Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Focus Rework's Greatest Problems

Magnus

And I'm still finding the thing I miss most to be the instantaneity of launching myself to where I want instead of having to pause my gameplay to hold my aim steady while it charges up, and missing using Void Blast to pop Kuva Clouds and Kuva Guardian's Invulnerability, or to reset sentient resistances. 

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I have to retract the things I said about void sling. It's Okayyyy, but it needs more snappiness. Having to hold abilities is also... not ideal. I don't mind the new system it just needs to incorporate more of what made the old system good.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-07-29 at 12:49 PM, BeardyKyle said:

Yeah, I have to retract the things I said about void sling. It's Okayyyy, but it needs more snappiness. Having to hold abilities is also... not ideal. I don't mind the new system it just needs to incorporate more of what made the old system good.

I feel like that's half of why a lot of us were thinking that it would make more sense to have the Sling and Dash be two different triggerable maneuvers, actually. Having the Sling auto-launch the moment it's fully charged, and having the charge faster, makes it not terribly viable as a precision or stealth ability. I still would drastically prefer if the void-mode-triggered dash was the slow one, and if in midair it was more like a multidirectional and aim-adjustable Gauss's Mach Rush if held, and/or simply back to the linear and immediate Dash. Having an aim glide or a floaty gravity-stall by entering void mode in midair could be a decent addition or alternative as well, so that you can actually aim your midair dash before you fall like a rock.

And having no blast still feels gross to me. They could just tack it onto transference-back-to-warframe-via-melee with a cooldown in addition to the energy cost so you can't just spam transference and melee. Or make it a 3rd ability of Operators, since we have a 3rd and 4th ability slot remaining for them.

I still miss some of the old Operator abilities too, from the Chest Laser, to the 3 abilities in the New War segment, Restorative, Smoke Screen, and Target Radar. Allowing us to *pick* an ability or two, and have full-blown Operator Loadouts, would allow us to far more deeply engage with the Operators with abilities custom-chosen to match our preferred or most effective playstyles with our Operators in tandem with our Warframes. Giving Operators the ability to continue using at least Secondary single Pistols and Daggers and Bows, with modding, would actively serve to give Operators/Drifters a strong use case, in providing essentially a completely complementary loadout. Having actually moddable Operators and Weapons is almost the only thing that could push Operators into being something actively utilized without making them OP comparative to Warframes.

Void Sling is okay to me, not sure why it needed to replace dash, and having essentially no melee defense is awful.

And as someone who has used Vazarin since around about Silver Grove on Xbox, DE has gutted Vazarin to the point I mostly ignore the focus system, my tools to heal have been practically stripped to the bone, before I had a Super which could heal and rez people in a pinch (at the cost of proccing Magnetic and Viral on rez), then a dash which could make allies invulnerable for a short bit and heal them, and it could also heal Necramechs for a bit until DE removed that capability and a decently sized and sturdy shield I could block shots with, and now I have what... a weaker barrier that needs way to much investment to be mediocre, a heal for a low amount of health on all but the flimisest of frames and all Operators(or Drifters)... that I have to use Sling for... and a heal that needs time to ramp up, the invlun/heal combo is still in the tree but I suspect it has been beaten like Jason Todd.

And since Operator defenses are so poor, I use Umbra so I have some actual defense since that little shield isn't worth anything without more investment then the ability is actually worth, instead of say Octavia to provide essentially unlimited energy to teammates, or Trinity to provide even more healing... like I just feel like I am punished when I try to do a supportive playstyle... the very reason I picked Vazarin in the first place back in like 2016 or so, like I may be a vet but I am not a hardcore player I don't do Arbitrations, or Steel Path, but how does DE think any of the changes to focus are fun or interesting in their current implementation, or even in general, like I have been away for about a year,

and why do Eximus enemies need to be spongier then some bosses at the same level now? Like a solo vs a Level 51 Void Angel and later a Level 50 Eximus the Angel may have taken a while to kill since I was learning the fight, but it was the Eximus which has beating me 50 shades of black and blue, why does DE seem to insist on taking what feels like two steps back almost every single time they touch Focus, why are Railjack enemies still mostly comprised of so many Bullet Sponges that you could be mistaken for being in a actual coral reef. but I have more then 101 issues with Warframe in its current state I feel like, just not worth bringing them into the light since being honest I do not think DE actually cares, like it just feels pointless to even try to give any feedback, like honestly I do not remember even a single instance in the last like 3 or 4 years where community feedback was actually listened to.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2022-05-06 at 3:58 PM, Magnus said:

I would swap constantly. I would use both consistently, every mission, all the time, for any variety of reasons.

I agree.

The whole thing articulates how i feel about it, but this line? I feel SEEN. I'd do operator missions only.

• 1 month later...
On 2022-09-08 at 6:22 PM, Udoshi said:

I agree.

The whole thing articulates how i feel about it, but this line? I feel SEEN. I'd do operator missions only.

Yeah Operator Melee (or reintroduction of Void Blast, even), allowing us to switch between (or trigger based on different contexts) Dash and Sling, and having an additional ability or two from New War, would make the Operator feel like its own fleshed out thing worth using more consistently.

I mean, Warframes have the options of Sprinting, Rolling, Bullet Jumping, Aim Gliding, and in some cases even flying, and have 4 abilities, and the ability to wield 3 different weapons. Operators have 1 now-nerfed-AF mobility option, the weakest sprinting and "rolling" possible, 1 weapon, and 2 abilities (I guess 3 if you could Void Mode). So like. Operators have about half of the options that Warframes have? And a fraction of the scaling and sense of progress and utility that Warframes feel like they have?

They still need a LOT of work to be attractive, and not just by shoe-horning in enemies or phases that're more obnoxious-to-impossible to face without operator (Vombalists and other Sentients, Thrax, Eximi).

I really really REALLY think they need to either give us Void Dash back in SOME capacity, whatever that is, or an alternative that feels like a Zephyr Tailwind or Wukong Cloud-Walker or something. Not saying to get rid of Sling. If it got slowed back down and didn't AUTO-fire, Sling would still feel great for stealth. But holy balls did Dash work for stealth AND speed in the first place, so let us do it SOMEHOW.

Another thing that'd feel helpful is to make Void procs actually last longer than 6 measly seconds, since that often feels like barely enough time to switch back to your warframe and fire a single shot or two before the proc expires. Though I honestly also feel like that applies to every status proc, even with the Status Duration mods or Rivens it can feel inadequate for utilization as a primer with one weapon that you switch to another to capitalize on it with.

A NUMBER of improvements should be made to operators, further.

I'm gonna reiterate. Seriously, DE, would it be so killer to give Operators some (or all) of the following?

• 5% gravity "aim glide" while doing midair Void Slings so they can be done accurately, and/or
  • Giving us back midair Void Dashes (or something that functions similar to it) and/or
  • Making any consecutive Slings travel farther and faster (with proportional energy usage)
  • Let US decide when to release and initiate the Sling, instead of auto-launching.
  • Add something in the Operator's 3 and 4 ability slots (one of which could be a toggler between Dash and Sling, otherwise either New War abilities and/or the Chest Laser of old, or an exalted Void energy melee)

These would really make a lot of people happier and more excited to engage with Operators.

We're not thrilled with the lackluster mobility of Sling.

Archived