Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate System Announced Changes with Sigils, Followup question

Reaper_Reborn

Question

So I was rereading some of the details that where discussed on the latest devstream and I saw the change thats coming for Syndicate interactions- Going from Sigil earned % to the Pledge System, and I thought it sounded like a great move but left me with a question. 
What will happen to Syndicate standing that's negative? If your not representing the Syndicate via your sigil, is there a factor that will make some syndicates still have the two negative tiers you need to crawl out of carefully while juggling the jersey your wearing, and following who sits at the cool kids table at lunch? Is the negative status going to be removed? I think that it would make sense for the syndicates to either have gained favor between tenno and syndicate or remain neutral, because you never know whats popping outta the void next and you may need to call a tenno? 

I wanted to ask about it because I didnt really understand the Syndicate system when I started playing again on PC, and kinda made everyone hate me, except Red Veil & I would prefer not to place extra resources into Rebuilding a relationship with the other syndicates if I wont have to worry about it soon? I thought players that have more experience than me may already kinda have an idea of how this is going to work, but just thought I should ask so I can stop trying to make up to a group I have no connection too, except doing favors they asked me to do!

Any info clarify the matter or just guesses in the mean time, please let me know!

I wish the best of gaming to all the Tenno, and thanks for just reading it even if you cant answer it.

Reaper_Reborn

OH! Dear GODS of Content Release Authority, PLEASE SEND STYANAX OUT TO PLAY!!!! I am really looking forward to him coming. 

7 answers to this question

I don't think the fundemental system is changing, you'll still advance in your chosen syndicate and the opposition will still hate you. The upcoming changes would appear to be cosmetic - no longer have to wear a sigil if you don't want to. The % increase in standing you get is now reflected automatically by the level you've reached.

However, and this is an assumption on my part from what I saw on the devstream, it looks like you might pledge allegiance to a single syndicate for all your frames rather than on an individual basis. 

You can imagine this change as if your pledge is just what your sigils were.

You gain standing via affinity, lose it for the opposite side at the same time. Instead of sigils, though, you can just say "Hey, I want to gain standing with this syndicate" and not have to worry about sigils.

Really, it's not much of a 'change' to syndicates. It's just QoL that makes it so you (A.) Can gain standing on any Warframe without worrying about swapping anything and (B.) Can use sigils as decoration.

Yeah I was confused to, they said some dumb little tiny thing about working on any faction you wanted and I was like "wha....

------------

It will probably work like everyone says.   You just get to decouple the standing gains from having to wear sigils.

==============

But Yeah I would love to have seen it go the one step further!!!   Remove negative standing gain.   Let us work on all the factions.  (I guess that would fubar syndicate assassins lol).   Im just being greedy and would love to purchase 36 relic packs when new relics drop lol.   

Or you know give legendary players more benefits like bigger standing caps or the remove of negative standing.   I had trouble with assassins back when I was a newb but those days are long gone for.   I smoke assassins no matter what kind or where they show up with no effort so whats the point??    I could have all 6 syns pissed at me and not care lol.   

Not until they HP gate them and make them nullify our powers and ignore cc and all that bullcrap.  

You can have 3 syndicates at once, Steel meridian,cephalon and arbiters. They oppose the other 3, new loka, perrin sequence and red veil.

No juggling with standing needed at all when you do either of the 3.

The idea behind them is to promote trading of syndicate weapons and eventually when you buy everything, you can just switch to the other 3 syndicates.

Mastery rank already increases daily standing cap.

Only thing they changed was that you dont need sigil anymore for the 15% extra standing,you just switch pledge now.

I haven't noticed any significant changes in how I gain/lose standing with the syndicates. What I am curious about is what the use of the sigils are since now that they won't be used to gain extra standing. Are they just cosmetic now? If so it seems like spending several thousand standing on a sigil that gives no perks is a bit extreme. 

I think there are pros and cons to removing negative standing. For one thing it makes sense in-universe to be friends with one syndicate and by extension enemies with another, and also be surprised by assassins every now and then keeps you on your toes, but it also is a massive headache gameplay-wise to have to grind for 3 of each at a time, and the assassins aren't an issue for me at this point in the game. I can't think of a good solution to this. Also, buffing the assassins based on MR would be a welcome challenge in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, GriffinLord12 said:

Are they just cosmetic now?

Yes.

2 hours ago, GriffinLord12 said:

If so it seems like spending several thousand standing on a sigil that gives no perks is a bit extreme. 

If you don't care about the cosmetics, sure.  Although a lot of players will get to a point where the standing costs don't look like much and they've got little else on which to spend it.

IMO they've moved from quasi-mandatory purchases early on to totally optional perks later.   That's a good thing.

Archived