Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yo, DE! How about some expansion to survival missions? :):):)

(XBOX)Architect Prime

Survival missions have a pretty addictive history in Warframe. Allot of the more Veteran players can probably recall countless long survival runs that went on for hours. It's historically been the mode that build for and test themselves on. The chill hangout bros have loved to sit around in survival mission, just chillin'. I also recall survival being the most played mission type for years, but I could be mistaken. Survival missions are a gameplay sandbox where you can do things your way, which is appealing to good number of players as well. 

My suggestion would be to expand survival missions with more things that the player can choose to do. For example, there could be terminals that get marked on the map every five minutes and the player can choose to go do the miniature mobile defense if they want. Or a miniature interception. Really a mini version of almost eny objective type would fit nicely into the survival sandbox. Kuva survival proved that this can be done and be succeful, especially if there are additional rewards to be earned through the addional dynamics and activities added to the mission. This helps to discourage AFK gameplay as the player can potentially earn rewards much faster by doing to optional objectives constantly. 

Beyond purely mechanics, I would like to see more situations than just life support. Variety in this way would greatly help to make every mission feel unique. Maybe in the first five minutes, they release radiation or infestation spores that the life support prevents, the spores already being a thing. Maybe the enemy is planting void related things on the map and you have to activate those like life support in order to prevent reality from getting messed up in the place. And of course, regular life supprt gets its five minutes runs in here and there. ALSO, it would be cool if the lone operative was actually raiding the ship and not just mentioned lol. 

Overall, I think that survival has a ton of potential. I also want there to be railjack survival missions + necramech possabilities. 

While survivals hold a place in my Warframe history from the beginning when I was starting out the game and that was the main form of endurance.... I drifted apart from them quite a lot because I simply find them too boring and easy.

I gravitate almost exclusively nowadays to disruption & void cascade & etc. because it´s basically survival... BUT with extra tasks and objectives to fill it in which makes it much more fun than just focusing on your own survival which gets really boring for me pretty fast as there are no other objectives.

Archived