Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I sell my Rifle Riven Mod Veiled or Unveiled?

Redninja25

Question

11 answers to this question

Sell it veiled.

It's a gamble, you could get a meta weapon and increase the value of it by a lot, or even get a meta weapon with amazing stats netting you thousands of plat.

You could also get a weapon nobody cares about with terrible stats (are much more likely outcome as the pool of meta weapons is much smaller than "the rest"), which would lower the value tremendously and you'd have a hard time selling it.

1 hour ago, Redninja25 said:

Should I sell my Rifle Riven Mod Veiled or Unveiled?

That's Up to you...

There's no Right Answer... Only a willingness to Either Gamble on the Riven yourself or to give that Privelage to someone else... Only you can decide which you prefer and you'l never know which Decision was the right one.... 👀

(The forums don't like photos, so here's my riven: 

xZt9l4k_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Embed 😭 !!!

Hi, I'm a relatively new player, I have been playing for about a month.

I've gotten into trading for plat, and I have a Riven mod I want to sell. Only problem is that I'm debating if I should unveil it and then sell it. Any advice?

(The forums don't like photos, so here's my riven: https://imgur.com/a/QK9amG0 )

As a new player ur not gonna be able to deal with that. Might as well sell it to someone who can for like 45p

It's the same riven, but you are selling two different things (veiled/unveiled).

When you're selling it veiled, you are basically selling a lottery ticket. The buyer will unveil it, hoping for a "good" weapon (one that he/she wants and/or one with high market value). The price of veiled rivens is fairly constant, varying more between weapon/riven types than within the same type. A couple of years ago melee rivens were higher priced than rifle (with shotgun rivens even higher and pistol rivens even lower), that has now changed with how the game has changed.

When you are selling it unveiled it is a "product", with a value that can be somewhat "defined" (by checking market prices) and with the option of improving that value (by using kuva to roll it for new stats).

For you, as the seller, it is a basic risk/reward situation. If you unveil a riven and get an unpopular weapon it will have less value than as still veiled. If it is a potentially powerful weapon (some of the most powerful weapon-riven combinations in the game are quite "unpopular") and you have enough kuva you can chance to improve it's value by rolling new better stats.

Though riven trading is now a part of the game, rivens were not designed for trading (rather for making it interesting to actually play the game). Quite a few players consider the whole riven system as destructive/insane/dumb, mostly due to the trading. So you could also consider the option of actually using it and having fun with it yourself. Personally I hate the riven trade but like tinkering with rivens and weapons, so I like the system from a weapon viewpoint but also think the current implementation sucks (the arbitrary max limit for rivens is simply idiotic and the trading system sucks big time and allows for all kinds of schyster-traders to scam and scheme).

The high plat values for rivens are simply silly, an effect of human hubris rather than any real value. There is also the illogical aspect of paying money (if one considers plat = real money) to end your interest in playing Warframe quicker. That is basically what happens when you buy expensive META-rivens, you increase your power to outer limits possible which results in less challenge, which translates into less interest and incentive to play. And this for a game you actually like to play, and with content that can keep you going for years otherwise. But then we humans are a lot of dumb f*ckers, aren't we.

Everyone else has already given great answers. 

Do you personally like using Rivens? Do you think you can unveil this Riven? If you are still new, and you don't care for Rivens, you will only have so much Riven space, and buying more Riven slots is relatively expensive, like 60 Plat for 3 slots. So you could sell this Veiled, free up space, that will eventually get filled up again. Especially if you keep playing. If you are playing for a month, then you probably don't even know that we have a Gift of the Lotus most months, that will give some type of Riven, plus then there are the Sorties, then Teshin's Store and then Riven Slivers... Basically there are a lot of ways to get Rivens. 

However if you like Rivens, the idea of them, could always unveil it and see if its for a weapon you like. Main issue though if its neither for a gun you like, or its for an unpopular weapon, selling might be an issue, as less demand, less interest. Alternatively, my first Unveiled Riven was for the Bramma, a really popular weapon, I could have sold for a lot of Plat. 

Therein lies the gamble. You will eventually get more Rivens though. Personally, I kept Rivens for myself and sold Warframe parts for Plat, but if you don't care about Rivens, then not a bad move to sell them, veiled or unveiled.

Good luck! 

6 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Everyone else has already given great answers. 

Do you personally like using Rivens? Do you think you can unveil this Riven? If you are still new, and you don't care for Rivens, you will only have so much Riven space, and buying more Riven slots is relatively expensive, like 60 Plat for 3 slots. So you could sell this Veiled, free up space, that will eventually get filled up again. Especially if you keep playing. If you are playing for a month, then you probably don't even know that we have a Gift of the Lotus most months, that will give some type of Riven, plus then there are the Sorties, then Teshin's Store and then Riven Slivers... Basically there are a lot of ways to get Rivens. 

However if you like Rivens, the idea of them, could always unveil it and see if its for a weapon you like. Main issue though if its neither for a gun you like, or its for an unpopular weapon, selling might be an issue, as less demand, less interest. Alternatively, my first Unveiled Riven was for the Bramma, a really popular weapon, I could have sold for a lot of Plat. 

Therein lies the gamble. You will eventually get more Rivens though. Personally, I kept Rivens for myself and sold Warframe parts for Plat, but if you don't care about Rivens, then not a bad move to sell them, veiled or unveiled.

Good luck! 

Yeah, I know Gift of the Lotus. Maybe I shouldn't have used "new player"

12 minutes ago, Redninja25 said:

Yeah, I know Gift of the Lotus. Maybe I shouldn't have used "new player"

All good, my bad, I just assumed because you mentioned a month, and we haven't had one for a while due to Holidays and New War delaying Devstreams for a while (we usually get a GotL after Devstreams) main point is, Rivens come pretty often! 

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

All good, my bad, I just assumed because you mentioned a month, and we haven't had one for a while due to Holidays and New War delaying Devstreams for a while (we usually get a GotL after Devstreams) main point is, Rivens come pretty often! 

So sell it veiled?

29 minutes ago, Redninja25 said:

So sell it veiled?

Its the medium risk option. Unveil it for bigger risk but potentially better reward/lower reward. 

If you are newer, reliable plat is generally nicer, usually less hassle free too. Mind you I ma on console, Unveiled Rifle/Pistol/Melee tends to go around 15 to 25. I am not sure on PC prices.

Archived