Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix needs some love

CephalonCarnage

I noted that as good as nobody plays Orphix after the big event that gavce us a forced reason to grind (or buy) a necramech, and that mission always made me wonder about the lore. Warframes were designed to kill sentients and now they're as useless as an empty bag, so we have to use mechs that were not good enough to kill sentients. Ho hum. Also, nobody plays it because we like warframes.

So proposal:

Remove the transference nullification area completely. It was a daft thing to put in anyway, and make orphixes vulnerable to archguns only.

Allow warframes to go into that mission and kill the sentients. Only make the orphox itself immune to small warframe weapons. Give it the same kind of armour as profit taker. Then you need an archgun to take it down, which could be gravimag type archgun, but will usually be a necramech carry. This allows players to chooce their play style against the enemy, solve the glaring lore hole, and give mechs a supporting role in a slightly more co-op style gameplay where some will play their frame as others play the mech.

4 minutes ago, CephalonCarnage said:

solve the glaring lore hole

I don't think it's a lore hole. The main thing sentients do is adaptation. That's how Orokins built them to survive Tau, that's what they do. 
After the Tenno destroyed their fleet during Scarlet spear, the sentients learnt to deploy the Orphix shields to nullify Warframes.
Necramech weren't enough to win the Old war, but that doesn't mean they were useless. And when Sentients use new tech to nullify Warframe, we have to use "ye ol' reliable"

That being said, I agree that the gamemode should get a facelift. Maybe not exactly what you suggest, but what if it worked like the void cascade? After you destroy the "things" connected to the orphix, the nullification zone disappears and you can go in with your warframe.

4 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I don't think it's a lore hole. The main thing sentients do is adaptation. That's how Orokins built them to survive Tau, that's what they do. 

Its alore hole, the void is something the sentients cannot adapt to, so being able to disrupt our voidy-transference control seems unusual to say the least. Still, its time we had more warframes in Warframe, not less.

8 minutes ago, CephalonCarnage said:

Its alore hole, the void is something the sentients cannot adapt to, so being able to disrupt our voidy-transference control seems unusual to say the least.

Intro cinematic for Orphix Venom:

Father: "Back in the Old War, Orphix Sentients would hit us with pulses. Shut down anything more sophisciated than a lump hammer. Well, the Orphix are back. Only this time, SOMEONE'S taught them how to override your Warframes. If they spread to cover the whole System, you're all shiny hat stands. The Orokin claimed Necramechs weren't smart enough to face an enemy that could learn, and retired them early. But my boneheads shrug off Sentient pulses like the morning dew. So I reckon between your frames and my old dusted-off war rigs, we might just have a hope in hell. Come see me on Deimos.

4 hours ago, CephalonCarnage said:

Remove the transference nullification area completely. It was a daft thing to put in anyway,

You get my attention

4 hours ago, CephalonCarnage said:

and make orphixes vulnerable to archguns only.

And you lost it seconds later...

1 hour ago, CephalonCarnage said:

yes, and it was a bad reason in the first place. It exists solely to push sales of mechs, which were really quite hard to obtain when they first came out. So really it existed solely to push plat sales.

Event existed to test Necramechs.

They were hard to get? Nah. They were easy to get.

Now you get 1 Voidrig set (blueprints) so you need just

Crafting the components additionally requires Rank 1 - Outworlder with  Solaris United, Rank 2 - Visitor with the  Ostron, and Rank 2 - Acquaintance with the  Entrati in order to acquire  Venerdo Alloy,  Marquise Veridos,  Stellated Necrathene,  Tempered Bapholite, and  Thaumic Distillate required in its construction.

And if you don't want to do it you can buy all components for 70.

3 minutes ago, quxier said:

They were hard to get? Nah. They were easy to get.

They were hard to get, 2 of the damaged parts were easy drops. The other two were a 2% drop rate. I remember someone giving me a casing and pod saying that the grind was so bad. And that's before some of the crafting material like scintillant that was really hard to come by originally.

19 minutes ago, CephalonCarnage said:

They were hard to get, 2 of the damaged parts were easy drops. The other two were a 2% drop rate. I remember someone giving me a casing and pod saying that the grind was so bad. And that's before some of the crafting material like scintillant that was really hard to come by originally.

Right, now 4 of them are 12.5% Still you had like 3 months and you could trade them, right? I said "nope' and I've been farming the Event with rent-a-mech.

And I don't see scintilant to be problem. Sure, if you want all stuffs to build then yes, it requires something like 30. However Voidrig requires just 2.

6 hours ago, CephalonCarnage said:

They were hard to get, 2 of the damaged parts were easy drops.

i thought they were easy to get even before the droprate increase, since that when i got mine. easier than damaged necramech weapon sets anyway.

but that doesnt even matter, you're asking for the thing to be changed now, even tho now mechs are easy to get. so bringing that up doesnt even make any sense.

13 hours ago, iHaku said:

i thought they were easy to get even before the droprate increase, since that when i got mine. easier than damaged necramech weapon sets anyway.

but that doesnt even matter, you're asking for the thing to be changed now, even tho now mechs are easy to get. so bringing that up doesnt even make any sense.

Do try to keep up. I asked for something else to be changed, not mech drops (that was a reply to quixier saying they wwere eays to get). I'm asking for the mission to be more viable for those without one, and more fuin for those who don't want to play a lumbering mech.

5 hours ago, CephalonCarnage said:

I'm asking for the mission to be more viable for those without one

why? by that point you're supposed to already have one. mechs are easy to get and you get them on the 5th planet (iirc).  and its perfectly doable without one, as others have pointed out.

just get one, lol

orphix is another case of "content made, content forgotten"

they make something, play with it for a while and forget forever

like a spoiled kid.

how long is it been since riven challenges were updated? we have PoE challenges, but no fortuna or deimos challenges.

6 hours ago, iHaku said:

why? by that point you're supposed to already have one. mechs are easy to get and you get them on the 5th planet (iirc).  and its perfectly doable without one, as others have pointed out.

just get one, lol

seriously? I have 2 mechs, both l40. I'm legendary 2 MR. I don't need to to do the Orphix mission been there, done that. But helping clan members complete it and it was clear that it is a un-fun mission as it stands, and I think it would be improved massively with the inclusion of warframes.

So forgive me for trying to improve WF in a small way.

7 hours ago, CephalonCarnage said:

seriously? I have 2 mechs, both l40. I'm legendary 2 MR. I don't need to to do the Orphix mission been there, done that. But helping clan members complete it and it was clear that it is a un-fun mission as it stands, and I think it would be improved massively with the inclusion of warframes.

So forgive me for trying to improve WF in a small way.

and i dont think that this would be a very good inprovement. forgive me that i disagree, i guess?

Archived