Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Prime break all Tennogen Garuda's Talons skins.

Taverius

11 hours ago, p_silveira said:

I wish I knew this before I went up and got myself her Successor skin when I got garuda prime. Tried to get a refund for it literally 1 hour after I bought it and noticed there was something wrong with her Talons, and Support's answer to my ticket was basically "no refunds, sucker".

I don't think they could refund it even if the wanted to, it's community made, so part of the money goes to the creator.

Iirc there should be another tennogen round soon, so let's hope they gonna take a look at the fashionframe aspect again

Edited by SadAt4AM

The issue is still here, Garuda Prime Talons don't have an option to be changed to a default Tennogen variant. They look terribly bad with almost every Tennogen skin.

Dear DE, this is in no way should be an 'intended feature.' Please reconsider it.

• Like 3

On 2022-03-28 at 11:21 PM, NovusNova said:

Its not a bug based on what [DE]Taylor posted earlier today.

"UPDATE - March 28/2022:

Garuda Prime comes with the Prime Toggle for TennoGen, but her Talons will not take custom TennoGen textures due to the base model being too different. This will not affect the player's ability to customize her tints, they'll simply be using the Garuda Prime Talon textures. Regular Garuda will still have the ability to use custom TennoGen Talon textures without issue.

If you're an artist or a Tenno who had concerns about the TennoGen textures not applying properly to your Garuda Prime Talons, this is why. That is the intended result, not a bug! Thank you for your understanding, Tenno."

Couldn't tennogen be applied to the base Talons model in that case, and make the Base and Prime variant selectable cosmetics as it works between a bunch of other prime/non prime skins? The Hinsa talons are a model swap skin too and they aren't disabled. 🤷‍♂️

It feels like intentionally misunderstanding the issue, people aren't asking for tennogen to apply to the Prime model, we want the Non-prime model as a skin option so the tennogen can apply to it, or more preferably the tennogen skin itself being listed as an option using the intended non-prime base.

Edited by Karonuva
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2022-09-20 at 5:26 AM, SadAt4AM said:

Not happening I guess🤷‍♀️
That "intended" result still kinda hurts tho

Yeah, the issue is still here, Tiamat looks really ugly with Garuda Prime claws, and there's no way to change their skin to the originally intended tennogen one. Hopefully one day they'll reconsider this terrible decision. Feels kinda insulting for the tennogen authors who have been working hard on texturing her claws :(

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I bought the Garuda Sucessor skin and I was surprised that I can't change the skin of the claws, Mr. Pablo, perhaps it doesn't bother you, but the community that pays for the skins does bother us, a problem without solution that takes years.

Hopefully it will be solved.

See if toggling prime details off works. Then, unequip your melee and try changing the skin on the talons. As far as I know, they don't change automatically.

If it doesn't work then it's the same issue as with Mesa's regulators.

• 1 month later...

Halfway into 2023, more than a year after Garuda Prime's release, this issue remains unaddressed. Garuda Prime's talons overwrite TennoGen talons made by artists to go with their skins, which they put a lot of work in, and we paid our money for. Primed claws look ugly and unfitting with the most skins. I'm deeply disappointed that nothing's been done about this. Garuda Prime, which I also happened to pay real money for in hopes to support the developers, ruins all the TennoGen skins because of a questionable decision made about her claws.

I'm still hoping this isn't going to remain like that forever. DE, pls fix.

Edited by Moriscu

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have the exact skin you are talking about, but I do have the Garuda Deluxe skin.  If I unequip my melee weapon, I can customize Garuda's claws, including deciding which skin to use on them.  My current aesthetic is the Garuda Prime head and body, with the Garuda Deluxe claws.  Have you tried doing something like this?  If not I hope this helps.

If you want the devs to read your feedback, you should report the issue in the feedback forums: https://forums.warframe.com/forum/18-art-animation-ui/

A refund is never guaranteed, but if you want to try to get one you should open a Support Ticket: https://support.warframe.com/hc/en-us

On 2023-05-01 at 7:09 AM, natilima said:

I bought the Garuda Sucessor skin and I was surprised that I can't change the skin of the claws, Mr. Pablo, perhaps it doesn't bother you, but the community that pays for the skins does bother us, a problem without solution that takes years.

Hopefully it will be solved.

Her Prime Claws are exclusively coded like that, normal Garuda Claws supports the skin

On 2023-05-01 at 7:22 AM, Genitive said:

See if toggling prime details off works. Then, unequip your melee and try changing the skin on the talons. As far as I know, they don't change automatically.

If it doesn't work then it's the same issue as with Mesa's regulators.

Unfortunately her claws stays the same no matter the Detail

Edited by GPrime96

14 hours ago, natilima said:

I would like to ask if anyone has filed a complaint to get their money back?

Yes, I tried to get a refund because of it. Let me tell you a short story:

Back when Garuda Prime released, I loved her but didn't quite liked her claws. So I bought the Garuda Successor skin to use on her and hopefully change the appearance of her claws.
Right off the bat, I noticed that it wouldn't be possible to change the appearance of her Prime claws to that of the Successor claws, and then I read somewhere in the forums that it was by design and not a bug.
Immediately then, like less than 1 hour after I bought the skin, I contacted the game's support, explained my case, explained that i had literally just got the skin, and asked for a refund.
Support's answer came a few hours later. I don't remember the exact words they said, but it was something like this:
"No refunds, sucker".
In a more polite selection of words, of course.
So now I'm stuck with a TennoGen Garuda skin that I don't use because the entire reason I bought it (the claws) don't work with Garuda Prime, and DE has no plan of ever making it work.

Fun.

6dbu7i.png

• 8 months later...

Garuda Prime Is fashion wise handicapped compared to regular garuda, as her talons (which are a major look wise part of her style and image) can't use the talons you get through tennogen, and you are stuck with her regular prime talons. 

9 hours ago, Aruquae said:

This is apparently a “feature”

They said so when her Prime came out, I hope they change it to a toggle

Do you maybe have a link to the stream or alike where they said that or any idea of where I could find it?

Also I talked to warframe support about it, and they seemed to be none the wiser about in any sort matter about it being a feature or alike. 

12 hours ago, Tossenberg said:

Do you maybe have a link to the stream or alike where they said that or any idea of where I could find it?

Also I talked to warframe support about it, and they seemed to be none the wiser about in any sort matter about it being a feature or alike. 

Hrmmmmm

Dang I believe this was a Dev response on Twitter, so I’m going to try to find it. It was a year or two ago, so wish me luck.

I’ll report back when I find it

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tossenberg said:

Updated found it

Its not a bug based on what [DE]Taylor posted earlier today.

"UPDATE - March 28/2022:

Garuda Prime comes with the Prime Toggle for TennoGen, but her Talons will not take custom TennoGen textures due to the base model being too different. This will not affect the player's ability to customize her tints, they'll simply be using the Garuda Prime Talon textures. Regular Garuda will still have the ability to use custom TennoGen Talon textures without issue.

If you're an artist or a Tenno who had concerns about the TennoGen textures not applying properly to your Garuda Prime Talons, this is why. That is the intended result, not a bug! Thank you for your understanding, Tenno."

Quote came from NovusNova in a thread discussing her prime talons

The thread in question 

Edit: As if we wanted the tennogen to have prime details… it would’ve been better as a simple “Prime Details” toggle section on her talons. 

Edited by Aruquae
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tossenberg said:

Forgive me for using this language... but bruh

Understandable

That was a big “bruh” to say the least

I’ll join you on ranting, still sour about this. As if a toggle prime details on the talons was too hard to implement 

• 1 month later...

I really hope that DE eventually makes it to where we can add the claws from the Tennogen Skins and Original Garuda's Claws. For instance, the Garuda Tiamat Skin doesn't look good with the Deluxe Claws or original Prime claws, so it doesn't fit the theme of the skin. I hope i am not the only one who feels the same.
18ed44dd54358-screenshotUrl.jpg?ex=662c22f0&is=6619adf0&hm=0c7b585d4740d6ad409e6392be8a73201396b6291294275d2bf4f29c51ff4ef5&

• Like 4

Honestly, they might just be more impressed that people are still playing Garuda.

I'd rather see them take it a step further and just make her claws into exalted weapons, which could also fix that other issue.