Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

baro and rewards for vets.

Venus-Venera

2 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

so baro is not for beginners in my opinion! I need ducats and credits here. Beginners don't have it and would rather trade or wait for a full set....

You're right, Baro is not for beginners, because more than likely beginners need the Prime parts to build things. I agree with others in this thread that Baro isn't for veterans either as running relics isn't really content a veteran should be doing. Baro is in the middle, where you have enough Prime items that you are getting duplicate parts, but still have a need to run relics. 

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

Mostly in agreement with this except the steel essence bit.
Farming ducats gets me traces I can use to crack my thousands of vaulted relics and make plat.
There's not really parallel farming potential for steel essence. The arcanes sell for pennies. And I don't really find steel path fun personally. Just frustrating. Nothing like losing 5 minutes of your life every time an acolyte just decides to insta kill you from across the room at full health and shields with 7 different forms of damage reduction and an invincibility power active for seemingly no reason.

I've mostly resighned myself to just dying every time violence or malice spawn

Steel Path needs to be integrated more so we can do more parallel farming, I agree. Theres plenty enough to spend SE on currently, but I would still like a few more items in the shop. 

9 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Steel Path needs to be integrated more so we can do more parallel farming, I agree. Theres plenty enough to spend SE on currently, but I would still like a few more items in the shop. 

I don't think you understood what I meant by parallel farming.
Farming relics for ducats gives you void traces which you can use to crack vaulted relics to get parts to sell for platinum. Also technically the opportunity to get a forma if you need some and didn't roll a part worth taking. And there is already potential for duckats to continue being useful after you've obtained everything from baro besides the sparse new stuff since certain prime mods and baro weapons can rack up in price pretty quickly once he hasn't brought them for a while.

Multiple resources for multiple different things in one grind

Having more stuff to spend steel essence on doesn't make it a parallel farm, its just one farm for one resource that you can spend in one place. It's only parallel while farming for arcanes and steel essence at the same time, once you've maxed out your arcanes, since extras sell for next to nothing, it's just a linear grind at that point. What would potentially, is having more of a use for riven slivers than just trading them for rivens. But with the eximus changes I'm not sure it's even possible to quickly amass significant amounts of riven slivers anymore. And even then how it was before was awful cus I can barely stomach the sheer boredom of spending more than an hour in one mission on a good day.

Even vitus essence is more of a parallel farm because you're also getting Ayatan sculptures which can be used as decoration if you're into that, converted into endo, or sold (not for much but still hilariously more than steel path arcanes), and different arcanes that are actually worth something on the player market.

I think DE probably intended Steel path arcanes to be a decent trade item and work as a good perpetual parallel farm to steel essence. But the amount some people farm steel essence for kuva, and the fact that it's pretty easy to get all of the arcanes you need by just framing up the amount of steel essence you need to buy everything you want anyways, rapidly pushed the supply well above the demand. On top of needing to be able to farm steel path to get the adapters to even be able to use the arcanes to begin making the market of people that want the arcanes but can't farm them themselves non existent.

26 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

I don't think you understood what I meant by parallel farming.
Farming relics for ducats gives you void traces which you can use to crack vaulted relics to get parts to sell for platinum. Also technically the opportunity to get a forma if you need some and didn't roll a part worth taking. And there is already potential for duckats to continue being useful after you've obtained everything from baro besides the sparse new stuff since certain prime mods and baro weapons can rack up in price pretty quickly once he hasn't brought them for a while.

Multiple resources for multiple different things in one grind

Having more stuff to spend steel essence on doesn't make it a parallel farm, its just one farm for one resource that you can spend in one place. It's only parallel while farming for arcanes and steel essence at the same time, once you've maxed out your arcanes, since extras sell for next to nothing, it's just a linear grind at that point. What would potentially, is having more of a use for riven slivers than just trading them for rivens. But with the eximus changes I'm not sure it's even possible to quickly amass significant amounts of riven slivers anymore. And even then how it was before was awful cus I can barely stomach the sheer boredom of spending more than an hour in one mission on a good day.

Even vitus essence is more of a parallel farm because you're also getting Ayatan sculptures which can be used as decoration if you're into that, converted into endo, or sold (not for much but still hilariously more than steel path arcanes), and different arcanes that are actually worth something on the player market.

I think DE probably intended Steel path arcanes to be a decent trade item and work as a good perpetual parallel farm to steel essence. But the amount some people farm steel essence for kuva, and the fact that it's pretty easy to get all of the arcanes you need by just framing up the amount of steel essence you need to buy everything you want anyways, rapidly pushed the supply well above the demand. On top of needing to be able to farm steel path to get the adapters to even be able to use the arcanes to begin making the market of people that want the arcanes but can't farm them themselves non existent.

I understood what you meant. That's why I said it needs to be integrated more. I would prefer if I could make all of my gameplay SP levels, while also collecting SE. Steel path relics, liches, bounties, etc. 

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I understood what you meant. That's why I said it needs to be integrated more. I would prefer if I could make all of my gameplay SP levels, while also collecting SE. Steel path relics, liches, bounties, etc. 

Ooooh k. That makes a lot of sense, sorry.

Steel path fissures is actually a fantastic idea. Bump up the trace rewards and maybe make the relics shift a little more in favor of rarer drops to give more of a reason to do them. Then you can literally just do both at the same time.

Steel path litches could have thralls drop radiant requiem relics and have a boost to murmur gain and litch anger.

And Bounties just have a shift towards rarer drops. And higher standing gain.

If they made it worth the extra effort I'd actually love if they expanded steel path to a lot of game modes that don't currently have it.

He is special until you have all of the important stuff, but just because you might have everything doesn't mean other people do. Also don't forget that you can trade mods and fresh weapons, so even old inventory is still valuable.

Though I wish they would fill in the missing primed mods, like the elemental mods. Or add something new-ish like secondary element mods (though I do realise some elements are too good, like viral or corrosive)

I think Baron is in a good spot. The subjective argument that he doesn't offer "good stuff" is a selfish one but I get it.

However, I don't see DE raising the bar with more prime mods. After all, according to the forums and youtube, the game is SUPER EASY, with excessive power creep and no challenge, so I think we shot ourselves in the foot with all of the tough talk. If I'm DE, I would see no need to add any more prime mods.

vor 42 Minuten schrieb Pakaku:

He is special until you have all of the important stuff, but just because you might have everything doesn't mean other people do. Also don't forget that you can trade mods and fresh weapons, so even old inventory is still valuable.

Though I wish they would fill in the missing primed mods, like the elemental mods. Or add something new-ish like secondary element mods (though I do realise some elements are too good, like viral or corrosive)

Now seriously? completely off topic.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb PollexMessier:

Ooooh k. That makes a lot of sense, sorry.

Steel path fissures is actually a fantastic idea. Bump up the trace rewards and maybe make the relics shift a little more in favor of rarer drops to give more of a reason to do them. Then you can literally just do both at the same time.

Steel path litches could have thralls drop radiant requiem relics and have a boost to murmur gain and litch anger.

And Bounties just have a shift towards rarer drops. And higher standing gain.

If they made it worth the extra effort I'd actually love if they expanded steel path to a lot of game modes that don't currently have it.

SP is also not difficult if you know the (actually simple) tricks. Example would be armor ignore skills and 2-3 setups to paralyze any faction very easily.

and SP with relics would be nice. because at the moment I rarely play relics, because I don't want to sell anything at the moment anyway. and Baro only has ancient stuff from the Stone Age anyway. I even try to give away sets like inaros prime and prime weapon set when trading. because what should I do with 30x inaros prime....

Archived