Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voruna - Wolf Warframe - Fan concepts (Reply with your ideas!)

(PSN)W0LF-IMPERIAL-

Introduction

The wolf warframe is one ive been waiting for ever since my first time playing the game. It took them long enough but the design looks truly brutal, primal like they will be really vicious and i love it!
I have some ideas for this frame.

I know theres no chance this will be seen by enough people to get it in DE's eyes and even less that this is what the frame will do but id still hate myself if i didn't get these out there. If they do end up taking inspiration thats great too ofcourse.

I have actually decided to just fully conceptualize my idea of this frame.

Warframe stats

Health: 400 (2000 at Level 30)

Armor: 200 (350 at Level 30)

Sheilds: None

Energy: 100 (250 at Level 30)

"An apex predator on the battlefields. Striking fear into those previously thought fearless. Stalking in the shadows and striking in the moonlight. Fighting tooth and claw tearing the flesh from bone. Metal as naught but weak shells. As loyal and wild as a kubrow yet as lethal and practiced as a honed blade. This is Voruna."

I decided that this Warframe is the perfect frame to also lack sheilds as its theme to me gives off a primal feeling. I was also going to originally have this frame use health as its energy but decided against it. I struck a balance between Inaros and Nidus for these stats. To me this Warframe feels like they belong up there in the "Too angry to die" category of characters alongside Guts from Berserk, Doom Slayer or Doom guy from Doom, Ganon from Legend of Zelda and the likes so being a frame with high health and armor just feels right. My main target is to create a frame that has one sole goal to embody the phrase "Im not trapped in here with you, youre trapped in here with me."

((Edit: Oct 26th - I really like the color scheme the warframe has received and excitedly anticipate fashion framing her.))

Ability concepts

Ability 1: Savage surge:  Voruna launches into a sprinting stace that increases movement speed and reduces incoming damage. When running you deal minor impact/slashing damage and stagger all in your wake. In this stance you can press the melee key to unleash a shoulder bash dealing greater impact/slashing damage and knockback on foes you hit or jump/primary fire to leap knocking down and dealing greater impact/slashing damage to foes within range. There would be a reticle or visual representaion that shows where an explosion would occur on the after the charge or leap. This explosion is caused by Voruna's energy tail exploding and dealing one of the following damage types Viral/Fire/Blast/Void.

Ability 2: Pack tactics: With this ability Voruna summons grizzly visages of beastly heads to create a ring that closes over time knocking anyone it hits towards the centre and dealing one of the following damage types Viral/Fire/Blast/Void. The ring will explode if charged or leapt into using Savage surge or when reaching the end of its duration.

This ability provides great synergy for rest of the kit and also echoes the behaviour of wolves stalking prey as a pack.

Ability 3: The 3rd ability i thought should buff. Potentially a toggle or stack based one.

Adrenaline- Toggle: Voruna howls causing health to drain but gaining armor and lifesteal the lower Voruna's health is. This is to really sell that feral theme and playstyle of a starving beast looking for its next meal.

Ambush and Devour- Stacking: Voruna lunges forward and grabs an enemy much akin to the Necramech Bonewidow. Voruna while holding an enemy can melee to throw them or recast/primary fire to devour them which would add one stack or a % to the buff that could again be armor and lifesteal. Again the higher the buff is the more health is being lost over time. This is similar to a Necramech ability and a Grendel ability. If we want a visual representation of these stacks we could have a bigger tail, more energy heads or a energy moon above the Warframe's head.

Ability 4: Moonlight masquerade: Voruna unleashes a powerful howl that summons beastly head visages around you that will bite when you use a melee attack dealing one of the following damage types Viral/Fire/Blast/Void and either piercing or slash. The heads would fly out towards your crosshairs and deal damage along the path when using primary or secondary fire with ranged weaponry. If an enemy that was just hit by a visage is hit again with another they could even explode for a AOE. Maybe this could also have one circle each ally in range upon its initial cast to deal slight thorns or lash out at enemies in range to sell the pack idea. This could also possibly be an augment idea?

Passive: Hunt as one: As for passive id love for Voruna to have the ability to full on wall crawl but that's a bit far so i thought of maybe a bloodlust idea? The more enemies (Or allies and companions) around Voruna the more armor, lifesteal or ability power she gets. Could also be the total amount of enemy missing health around her as if the spilled blood is driving the frame mad and it deteriorates over time. 

Another idea is something that allows her to either bypass or shred enemy armor and or sheilds with her abilities. Maybe converting a % of her Ability strength or efficiency into shred or damage bypass.

Name ideas

((Edit: 36th Oct - At this point its basically comfirmed her name will be Voruna which i quite like and is the name that got my vote.))

I think the frames names is a different matter since theres so much you could pull inspiration from. I was initially not going to add this but i love mythology so much and have a few decent enough ideas i thought id add them.

First is Lycan/Lycana for example pretty basic but gets the point across.

However mythology has a ton of interesting and fun hounds and wolves to pull from such as: Fenrir from Norse mythology, Skoll and Hati the Norse wolves who chase the sun and moon, Geri and Freki other names for Skoll and Hati i believe, Romulus and Remus could be fun names to make spins on since they were raised by a She-wolf you could akin to the Lotus maybe Romula or Rema, Asena founder of the Ashina clan, Amarok has potential as it fits well in warframes current naming conventions with is sounds and Amarok is a monstrous wolf and night hunter, Im going to throw Cerubia out there a feminine spin on Cerberus with the numerous heads and we all know Cerberus as the gaurdian of the underworlds gates. Last but not least theres Mauthe the hound from Greek mythology which could pair well with our 50th warframe being this sheild and spear centurion/spartan warrior.

Weapon concepts

((Edit: Oct 26th - It has also been confirmed one of her weapons will be a great axe. Out of all the shown designs i preferred 4 and hope it will be a skin as i dislike how all personality was stripped to make a basic tenno design.))

I could make a thread aslong as Warframes lore about weapon concepts but for this i wanted them to work with the frames design and abilities. I have also decided to only give ideas in one of each category so one primary, secondary and melee.

Primary: So for this weapon i think a nice heavy rifle would fit best. One that can rip shrapnel at high speeds. Either a crit and slash based stat set or a Element viral based stat set would fit best. I was thinking of a gun that can switch fire modes much like the Tiberon that launched fang like projectiles in a shotgun, Full auto and semi auto firemodes. The design for all these weapons could look similar to the Bad Juju (Shown below) from Destiny crossed with the Grim Marrow (Also shown below) from Outriders. A bony like design with one of the wolf skulls on it. Its passive in "Wolf inspired Warframes" hands could be that it ignores a small % of Sheild/Armor or has a small % lifesteal.

Bad Juju (Destiny)

YUW4K6qwEEXP2ZoqXqiVdW-1200-80.jpg.webp

Grim Marrow (Outriders) 

Outriders-2021.03.03-16.28.33.02.00_00_4

Secondary: These i thought would be cool if they were wrist mounted wolf skulls that launched energy much like the Staticor or Yangs ember celica from the Rooster teeth's show RWBY but shoot the fang like projectiles that are either crit slash or viral slash. These could also have a similar passive to what i suggested for the primary.

Melee: Theres only one option i think for what the melee weapon could be. Claws. These claws would match the previous weapons in design and also be either crit slash or Viral slash. Their unique trait in the new warframes hands would be that as your combo counter grows it gains energy around the claws that what released on a heavy attack send claw mark projectiles forward that deal heavy damage.

Conclusion

Anyway those are my ideas, either way i love the final concept design (Shown below) and will probably be maining them. It was a great moment to hear that an artist from Darksiders and none other than JOE MADUREIRA was working on this frame was well . . . I screamed audibly.

Final concept art below belongs to Digital extremes and the artist Joe Madureira.

warframe-wolf-concept-joe-maduereira-ful

Thanks to Goatly Gamer for the ideas of the passive working off allies and companions.

On 2022-07-17 at 4:43 PM, (PSN)W0LF-IMPERIAL- said:

Introduction

The wolf warframe is one ive been waiting for ever since my first time playing the game. It took them long enough but the design looks truly brutal, primal and looks like they will be really vicious.

I know theres no chance this will be seen by enough people to get it in DE's eyes and even less that this is what the frame will do but id still hate myself if i didn't get these out there. If they do end up taking inspiration thats great too ofcourse.

Warframe stats

"An apex predator on the battlefields. Striking fear into those previously thought fearless. Fighting tooth and claw tearing the flesh from bone. As loyal as a kubrow yet as lethal as a honed blade. This is ________."

I decided that this Warframe is the perfect frame to also lack sheilds as its theme to me gives off a primal feeling. I was also going to originally have this frame use health as its energy but decided against it. I struck a balance between Inaros and Nidus for these stats. To me this Warframe feels like they belong up there in the "Too angry to die" category of characters alongside Guts from Berserk, Doom Slayer or Doom guy from Doom, Ganon from Legend of Zelda and the likes so being a frame with high health and armor just feels right.

Ability concepts

Ability 1: The first ability i thought of could be a shoulder charge or leap. When at max distance of the shoulder charge or on recast of the shoulder charge your tail of energy could explode. You would deal impact or slashing damage as you run staggering those you hit (The design looks heavy and sharp so its a toss up) with the AOE explosion being a mix of blast and viral damage (Maybe a different damage type but since lycanthropy is contracted and the claws/teeth of most creatures cause infections i thought viral could help and make sense.)

If the leap then it could explode when landing dealing impact to those you land near and again exploding with blast and viral damage (Again damage types could be swapped around.).

Maybe both of these abilities could be in one? A sprinting stace where you deal minor impact or slashing and stagger like the shoulder charge when sprinting but you could melee to shoulder bash or jump to leap. There could be a reticle that shows where the explosion could happen on the floor.

Ability 2: The second ability i thought would be really cool if it could group so it makes it easier for you to use your abilities effectively and build up your passive. With this ability you cast it on a area and the heads create a ring that closes over time knocking anyone it hits towards the centre and dealing slight damage. Could even also explode if charged or leapt into using the first ability or when reaching the end of its uptime. Great synergy for rest of the kit. This also echoes the behaviour of wolves stalking prey as a pack.

Ability 3: The 3rd ability might be cool if it was a buff potentially a toggle or stack based one.

If it were a toggle: it could drain your health but gives you armor and lifesteal to really sell that feral theme and playstyle or maybe that feeling of a starving beast looking for its next meal.

My other idea is technically already taken but ill put it here anyway you would lunge forward and grab an enemy much akin to the Necramech Bonewidow. You could melee to throw them or recast to drain/devour them which would add one stack or a % to the buff that could again be armor and lifesteal. Maybe the higher the buff is though the more health is being lost over time. This is similar to a Necramech ability and a Grendel ability. If we want a visual representation of these stacks we could have a bigger tail, more energy heads or a energy moon above the Warframe's head.

Ability 4: My favourite idea is the 4th ability. This would be a howl that summons the energy heads around you that will bite when you use a melee attack dealing damage probably Viral and piercing or slash. The heads would fly out towards your crosshairs and deal damage along the path when shooting with ranged weaponry if an enemy that wasjust hit by a head is hot again with another they could even explode for a small AOE. Maybe this could also have one circle each ally in range upon its initial cast to deal slight thorns or lash out at enemies in range to sell the pack idea. Possibly an augment idea?

Passive: As for passive id love for the frame to have the ability to full on wall crawl but that's a bit far so i thought of maybe a bloodlust idea? The more enemies around you the more armor, lifesteal or ability power you get. Could also be the total amount of enemy missing health around you as if the spilled blood is driving the frame mad and it deteriorates over time. 

Another idea is something that allows her to either bypass or shred enemy armor and or sheilds with her abilities. Maybe converting a % of her Ability strength or efficiency into shred or damage bypass.

Name ideas

I think the frames names is a different matter since theres so much you could pull inspiration from. I was initially not going to add this but i love mythology so much and have a few decent enough ideas i thought id add them.

However mythology has a ton of interesting and fun hounds and wolves to pull from such as: Fenrir from Norse mythology, Skoll and Hati the Norse wolves who chase the sun and moon, Geri and Freki other names for Skoll and Hati i believe, Romulus and Remus could be fun names to make spins on since they were raised by a She-wolf you could akin to the Lotus maybe Romula or Rema, Asena founder of the Ashina clan, Amarok has potential as it fits well in warframes current naming conventions with is sounds and Amarok is a monstrous wolf and night hunter, Im going to throw Cerubia out there a feminine spin on Cerberus with the numerous heads and we all know Cerberus as the gaurdian of the underworlds gates. Last but not least theres Mauthe the hound from Greek mythology which could pair well with our 50th warframe being this sheild and spear centurion/spartan warrior.

Conclusion

Anyway those are my ideas, either way i love the final concept design and will probably be maining them. It was a great moment to hear that an artist from Darksiders and none other than JOE MADUEREIA was working on this frame was well . . . I screamed audibly.

Some of these ideas are really cool, they may already have abilities in mind for the frame if they dont I like some of these ideas let me give you my take.

Ability 1: Mobility abilities that dont give a second purpose go unused in warframe. EX: Valkyr's 1 I would replace this with a bite that deals huge slash damage and/ or lifesteals. Alternatively, summon an ephemeral wolf to bite and bring prey to you while debuffing with viral in the process. The charge mechanic may work, it'd be cool if the charge then bite and mauls the enemy hit by it.

Ability 2: I like the idea of a grouping tool. How about a stationary cast where you howl and enemies are lured to you in close AOE, once in close AOE wolfs/kubrows spawn to distract them and damage them with the aforementioned debuffs.

Ability 3. Love the idea of toggled ability that gives increasing life steal over time at the cost of health. Armor however falloffs pretty early on and additional buildup would lose purpose. So How about just more total health with every kill? Note: when killing an enemy it wont heal health, only damaging and life stealing enemies would heal. MELEE ONLY for balance purposes

Ability 4: I was hoping to see a literal wolf form in the frame. Where you then rampage as a wolf. If not this summon an ephemeral pack. That does the charge then bite and maul enemy.

Alternatively just make the 2 a normal taunt in Aoe non-stationary without the wolves.

You could then make the 4 this taunt a smaller AOE and have the wolves circle you and damage anything in that AOE. This could be toggled or a set duration.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

Some of these ideas are really cool, they may already have abilities in mind for the frame if they dont I like some of these ideas let me give you my take.

Ability 1: Mobility abilities that dont give a second purpose go unused in warframe. EX: Valkyr's 1 I would replace this with a bite that deals huge slash damage and/ or lifesteals. Alternatively, summon an ephemeral wolf to bite and bring prey to you while debuffing with viral in the process. The charge mechanic may work, it'd be cool if the charge then bite and mauls the enemy hit by it.

Ability 2: I like the idea of a grouping tool. How about a stationary cast where you howl and enemies are lured to you in close AOE, once in close AOE wolfs/kubrows spawn to distract them and damage them with the aforementioned debuffs.

Ability 3. Love the idea of toggled ability that gives increasing life steal over time at the cost of health. Armor however falloffs pretty early on and additional buildup would lose purpose. So How about just more total health with every kill? Note: when killing an enemy it wont heal health, only damaging and life stealing enemies would heal. MELEE ONLY for balance purposes

Ability 4: I was hoping to see a literal wolf form in the frame. Where you then rampage as a wolf. If not this summon an ephemeral pack. That does the charge then bite and maul enemy.

Alternatively just make the 2 a normal taunt in Aoe non-stationary without the wolves.

You could then make the 4 this taunt a smaller AOE and have the wolves circle you and damage anything in that AOE. This could be toggled or a set duration.

Some of your ideas are really good too! I tried to keep to a solid idea and go for what DE and Joe said they had in mind for her. I had to keep the energy heads and tail in mind.

On 2022-07-24 at 1:42 AM, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

I mustve missed the energy head bit.

The final concept is now on the bottom of the post. You should clearly be able to see the tail and heads of energy that i kept in mind for my ability ideas. :D

Im slowly just adding more and more, I'm seriously addicted to this frame.

If anyone has any of their own ideas please feel free to add them! The more we get out there the higher the chance DE might take them for inspiration.

On 2022-07-17 at 10:43 PM, (PSN)W0LF-IMPERIAL- said:

Introduction

The wolf warframe is one ive been waiting for ever since my first time playing the game. It took them long enough but the design looks truly brutal, primal and looks like they will be really vicious.

Warframe stats

"An apex predator on the battlefields. Striking fear into those previously thought fearless. Fighting tooth and claw tearing the flesh from bone. As loyal as a kubrow yet as lethal as a honed blade. This is ________."

I decided that this Warframe is the perfect frame to also lack sheilds as its theme to me gives off a primal feeling. I was also going to originally have this frame use health as its energy but decided against it. I struck a balance between Inaros and Nidus for these stats. To me this Warframe feels like they belong up there in the "Too angry to die" category of characters alongside Guts from Berserk, Doom Slayer or Doom guy from Doom, Ganon from Legend of Zelda and the likes so being a frame with high health and armor just feels right.

Ability concepts

Ability 1: The first ability i thought of could be a shoulder charge or leap. When at max distance of the shoulder charge or on recast of the shoulder charge your tail of energy could explode. You would deal impact or slashing damage as you run staggering those you hit (The design looks heavy and sharp so its a toss up) with the AOE explosion being a mix of blast and viral damage (Maybe a different damage type but since lycanthropy is contracted and the claws/teeth of most creatures cause infections i thought viral could help and make sense.)

If the leap then it could explode when landing dealing impact to those you land near and again exploding with blast and viral damage (Again damage types could be swapped around.).

Maybe both of these abilities could be in one? A sprinting stace where you deal minor impact or slashing and stagger like the shoulder charge when sprinting but you could melee to shoulder bash or jump to leap. There could be a reticle that shows where the explosion could happen on the floor.

Ability 2: The second ability i thought would be really cool if it could group so it makes it easier for you to use your abilities effectively and build up your passive. With this ability you cast it on a area and the heads create a ring that closes over time knocking anyone it hits towards the centre and dealing slight damage. Could even also explode if charged or leapt into using the first ability or when reaching the end of its uptime. Great synergy for rest of the kit. This also echoes the behaviour of wolves stalking prey as a pack.

Ability 3: The 3rd ability might be cool if it was a buff potentially a toggle or stack based one.

If it were a toggle: it could drain your health but gives you armor and lifesteal to really sell that feral theme and playstyle or maybe that feeling of a starving beast looking for its next meal.

My other idea is technically already taken but ill put it here anyway you would lunge forward and grab an enemy much akin to the Necramech Bonewidow. You could melee to throw them or recast to drain/devour them which would add one stack or a % to the buff that could again be armor and lifesteal. Maybe the higher the buff is though the more health is being lost over time. This is similar to a Necramech ability and a Grendel ability. If we want a visual representation of these stacks we could have a bigger tail, more energy heads or a energy moon above the Warframe's head.

Ability 4: My favourite idea is the 4th ability. This would be a howl that summons the energy heads around you that will bite when you use a melee attack dealing damage probably Viral and piercing or slash. The heads would fly out towards your crosshairs and deal damage along the path when shooting with ranged weaponry if an enemy that wasjust hit by a head is hot again with another they could even explode for a small AOE. Maybe this could also have one circle each ally in range upon its initial cast to deal slight thorns or lash out at enemies in range to sell the pack idea. Possibly an augment idea?

Passive: As for passive id love for the frame to have the ability to full on wall crawl but that's a bit far so i thought of maybe a bloodlust idea? The more enemies around you the more armor, lifesteal or ability power you get. Could also be the total amount of enemy missing health around you as if the spilled blood is driving the frame mad and it deteriorates over time. 

Name ideas

Weapon concepts

I could make a thread aslong as Warframes lore about weapon concepts but for this i wanted them to work with the frames design and abilities. I have also decided to only give ideas in one of each category so one primary, secondary and melee.

Primary: So for this weapon i think a nice heavy rifle would fit best. One that can rip shrapnel at high speeds. Either a crit and slash based stat set or a Element viral based stat set would fit best. I was thinking of a gun that can switch fire modes much like the Tiberon that launched fang like projectiles in a shotgun, Full auto and semi auto firemodes. The design for all these weapons could look similar to the Bad Juju (Shown below) from Destiny crossed with the Grim Marrow (Also shown below) from Outriders. A bony like design with one of the wolf skulls on it. Its passive in "Wolf inspired Warframes" hands could be that it ignores a small % of Sheild/Armor or has a small % lifesteal.

Bad Juju (Destiny)

YUW4K6qwEEXP2ZoqXqiVdW-1200-80.jpg.webp

Grim Marrow (Outriders) 

Outriders-2021.03.03-16.28.33.02.00_00_4

Secondary: These i thought would be cool if they were wrist mounted wolf skulls that launched energy much like the Staticor or Yangs ember celica from the Rooster teeth's show RWBY but shoot the fang like projectiles that are either crit slash or viral slash. These could also have a similar passive to what i suggested for the primary.

Melee: Theres only one option i think for what the melee weapon could be. Claws. These claws would match the previous weapons in design and also be either crit slash or Viral slash. Their unique trait in the new warframes hands would be that as your combo counter grows it gains energy around the claws that what released on a heavy attack send claw mark projectiles forward that deal heavy damage.

Conclusion

Anyway those are my ideas, either way i love the final concept design (Shown below) and will probably be maining them. It was a great moment to hear that an artist from Darksiders and none other than JOE MADUREIRA was working on this frame was well . . . I screamed audibly.

Final concept art below belongs to Digital extremes and the artist Joe Madureira.

warframe-wolf-concept-joe-maduereira-ful

I think the 1st is a bit too similar to rhino's charge and gauss' 1st as a tap cast but I like it, a nice straightforward ability is always good for a 1st.

I really love the passive but I would personally change it so instead of buffs when enemies are near I'd buff when allies are near like players, companions and specters to really get into and strengthen the wolf pack idea that you have for the 4th along with adding more synergy.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Goatly gamer said:

I think the 1st is a bit too similar to rhino's charge and gauss' 1st as a tap cast but I like it, a nice straightforward ability is always good for a 1st.

I really love the passive but I would personally change it so instead of buffs when enemies are near I'd buff when allies are near like players, companions and specters to really get into and strengthen the wolf pack idea that you have for the 4th along with adding more synergy

I really like that idea for the passive! Ill add it as a alternative idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Since her wolves now have names, I wonder if the abilities themselves are named after them and their roles... e.g. Raksh's Wrath, for offense/aggression.

I'm curious if the feed-the-pack role wolf would have anything to do with lifesteal, orb/ammo, even loot drop chance. Seems to give off that "Scavenger" vibe.

Since the wolfheads are supposedly dead Kubrows, one of the abilities should indeed summon spirit wolves either as flying heads or ethereal full-body Wolfbrows for that wolfpack leader power fantasy.

Archived