Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host migration ... so far, happens in (and ruins) EVERY GAME

Ardicius

Hi @BalBalPrime,

Sorry to hear you're having this issue as well.

I have had "Host Migration" events occur in EVERY STEEL PATH RUN I have attempted today (I am high enough level that I can solo the rest, but I am fairly certain most of the rest of the groups I am running with are being screwed when they're forced to solo.)

As @Stevens said earlier, I think that DE is ignoring the issue. If you read in my earlier posts, my ISP is absolutely NOT the issue. Using a third-party solution (i.e., a VPN) doesn't seem like it should be the work-around that players should be defaulting to to get in (and STAY in) a game.

Screaming into the Void again.

I'll ask anyhow: DE, PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE!

Just chiming in with another occurrence of "Host Migration" rearing its ugly head:

Doing Void Fissures, two of us were at Extraction, two were on their way..."Host Migration"... now we only get the "option" of the relic we brought, and we extract automatically.

Yay...another reason to avoid trying to do vaulted items in a group.

DE: PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE!

I run with someone else in my house and we literally can't run anything right now- we were trying to do exploiter orb and eventually had to stop trying.

My friend was host at first and it kept kicking myself and the others in our group out, leaving them alone.

Then I hosted and it kicked my friend out rather than everyone else.

This is happening with other missions too. What's going on?

Lost a million credits due to host migration in index. I still had over 30 shards for  another round and intended on soloing it, host migration didn't let me keep any of it. literally just said I lost connection and was returned to the multiplayer menu. shut off the console for the day..... DE needs to fix some stuff and polish what they have before working on more "New Content" to break our experience further

Edited by (PSN)Grabbn_Dragon
clarified the location I lost credits, adhd brain got ahead of me

Keep posting about the problem, all: we're hitting some larger numbers, perhaps it needs to get to a certain threshold before DE takes notice.

My two cents for the time being: just tried running the weekly Archon Hunt... yup, "Host Migration"... and all progress hopeless/lost due to time it occurred in mission.

@(PSN)Grabbn_Dragon: your suggestion that DE needs to work on THIS issue ahead of simply rolling out new content is very well taken.

Hopefully, DE is listening... not holding my breath though.

I normally don't post this often on the same thread on the same day, but this is just ridiculous.

5 Host Migrations in a ROW on the last stage of this week's Archon Hunt... all with glitches and making them impossible to finish once the Host Migration completes.

This is as close to a rage quit as I have come.

<takes deep breath>

Taking the rest of the evening off.

<sighs>

Just here to scream into the Void again...

Every Relic run = Host Migration, no opportunity to get group selection of relic offerings on opening.

<SIGHS>

It seems like if DE doesn't want us to play in groups, they ARE definitely making THAT happen. :-(

Again, PLEASE, DE, FIX THIS ISSUE!!!

(Please read my and others' earlier posts: this is NOT an ISP, localized, its-gotta-be-the-PC/Platform, issue... this is something else.)

On 2022-10-18 at 1:57 PM, Stevens said:

Happen to me as well. I thought it was an issue regarding my network (I have 5G router which uses mobile data). 

What happens is whenever I want to find group for a mission 8 out of 10 times matchmaking lasts long time until it fails to connect me to any group.

When I join someone who creates a group I am getting "host migration" message out of blue and I am being kicked out from the party.

Edit: Seems like crossplay has to do something here. Yesterday I turned it off and since then there was no issues. I turned it back just now and I`m getting kicked from groups all over again.

I did this and i'm still having the issues constantly, cant do anything group related and its very annoying and time consuming

I play on PC, in EU, I have a crap internet, and no VPN, and I have crossplateform activated.

I play everyday, up to 10h per day.

And I never met any of the problems you are facing.

My tip : if you want to avoid any migration and bugs coming along : follow player (1). Each player has a number next to their names, (1) being the Host. 

If Host tries to extract a survival, go with him. If he stays, stay. If Host dies during a Archons hunt, you are pretty much screwed, but you can still ask him to wait until you finish if it's isn't too long.

@dwqrf Thanks for sharing your experiences! (And all the others posting on here: the more voices in the choir, the louder (I hope) we become.)

I play on PC, in NA, have solid internet, don't regularly use a VPN, and have cross-platform activated.

I play every day, usually around 4 hours, and have problems regularly (this is why I post on here often, usually as a means of screaming-into-the-Void therapy!)

I have been in situations where I am not player 1, and have been kicked into solo mode, and other times, I am reconnected with some members of the original group.

I also have been player 1, and had the whole rest of my squad vanish: in times like this, I don't even know they're gone until several seconds have passed, and I see NO drop in my playing experience. In following up with some of them, they report that they had a "Host Migration" event occur, but I am still IN GAME and playing despite the message they received.

All-in-all, just simply not something I think we as a player base can/should be trying to solve. DE should be looking into this issue, and fixing it as a priority to their player base.

I also want to report that I went through 3 "Host Migration" events trying to complete the daily Sortie final mission: the first two left me solo, without the final boss spawning in the arena, the last time I made it to extraction, but the rest of the group did not, and, once the game's "Host Migration" message cleared, had me successfully complete the mission.

Annoying, annoying, annoying.

Once again: PLEASE DE, ADDRESS THIS ISSUE!!!

I decided to do the weekly Archon run the day after it launched to see if I could avoid "Host Migration" issues.

Well, that didn't help.

Lost group members on every run.

The most frustrating one was when we all about to do the last stage of the Archon... "Host Migration"... and now I'm doing it solo.

While *I* can complete the mission solo, I don't think that all the others in my group could say the same. The whole point of running in a group is to share the experience, to make things easier, and to have a common gaming experience.

Sadly, the only thing that seems to be "common" is getting a "Host Migration" event.

<SIGHS>

I have spoken to a couple of folks who are not on PC, and they are NOT reporting "Host Migration" issues whatsoever.

Not sure that this little piece of info helps anyone, but hey, until DE addresses this issue, it may be the only solace we have.

AGAIN, PLEASE, DE: fix this issue!

At this point, if it IS a PC-related thing, I would be willing to test this out if DE wants to reach out and ask: I'd be happy to do it. Perhaps we run a combination of scenarios with PC/Platform gamers to capture event occurrences.

Anything to determine root cause and FIX THE ISSUE.

PC player though steam, North America server. Central US location (Kansas). Having a big issue recently with host migrations during the Isolation Vault bounties. Get in with a good enough squad, we down the Necramech guardian, host decides to leave the squad, and mission fails for the rest of us.

@VladYvhv sorry to hear you're having issues.

Keep posting here as they come. There are now over 1000 views on this thread, and the more voices, hopefully, the sooner it gets the attention it needs.

That said, I just had my FIRST EVER Archon run without any "Host Migration" messages since INCEPTION.

I know I am probably jinxing myself, but I wanted to report accurately: the good AND the bad.

If DE is in fact working behind the scenes and this is something they deserve credit for handling, I would love to have them confirm as much.

If this was just a lucky run for me, I will also let you good folks know. Fingers crossed this is a trend, not an outlier.

Was just doing the fissure event with a squad. We got 2 closed, and then the rest of the squad decided to leave. Host migration reset the canister to 0% completed, forcing me to close a total of 6 fissures to get diluted thermia, instead of 4.

This week's "Host Migration" woes:

Sortie, Round 3: "Host Migration" occurs... only this time, the group is reformed will not progress past Round 8 (counters stays stuck at 8).

I haven't even attempted the Archon mission yet.

<sighs>

<SIGHS>

DE PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE!

Just now got a major problem with host migration. I spawned into the drift on Deimos, forgetting to set from public to single beforehand. Right when I spawned in, the host left, resulting in a "soft crash" to black screen. Had to alt-F4 to exit the game.

Other than having several of the problems mentioned above, for some reason I've been unable to host games unless I go to Dojo, then invite others and do Railjack missions. When I try to hosting any map outside Railjack the game snaps the host role from me and designates me as the number 2 in the party every single time. No idea why the hell its happening...

Edited by Auxilar

Haven’t played in a while. Came back and still find I’m 50/50 for host migration issues. Is there anyone competent enough at DE to fix this issue? I agree with fixing current issues vs bringing out new content. Overall player retention for new content won’t mean squat if they cannot connect to other players (and stay connected) consistently. 

Edited by (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK
  • Like 1

@the last posters: Thanks for posting... the more people who chime in, PERHAPS the more DE might (MIGHT) take notice!

I just had a "Host Migration" issue occur during exit from a Void Fissure run.

EVERYONE was at exit... then the countdown began 5... 4... 3... 2...

"Host Migration... please wait."

Screen froze before we could select... EVERYONE had full reactant.

I spawned back with only my relic contents being able to be selected... and, despite being in a party of 4, could only see (but not select) the other player's relic offering.

<BIGGEST SIGH YET>

DE PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE!

I completely agree with you, @(XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK: "Overall player retention for new content won't mean squat if they cannot connect to other players (and stay connected) consistently."

Just recording that "Host Migration" issues occurred in 3 out of 4 runs so far, with 3 of them occurring during partial completion of the Sortie missions: they all ended with me being solo.

For the record, I keep stating "Host Migration" in quotes, because, frankly, I don't believe that this is the actual underlying cause... it IS the error message we're getting, but it it REALLY the issue?

Again, DE, we're well over 1000 views on this subject: please give us a check-in to at least tell us you're aware of the issue in some way.

PLEASE address this issue.

Thank you.

Archon mission, great group of 4, doing an efficient job, I collected first Narmer veil, just about to deposit it, with the other squad member on the way...

"Host Migration..."

After long pause, I am only group member left. Deposit veil, but map doesn't show other veil location, and other veil is completely missing.

Mission corrupted.

Forced to abort.

EVERY SINGLE ARCHON RUN had a "Host Migration..." issue... I was able to complete the first 2 solo, but the last one was corrupted due to this issue.

This is NOT a great player experience.

I am getting REALLY REALLY frustrated.

We're over 1,700 views on this topic.

Not one mention from DE on status of looking into this issue.

<SIGHS>

Again, perhaps into the Void:

PLEASE DE: ADDRESS/FIX THIS ISSUE!

Just wanted to report 2 things of note:

1. I just tried to run 4 Steel Path missions: ALL had "Host Migration" issues, resulting in leaving me solo to complete.

2. I did message [DE]Glen directly in the hopes of getting a response. He is listed at the top of the Matchmaking category, and appears to be recently active.

Here's to hoping for some attention on this issue.

Running requiem fissure on Garus, Kuva Fortress. Mission time from the drop-down said there were 25 minutes left in the fissure. We got the mission done in maybe 3 minutes. Host migrated at extraction, resulting in Mission Complete but no relic selections (we were all at 10/10), or any sort of info on mission results. And then the fissure ceased to exist. In sort, the host migration KILLED A FISSURE that should have had at least 15 more minutes of activity after going back to the orbiter and returning to nav console.
This is what showed up when I pulled up Last Mission Results.
de25229ef0db2319ca1b26640d66380f.jpg

Edited by VladYvhv
fixed typo.