Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons for hunting the Archons ( SPOILERS !!! )

BethTheBean

Question

Good evening.

I'm having a tough time in finding weapon builds to down Archons. I've tried the supposed "one-shot kuva hek" builds, to no avail. They're copied exactly, and I still don't see the same result as in the videos.

Should I go with the phenmor? What weapons & builds do you use?

Thank you for your time.

PS - I'm averaging between 3 - 5 mins an Archon fight, if that matters.

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, HealTheirWounds said:

Good evening.
I'm having a tough time in finding weapon builds to down Archons. I've tried the supposed "one-shot kuva hek" builds, to no avail. They're copied exactly, and I still don't see the same result as in the videos.
Should I go with the phenmor? What weapons & builds do you use?
Thank you for your time.

PS - I'm averaging between 3 - 5 mins an Archon fight, if that matters.

If you are finishing that fast in the final fight it sounds like you don't need advice, you got it down pat. 👍

I just finished the Hunt Solo using Octavia Prime to do each of the three stages, been messing with different Warframes and Pistols.

This time I used Octavia Prime to get the use of her skills and increase the weapons damage with AMP and I used Mallet to distract all the enemies and kill them.

Weapons were Kuva Hek, Kuva Nukor and Stropha.

Primary: I used Kuva Hek Radiation for final fight, with high crit and Multishot with 1000+ Radiation, 90 mods and Vigilante Armaments to boost up the Multishot with Primed Ammo Stock, Primed Point Blank, Primed Charged Shell, Primed Ravage and Critical Deceleration also Vigilante Supplies to help with ammo economy. been using VS for years before the ammo nerf.

Melee I used the basic Stropha heavy build with high crit and Corrosive with Primed mods, (Killing Blow, Amalgam Organ Shatter, Primed Fury wind up speed help for heavy), Primed Fever Strike, Sacrificial Steel, Primed Pressure Point, Voltaic Strike and Corrupt Charge, limited by my polarities but it seems to work on the Deacons you get the door canisters from for the final stage.

Pistol is what you want to bring, I've tried a few and just don't bother with a pistol, the pistol is only for proccing if it even helps, I have on A config: Heat, Viral, Radiation and Magnetic with 150% status, it's the Kuva Nukor which I only use it when I need to do a fight like disruption, don't use it for much else, the B config: has Heat, Corrosive, Radiation and Magnetic Status 165%.

Testing things Solo is risky at times when you get killed really easy, then it's back to the drawing board.
Frames I've messed with in the Archon fight was Khora Prime great for the Defence part, Revenant Prime enough said :tongue: and Octavia Prime, I have used another one I think but I can't remember.

vWAjP.gif

If you're going for the 1-shot, you absolutely need to stack merciless/deadhead/dexterity before you go for it, and you also need some kind of extra buffing (such as roar + ivara's prowl headshot multipler) for it to truly work, and even then, doesn't always work. I don't really think it's worth it if you're doing it as quick as you are. It is a timesave, but it's also a hassle. 

As for just dominating the fight normally? All three incarnon guns are good but the felarx seems to be the best of the three. Stropha has done some wonky things, but it's reliable enough to handle adds (like the aerolysts) and sometimes bypassing attenuation (i've had it happen a couple times, really not sure how though). 

I think at the moment Devouring Attrition (the anti-crit build) is bugged and the 2100% damage procs are bypassing attenuation. Both my phenmor and Felarx are far outperforming my crit build laetum, and I can only think that this is the culprit. 

6 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I like to solo the fight with Octavia and the Phenmor. Just don't try it against Nira because she has AoE toxin damage that will one-shot your Octavia that can target through invisibility.

hmm had no issue with Octavia & nira - her toxin attack does not cover the entire ground but there are "lanes" of toxin and you can simply stand between them.  Then she directly targets you but as soon as you see it (visible before effect), you can simply step one step away.  Happens twice IIRC per attack wave.
Also, unlike the rediculous map-wiping heat blast of the other archon, the initial radial attack is also only on a single horizontal plane - so you can move on the map to any spot below or above it.
and lastly of course with shield gating, if your shield pops you can always just go to operator and wait it out.  but in general I just stand there and kept shooting her while she was doing this attack.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

hmm had no issue with Octavia & nira - her toxin attack does not cover the entire ground but there are "lanes" of toxin and you can simply stand between them.  Then she directly targets you but as soon as you see it (visible before effect), you can simply step one step away.  Happens twice IIRC per attack wave.
Also, unlike the rediculous map-wiping heat blast of the other archon, the initial radial attack is also only on a single horizontal plane - so you can move on the map to any spot below or above it.
and lastly of course with shield gating, if your shield pops you can always just go to operator and wait it out.  but in general I just stand there and kept shooting her while she was doing this attack.

Nira deals Toxin damage with most of her attacks, so shield gating does nothing against her. Other than that, yes, you can use Octavia against her, but if you mess up even once it's pretty much a guaranteed fail. Unlike Amar/Boreal, where messing up typically just trips your shield gate and gives you a chance to recover. That's why I prefer to use frames like Nehza or Revenant against Nira.

15 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I like to solo the fight with Octavia and the Phenmor. Just don't try it against Nira because she has AoE toxin damage that will one-shot your Octavia that can target through invisibility.

I didn't encounter any issue when I tested Octavia against her, you just need to look at the attacks coming and take evasive action, LOS seems to work both ways thanks to DE I just hid behind a corner or a big crate. :wink:

Archived