Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I just want to fish in peace

Genitive

In this thread I would like to talk about the range the enemies can spot us from. It is related to side activities in open worlds, which can become quite unbearable when I am constantly shot at from very far away, or when a Tusk Bolkor decides to spawn over my head and start blasting. It wouldn't annoy me as much, but Nightwave requires fishing and mining, so this issue becomes more noticeable.

There are several things I would like to see.

• Reduce aggro range of unalerted enemies in open worlds. Currently, they can spot us from 100+ meters. I think this could be reduced to about 50 meters. It would feel better in general if the game allowed us to be more stealthy in open worlds. Same goes for any turrets. 
  • Don't spawn ships that can shoot us or reduce their spawn rate when no bounty is active. It is fine when things like Bolkors spawn during bounties, but outside of them they are a big annoyance. And reduce their aggro range as well. They have no business spotting us so easily.
  • If possible, increase lag between the moment the enemy spots us and gets alerted so we have time to run away. Or make the cautious state last longer before they open fire. An opportunity to avoid confrontations would be appreciated.
  • Make enemies lose aggro faster, unless a bounty is active. AI can be pretty relentless when pursuing us (e.g., I don't think Dargyns lose aggro at all). When no bounty is active, enemies should more or less stick to the perimeters of their bases and avoid pursuing us for too long. 

i just use Ivara with Infiltrate and high strength, with high strength she can get to a decent speed. i have her at +75% movement speed atm i think.

but ya, the open worlds are a pain to do if you don't abuse invisibility. always love fishing and having a giant digging machine jump onto me.

or having annoying guys that fly around and just constantly do shooting runs on you.

I'd settle for new enemies just not spawning when you equip a fishing spear equipped. Mining is more mobile, so I'm not sure what to do there, but fishing? I've been standing in the same spot for about 15min, can I just be left alone? I got hotspots to fish.

My current workaround I only need on Orb Vallis: I drop two specters near where things tend to spawn in. It works... most of the time.

2 hours ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

I'd settle for new enemies just not spawning when you equip a fishing spear equipped. Mining is more mobile, so I'm not sure what to do there, but fishing? I've been standing in the same spot for about 15min, can I just be left alone? I got hotspots to fish.

My current workaround I only need on Orb Vallis: I drop two specters near where things tend to spawn in. It works... most of the time.

Why game cannot just make you invisible (to enemies).

Ah yeah I went with Loki as my solution. Loki + Oxylus is pretty much my open world go-to, but even then it can still be annoying to shift out all my fishing gear (especially if I have lures out) and deal with something, and then get all back into again. The amount of gear steps involved in that whole process is quite ugly.

Also, when thumpers spawn near you, they're super annoying and will use their artillery on you even when invisible.

Unless you are fishing on steel path this should be a non-issue once you hit 100 hours or so. Several solutions have already been mentioned and there are several more. Like railjack crew or specters.

Once you get stacked on items fishing in steel path is not going to be a problem either.

Archived