Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

baro and rewards for vets.

Venus-Venera

18 hours ago, quxier said:

^ to anyone that is smart enough to set their own colors

Kuva? Maybe endo? Maybe some Polymer bundle & other resources?

kuva (seems to be my go to for nightwave credits, along with potatoes, these days due to there basically being nothing else for 'vets') but to be fair I'm pretty bored of gambling on rivens.

endo, not sure to be honest, I've got so many ayatan sculptures just sitting there, not to mention a pretty large stockpile of endo, I'm not sure it would be value for money buying it with ducats.  Then if you're a vet do you actually need endo....

Resources...maybe they could have all the the boosters available each week instead of just the one.

I don't really expect anything new from Baro outside of cosmetics, maybe more utility stuff would make visits more worthwhile:
- Warframe Part RNG fixer: For boss missions i.e. make equinox parts easier to farm. Great for farming fram parts for subsuming.
- Void trace drop count buffer: Baro does go to the void apparently, use this during a Void Fissure/Storm mission to get far more traces than normal.
- Salvager drone: Increases salvage equipment drop rate during a Railjack mission (because I'm getting mad tired of Zekti III equipment).

Having these -could- make recruit chat for squads more marketable? Players could mention "LF>[Warframe Systems Scanner] Tyl Regor", or "LFG>Void Trace Farm", where'd they'll pool these for increased effects. It'll be better than waiting for that single one-time buy and forget. 

1 hour ago, DSMK2 said:

- Warframe Part RNG fixer: For boss missions i.e. make equinox parts easier to farm. Great for farming fram parts for subsuming.

That would be nice. However it have to be some sort 100% chance.

someone's not gonna be happy no matter what Baro brings. as much as I'd like Primed Blunderbuss or Streamline, I don't think it's gonna happen. I do appreciate the immortal skins thoguh; nice to know DE hasn't forgotten about those at least.

wouldn't mind a Ki'Teer railjack skin either actually. 

9 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

What would be more difficult than level cap steel path? 

And yes, it would be too much powercreep. You think a kavat having a longer 2x loot isn't powercreep? 

Steel Path Original Scaling Mode?

I don't know if you could call that difficult though...

Well, DE could at least do their usual lazy thing and add Kuva/Rivens as an additional thing to purchase every time he appears, even if it's limited to a decent amount but a single purchase.

It's not possible to please "veterans", as most rewards are going to be useless. Even if they added high quality cosmetics not everyone would like them. A lot of 'better' mods are situational, sometimes useless, or not going to be relevant outside of afking endless missions which is useless to the overwhelming majority of people. Weapons get called mr fodder even when they aren't bad.

11 hours ago, trst said:

Baro has "special" things for everyone that either wants cosmetics, better mods, new weapons, or decorations. Especially as nearly everything he offers is exclusively from him.

And just because you already have everything or are too picky to enjoy anything he offers doesn't mean he lacks anything "special".

This!! Thank you!

vor 8 Stunden schrieb TheGuyver:

DE doesn't even extend Baro when he falls on a holiday, like Christmas for example. Really doubt they're going to go out of their way to give him stuff for "veterans" lmao

Primed Blunderbuss though kthnx

exactly. these are special events. other games have rewards too. but here? Hm...
and baro has 2 weeks cd and you are even notified by mail in the game. just what for? to buy old and useless stuff?
something doesn't fit here.

DE can't make unlimited amounts of content, especially things like mods. This is stupidly unreasonable, and while yeah I agree a lot of new baro rewards are almost entirely garbage(seriously who's using primed sniper ammo mutation) that's more on the fault of whoever is choosing these mods to prime, not the volume of content we're getting.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Josh486:

DE can't make unlimited amounts of content, especially things like mods. This is stupidly unreasonable, and while yeah I agree a lot of new baro rewards are almost entirely garbage(seriously who's using primed sniper ammo mutation) that's more on the fault of whoever is choosing these mods to prime, not the volume of content we're getting.

but the mods are made extremely quickly. and require little effort. I have worked in IT myself for many years. it doesn't even take half an hour. that's so fast. and as said above, you can't equip that many primed mods. So alleged super config is not possible.

6 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

But the mods are made extremely quickly. and require little effort. I have worked in IT myself for many years. it doesn't even take half an hour. that's so fast. and as said above, you can't equip that many primed mods. So alleged super config is not possible.

Making them probably isn't hard, but making sure the mods themselves are not infringing on the territory of other mods or are just plain old useless takes some effort. Especially since they need to keep a steady flow of primed mods, and if they just flood them out they won't have any other mods to make in the future

You have to remember that the game is not solely made for "veterans"

New/newish players should also be catered for. If Baro added a couple of new primed mods each and every visit, the already steep (time-wise) investment into getting items from Baro would make the whole ordeal a practical impossibility for someone who is new, and who has also the super-grindy mountain to climb of several syndicate affinity.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb rastaban75:

New/newish players should also be catered for. If Baro added a couple of new primed mods each and every visit, the already steep (time-wise) investment into getting items from Baro would make the whole ordeal a practical impossibility for someone who is new, and who has also the super-grindy mountain to climb of several syndicate affinity.

I don't understand that?! for which target group is that? where is it printed in black on white paper? or do you want to discriminate vets?

fact is that baro is useless event. but this is sold as something special with 2 weeks cd and mail notification in game. what a LOL!

If they were priming all mods, we wouldve ran out a long time ago anyway, and you would still be complaining. Its lose/lose. 

Personally, as a true vet, i'm done with farming ducats and appreciate the fact that i dont need to maintain a steady supply to keep up with Baro. I'm way past farming relics just to sell. If anything, vets should want more things to spend steel essence on, NOT ducats. 

5 hours ago, rastaban75 said:

This would be impractical for vets too. I dont spend nearly as much time cracking relics to have 300+ ducats every two weeks. Relics is NOT vet content. If Baro always had expensive new items, i would be forced to farm easy content. No Thank you. Keep Baro the way it is. 

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Hypernaut1:

If they were priming all mods, we wouldve ran out a long time ago anyway, and you would still be complaining. Its lose/lose. 

Personally, as a true vet, i'm done with farming ducats and appreciate the fact that i dont need to maintain a steady supply to keep up with Baro. I'm way past farming relics just to sell. If anything, vets should want more things to spend steel essence on, NOT ducats. 

This would be impractical for vets too. I dont spend nearly as much time cracking relics to have 300+ ducats every two weeks. Relics is NOT vet content. If Baro always had expensive new items, i would be forced to farm easy content. No Thank you. Keep Baro the way it is. 

no, It wouldn't! with you maybe...

It was said above that not so many fit in. OMG!
and if you could predict the future, you would play the lottery. Now seriously...

18 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Mostly in agreement with this except the steel essence bit.
Farming ducats gets me traces I can use to crack my thousands of vaulted relics and make plat.
There's not really parallel farming potential for steel essence. The arcanes sell for pennies. And I don't really find steel path fun personally. Just frustrating. Nothing like losing 5 minutes of your life every time an acolyte just decides to insta kill you from across the room at full health and shields with 7 different forms of damage reduction and an invincibility power active for seemingly no reason.

I've mostly resighned myself to just dying every time violence or malice spawn

15 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

5 hours ago, rastaban75 said:

Orlando Magic Basketball GIF

vor 10 Minuten schrieb PollexMessier:

Mostly in agreement with this except the steel essence bit.
Farming ducats gets me traces I can use to crack my thousands of vaulted relics and make plat.
There's not really parallel farming potential for steel essence. The arcanes sell for pennies. And I don't really find steel path fun personally. Just frustrating. Nothing like losing 5 minutes of your life every time an acolyte just decides to insta kill you from across the room at full health and shields with 7 different forms of damage reduction and an invincibility power active for seemingly no reason.

I've mostly resighned myself to just dying every time violence or malice spawn

it's correct. because something like damage reflect doesn't belong in the mode at all. especially when reward disappears after death.
this needs to be improved urgently!

28 minutes ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

rivens go up to 5k plat depending on how new a weapons is and the stats on it. 

the most expensive thing in vaulted relics is...Loki for 300/400 pl? i mean...

just sayin GIF

A steady income or gambling... exceptionally difficult decision that one. Anyway I personally feel bad selling rivens because the whole system is a steaming pile of ass. I could sell someone a riven for a weapon that later gets it's disposition nerfed to the point of the riven being worse than putting a normal mod in it's place, and it never go up again (as has happened to literally every good riven I've ever gotten) Just doesn't sit right with me. I barely care to acknowledge the riven system even exists at all anymore.

In contrast running vaulted relics feels like a service to the community.

It's always been this way. When you start Warframe you get excited for Baro because he has all kinds of new things, then you keep buying them and he brings less and less new things and you start getting disappointed. Baro hasn't changed, the player has. 

At this point, I don't think some players would be happy no matter what Baro brings. 

vor 24 Minuten schrieb PollexMessier:

A steady income or gambling... exceptionally difficult decision that one. Anyway I personally feel bad selling rivens because the whole system is a steaming pile of ass. I could sell someone a riven for a weapon that later gets it's disposition nerfed to the point of the riven being worse than putting a normal mod in it's place, and it never go up again (as has happened to literally every good riven I've ever gotten) Just doesn't sit right with me. I barely care to acknowledge the riven system even exists at all anymore.

In contrast running vaulted relics feels like a service to the community.

I agree. bought riven for verglas today for 200p. and rolled it for a while. now the weapon does at least double damage.
and I know that the mod can be useless at any time. plat costs are therefore much too high!

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Skyeborne:

It's always been this way. When you start Warframe you get excited for Baro because he has all kinds of new things, then you keep buying them and he brings less and less new things and you start getting disappointed. Baro hasn't changed, the player has. 

At this point, I don't think some players would be happy no matter what Baro brings. 

so baro is not for beginners in my opinion! I need ducats and credits here. Beginners don't have it and would rather trade or wait for a full set....

Archived