The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entrati Lanthorn impossible to acquire with resource drones.

Domaik

21 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It would be nice if Extractors were a passive thing that you collected from everyday. Maybe have us power it with argon crystals or something, but it would be nice if it was more automated. 

They seem automated enough to me without quite being  a passive resource gain.  I don't even need to login.  

Also I don't think I've ever had an extractor get damaged.  Does this still happen?

On 2022-12-27 at 10:11 AM, bad4youLT said:

maxresdefault.jpg

32339.png

E1Nt01CVUAAQ7wD?format=jpg&name=large

Any particular Sentinel?
I am thinking Carrier with Looter
How often does this work, i.e. how much MORE Lathorn did this get you?

ALSO.... important.... if you are using this do you intentionally build your Sentinel to die often?

I guess this means you are also spamming the map with Repair Dispensaries?

14 hours ago, (PSN)BMWWOW said:

Any particular Sentinel?

ALSO.... important.... if you are using this do you intentionally build your Sentinel to die often?

Any sentinel will work , personally I use Helios because it has the lowest EHP of all sentinels that I have .

As for how often it really depends on your luck and how much time you spend on a mission , sense augment has a cooldown of one minute , you will have as mod implies a 45% chance for one drop every minute .

10 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

Any sentinel will work , personally I use Helios because it has the lowest EHP of all sentinels that I have .

As for how often it really depends on your luck and how much time you spend on a mission , sense augment has a cooldown of one minute , you will have as mod implies a 45% chance for one drop every minute .

EHP = Hit Points (HP), I take it?

So if I want to use Carrier / Looter then would I build Carrier for intentionally LOW Hit Points?

Do you also use Prime Regen (Regen)?  Or does that become moot with the Aug?

Thanks - this is very interesting to me.  🙂

I am so glad that OP posted this thread!! 

When Zariman first came out and I discovered that one could deploy resource drones there and possibly gain Voidrel Orbs or Entrati Lanthorn, I was all over it. I collect and redeploy them as frequently as possible when I am online.

I used to get Entrati Lanthorns about every 1 in 5 deployments upon release.  DE was quick to nerf that and would get those rarest drops about every 20th deployment.

That ended several months ago. I have not obtained one single Entrati Lanthorn in the last 6 months from a Titan extractor.

I do obtain Voidrel orbs, but the frequency appears to be around 1 in 50.

I was concerned that the changes to Zariman resource extractor rates were unintentional side effects of programming changes or Hotfixes. I wrote to support requesting that they forward my concerns to their programming team responsible for resource drone extractors. 

After five (5) days I received a form letter which neither mentioned extractors nor acknowledged my concern. What they said was that "random drop rates are intended to be random" and that I should refer to th DROP TABLES for the specific mission. What possible mission? Where are these mythical DROP TABLES? Don't say:Warframe wiki. I know about those. I'd like to see DE publish these. 

I know that it was folly to expect a positive response from support, but to receive a form letter which did not even acknowledge my concern is unacceptable. Iam available to revamp their customer support program. Why is there no in-game request prtal where one could actually attch screen shots and videos without having to open a browser?

I am aware that DE doesn't want it to be easy to obtain these resources, but they have gone past the extreme.

I would also like to point out that drop rates for regular Ash parts and mods like Hammer Shot (with a drop chance of 0.0101) are beyond sadistic.

Thanks for your time.

12 hours ago, (PSN)BMWWOW said:

EHP = Hit Points (HP), I take it?

EHP is short for Effective Health Points , it means that it takes your total shields , health , damage reduction from armor and other forms of damage reduction if they are present and sum it up to total Health Points.

12 hours ago, (PSN)BMWWOW said:

So if I want to use Carrier / Looter then would I build Carrier for intentionally LOW Hit Points?

Do you also use Prime Regen (Regen)?  Or does that become moot with the Aug?

Thanks - this is very interesting to me.  🙂

e2a58e657e9299efaaba5c4756098029992.jpg

According to Wiki - Regen conflicts with Spare Parts, its effect won't trigger till Sentinel truly dies .

On 2022-12-28 at 5:59 PM, Tiltskillet said:

They seem automated enough to me without quite being  a passive resource gain.  I don't even need to login.  

Also I don't think I've ever had an extractor get damaged.  Does this still happen?

Yes, extractors still get damgeda.  They repair themmselves.

Still have not extracted any lanthorns since making my last post here. last year, I play Warframe every day.

Haven't gotten any Voigel orbs either! It's definitely broken.

Does DE even monitor, read or acknowledge these posts?

1 hour ago, (PSN)Zoltan6201 said:

Still have not extracted any lanthorns since making my last post here. last year, I play Warframe every day.

Haven't gotten any Voigel orbs either! It's definitely broken.

I'm using primed distilling.  I've gotten Lanthorns twice.  Unfortunately I can only guess out of how many tries.  Maybe 120-150.  Lots of Voidgel.   That at least feels in the ballpark of the listed 75% chance.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Zoltan6201 said:

Does DE even monitor, read or acknowledge these posts?

Acknowledgment is quite rare, and usually takes the indirect form of a patch note addressing an issue.  Monitoring certainly happens, but we can only speculate to what extent.

On 2023-01-03 at 7:36 PM, Tiltskillet said:

I'm using primed distilling.  I've gotten Lanthorns twice.  Unfortunately I can only guess out of how many tries.  Maybe 120-150.  Lots of Voidgel.   That at least feels in the ballpark of the listed 75% chance

I don't know wher you get the 75% chance from.

I can tell from my Titan extractors that Voigel orbs are extremely rare! I have not recived any in weeks.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Zoltan6201 said:

The wiki has a table: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Extractor?so=search 

Although I just noticed there is a discrepancy with Voidgel.  They're listed as rare in their wiki article, and uncommon on this table: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Resources#Resources_By_Planet

3 hours ago, (PSN)Zoltan6201 said:

I can tell from my Titan extractors that Voigel orbs are extremely rare! I have not recived any in weeks.

there's your issue, you're using titan extractors. use distilling extractors, I get plenty of voidgel orbs, and so far since Zariman release 4 drops of lanthorns

18 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

there's your issue, you're using titan extractors. use distilling extractors, I get plenty of voidgel orbs, and so far since Zariman release 4 drops of lanthorns

Yeah, I'm using primed distilling.  Lots of voidgels.  Mostly voidgels.  Only two lanthorns in a couple of months of trying, but within the scope of "bad luck" for the listed 5% chance, I think.

Although I'm doubting that table is accurate for Zariman more since Zoltan talked about his issue with voidgels.  If they're uncommon, his success rate doesn't make sense against 22.5%.  If they're rare--which I'm inclined to think they are--my success rate is ridiculously good.

20 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Yeah, I'm using primed distilling.  Lots of voidgels.  Mostly voidgels.  Only two lanthorns in a couple of months of trying, but within the scope of "bad luck" for the listed 5% chance, I think.

Although I'm doubting that table is accurate for Zariman more since Zoltan talked about his issue with voidgels.  If they're uncommon, his success rate doesn't make sense against 22.5%.  If they're rare--which I'm inclined to think they are--my success rate is ridiculously good.

I think that's just because he's using normal titan extractors which have a lower chance of getting rarer resources.

I don't have prime distilling just the normal distilling one, got plenty of voidgels no issue.

13 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

I think that's just because he's using normal titan extractors which have a lower chance of getting rarer resources.

I don't have prime distilling just the normal distilling one, got plenty of voidgels no issue.

I'm just saying in comparison to the wiki.  For titans it shows 22.5% chance for uncommons and 2% chance for rares; for distilling primes 75% and 5%.  If voidgels are uncommon, that doesn't jive with Zoltan's success rate; and if they're rare it doesn't jive with mine.

9 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm just saying in comparison to the wiki.  For titans it shows 22.5% chance for uncommons and 2% chance for rares; for distilling primes 75% and 5%.  If voidgels are uncommon, that doesn't jive with Zoltan's success rate; and if they're rare it doesn't jive with mine.

I think the droptables are fine, I mean zariman has 2 other resources that drop. namely ferrite and alloy plates. maybe he's getting those more

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Zoltan6201 said:

I apologize for not being clear.  I am using Titan Extractors PRIME. 

I was unaware that the lowest extractors are called Titan, bbecause I have not used them in eons.

No worries.  And I don't think it matters much for the purposes of this discussion, since both titans have the same extraction table.

• 6 months later...

I do wonder if DE nerfed the regular distilling extractors, b/c using 50 or so times in the past couple months I have not seen the lanthorn be claimable.

i've gotten plenty of voidgel, so the extractor knows its a rare resource; did DE make lanthorns ptw by needing the prime versions of the extractors? or did they make an oopsie when nerfing the droprates of it all around? b/c I can still find orokin cells with the distilling extractors.

I wish I'd kept track of my success rate with theseany length of time, but :effort:.  Anyway, Lanthorn drops happen, but have been extremely rare.  I think far worse than one in 20, which is the wiki's listed chance for Distilling Prime.   Like, if it's treating it as a regular extractor and doing 2% rare, that seems a lot more plausible.

I don't know if those chances are from published data or from reverse engineering done at some point in the distant past.

On 2022-12-28 at 5:25 PM, (PSN)BMWWOW said:

Any particular Sentinel?

I used Djinn with Reawaken (no health/armor/repair mods) and a Catabomb Limbo for solo Halako runs (level 55 non-bounty). I used all my revives but one at the start for 2 Lanthorns (4 with booster, 8 with drop chance) and then full looted another 15-30m for 12 Voidplumes (1 Melica 1 angel). I killed most enemies with 747 amp for safety, only popping back in to Stropha the physical angel & thrax. I didn't go out of my way to kill the sentinel because looting felt inefficient without Vacuum and it often died just from drawing aggro.

It's ideal but unlikely in my experience to recruit a full organized squad. People who know how to use Spare Parts tend to be rank 5 with weapons already built. They (or at least I) no longer need specific voidplumes or large amounts of lanthorns. People below rank 5 are often newer players who don't know how to use Spare Parts. They don't hide in spoiler mode to draw aggro to their sentinel. They camp near melee enemies that can't hit it. They equip sentinel weapons that freeze/kill enemies. They don't read chat after the game loads and kill everything as usual. If I had to go through this again I'd still play solo but try a Breach Surge Limbo in Steel Path Halako.

On 2023-07-17 at 11:47 AM, (NSW)Leviathis_Krade said:

I do wonder if DE nerfed the regular distilling extractors, b/c using 50 or so times in the past couple months I have not seen the lanthorn be claimable.

FWIW I got some with an extractor last week.

On 2023-07-18 at 8:18 PM, Hobie-wan said:

FWIW I got some with an extractor last week.

which extractor were you using specifically? b/c my luck with that is still doodoo, for me its less about the resource and more about the principle of the little window lying.

for peeps who really need the weird resource just run zariman with a smeeta and you'll passively get them fairly frequently. (not as frequently as the zariman launch though, I have some friends who obtained a stupid amount before the rates were nerfed into the ground)

Archived