Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

we need an opt out option for cross play and being host

(PSN)AutismCurseWoe

look I understand DE will make more money in cross play nothing wrong with making more money; but these Ps5 owners are impatient, inconsiderate, rude!, etc. wasting ps4 owners time by giving us a black screen we can do nothing about or starting mission timer and Ps4 owner has to close application because we didn't want to do the next mission a Ps5 owner starts; again wasting Ps4 owners time. there isn't even a icon to let others know which system you are using Warface has this feature although it only displays PlayStation icon or a Xbox controller; why not use the icons PSN uses for Ps4 and Ps5? also when cross play arrives and Warframe is on cellphones we don't want to lag because of how limited phone data is so with the opt out option you only meet players with the same system as you; it makes perfect sense why not let cell phone gamers play Warframe with other cell phone gamers that way no one should be lagging; Ps4 with PS4; as far as Ps5 goes I only like those that are considerate that leave squad before slow Ps4 can respond; I miss the times that a Ps5 player had to wait for a Ps4 player to respond "what happened to that?" Speaking of lag there should be an opt out option for being host when you know your internet is 1mbps or less you shouldn't end up as host; I no longer live in the city now! I'm in the country and all's they care about is their cows; they refuse to serve our dead town area with better internet it so out dated here; I got the 1mbps and less curse all it does is piss people off because it kicks everyone out of squad if I am host that is why I need to have an opt out of being host option too until further notice; our internet is supposed to be 50mbps well I am not the owner and the owners have advantage over my old Ps4 slim because their laptop and pc both are newer than my Ps4 so they get more data and a better signal; on a good day I get 20mbps; when I was in the city I used to get 30mbps and that was using Chicago public library; I'm pretty sure Warframe needs 50mbps or more to have no issues playing because when I did get 30mbps there were issues but this country internet is worse; I don't like the ribbon for autism it's lame and has no sense of fashion; when can we get an icon for autism? like the infinity symbol next to our name or something because problems that come with autism are numerous, still living with parents, going to be 37, no in real life friends, online friends became strangers after my original ps4 died I tried getting reacquainted with them but no luck, no girlfriend, no job and can't keep one even if they hire disabled; you are treated as a normal person so you get fired; because no normal person understands the limitations of autism; you look normal so you get treated that way even if you already gave them proof from a doctor, the people that are supposed to help you would rather work to make money instead of taking you to appointments that would lessen the burden of autism etc. autism is a curse of being a nobody known by no one I can't even find a place of my own to move in to; if I could then I'd get my own internet; this is for people that got similar issues; don't message me I won't respond back; got better things to do than be in a chat I rarely visit only when problems arise pleading with DE to do something; like do server maintenance shutdowns to clean out bugs and glitches because hot fixes ain't doing it

"We need an opt out option for cross play and being host"
Not reading your giant wall of text.

Crossplay needs to be evaluated very seriously since it also affects load times which many people are usually concerned about but we won't know until implementation. If I had to guess it will probably be opt-in for the most part given how healthy each platform playerbase is.

Opt out option for being host. You can do this already, kind of. If you become host it gives you the countdown timer in which you just exit squad and requeue for the node, if it pops instantly and put into squad, congrats you aren't host. Problem solved. I know this doesn't work for all situations but it is effective for the most part. You can also increase the ping limit if needed. Or just abort mission if you see the number 1 for your IGN in the upper right-hand corner since that indicates you are host. 

True, really not looking forward to the possibility of having to play P2P hosted by a cell phone.

DE, I beg of you, dedicated servers.

2 hours ago, Marcus.Argonius said:

Mission force start shouldn't be a thing. 

TRUE LOL

3 hours ago, (PSN)DarkEVILomoreX98 said:

but these Ps5 owners are impatient, inconsiderate, rude!, etc. wasting ps4 owners time by giving us a black screen we can do nothing about or starting mission timer and Ps4 owner has to close application because we didn't want to do the next mission a Ps5 owner starts; again wasting Ps4 owners time.

F... Wall of Text...

Once Crossplay becomes a thing, PS4~5, Xbox, Wii players will have to learn to adapt to society (PC), because the rules are different when you play with the majority of players and on PC its players tend to be at least less hostile when it comes to starting missions, people prefer to just leave the squad and join an on-going one than force starting the mission.

The main issue with cross-play is that it must have dedicated servers instead of the peer to peer connection to handle the different loading times from different systems. 9.9 times out of 10, PC will load into the game faster than the newer and even more so against the older consoles. Couple along with the Host migration kicking bug and you will have serious angry players.

• 8 months later...
On 2022-02-03 at 12:23 PM, XHADgaming said:

"We need an opt out option for cross play and being host"
Not reading your giant wall of text.

Crossplay needs to be evaluated very seriously since it also affects load times which many people are usually concerned about but we won't know until implementation. If I had to guess it will probably be opt-in for the most part given how healthy each platform playerbase is.

Opt out option for being host. You can do this already, kind of. If you become host it gives you the countdown timer in which you just exit squad and requeue for the node, if it pops instantly and put into squad, congrats you aren't host. Problem solved. I know this doesn't work for all situations but it is effective for the most part. You can also increase the ping limit if needed. Or just abort mission if you see the number 1 for your IGN in the upper right-hand corner since that indicates you are host. 

ps4 is too slow there is no icon saying who has a ps4 or ps5. fyi if a ps4 player gets a ps5 owner they wouldn't be able to see any timer the mission starts before a ps4 player can leave. I hope they make icons when warframe goes mobile I'm struggling with 1-7mbps phones get 2-5 gigs of data that's going to be kbps

Hosts being on old gen xbox was a lagging nightmare.
Just thinking about switch and mobile hosts can cause anxiety.

What i really dislike- if i'll disable crossplay- i cannot play with pc players who have it on .
And vice versa. This isolation is not right.  Should be acknowledged asap.

Archived