Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idk why de does this...

8 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

So where's the quote or statement claiming a single frames kit is supposed to efficiently excel solo at steel path? 

I don't remember any devs making such a statement. 

no one is asking for a Warframe's kit alone to carry them through steel path. they're just arguing about functionality and how useful it is.

please stop with the strawman arguments.

23 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You don't "rely" on weapons. They are also a part of your kit. 

Your kit is actually an Operator, your gear wheel, 2 guns and a sword, your warframe, and 3 slots in a mission where 3 other players with their own Operator, gear wheel, 2 guns and a sword and their own warframes all help each other out.

You are actually supposed to struggle if you expect to solo any high level mission. 

Well no as someone pointed out, kit is the frame, 4 skills + passive + base hp/shields/armor/energy/extra.

23 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

So where's the quote or statement claiming a single frames kit is supposed to efficiently excel solo at steel path? 

I don't remember any devs making such a statement. 

No one is demanding that though. Maybe you should take some time to read what is actually written before replying? What I said was use in a worthwhile way, where the kit actually benefits the loadout so it is worth spending that energy and cast time on the skill in conjunction with your weapons and so on. For Gyre that just isnt possible because the damage from her skills are weak, her passive is pointless due to that reason and her CC covers very small targeted areas, and one of the CC aspects have a horrible hitbox. And if that wasnt bad enough, the cast time on all her skills is slow, especially if you want them to target something "over there". Ontop of the skills she is also a fragile frame, so having slow skills that require decent targetting aswell isnt exactly ideal.

There are just so many parts of her kit that simply dont work well together. At the moment I'd place her below Yareli, because Yareli atleast has solid fire and forget CC that is fast and spammable, the fish improves TTL and her 4 is fairly fast to group up things. But that is like saying you prefer the bubonic plague over cholera. :clem:

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

For Gyre that just isnt possible because the damage from her skills are weak, her passive is pointless due to that reason and her CC covers very small targeted areas, and one of the CC aspects have a horrible hitbox. And if that wasnt bad enough, the cast time on all her skills is slow, especially if you want them to target something "over there". Ontop of the skills she is also a fragile frame, so having slow skills that require decent targetting aswell isnt exactly ideal

21aqbc.jpg

On 2022-08-14 at 10:25 PM, (XBOX)Shodian said:

21aqbc.jpg

Since we talk about higher content it is true. Adding a very small DoT tick will do nothing to help her kill faster, and relying on her CC to land before taking effect wont really help her either in a situation where you actually need CC. And that is how Gyre works, everything has slow travel time, covers fairly small areas and deal low damage over time. As I said previously, she works versus infested since they always come running for you, so easy to get into the AoE. But versus a ranged faction that just wont work since they wont come running, they wont pile up like infested and so on. And when armor starts to come into effect, the damage from her skills will be abyssmal.

So her kit will not benefit your loadout in a wortwhile way, the energy and time spent casting a skill will not give a valueble return, since it wont speed up killing or help you survive much better. Vauban, Protea, Ember, Saryn, Banshee, Garuda and other frames give you value on return when using their skills, same with Volt, Harrow and other frames in higher content. Gyre throws wet noodles at the enemy at that point.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

And when armor starts to come into effect, the damage from her skills will be abyssmal

Maybe she's not meant to be a damage dealing frame. Perhaps you should build her differently. 

Again I want to reiterate, not every frame is going to be good at everything. That's why Wukong is getting a looksie. 

You have to play every frame differently,  use Gyre for infested only then. Who cares if you only use her for that? Lol

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Maybe she's not meant to be a damage dealing frame. Perhaps you should build her differently. 

Again I want to reiterate, not every frame is going to be good at everything. That's why Wukong is getting a looksie. 

You have to play every frame differently,  use Gyre for infested only then. Who cares if you only use her for that? Lol

If Gyre isn't supposed to deal damage, why does she have that passive?  Why do most of her abilities relate to damage dealing?  If Gyre's focus isn't damage, then what is she good for?  Tepid CC with a delay?

I don't need Gyre to be good at everything.  I would just like her to be good at something.  Something other than doing mediocre to passable damage to squishy targets, which everything can already do.

I want to like Gyre.  Her shift dodge is really cool.  Her sound direction is top notch.  But her abilities leave a lot to be desired.  And she's been out long enough for me to assume that DE is done with her at this point.  She might get some attention when a deluxe skin drops for her, or when her prime releases.  But I'm not going to hold my breath.

19 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

If she's not ment as a damage frame then why does all of her CC rely on simple electric procs for CC? Or if she is ment to be tanky, where are her tank stats, or shield tank syneriges in her skill kit? Where are all those things in her kit that makes her good at something at all? Why is her passive about increasing her damage, why does she have an active crit buff if she isnt ment to deal damage? Why was her 4 a massive damage dealer?

A frame is supposed to be good at something atleast, Gyre doesnt even manage that.

Why use her for infested when she isnt even particularly good at that? It is the one thing she works for, that doesnt mean she does it very well or notably strong. She's behind so many frames even there and those frame arent struggling at other things either.

Archived