The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rubico Prime Build - opinions please

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

The glowing bell like thingy its its chin and is part of the head.

First you shoot the joints (unbrocken ones kinda look like heatsink), but you can build combo by shooting it anywhere (although afaik headshots build combo faster).

Pretty much everything you need to know about Eidolons anatomy you can find here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Eidolon

On 2022-11-02 at 3:05 AM, taiiat said:

more Damage is more Damage, but +350% Electric Damage doesn't translate to very much actual Damage increase since Electricity Damage isn't that effective vs Eidolons.

Acttually it is super effective because it combines with the element on your weapon, leaving you a free slot on the Rubico (just use heat) for more damage (just cant slap any elemental). As for the build, max out your mods, use second zoom (and aero perifery in exilus slot) and stack up your sniper combo to at least x3, before shooting the limb. The mods are fine for starter rivenless build.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sniper_Rifle#Shot_Combo_Counter

40 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Acttually it is super effective because it combines with the element on your weapon

no it doesn't. it Combined with Projectile Weapons once upon a time, but that got changed or broke at some point(much to my dismay, that was convenient during Eidolon Hunting since i enjoy using Lanka) and now it doesn't with any Weapons.

here, i stopped playing the game i was playing to Launch Warframe and double check right now.
the only Element i have on this Weapon is Primed Chilling Grasp. if this Electricity Damage was combining, where's my Magnetic Status, and why am i getting Ice+Elec Status.
https://gfycat.com/helplessunequaledibizanhound

unless you think you can prove otherwise, well......................

55 minutes ago, taiiat said:

no it doesn't. it Combined with Projectile Weapons once upon a time, but that got changed or broke at some point(much to my dismay, that was convenient during Eidolon Hunting since i enjoy using Lanka) and now it doesn't with any Weapons.

It may be misunderstanding. I am talking about shock trooper aug, not the shield. Shield never combined with anything.

15 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

It may be misunderstanding. I am talking about shock trooper aug, not the shield. Shield never combined with anything.

for sure then, yeah. we're talking about the bonus from Electric Shield. all good.

(Electric Shield did combine to Elemental Base Weapons once upon a time, though - just not Today)

Yeah you want your Serration maxed. Also, remember Sniper combo count is a thing as well. You can build it against the Eidolon even when its not taking damage, so as soon as it is vulnerable, you can hit the limb/vulnerable sections. 

Other factors to remember. Some other people may have Rivens, Roar or Eclipse etc active, and those can help. 

Good luck.

To (XBOX)Player244024418,

I can confirm all the buggy parts and I also can't cast shield whenever I have one grabbed with volt. Multiple shields are ok when from afar (sniping) and when hosting/SOLO.

About multiple shields : "A maximum of 6 separate Electric Shields can be cast at any given time. Casting Electric Shields after reaching the maximum will remove the oldest shield." When not buggy and not connected to a laggy host...

I also use the Augment "Shock Trooper" to rise up the electric damage, with a picked up shield you can run around the eidolon. It's a better choice for a mobile shooter or when the eidolon play hide-and-sek between the trees. A 200% Ability Strength give good result, 300% is reachable with parazon, zenurik and some arcane.

Also do not forget the Sniping combo count, it still can give you +50% Crit.Dam and a x3 damage is reachable

... Like I always say : "Welcome to BUGFrame" 🤣

I use this build and it works for me although I'm sure it could be better. Feedback is always welcomed for better builds since I haven't changed it in a very long time. I use Volt or even Wukong (cause monkey is wrong, I know) without any buffs/shields, etc. and can usually ding the limbs in about 5 shots, sometimes less and sometimes a few more shots. This is going solo for the single eidolon and not the tridolon hunt. Arquebex from Voidrig also takes them down easy and quicker. I mean if you only want to one-shot them, it seems like a lot of trouble to save a few seconds and you'll need to go with the advice already given.

rubico-prime.png

On 2022-11-05 at 3:13 PM, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

I use this build and it works for me although I'm sure it could be better

If you don't mind explaining, if the arcane activates on a kill why would you have it for eidolon hunts when you're shooting limbs?

From WIKI; Primary Merciless is a Primary Arcane that on kill increases primary weapon damage for 4 seconds and stacks up to 12 times. 

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

If you don't mind explaining, if the arcane activates on a kill why would you have it for eidolon hunts when you're shooting limbs?

From WIKI; Primary Merciless is a Primary Arcane that on kill increases primary weapon damage for 4 seconds and stacks up to 12 times. 

It has a passive reload bonus in addition to the conditional damage bonus.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Before DE nerfed it, I mostly used to use it because it doubled my maximum ammo, not that I needed it anyway on the Rubico. Now I just use it until something better comes along. Not sure if it procs off the valmvalysts, but I do shoot a lot of them with it. 🙂 

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ1997NqViw

for posterity.

when People are referring to oneshotting the Health Phase, they'll be referring to with some sort of buff.
always make use of what buffs you have available to you, at any rate. getting the Hit Counter up, whatever Damage increasing Abilities you have, Et Cetera.

maxing out Serration is going to be like uh, around double the Damage that you have now, so no, that isn't some hidden secret. it's just about stacking Damage Multipliers.

what frame are you using? volt works really well as his 1 with aug grants bonus elec damage, 2 grants speed, for him and archwings, 3 is more electricity damage and also extra crit, and you can subsume his 4 with eclipse for even more damage. something like this:TItaYTV.png

also make sure to be armor stripping the eidolon with vastilok

(edit: forgot to replace discharge with eclipse)

38 minutes ago, taiiat said:

When People are referring to oneshotting the Health Phase, they'll be referring to with some sort of buff.

always make use of what buffs you have available to you, at any rate. getting the Hit Counter up, whatever Damage increasing Abilities you have, Et Cetera.

I use primarily chroma prime, harrow prime or volt non-prime. Mainly chroma so when energy bursts hit I can stay and not flee. With volt I sometimes die. Also with Harrow I don't feel as though he does enough damage. I think his use is more for teammates but I am many times solo or with noob randos that don't know what to do, so I'm basically solo.

18 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

what frame are you using?

also make sure to be armor stripping the eidolon with vastilok

I don't have vastilok but use xoris which I like. I can AoE a group of Voms then switch to operator while they are vapor and either pick them off one shot very quick or altfire them with my 247 and the orb will bounce around and take a bunch out quickly. I'll check my volt setup. It's probably terrible. I don't have six of those mods. Been wanting transient fortitude and sure footed. One day...thanks to you both I'll work on this.

1 hour ago, Mazifet said:

Volt can cast his electric shield multiple times, so he is simply referring to having 3 shields cast on each other for more damage.

I see. Didn't know that. Just got Argon Scope on a Deimos mission would that be a good addon to the Rubico Prime build since I can shoot it's head or a vom first to get the multiplier?

Archived