Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waverider Page 3, forever stuck on quest I suppose.

Argenex

I guess I will be forever stuck on page 3.

I don't know what changed but I used to be able to stay on things and grind... now I can't. No matter what I do. I personally did trick chains daily to max out the VentGoblins standing, as it was the fastest way without the stress of a race & timer, and I did it all again to level all of the boards. As well as races too eventually.

Whatever the changes that have been made, it's practically impossible now for me to get 1k trick chain score, whereas before I was maxing it out constantly and had zero issues.

Here's the fun list of BS that happens now;

• I land on the object while in 'grind' pose, but instead of grinding, I get a trick complete and I stop moving. Um ok... I guess?
  • In the middle of grinding along, I stop grinding and I get trick completion score. Uh, what?
  • I mysteriously careen off of whatever I'm grinding on either left or right, without ever pressing or moving in either direction. I just magically no longer am adhered to what I'm grinding on.
  • The mod for supposedly improving your "magnetic attraction" or whatever for grinding, doesn't do anything noticeable, I've removed it and tried and I experience the same derpitude of slip-sliding off of every single edge I try to grind on.
  • I used to do the Pearl for daily standing (way back then K-Drive actually worked apparently!) and I would just circle along just fine, now coupled with the above random elements, on the 3rd "hop" over the little ramp my trick ends every single time. So the Pearl is clearly been removed. Ok sure, I'll just go to the boring pipe by the door...
    • Except I constantly slide off the pipe in the middle of a grind, or I magically stop grinding and the trick ends.
  • After about several hours and 60 or so attempts, the whole "oh just turn around and go back along the pipe" doesn't work, again, because of the issues above. In fact 80% of the time I land on the pipe in 'grind' pose but the trick ends even though I'm clearly grinding.
    • The other 20% of the time I've finally gotten 1k or more, and I goto land, I land just fine, but it laughs at me, punches me in the face and the score turns red and breaks, HAHA Screw you for trying!

Honestly it feels as though everything is super slippery and when I try to compensate, it's like I fired up Nitro and it goes wonky so I can't even compensate with the slightest of movements or key commands.

I greatly enjoyed the New War.

I really like how Railjack is now.

I occasionally enjoy Steel Path, when an acolyte doesn't spawn me to the start of the map while I'm actively hacking the door to a rescue target.

I want to see a pile of K-drives lit on fire after a herd of elephants takes a collective dump on them and watch them burn into a pile of slag while the sun sets.

Do you use a velocipod skin by any means ? They're bigger and tend to slip more easily. It's not impossible to grind with it as some says, but it's a habit to take so it's harder for beginners to grind for long periods of time with it. 

But there is another and better way than grinding all along the pipe.

Poppin' vert (double jump height) is the only one you really need, along with Pop Top, but it's not mandatory.  Mags lock, Inertia dampeners... barely useful if not almost useless, the score will build up fast enough. 

The key is to jump briefly on the ground, combo will still go on, double jump to get the time to do a trick or two, then repeat to eternity and beyond (I do not use any score related mods, if you vary your tricks, you will get to max score in a few seconds. ) 

Il y a 3 heures, Argenex a dit :

The mod for supposedly improving your "magnetic attraction" or whatever for grinding, doesn't do anything noticeable, I've removed it and tried and I experience the same derpitude of slip-sliding off of every single edge I try to grind on.

It works both with the skin and the normal board but the error margin is indeed very low.

If you are using a Velocipod skin then for sure remove the skin and attempt to Grind as you normally would and see if that will help you stay locked on.  I know it sounds silly but it actually is a known bug and had the same issue myself before removing the Velocipod skin. 

Hope it help you finish the quest as I remember it being a pain but it is doable so keep at it!

17 hours ago, SuperFuret said:

Snipped

Oh my... that video... has changed the whole way I've been looking at the trick chains. I had no idea you can briefly touch the ground, I thought you had to always be grinding on something.

I will try and figure that out because... that like totally changes how I'm approaching this which I think is causing frustration.

17 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

If you are using a Velocipod skin then for sure remove the skin and attempt to Grind as you normally would and see if that will help you stay locked on.  I know it sounds silly but it actually is a known bug and had the same issue myself before removing the Velocipod skin. 

Hope it help you finish the quest as I remember it being a pain but it is doable so keep at it!

I don't have that skin yet, I'm using the highest faction cost board with just cosmetic parts that I liked over the others since they don't do anything.

Superfuret's video has kinda opened my mind a bit about how to approach it.

I am using the air time, pop top, trick combo multiplier mods and stuff. I think the whole issue has been that I've been trying desperately to stay "grinding" and from what I can tell in his video, you can touch the ground and jump up and keep going. I hope I figure it out.

Thank you guys for the response, I was honestly worried I would make people angry, it's nice to get some helpful advice!

Edit:

Well... no matter what I do the trick chain ends constantly... if I land while grinding, bam it ends. if I land on anything at all, it randomly ends. There is ZERO consistency here. I tried just jumping around, the best I can do is 1 trick chain and spam the jump button hoping I get off the ground in time. It works once, the 2nd time the chain always ends.

So I go back to the stupid pipe again since I know I can control that a little, but now its back to its old "Yea hahaa you thought you were grinding and you are, but im gonna end the trick chain anyway because I clearly hate you and want you to stop playing warframe and go play a game that doesn't make you want to eat the moniter."

I have no idea how you're able to bounce around off the ground like that and forever keep a trick chain going. Doesn't work at all for me in any shape or form, let alone while grinding, because that is a pile of inconsistent crap as well.

I appreciate the help but honestly I think I just might not play warframe for another year after this... nonsense.

Edit#2:

Good Lord. I found a video where the person was saying to hold both spacebar+mygrindkey (in this case I have it bound to C) and it resolved the weirdo issues I've been having. It in fact takes me seconds to max out my combo score. I was just using the single key and not coupled with spacebar and it utterly resolved everything. I had no idea I had to do two keys to grind, because well, you can still grind holding one key down but it's random if the trick score continues.

Thank you folks. Rage... subsiding.

I managed to somehow jank my way through this quest, even using Velocipod skin. Ultimately though the way you initially get Yareli friggin sucks.

What I ended up doing was finding a semi-long piece of railing, grinding on it, jumping, turning around, re-grinding on it - rinse-repeat. Might take a few attempts, but I think I got to max-chain of 5K a few times. 

Bare in mind that I think page 5 is actually 3K chain or something similar and 1 minute of continuous grinding. 

On 2022-01-20 at 5:52 AM, Argenex said:

don't know what changed but I used to be able to stay on things and grind... now I can't. No matter what I do

You're not alone, same here, I can't no more as well. Its like you have to look in the right direction now or something with like, wayyyy too much precision. Doesn't feel good at all

Archived