Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Armaggeddon feedback

ImWithDerp

I generally like the new Zariman mission types but feel Void Armaggeddon has significant room for adjustment. My issues with it are:

1. Too much downtime between waves (especially when switching from one objective to another)
  2. Rotations feel too long
  3. The other exodamper coming under attack while the current one is still under attack (unlike excavators where we can choose to focus on defending one at a time)
  4. Too much empty distance between objectives (the distance also exacerbates issues 1-3)

I also wish the drop tables were more generous but that's outside the scope of this feedback.

Some suggestions:

1. Add blink pads/teleporters between both exodampers and the relic drive, then shorten the pause between waves since we no longer need to spend as much time travelling between them
  2. Make only 1 objective vulnerable at a time (the one we are prompted to defend), and add a path between the exodampers (without going through the relic room) that enemies attacking one exodamper will take if the exodamper they are attacking becomes invulnerable and the other exodamper becomes vulnerable
  3. If rotations are still too long (more than 5 minutes between rounds) then consider changing each round from 3 exodampers + 1 void angel to 2 exodampers + 1 void angel, if doing this would make rotations too short then exodamper waves could be slightly lengthened

Of the suggestions above, I feel suggestion 1 would have the biggest impact, it should even help with defending both exodampers at once. Suggestions 2 and 3 would still be nice cherries on top!

Thanks for reading!

I think that the Void Armaggedon is an interesting game mode that could be really fun. But I do agree that in the actual state, that game mode feels slow with the 3 waves for 1 rotation,and so going for the Rotation C kinda seems like a chore.

I'm not sure if your first 2 ideas will make it better, after all it'll still be 3 waves to do.

On my side I was thinking, how about reworking the rotation ? Make it similar to how Disruption works.

Basically the idea would be to have the number of Exodamper intact being the rotation factor. None are destroyed means rot C, 1 destroyed is rot B, and both destroyed is rot A.

That mission will still be a bit long with that system (after all it'll still be 3 waves), but at least it'll be way faster to go on rot C.

I think the travel time and distance are perfectly fine. Kinda like a more stressful excavation. Although they(dampers and the main objective) should be tougher and it should be more noticeable if they are taking damage or even if they have enemies nearby. I frequently cleared most of the wave, but had some stragglers come after I left and went to the other damper.

There are 2 significant problems tho. The turrets suck. Considering the fact that they exist temporarily, need some time and attention to set up(however small), which could've been spent clearing enemies instead, they don't pay off nearly enough. Those should be way more effective and I'd like more of them, so it's possible to go full tower defence for a wave or two after banking argozene. It's not like that will last long anyway. It also somewhat fixes the point I wrote above.

Second problem is the rewards. Which is a complete dealbreaker. Weapon parts(such as Hespar blade) are, for one, too rare, and two, diluted in the pool of garbage, in every Zariman mission reward table. Market has that part listed at 200p. Vaulted prime sets cost that much. Entire Prime Warframe sets as much as a single piece of a single weapon. That's ludicrous. There is 0 reason to do this mode, as it's awful for trying to get literally anything, again, except that artificially scarce weapon part. It's as if DE intended it to be a lvl 15-20 mission. The rewards need a significant overhaul.

Personally, I don't get why those need to be mission rewards in the first place. If anything, it makes sense to make them drop from Thrax enemies, which actually use those.

It is by far one of the worst and most boring things I´ve ever done in Warframe and currently it is sharing the rank 1 spot along with meta arbitration farming (4 players stand still in a spot and spam ogris for 1h+).

Cascade and flood are nice but holy Jesus is armageddon bad and that is not even an understatement.

From there barely being any enemies to constantly moving from A to B to A to B to... yeah you get it to having to do 4 (right?) waves for the C rotation (which is the only reason the mode is ever even played) for the hespar blade.

.... and the angel is not even the good angel that drops a pinion... bruh.

The main issue I have with it is that it's hard to see things getting attacked in your peripheral vision.

Anything taking damage should have those flashing warning symbols beside them. Too many times we've been trying to defend an exolizer, only for Calvero to say something FAR too late about the Relic being nearly dead despite there having been no indication that enemies were going to attack it, because one or two just happened to wander by and attack it.

Also the health scaling of the exolizers and the relic is just bad. It's like old excavators all over again - they barely get a boost even at double the level of the normal mission during bounties.

So my 2 cents:

- Activate the wave immediately after 1 person reaches the point
- make the rotation a ABC and not AABC or make it like disruption  AABBCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC.
- remove credits and endo from AB also remove lenses from rotation C and make the relics on rota C radiant.
- make the angels drop pinions instead of quills
- the arcane drop chance are incredable low.
- angels one shotting eternal relic when they go to around lvl 200
- if you finished a bounty you are forcefully extracted even when you are finishing a around. if you kill the angel at the round the timer resets but the extraction will go when the previous timer has finished counting down.
- Sometimes void angels jump to your tileset
- Sometimes mob spawns with the void angel, sometimes they do not. the tileset they spawn on is so random.
- Exodamper spawn points their mobs get stuck and when the arch angel spawns they get released causing problems in the missions.
- Mesa and Madurai make this entire mission braindead.

These are things we noticed farming for more then 5 hours.
Right now there is just no point is doing void armaggeddon compared to the other missions.
all of these are just suggestions 

18 hours ago, IdrisQe said:

The main issue I have with it is that it's hard to see things getting attacked in your peripheral vision.

Anything taking damage should have those flashing warning symbols beside them. Too many times we've been trying to defend an exolizer, only for Calvero to say something FAR too late about the Relic being nearly dead despite there having been no indication that enemies were going to attack it, because one or two just happened to wander by and attack it.

Also the health scaling of the exolizers and the relic is just bad. It's like old excavators all over again - they barely get a boost even at double the level of the normal mission during bounties.

The more I read this... The more Grateful I am I got my Hespar so Quickly 😱 !!!

My experiences and thoughts on it:

-Time between waves is fine, although I could see starting it early like defection.

-Rewards for the first three rounds aren't worth it, rounds A and B. It's a 50% chance for 5,000 or 7,500 credits. At this point in the game, this reward is the equivalent of saying you don't get a reward. That's what this feels like. For the first three rounds you have a 50% chance to not get a reward. The credit rewards could be removed entirely and the other drops raised accordingly and I think that would help a lot. 

-If you try to make a tower defense mode, lean into it a bit more. If you're worried about too many armaments causing performance issues, cap the amount, and make them upgradable with argozene. Things like increased damage, increased range, or the aoe turrets not needing line of sight can be mutually exclusive upgrade paths. If performance is not an issue then proc rate and fire rate are also options, as well as more esoteric options like ricocheting bullets or an explosion when the turret expires. Armaments should also scale with enemy level if they don't already.

-The void angel: I've seen players who aren't as kitted out as me having trouble killing it. If it's going to drop a quill, make it slightly easier. Otherwise, make it drop a pinion like the others, at least in the normal missions. I could see only the bounties dropping quills because the bounties are mainly for getting quills. 

I think most of the problems with this mission are the fact that it takes longer for less rewards than other missions, with nothing in the mission itself to make up for it. The only rewards people play it for are the rotation C blade and stance, and I understand why those are a fairly low chance, however that doesn't mean the rotation A and B rewards have to also be terrible. Just removing the credit rewards would go a long way towards making people feel better about doing this mission. I know a lot of people that hated the Nidus farm, but because you have a high chance of relics it was a lot more bearable. At least you were getting something even when you didn't get the part you wanted. These are the suggestions I think are reasonable. 

Now for the other ones:

-Armament placement like decorations, and can upgrade to be permanent with no limit on turret count.
-Void angels that are harder than the normal ones, because this mission is guaranteed to spawn them.
-No downtime between waves
-Can activate exodampers with all players, causing it to detonate to make the game harder for increased argozene drops.

-Armaments have full upgrade paths and perk trees like a true tower defense game. 
-You can get enough turrets to lag the game out.

-Void angels can destroy turrets.

These are the suggestions I think are unreasonable. 

I am a proudly  player who want to farm any items in Warframe by myself (if possible)

But today (5 min ago) I, after wasting 1hr of my playtime in Armaggeddon (and mission failed at round 11), more than happy to say "It is not worth (to farm) it"

The gameplay is TOO LONG to get rot C

My Suggestions would be:
1. Like others said its rotation should be ABCCC..
2. or Attach Weapon parts to Angel
3. remove normal lens from drop-table 

Archived