Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pet colour palette options.

2wentyThre3

The truth is, I'm tired of being limited now. I have collected nearly all the palettes available over the last 9 years and I am highly frustrated that they do not come into play where our living companions are. I love the deluxe skins but they cannot all be armoured and so this is yet more limitation in the colour department. We end up looking at sub standard fashion for companions we would like to use - Starting out AND at endgame.

In a game where fashion is a huge part of what we do around here... I find this to be an easily solvable oversight.

And before someone chimes in with something along the lines of " They may not want certain things being brightly coloured " or something of the like... one of the colours we DO have access to is akin to Urine Yellow, that coupled with the bright greens, purples and reds we do have available make for some jarring experiences to say the least.

Please oh pretty pretty please with sugar on top, unlock our Warframe palettes for use on all companions. Thanks.

Yeah got to agree the colour selection for pets is severely lacking these days.... not only are we restricted to a very small number of colour choices they're not exactly diverse in their range and in some cases there aren't even shades in specific colour ranges (and I have all the colour palettes apart from prime and atrox iirc)

Throw in the fact the colours often come out looking nothing like the thumbnail...

So can we at least have the same sort of range as the warframes although having said that, isn't it time we took colours out of the plat sales and get access to a colour wheel with a hex/rgb entry options instead.

I suspect there might be hurdles in the code to make this difficult, but I support it nonetheless, along with the addition of "use warframe's colors" as a button so I can just speed match. 

Also, while we are requesting beast pet stuff can we please please please not have our incubator tied up by having a beast pet incubating or imprinting? I know it's possible because you can change your beast pet in the dojo where there is no incubator.

Also, even more please, can we now have the deimos resists/weaknesses for predasites and vulpaphylas actually implemented in game?

Il y a 7 heures, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

I suspect there might be hurdles in the code to make this difficult, but I support it nonetheless, along with the addition of "use warframe's colors" as a button so I can just speed match. 

I know you mean well mate, but honestly the work load is not my concern. I've collected and bought so many colours with plat at this point - as I'm guessing millions of others have - it should just be done. The sentinel's use Warframe colours and one would assume that would be an offshoot of code from the pet menu, surely there's a way, even IF a new category of pet needs to be created and all their assets moved over and the previous category be deleted. It's bleeding into new content now, it wasn't so bad when it was just Kubrows and Kavats but literally anything that's followed in the same vein is being caught up with the same limitations.
Yeah it's work, but honestly over nearly a decade I thought it would have been work that could have been chipped away at over time or some other work round created. It's a sad state of affairs and honestly it's starting to make the whole pet customisation feel more and more limited over time. And on the subject of time it's making the whole process and system feel dated.

Il y a 12 heures, LSG501 a dit :

So can we at least have the same sort of range as the warframes although having said that, isn't it time we took colours out of the plat sales and get access to a colour wheel with a hex/rgb entry options instead.

A hex/RGB system with saturation and lighting options would be the dream. I saw the new Zariman colour and texture options and nearly shat myself, I got so excited... only to find out weeks later it would be for new, specific skins and would come with yet more platinum costs.

1 hour ago, 2wentyThre3 said:

I know you mean well mate, but honestly the work load is not my concern. I've collected and bought so many colours with plat at this point - as I'm guessing millions of others have - it should just be done. The sentinel's use Warframe colours and one would assume that would be an offshoot of code from the pet menu, surely there's a way, even IF a new category of pet needs to be created and all their assets moved over and the previous category be deleted. It's bleeding into new content now, it wasn't so bad when it was just Kubrows and Kavats but literally anything that's followed in the same vein is being caught up with the same limitations.
Yeah it's work, but honestly over nearly a decade I thought it would have been work that could have been chipped away at over time or some other work round created. It's a sad state of affairs and honestly it's starting to make the whole pet customisation feel more and more limited over time. And on the subject of time it's making the whole process and system feel dated.

Honestly, as someone who uses beast pets almost exclusively and breeds them for profit, this is one of the least important issues beast pets have. More importantly, if the devs' workload is not your concern but you also want them to change something, then it might be better if you did take it into consideration after all, because I wouldn't want to look into something when the person requesting it didn't give a heck about how much work would be required to do so.

Also, allowing something like an RGB color slider or whatever would be something I'm expressly against because it would damage the pet selling market even more than it has been by things like energy color now being changeable on kavats, or kavats getting 3 imprints instead of 2, etc. etc. (Both of which I think should be changed back to the way they were!) No doubt it will happen at some point though, the devs seem dead set on crashing the pet market in the past few years.

Il y a 2 heures, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

No doubt it will happen at some point though, the devs seem dead set on crashing the pet market in the past few years.

I'd rather people stay in a game and have a community grow than profiteer on systems that are clearly not cohesive and really need QoL improvements than the game die because things are left to stagnate - And I understand it's "Just" pets, but I've seen this approach to development in games like WoW - people suggest much needed improvements and nothing is done. Are DE like Blizzard? Not by a long shot... But Blizzard weren't always like Blizzard either. And WoW should always be a reminder of how many years of putting up with things can suddenly turn into mass exodus. Is that going to happen because of pet colours? Probably not... but I bet if we all sit and think about things that have been implemented over improvements within Warframe's lifecycle only to be ignored and never improved upon later, we'd fill up a page of systems and game modes quicker than we would have first anticipated... So my requests often start small.

I do understand you're only looking after your best interests, perhaps in the same way that I'm requesting a system wide change from a position that would OFC benefit me and my ideas for what I would like to see. I am sorry that it would affect you. But. The game has many avenues to make platinum and the pet options are terrible at current.

I'm genuinely trying not to be dismissive. I just care more about playing games and having fun than turning a profit, although trading is part of the game it isn't the game.

Archived