Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maculatia Kavat skin outside Khora bundle

Reaper_Reborn

I was looking through some stuff on the market when I saw the Maculatia kavat skin in the Khora deluxe bundle for the 1st time. Im a returning player who switched to PC with a new account. I just never bumped into it and most likely its just because I had purchased the Khora Prime bundle when I started my new account so didnt dig much with khora afterwards, in regards to the market. 

I saw the skin and was immediately jealous, even with the amazing look of venari prime or not, a semi volton sabertooth lion hybrid skin for Venari! However, completely unobtainable for unless you buy the bundle. Im not going to get another bundle at least anytime soon, for just 1 part of a bundle because I already have Khora Prime. This has been something i noticed with other warframe bundles as well, and it raises the question for players who have already obtained a bundle from a prime or prime vault purchase, why are cosmetics from other bundles regarding the same character made unavailable? I think certain cosmetic market items should be made available as an individual item if you already have the prime version.

Or alternatively include prime bundles with bundle exclusive minor cosmetic items, not the full item but skins in regards to weapons/companions that are included. Even if it was a limited number of bundle locked items to choose a couple to be included without the full bundle as a individual coupons or something to go along with prime. Im not sure why so much is made bundle exclusive when there are sets like Prime? The visuals are great but there are a lot of skins I like over the prime version but the weapons and additional items as prime have a large benefit to specs & benefits over the non-prime versions. I got the bundle because I was coming back to the game, fresh with new account (on pc not console my personal preference, but got a new rig with rtx3080) and was excited and thought why not? Its got the extra platinum which makes it even better. I just think the built with the idea of bundling is a way to increase the purchases of higher priced items, but in reality I now look at working on getting my prime builds from relics/trading or warframe.market and then getting bundles will be less of a expense. You do get a positive bonus platinum with Prime bundle purchases, but that 2k bump is a lot smaller if 900 because a cosmetic you want is locked in the bundle. 

maybe im outta the loop but I tried looking for info on potential alternatives to the bundle locked skins, and didnt see anything, and Ive been away from the game to long to know of any methods with my limited knowledge base at the moment. There could be something I dont know about, and hope if thats the case someone please bring me up to speed?! If not it just seems like its a situation with a higher mutual negative outcome for players & game. I know there are large amounts of people who are not tickled and have strong feelings about purchasing items in a f2p game, and everything so Im sure that those can point out my 1st mistake & how this is part of the problem. I respect your opinion & dont need to point it out. Ive taken those points of view into account, just pointing out the issue and if theres a way to get it without full bundle looking for guidance. 

Where are you getting the number "900" from? The bundle with the skin is 225.

There is no way to get around the bundled cosmetics, and I doubt they will change that business model anytime soon considering how long it has been here.

1 hour ago, Reaper_WolfBlooded said:

This has been something i noticed with other warframe bundles as well, and it raises the question for players who have already obtained a bundle from a prime or prime vault purchase, why are cosmetics from other bundles regarding the same character made unavailable?

Because they're from other bundles? You didn't buy the other bundle, so you don't get the other bundle's contents. The Maculatia Kavat Skin doesn't have anything to do with Khora Prime, it's from Khora's completely separate Deluxe skin bundle. If you bought Khora Prime Access and got a bit of plat then why not buy that bundle if you like it? It's 225p.

It'd be nice if more bundle items could be bought separately and DE is somewhat moving towards this model (at least for time limited bundles), but in this case I feel like there's something of a misunderstanding going on.

Archived