Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please introduce a system to allow multiple relics opened in endless content

Megamataman1

Even after 1k hours in WF, opening relics in anything resembling bulk is absolutely soul crushing, as the optimal way to do it is to do the same easy, fast mission over and over and over, so i decided to make this proposal

During endless relic missions, for every few relics opened, everyone in the squad can take another relic, which will need an extra 10 reactant and will be opened consecutively.

To make up for this significant increase in reward, the level scaling over time of endless relic missions will be accelerated for each additional relic brought, giving players the classic option of more difficulty for more rewards.

an initial estimate for the scaling acceleration would be something like 20% more or so per additional relic (multiplicative) causing levels to scale twice as fast at 2 relics per person and 4.3 times as fast at 3 relics per person, and so on

hopefully changes like this would make it so that the hardest way to open relics is also the most efficient.

I hope you take this idea into consideration, and thank you for your time.

The title of the thread seems slightly misleading, endless content already allows you to open multiple relics (within same mission run), what you seem to be asking for is ability to open multiple relics within same rotation of rewards/be able to open more relics per same lenght run.

7 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

To be honest, I'd rather have something like that we can open muil-relics in a single run but it costs extra traces each time, so rather 10/10 traces, it'll go up 20/20 to 30/30, with 100/100 cap.

So 10 relics opened in one single run, rather then per-run.

This

More relics requires more reactant per rotation, making it harder to drop all reactant before the rotation ends. If you want to open 10 relics, you need 100 reactant.

or

The player use a amount of Void traces to open more than one relic per rotation. No traces gained when you open the relics that way tho. Need to open 10 relics? Pay 100 Void Traces.

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

To be honest, I'd rather have something like that we can open muil-relics in a single run but it costs extra traces each time, so rather 10/10 traces, it'll go up 20/20 to 30/30, with 100/100 cap.

So 10 relics opened in one single run, rather then per-run.

48 minutes ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

This

More relics requires more reactant per rotation, making it harder to drop all reactant before the rotation ends. If you want to open 10 relics, you need 100 reactant.

or

The player use a amount of Void traces to open more than one relic per rotation. No traces gained when you open the relics that way tho. Need to open 10 relics? Pay 100 Void Traces.

To be honest they should rework relics first. I would be "angry" when I put 10 radiants with more Void traces or Reactant to get UNCOMMON FORMA BLUEPRINT.

In general opening 10 radiants to get only (or mostly) common stuffs is just insult.

I think there'd be some risk/reward balance for some mission types if they just let us select multiple relics per rotation and made it so that un-cracked relics get destroyed.

For example, defense missions only have a set pool of enemies per wave, and survival only has 5 minute's worth of enemy spawns. So in those mission types, they could let us select however many relics we wanted per rotation.

But the catch would be that your relics will be in danger of getting destroyed if you can't find enough reactant to open it. So it would be up to the player to choose their level of confidence (and RNG). You could pick 100 relics in a single rotation, but if you only end up getting 50 reactant, then you'll only open 5 relics and destroy 95. (Obviously not worth the risk)

This amenity couldn't work for most missions because you could just farm endlessly until you get however many hundreds of reactant you need. But for the missions where the enemy count is limited, I think that would be a convenient feature. (And frankly one that just makes sense; I mean canonically what's preventing your Tenno from bringing a handful of relics and getting more reactant?)

(I never think about squad play when I'm concocting these ideas)

Some additions for squad play so this makes sense when multiple people are doing multiple relics:

• Each player's cracked relics would appear like before, but in a vertical scroll column, with relics displayed in order of crack-age
  • You can still pick from other player's columns, but only in the amount of relics you yourself cracked during the rotation (You crack three total, then you can pick a total three of yours or anyone else's)
  • You're selection cursor would follow the LIFO principle, where your last relic would be deselected when you move your choice to a squad member's column
  • The +5 void traces get assigned per selection, so if you pick 5 of another's column, then they get +25 traces
  • The squad member UI that represents how many trances they have would need to change
    • Currently it's just 0-10
    • It would need to have something like a parenthetical suffix for remaining relics: 5/10 (2)

I think the added selection would also add to some of the balance. If you only have a few seconds to pick what relics you want, but the selection now is like 10 relics per squad member, then it would be a frenzy of scrolling and evaluating which ones you wanted in the time you have left.

9 hours ago, (NSW)Probably_Asleep said:

(I never think about squad play when I'm concocting these ideas)

i dont know what the current rates are, but about 5 years ago it was mentioned by steve that around 25% of the playerbase plays solo, and it feels about right that the vast majority plays in public or private groups. Probably hasnt changed that much.

WWarframe is a multiplayer focused game first, so with any idea you have i'd suggest that you think about that first because DE probably wont be too interested in implementing something that only works in solo.

I always wanted to queue relics - so i don't have to search for the non-vaulted ones in those 10 sec. 
Restarting the fast missions is also quite painful. Would be so nice if you could chain complete 5-10 missions in a raw without 
loading screens after each. 

19 hours ago, iHaku said:

i dont know what the current rates are, but about 5 years ago it was mentioned by steve that around 25% of the playerbase plays solo, and it feels about right that the vast majority plays in public or private groups. Probably hasnt changed that much.

WWarframe is a multiplayer focused game first, so with any idea you have i'd suggest that you think about that first because DE probably wont be too interested in implementing something that only works in solo.

Fair. It definitely is a valuable perspective that I am sorely lacking. All too often I read/watch things like "these AOE nerfs were so needed" and I don't understand until they explain how annoying it is to have one squad member vaporizing everyone. (To which I then realize and completely sympathize with how annoying that would be)

I think your advice would probably be really helpful for everyone to keep in mind (probably on both sides). It's all too easy to judge things through the lens of single play style.

Archived