Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival mission update idea - advancing to the next round faster

(XBOX)Nightseid

In survival players must last 5 minutes a round to gain a reward. After a while this gets tiresome, so how about function that let's us decrease the timer to the next round.

I'm thinking after the initial 5 minutes consoles will start spawning randomly in the map that the player will need to hack to decreases the timer by 30 seconds. Players will have 1 minute to get to the console and hack the system.

Obviously the higher the level/round the more powerful enemies get and more complex the haacks become.

Why does it work? 

It's not mandatory and players can ignore the hacks and play the survival mission with the normal wait time of 5 minutes. 

It adds a layer of complexity to the mission. Players can risk hacking a console to proceed to the next round faster but at the cost of losing time to collecting life support drops, especially in solo play.

I feel this would be a great addition to the survival game mode. Disruption has similar way to advance through the rounds quickly way not survival perhaps the most popular mission mode in warframe (I'm basing this off the last chart DE displayed regarding the most popular mission modes).

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Nightseid said:

In survival players must last 5 minutes a round to gain a reward. After a while this gets tiresome, so how about function that let's us decrease the timer to the next round.

I'm thinking after the initial 5 minutes consoles spawns will start to randomly in the map that the player needs to hack that decreases the timer by 30 seconds. Players will have 1 minute to get to the console and hack the system to decrease the timer.

Obviously the higher the level/round the more powerful enemies get and more complex the haacks become.

Why does it work? 

It's not mandatory and players can ignore the hacks and play the survival mode with the normal wait time of 5 minutes. 

It adds a layer of complexity to the mission. Players can risk hacking a console to proceed to the next round faster but at the cost of losing time to collecting life support drops, especially in solo play.

I feel this would be a great addition to the survival game mode. Disruption has similar way to advance through the rounds quickly way not survival perhaps the most popular mission mode in warframe (I'm basing this off the last chart DE displayed regarding the most popular mission modes).

I think once it get's to steel path level difficulty another feature they should add is a "Frenzy" or a "Rush" moment where a prompt from Lotus or Teshin comes on the line and they say something along the lines of "The enemy is catching on to what I'm doing, you need to kill this wave before they relay to their higher command".

If the player does not do it, the wave will destroy that one life support and target another until they destroy all of them, also if the player does not kill the wave fast enough, the next wave also is "frenzied".

This system adds pressure and actual difficulty to going longer and longer yet they can also with this increase in difficulty give little bonus's for killing the frenzy in time. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Nightseid said:

I'm thinking after the initial 5 minutes consoles will start spawning randomly in the map that the player will need to hack to decreases the timer by 30 seconds. Players will have 1 minute to get to the console and hack the system.

Why does it work? 

It's not mandatory and players can ignore the hacks and play the survival mission with the normal wait time of 5 minutes. 

the issue is then would have even more players spreading to the 67 corners of the world in survival missions. making them harder due to the lack of enemies to kill as they are spread razor thin through out the mission

Interesting idea,

Could be used with a target to kill,

an "acolyte like" that fit with the "5mn spawn" mechanic, add a few mobs with him like the wolf of saturn with a timer to kill them all under a time limit to gain a few second, adding a difficulty if you fail > the life support % decrease faster.

on top add a condition for teamplay like all players in squad must be in zone.

15 hours ago, Caelum-Warblade said:

I think once it get's to steel path level difficulty another feature they should add is a "Frenzy" or a "Rush" moment where a prompt from Lotus or Teshin comes on the line and they say something along the lines of "The enemy is catching on to what I'm doing, you need to kill this wave before they relay to their higher command".

If the player does not do it, the wave will destroy that one life support and target another until they destroy all of them, also if the player does not kill the wave fast enough, the next wave also is "frenzied".

This system adds pressure and actual difficulty to going longer and longer yet they can also with this increase in difficulty give little bonus's for killing the frenzy in time. 

This is actually a wonderful idea. I love it!

19 hours ago, (XBOX)Nightseid said:

Why does it work? 

I’m honestly kind of wondering if Survival is so popular because it’s so simple; literally wait out the timer, and that’s it.

Players bring builds that aren’t about to be threatened, so no concerns around defending an external objective. There’s no need to defend consoles or move around much as long as the life support drops can be kept flowing through excessive killing. If this suggestion is to add complexity, I think it won’t be very appreciated (not that hacking a panel sounds particularly complex, but still)

Archived