The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

kahl's genestamp challenge is impossible to complete consistently

catuluo

i have just spent over an hour over 2 runs doing the new kahl mission, and got all challenges done the first time other than genestamps, which i got 4/5. i figured i must have missed one, and resolved to do it again and check absolutely every spot this time. i spent 33m combing the entire map, backtracking with the jetpack, clipping out of bounds even to check if it was hidden behind terrain. after doing all that, finding 11 corpses in all, and being absolutely sure i went over every area in that mission, i still got 4/5.
i think the spawn rates should be buffed because as is, the game doesnt seem to spawn enough genestamps for the challenge. it will help the mission feel more consistent and fair, and bring it line with the difficulty of the other challenges (which is moderate, not absurd like this one).
conclusion/tldr: genestamp challenge is absurdly harder than the other challenges by a large margain, DE please buff spawn rate.
(if you are going to comment "well i had no problem and found all 5 genestamps on the first 5 corpses, git gud lmao" that is not helpful.)

I am having the same issue with the genestamps. The most I have found in one run so far is 4. I am also having the same issue with the Ostrons. I found 4/5 on the first run and only 3/5 on the second. I went over each map section multiple times on my second run to make absolutely sure I did not miss any surfaces and still ended up with 3/5 tags and 3/5 Ostrons.

I had the same issue with genestamps on "Junk Run" and the same issue with confiscated board parts in the previous mission.

I also couldn't complete 5 kills within 3 seconds no matter how long I tried, including having parked all my grineer buddies on the opposite end of the map, damaging 5 spawned sentients to ~1hp, and then killing them all in a split second. Still couldn't get credit. Spent ages trying. Extremely frustrating.

Also having same issue with the Genestamps... =(

8 hours ago, Wookins said:

I had the same issue with genestamps on "Junk Run" and the same issue with confiscated board parts in the previous mission.

I also couldn't complete 5 kills within 3 seconds no matter how long I tried, including having parked all my grineer buddies on the opposite end of the map, damaging 5 spawned sentients to ~1hp, and then killing them all in a split second. Still couldn't get credit. Spent ages trying. Extremely frustrating.

For this, I did the same trick of getting them down to low health then killing them, and had no challenge completed. But later on with the Kuva Ayanga when facing the Thumper, it randomly popped while I was rapidly shooting the sentient minions.

There is over 2 times more spawns than actual stamps.

I have been using this site: https://www.thegamer.com/warframe-veilbreaker-sneaky-sabotage-walkthrough-collectable-locations/

Along with this video

To find spawns I wasnt checking regularly. 

EDIT: I guess you mean the second mission.

This one is even easier, because it is on the earth tileset most of the time. I have checked every nook and cranny (sadly both secret caves had nothing in them, or maybe luckily for people not knowing em). I think i have counted at least 12 spawns (3 spawns before the first door).

Last stamp I have found in the boss arena to the right of the entrance (there are none in the bridge area before it). Have everything beside the kills in first try.

• 4 weeks later...

This feels like an issue regardless on the mission.  Taking 30+ minutes to comb through as much of the map/mission as possible and still not getting everything.  With no way to speed up the slow running speed.

On my last run I Alt+F4 on extraction.

git g....

nah, kidding it's the same crap every time with kahls mission - so far, i only got all of them in the first run, once. and i really search every bloody nook and crevice, twice...

by now i get the feeling that DE does that intentionally so we have to replay the mission (which usually, we have to do anyway, if there is a time related part in it and no way to search the map after the boss fight).

this week, in addition to the typical missing sample, came the not correct working fighter-shooting to the annoyance - i'm curious how the OP did that part (and in the first run too...) because the projectiles from the grattler were slow and inaccurate as hell and the best i got shoot down in 3 tries were 4 (and those were lucky hits/kills).

Archived