Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Future of Community Streams!

[DE]SpaceySarah

21 hours ago, (PSN)Wodanislav_BE said:

Problem is: there is always some delay.

It always takes a couple of extra minutes before you can claim and go back to the stream.

If it 's a two hour stream, and two drops (one per hour), you will never be able to claim both.

Please make it 45 or 50 minutes and all should be fine.

Without Words.

You should look for actual Informations!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-01-25 at 1:09 PM, TheLexiConArtist said:

More constructive Twitch drops is good.

Cross-play is still a terrible mistake though.
X-Save yes, X-Play no. Console gets bugs, PC gets throttled releases, you can't update anyone until everything is certified to go or there's behavioural mismatch.

Can you explain why X-Play would be a mistake? Are you saying that just in general it will be a terrible decision or that you wouldn't recommend it? 

On 2022-07-22 at 1:56 AM, (XBOX)StealthinWolf said:

Can you explain why X-Play would be a mistake? Are you saying that just in general it will be a terrible decision or that you wouldn't recommend it? 

I guess this is because the slowest/buggiest platform is blocking updates for all other platforms. But that's more or less what you have quoted already :)

On 2022-07-25 at 11:20 PM, BloodyTourist said:

I guess this is because the slowest/buggiest platform is blocking updates for all other platforms. But that's more or less what you have quoted already :)

Yeah, the slow part is likely going to become the biggest factor once they roll this out.  I used to play on PS4, and in some extreme situations it took a few weeks to get the PS4 update reviewed/certified/published even after DE claimed the code was completed and submitted.  If this happens on any of the four platforms (PC/PS/XB/DS), then ALL players would have to wait for a synchronized update rollout.

A similar issue is that DE often pushes updates live with little testing, if any.  The way they have been handling with that till now is by pushing PC updates for several days, and then rolling it out to other platforms once it's stable enough.  But if all platforms are getting all the new buggy code, they will need to patch all four platforms and sometimes the console reviews take significant time, and if that happens, and cross play requires matching game environments, they will all have to stay buggy during that wait time.  Or they could theoretically test the code first and release it once it's stable, like a major publisher does, but doubt DE will go that route.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 2022-01-25 at 1:52 PM, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

“What about Drops?” you may ask. Twitch Drops will still occur every week during Prime Time. With the extended time, viewers will be able to receive one Twitch Drop per hour. There will also be a greater focus on certainty around Drops as a whole - fewer grab bags, more favored single items. 

What happened to this? It’s been over a year and after reviewing all the drops we have received 28 grabbags and only 14 “single items” 66% of drops are grabbags so how is that putting a greater focus on certainty and favouring single items?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2022 at 2:17 PM, XHADgaming said:

Hopefully the wording of "more favored single items" Means that the rewards will actually be good and worth it. Like how we got the braton vandal weapon parts as a drop a while back instead of the resources we have been getting a lot of in the grab bags as of lately. If this works out I am okay with only getting one (or a couple more if devstream) drop per week. 

And here we are..... With grab bags taking 55 minutes per drop smh...

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 4:46 AM, Bathynomus said:

Is there any plans to unfudge the drops though? First you went from 30 minute view time and unlimited drops to 30 min and 5 drops, and now it's 45 minutes and 3 drop? It's just not even worth it anymore, especially when all of the drops seem to be something I can get much faster by playing the game. Just remove them if they are such an encumberance.

Agreed. 45 minutes per drop is too damn long.

I brought this up in the devstream #168 thread when they offered an Umbra forma that I wasn't able to get because I had real life commitments that prevented me from watching it in the 1.5 hours it was live, but why aren't they enabling Twitch drops on replay? Wouldn't that solve all the issues with disparate time zones, platforms, etc.?

Edited by (XBOX)Mournblood
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2023-02-01 at 10:38 AM, (NSW)AlbaDicentra said:

What happened to this? It’s been over a year and after reviewing all the drops we have received 28 grabbags and only 14 “single items” 66% of drops are grabbags so how is that putting a greater focus on certainty and favouring single items?

It's been almost constant grab bags since this. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...