Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker Week 2 : My thoughts

mega_lova_nia

Alright, so, I've recently finished this week's veilbreaker mission and i must say the level design and mechanics is immaculate and I can't wait to see more mission types in the future. However, this is only the second mission we had and it still feels like a handmade mission to introduce us to new mechanics. What I'm curious and rather worried about is how they're going to move forward with this format. Slowly but surely, we'll be introduced to new level types, but after that what's next? I assume that even DE wouldn't and couldn't bother with hand making new missions every week, although that would be such a remarkable dedication if they chose to do so. Which means that missions will start being automatically generated. I wonder how many variations will they make with this game mode, how many dialogues, environments, enemies, or tiles they're concocting behind the scenes. To me, this game is a perfect opportunity for DE to show off their dedication towards the community by showing how much they're willing to expand on this formula and keep it interesting for longer. In the end, yes, this game mode will eventually become stale like any other games, however, I'm sure that we would appreciate a show of dedication to this game mode. As for the Archon hunt, well, Chipper's shop does bring down the value of archon hunts. Therefore I still think we deserve more than just a shard and a sortie reward for it. Perhaps give us extra rewards in archon hunts? Maybe extra sortie rewards, extra rare drops maybe? A dollar for the extra difficulty?

Also, how the hell can chipper obtain shards? Dude must've had a good inside supplier or a tough soab. Imagine the battles this dude has with archons especially with the attitude he has.

I like the new level design

I don't like how freaking MASSIVE the commute is between the arenas in stage 3. Just put the Deacons right next to the shrines, there's no reason to make us travel a total of 2 km just for those stupid helmets

Also, if the level scaling in 4-player squads was meant to keep us from breezing through them so easily, it failed. Every 4-player squad I was in was practically fighting over kills like usual

2 hours ago, mega_lova_nia said:

Which means that missions will start being automatically generated. I wonder how many variations will they make with this game mode, how many dialogues, environments, enemies, or tiles they're concocting behind the scenes. To me, this game is a perfect opportunity for DE to show off their dedication towards the community by showing how much they're willing to expand on this formula and keep it interesting for longer.

...My money is on it being the EXACT same 3 missions over, and over, and over again with no changes at all. But I like your optimism!

37 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

...My money is on it being the EXACT same 3 missions over, and over, and over again with no changes at all. But I like your optimism!

This is doubtful considering there are 5 ranks for the faction. There are 3 mission types but there will likely be at least 5 missions on rotation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-09-15 at 8:55 AM, Leqesai said:

This is doubtful considering there are 5 ranks for the faction. There are 3 mission types but there will likely be at least 5 missions on rotation.

Ahahaha, we were both wrong. There are only 2 missions (and you get to repeat the intro quest).

Archived