne, Dark Soul I II III, Daemon Souls  

6. No Man Sky. 

7, Ratchet and Clank

8. God of War IV

It is important that you never lose track of what great games are. If you don't know, please review the archives and ask for further help on such subject. ^^

(...)

The quality bar will be raised again by Sony with Horizon Zero Dawn 2. I'm sure the game will score over 90. 

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Are you serious? I'm about to fall for this bait but I'm refusing to believe this is real

47 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

LMFAO 

Preferences. 

47 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Are you serious? I'm about to fall for this bait but I'm refusing to believe this is real

You consider Horizon Zero Forbidden West an average game? 

Let us put that theory to a test, shall we. 

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/horizon-zero-dawn 89/100

Game over. 

19 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Preferences. 

You consider Horizon Zero Forbidden West an average game? 

Let us put that theory to a test, shall we. 

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/horizon-zero-dawn 89/100

Game over. 

I've completed HZD with 100%. I like the game, but it is an average game. The plot is not great, NPCs are forgettable, Alloy dialogue choices doesn't impact the game at all besides some characters appearing in the final battle or not. I've enjoyed it tho, but I wouldn't play it again. DLC was... meh, basically the main quest but condensed and in the snow.

Also, do you really believe that "online scores" for games are somehow an argument? LMFAO

Keep thinking that "great games" are generic AAA games, that's your choice, but trying to lecture someone on "great games" mentioning only "best of ps4" games of the past few years is just silly or a bait. 

IN fact, the only trully great game there it's TF2 and, maybe, Sekiro. All the rest is hot overhyped garbage or average games.

It's hilarious how some people act like they play Warframe as a favor to DE. 

With all the options out there, why continually come back to a game that's "not that good"? It's because you want to

To be honest, sometimes I can't wait to get tired of Warframe so I can go find my other "go to" game, but DE keeps evolving the game and keeping me hooked. They're doing something right.

I've played several other GaaS games, and as much as I've enjoyed them, after a year or two i stop playing. It's usually because those games don't evolve much, and just give more of the same. DE does thing thing where it's like "WTF?" Yet I still keep playing because the change is just wild and keeps the overall experience fresh and worthy of discussion. It's also easy to get back into after a break and not feel left behind. That's by design. 

7 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I've completed HZD with 100%. I like the game, but it is an average game.

Yes idiocy and stupidity may be considered valid answers in this generation. But stupidity is not a right in any society or generation. I'm talking in general terms. Your post is not this case. Your case is a good trolling attempt. I will interpret that answer as a good entertaining trolling attempt.

For example, let me prove why your post is trolling: 

The plot is not great, NPCs are forgettable, Alloy dialogue choices doesn't impact the game at all besides some characters appearing in the final battle or not. I've enjoyed it tho, but I wouldn't play it again. DLC was... meh, basically the main quest but condensed and in the snow.

Warframe dialogue choices doesn't impact the game, your point? 

More trolling that is humorous. 

Check. 

Let me prove why:

Also, do you really believe that "online scores" for games are somehow an argument? LMFAO

Third troll attempt. 

Check. 

Do you think that your opinion holds more weight than a consensus of reviews and players opinion that was collected over time? 

Keep thinking that "great games" are generic AAA games,

Elden Ring Generic? 

Spider Man Generic? 

Batman Arkham Knight Generic?

Fourth trolling attempt. 

Check. 

that's your choice, but trying to lecture someone on "great games" mentioning only "best of ps4" games of the past few years is just silly or a bait. 

It is called sarcasm and a condescending tone on purpose. More over my post was so strong that literally forced you type two posts reacting to my post. 

Don't confuse that, sir. :3

IN fact, the only trully great game there it's TF2 and, maybe, Sekiro. All the rest is hot overhyped garbage or average games.

Yes, more funny trolling as usual. Thank you for entertaining me this much. 

Let me prove that. 

Fifth trolling attempt. 

Check. 

Please continue on.  

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It's hilarious how some people act like they play Warframe as a favor to DE. 

It's hilarious that people consider Warframe as a great game when it is not even a game in the strict sense. It is good entertainment. That's it.  

With all the options out there, why continually come back to a game that's "not that good"? 

Filler. Entertainment between great game launches. A hobby and a good coffee break between friends who enjoys mindless fun. 

To be honest, sometimes I can't wait to get tired of Warframe so I can go find my other "go to" game, but DE keeps evolving the game and keeping me hooked. They're doing something right.

If you enjoy phone games you can stay here as much you want. 

"This tomb is now yours." :3

DE does thing thing where it's like "WTF?"

Grinding for ten years Warframes, items and weapons. 

Yep. Innovation right there. ;3

Yet I still keep playing because the change is just wild and keeps the overall experience fresh and worthy of discussion. It's also easy to get back into after a break and not feel left behind. That's by design. 

Those are personal preferences. I can't question those. 

5 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Yes idiocy and stupidity may be considered valid answers in this generation. But stupidity is not a right in any society or generation. I'm talking in general terms. Your post is not this case. Your case is a good trolling attempt. I will interpret that answer as a good entertaining trolling attempt.

Check. 

Let me prove why:

Third troll attempt. 

Check. 

Do you think that your opinion holds more weight than a consensus of reviews and players opinion that was collected over time? 

Elden Ring Generic? 

Spider Man Generic? 

Fourth trolling attempt. 

Check. 

It is called sarcasm and a condescending tone on purpose. More over my post was so strong that literally forced you type two posts reacting to my post. 

Don't confuse that, sir. :3

Yes, more funny trolling as usual. Thank you for entertaining me this much. 

Let me prove that. 

Fifth trolling attempt. 

Check. 

Please continue on.  

If you weren't such a frequent commenter here, this wouldn't be as funny.

On 2022-01-05 at 4:25 PM, Felsagger said:

Literally that MAKES the game worse. 

I agree with what you are saying but what about the classical tradition in video games like aiming skill, memory, puzzle solving and quick reaction. 

EVERY GENERATION LOVES THAT. EVERY GENERATION LOVES RISKS and when things are AT STAKES. Why all of the sudden DE dumbs down their own game when EVEN THE YOUNGER GENERATIONS applauds when Master Chief learns his lesson in Halo Infinite. 

Besides phone games not necessarily needs to be dumb in order to sell. Quality delivers in every medium. 

Here's the thing: Warframe has never been that kind of game. It's laughable to suggest that DE is moving away from that, when it's never been that to begin with. It's always been very shallow gameplay-wise. What the game needs, imo, is a remake, because the current game is a spaghetti-code mess that can't be cleaned up. Warframe needs deeper, more robust gameplay mechanics, drawing from the best third person shooters and action games so that it has gameplay that does require aiming skill and quick reaction. I don't care about puzzle solving, because that's a distraction from solid core gameplay mechanics. DE needs to learn from the giants in the first/third person shooter and action-adventure genres. As long as DE is unwilling to do that, and to hire the talent necessary to make it happen, whatever DE puts out will fall flat.

25 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I can say the same about your pots but don't worry. I come here to just talk about video games. :3

But this isn't a forum about "video games" it's about Warframe.

Your post are funny to me because you claim to have all these great options, yet you're here time and time again. You're probably a higher MR than me. 

8 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

But this isn't a forum about "video games" it's about Warframe.

You are being nice and generous calling Warframe a video game. Such a generous man. 

In a video game forum we speak about games and we compare games with each other and discuss the attributes of these games in comparison to Warframe. 

That's a license that I have. 

8 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Your post are funny to me because you claim to have all these great options, yet you're here time and time again. You're probably a higher MR than me. 

I can't comment on something if I don't have the full experience. I am in a position to do so because of my experience with the GAAS game. 

This is how logic works. 

33 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

With all the options out there, why continually come back to a game that's "not that good"? It's because you want to

Do we really have many options to pick from?

I'm melee guy. I love seeing and using different types of melees or in different way. Parkour is huge factor as well.

I've finished all 4 Prince of persia. In some combats are better in some parkour. I enjoyed them a lot. I've finished Mirror's edge. Nice parkour but combat isn't great. First Assassin Creed - good combat for low number of enemies and "ok" parkour. Bloodrayne - good combat as fair I remember.

There are probably few I've forgotten but there aren't many games with interesting melee combat and/or parkour. At least not one that could run on my PC.

WF has a lot of stuffs even not "that good" that we can still enjoy (e.g. I like riding on Ghoulsaw). There are few things that are still somehow enjoyable but It's more like addiction. And WF still runs on my machine.

Ok, I'm gonna take the bait:

27 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

IDK what are you talking about, but I'm interpreting this as you calling me stupid because I don't like your overhyped garbage AAA generic third person over the shoulder sony game. I don't like jumping into conclusions, so I'll wait for an explanation.

What's your point with this? Are workflow tricks or technology somehow related to the quality of a game? Fear & Hunger it's an RPG maker game and it's far more better and compelling than this game. Fuynny things is that I've already watched those GDC videos, because I'm always looking for postmortems to improve.

Check. 

But warframe is not a single player story driven game. Why I would expect dialogues having an impact on it? HZD is a single player story driven RPG open world game. Of course I'm gonna expcet that dialogues have some value, since I cannot get another experience in game without that. Have you played Fallout New Vegas? I guess not, otherwise you wouldn't think this is a "great game" compared to a  trully great (legendary at this point) game. Key thing for New Vegas was that dialogues have impact in your character and the world around it. It's the bare minimum for a single player game, since the whole replayability value resides there. And I'm comparing it specifically to New Vegas since they took similar approachs: Post apocaliptic game, Open world RPG, variety of combat choices and story driven.

Let me prove why:

Third troll attempt. 

Check. 

I don't need a video, I thouhgt that stating "I've 100% this game" was enough to let you know that I know this game very deep. I like open world games and I'm a completionist. The lore is literally explained on the entries (and mroe so on the locations from the dude that worked on the system to store memories). The lore is not great but average. The metallic flowers poems were nice tho.

Yes, because it's my opinion, of course it has more value than others for me, same as your opinion having more vlaue for you than mine. What's next, the sky is blue?

Elden Ring Generic? 

Spider Man Generic? 

Fourth trolling attempt. 

Check. 

Yes: Elden ring is literally Sekiro open world mixed with Dark Souls. The fact that they abbandoned other projects to favor this just shows that they are milking the cow until it's empty. Same setting, same mechanics, same art direction as their other souls games.

Yes? Have you played other spiderman game in your life? They are all the same since snes.

Yes? Third person games with "Assassins creed"-like combat were notoriously famous between 2010-2015. Not great at all. but if you like capeS#&$ stuff it's understandable to miss that.

*tips fedora*

In fact, I don't wknow what's your obsession over sony games. It's ps4 your first console? It's the first time you've played a video game?

34 minutes ago, OniDax said:

Here's the thing: Warframe has never been that kind of game.

Then why we have a Kuria puzzle poem searching for such little statutes? 

Then why we have lots of puzzles on hidden rooms in the new Gas Giant Tile Set? 

I think DE devotes a LOT of time into puzzles and hidden items. Yes, puzzle solving happens in Warframe. It is not incidental. 

It's laughable to suggest that DE is moving away from that, when it's never been that to begin with. It's always been very shallow gameplay-wise.

They have lots of puzzles hidden in the game. Of course it is not the priority but they showed a lot of those puzzle game play in the last quest. 

What the game needs, imo, is a remake, because the current game is a spaghetti-code mess that can't be cleaned up. Warframe needs deeper, more robust gameplay mechanics, drawing from the best third person shooters and action games so that it has gameplay that does require aiming skill and quick reaction.

We both agree on this. 

19 minutes ago, quxier said:

Do we really have many options to pick from?

I'm melee guy. I love seeing and using different types of melees or in different way. Parkour is huge factor as well.

I've finished all 4 Prince of persia. In some combats are better in some parkour. I enjoyed them a lot. I've finished Mirror's edge. Nice parkour but combat isn't great. First Assassin Creed - good combat for low number of enemies and "ok" parkour. Bloodrayne - good combat as fair I remember.

There are probably few I've forgotten but there aren't many games with interesting melee combat and/or parkour. At least not one that could run on my PC.

WF has a lot of stuffs even not "that good" that we can still enjoy (e.g. I like riding on Ghoulsaw). There are few things that are still somehow enjoyable but It's more like addiction. And WF still runs on my machine.

Do you consider Warframe a game that's not good?

My comment was addressed to people that don't think Warframe is a good game, yet feel compelled to play it for 1000s of hours. 

I've never forced myself to play a game I didn't consider good. I just can't relate to that mindset. 

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

Ok, I'm gonna take the bait:

Your choice. I'm not obliging you to do it.. :3

IDK what are you talking about, but I'm interpreting this as you calling me stupid because I don't like your overhyped garbage AAA generic third person over the shoulder sony game. I don't like jumping into conclusions, so I'll wait for an explanation.

Wrong. I'm not calling you by those names. The post is clear. Don't try to take offence when there is none. 

You have preferences. If you call garbage my list of games, that's perfectly fine. The tier list that I chose has the highest standards. It's not randomly selected like your trolling funny attempts. These games proved their worth in a consensus. These games aged well. 

The average score of these games are 90 or greater. If we consider indie game then the list is bigger like Fez, Manifold Garden, the witness and so on.. I do understand if you don't like my list of games. Those are my preferences based on a consensus that consider such game as high quality. 

You are free to question those standards with arguments other than personal opinions. 

What's your point with this? Are workflow tricks or technology somehow related to the quality of a game?

Yes. It's always THIS way. 

See Insomniac's performance. 

Fear & Hunger it's an RPG maker game and it's far more better and compelling than this game. Fuynny things is that I've already watched those GDC videos, because I'm always looking for postmortems to improve.

Personal opinion. I can't argue those. 

But warframe is not a single player story driven game. Why I would expect dialogues having an impact on it? HZD is a single player story driven RPG open world game. Of course I'm gonna expcet that dialogues have some value, since I cannot get another experience in game without that. Have you played Fallout New Vegas? I guess not, otherwise you wouldn't think this is a "great game" compared to a  trully great (legendary at this point) game. Key thing for New Vegas was that dialogues have impact in your character and the world around it. It's the bare minimum for a single player game, since the whole replayability value resides there. And I'm comparing it specifically to New Vegas since they took similar approachs: Post apocaliptic game, Open world RPG, variety of combat choices and story driven.

HZD > Fall out New Vegas. 

That's not even for debate. 

Next. 

I don't need a video, I thouhgt that stating "I've 100% this game" was enough to let you know that I know this game very deep. I like open world games and I'm a completionist. The lore is literally explained on the entries (and mroe so on the locations from the dude that worked on the system to store memories). The lore is not great but average. The metallic flowers poems were nice tho.

These are personal opinions. I can't argue those. 

Problem is that the Writing of Horizon Zero Dawn is light years better than Warframe lore. 

I don't even need to explain why. Of course both lore are interesting on themselves but we have to put Warframe on its place. 

Yes, because it's my opinion, of course it has more value than others for me, same as your opinion having more vlaue for you than mine. What's next, the sky is blue?

Problem with this statement is that I use evidence and proof. You don't. Your opinion IS NOT a valid source. 

Sorry. 

Yes: Elden ring is literally Sekiro open world mixed with Dark Souls. The fact that they abbandoned other projects to favor this just shows that they are milking the cow until it's empty. Same setting, same mechanics, same art direction as their other souls games.

Have you played the game? 

No.

Ok, next. 

Yes? Have you played other spiderman game in your life? They are all the same since snes.

A funny trolling attempt. 

Check. This one is hilarious. 

The web mechanics attach to buildings. Download and play the game. You will know why your post is hilarious. 

*tips fedora*

In fact, I don't wknow what's your obsession over sony games. It's ps4 your first console? It's the first time you've played a video game?

Obsession? Well I have an 'obsession' with great games. I have a pS5, PC and PS4. Eventually I'll sell away a PS4 since I don't need it much.  

Silly me. :3

15 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Do you consider Warframe a game that's not good?

Correct. 

It's good entertainment. It's good for what it offers as a GAAS F2P game and is a good filler. It's an average game that will continue being average but it serves the purpose of providing entertainment for us, provide money to Tencent and DE. 

We need to put things on the respective place. As I said everything is 50/50. 

My comment was addressed to people that don't think Warframe is a good game, yet feel compelled to play it for 1000s of hours. 

Because I have entertainment with my friends and clan mates. I play this game, overwatch and many other PvE, PvP games. It's a good community of players. 

I've never forced myself to play a game I didn't consider good. I just can't relate to that mindset. 

I play games that provides some fun and I play games that ARE really good. I play games in general. However I know what is A GREAT game and what is an AVERAGE game. 

See? 

Archived