Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Archon Mods don't work on Khora, Gara, but do work on Atlas

PublikDomain

Archon mods do not proc for Khora's Whipclaw or Gara's Shattered Lash when modded for the appropriate damage type. I'm submitting this as a bug report because Archon mods do proc for Atlas' Landslide:

giphy.gif

An example showing Archon Stretch functioning on Atlas' Landslide when modded for Electricity damage.
You can see the energy number change and the buff icon appear in the top left.

Since Landslide is functionally identical in type and mod inheritance to Khora's Whipclaw and Gara's Shattered Lash, which are the same type of Pseudo-Exalted Abilities, those too should meet the conditions necessary to trigger the Archon mods effects. Archon mods also proc for all other abilities that don't innately deal the required damage type but can be modded to, like Mesa's Peacemakers and Ivara's Artemis Bow. Whipclaw and Shattered Lash are the only two abilities of this type that do not trigger these mods, so it looks and feels like a bug.

And as an aside - are there still no tags for gameplay bugs? How should you tag a report for an ability or weapon bug?

Gara's Shattered Lash has a 0% status chance, I'm not sure why you would expect any of the 3 "on status applied" mods to work with this?   Status chance +60%, +90%, +10000% is always multiplied relative to the base value which is zero

Also, need more details on Serene Storm because it work here.

1 hour ago, [DE]Momaw said:

I'm not sure why you would expect any of the 3 "on status applied" mods to work with this?

Mind pointing me to the third Archon mod that specifies "On Status Applied"?

I can only find 2; Archon Continuity and Archon Vitality.
Here's the rest of the mods for reference.

ArchonIntensifyMod.png

No mention of "on status applied"

ArchonFlowMod.png

No mention of "on status applied", only that it has to be Cold damage

ArchonStretchMod.png

No mention of "on status applied", only that it has to be Electric damage.

So I'm rather confused. Unless there's a hidden condition on some of those mods, none of them need a status to be applied to trigger.

Status chance +60%, +90%, +10000% is always multiplied relative to the base value which is zero

Proton Snap applies a bonus that is added to the weapon's status chance, not multiplied, which allows Shattered Lash to meet the "on status applied" condition of Archon Continuity (and Archon Vitality), yet the mods still won't trigger with the relevant status types applied.

Here's some footage of Shattered Lash proccing Toxin but not Corrosive with Archon Continuity equipped.

Here's some footage of Archon Stretch not triggering when I mod Shattered Lash for Electric damage, which should trigger Archon Stretch, as it does not require electric status, either on the mod card or in practice for most abilities; Volt's Discharge triggers Archon Stretch despite not applying the electric status for example.

Gara's Shattered Lash has a 0% status chance, I'm not sure why you would expect any of the 3 "on status applied" mods to work with this?   Status chance +60%, +90%, +10000% is always multiplied relative to the base value which is zero

Also, need more details on Serene Storm because it work here.

That would make sense for Archon Vitality and Archon Continuity, since it can't double-proc a status type or create a different one if it can't proc status at all, but it wouldn't explain the others which only require the ability to deal Cold/Electric damage like @(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom points out or the case where additive Status Chance is applied. My interest is as usual mostly about Khora, so for Gara and Baruuk I was just referencing the wiki which lists Serene Storm as not benefiting. If Serene Storm's wiki page* is just out of date then that's all that one is and there's no problem. For Khora I'll confirm again that the effects don't work (was there a hotfix about it?), and I will update later today if I get a chance (it's DnD night). I'll also take a look at Gara again just to see, but I'm pretty sure I was testing her right before the clip in the OP with Atlas using the same Electric-modded Broken Scepter and she wasn't proccing Archon Stretch which doesn't say it requires a proc.

And thank you as always for the speedy reply!

Alright, so I can confirm that Baruuk's Serene Storm does trigger Archon Stretch and Archon Vitality, the wiki is was just wrong. It looks like it's already been corrected.

Gara's Shattered Lash still does not trigger Archon Stretch, which as mentioned by Wisdom does not require a proc in any other circumstance. With Proton Snap and a Corrosive/Heat stat-stick to make sure the Toxin from Proton Snap doesn't interfere I can confirm that Archon Vitality doesn't trigger even if Shattered Lash applies a Heat proc.

Khora likewise procs neither.

Atlas' Landslide procs both.

I've edited the OP to remove the mention about Baruuk since he seems to be working as intended. The bug is as the title says: for Gara and Khora only.

@[DE]Momaw could we get, uh, clarification again? Maybe @[DE]Megan as well?

25 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Atlas’ Landslide ability triggering Archon Mod effects. 

The bug wasn't that Atlas was triggering the mods, the bug was that Khora and Gara weren't. The mods in question read:

Abilities that deal Electricity Damage restore +2 Energy/sec over 5s.
Abilities that inflict a Toxin status effect will also apply a Corrosive status effect.
Status Effects from abilities that deal Heat Damage will be applied twice.
Enemies killed by Cold Abilities have 10% chance to drop an Energy Orb. Cooldown: 10s

Landslide, Shattered Lash, and Whipclaw are abilities. They are not weapons summoned by abilities, like Artemis Bow or Exalted Blade which do not carry the appropriate damage type unless modded, they are direct abilities just like Fireball or any other. Why can weapons summoned by abilities be modded to trigger these effects, but actual abilities cannot?

Archived