The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

With this new Prime Access Program out where you pay $140 for all the neat stuff, I feel slightly hurt.  

And I will tell you the reason why.

For those who have supported DE along the way, i think you know the feeling. And if you don't think might explain what you are feeling now.

absolutely. im actually glad i'm only a hunter, as the point in rushing to pay was that it wouldnt have ever happened again. what would be NICE is if DE gives founders a lifetime 50% discount on prime access equipment. they still get their money, we still feel special.

I can't bring myself to buy the Prime Package because I don't want or need most of it: icons, boosters, platinum.. meh. I really want that syandana and Titan Prime! $140.. so what. I'm only $150 or so into this game and I don't spend money on any other entertainment. I'm 900 hours in this game.  That's $140 for 900 hours of entertainment. What would you pay for 900 hours of movies or bars or other entertainment that you human-types do? I'm winning so $140 no biggy....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never and will never buy a weapon or Warframe straight up. It's the same as buying your way to the end of a game. It's why I have 900 hours, all the frames and weapons and I'm about to hit Mastery 14. Why the hell are you playing this game if it isn't to catch em all? It's the journey in fighting through the bastards to grab those resources and rare parts to build the weapons and frames in your foundry. The excitement of slapping that CLAIM button after almost a week of gathering and building. Naaaaah.. here's my credit card number. DONE. pssh...

Paying for shortcuts is pathetic and I resent being baited into that, DE, by burying a couple cool exclusives in there.

And no, simply selling the frame and keeping the rest isn't acceptable. It's the principle of the issue. Paying $140 for a syandana and titan prime isn't worth it.

Edited by ZombieX13

Wow, the entitlement in this thread.

You paid for founders, and got a very good deal on plat, as well as exclusive items (which means you'll theoretically always be of higher mastery than someone who doesn't have them) and we're STILL getting benefits. Like the bonus trades per day..

Who cares if they want to release a bundle for $140. If people are buying it, good for them, it's worth it to them. If not? Then don't. If it doesn't sell, then DE will re-think their strategy. This is ridiculous.

"I don't need the plat, and I don't want the cosmetic items" so then what the hell do you want, lol?

I can't bring myself to buy the Prime Package because I don't want or need most of it: icons, boosters, platinum.. meh. I really want that syandana and Titan Prime! $140.. so what. I'm only $150 or so into this game and I don't spend money on any other entertainment. I'm 900 hours in this game.  That's $140 for 900 hours of entertainment. What would you pay for 900 hours of movies or bars or other entertainment that you human-types do? I'm winning so $140 no biggy....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never and will never buy a weapon or Warframe straight up. It's the same as buying your way to the end of a game. It's why I have 900 hours, all the frames and weapons and I'm about to hit Mastery 14. Why the hell are you playing this game if it isn't to catch em all? It's the journey in fighting through the bastards to grab those resources and rare parts to build the weapons and frames in your foundry. The excitement of slapping that CLAIM button after almost a week of gathering and building. Naaaaah.. here's my credit card number. DONE. pssh...

Paying for shortcuts is pathetic and I resent being baited into that, DE, by burying a couple cool exclusives in there.

why resent the purpose of the game? its meant to be tempting, because people feel more inclined to impulse buy voluntarily rather than get a monthly bill, or large up front purchase for somethign they dont know they will want (i.e. "console games")

your resentment just seems a little irrational. maybe because you are so tempted? its the only thing that keeps this game alive.

Sadly i doubt they really care much...11 pages and not even a message from Rebecca or other member of the dev team...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132972-about-prime-access/?p=1601685

and

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/132972-about-prime-access/?p=1602635 + the post beneath it.

So clearly, they've seen the thread at least, as to why there's no reply to everyone asking for another package option, I'm hopeful that it's from internal debate on the issue, time may tell I guess..

Oh the splendor of incentivised options! You think if DE supplied such a rare scarf elsewhere, it would compel people to purchase the largest pack? They added the option because there isn't a whole lot else offered unless you really want affinity and credit boosts until the end of time. Obviously these packs are intended for people who have not already spent time and money, since we can still get all these new prime weapons and frames the same way we always have.

Would I like another option to acquire that scarf? Of course! But I understand the nature of releasing a limited exclusive item on the highest tier of cost. I'm actually glad they are offering prime weapons/frames instead of farming the voids endlessly. The reality is the value of the exclusive item is in the eyes of the beholder. I know I didn't get the Grand Master pack because the Lato Prime and Solar landmark weren't enough of a draw to me, even though they could not be acquired anywhere else. In the end, the only real point of contention on Prime Access is the special scarf, as everything else can be readily cast aside by anyone who doesn't care because they already have plat.

It's more a problem of strategy :

Veteran players don't need that much plats atm, and veteran players know how to get stuff without paying (prime here).

So this deal is clearly not made for veteran. BUT, they decided to make a deal with 2 exclusive items, that clearly are not worth paying 140$ just for them. So they decided, somehow, to not allow veteran players to access those 2 items.

A wise strategy would be to make Prime access for players who feel the need for it, without exclusive content (for people who don't have time to farm and craft because of work etc.). And make, with every update, some kind of special packs with exclusive items, only buyable until the next update (limited in time).

So people can make a real choice, veteran can have access to everything without feeling left behind.

This is for one reason : if you make a pack that costs 100$ for a syandana and an extractor, so it fixes a price to those items. So you choose to buy them or not, according on if you can afford them or not.

But when you add plats and gears you can get for free, so you feel like you are wasting money if those items are not meant for you (don't need plats anymore because endgame, have enough time to farm for free items).

Edited by matto

absolutely. im actually glad i'm only a hunter, as the point in rushing to pay was that it wouldnt have ever happened again. what would be NICE is if DE gives founders a lifetime 50% discount on prime access equipment. they still get their money, we still feel special.

I'd rather be able to purchase exclusives piece by piece. *edit*as a founder perk*edit*

Edited by ZombieX13

why resent the purpose of the game? its meant to be tempting, because people feel more inclined to impulse buy voluntarily rather than get a monthly bill, or large up front purchase for somethign they dont know they will want (i.e. "console games")

your resentment just seems a little irrational. maybe because you are so tempted? its the only thing that keeps this game alive.

Hell yeah I'm tempted! That's why I'm annoyed. I don't resent the purpose of the game. I resent the fact that they bury cool exclusives under shortcuts (prime frame and weapons) that circumvent the goal of playing the game. Re-read my post.

Hell yeah I'm tempted! That's why I'm annoyed. I don't resent the purpose of the game. I resent the fact that they bury cool exclusives under shortcuts (prime frame and weapons) that circumvent the goal of playing the game. Re-read my post.

i read your post. hence how i figured you were tempted when you said you didnt say as much. what i'm saying is, you are annoyed because you cant/wont use shortcuts that are MEANT for people who will contribute to the livelihood of the game. thats like hating people in the VIP section of an airplane because they get better service/food/seats. 

those darn rich people who pay good money for good stuff. darn them.

edit: i guess to somewhat answer your rhetorical question is to say that not everyone has the time to devote to doing everything for free. yeah, there is a rush, but others who cannot devote all the time and resources still want to have bada$$ weapons. still want awesome gameplay.  they just have the ability IF THEY SO CHOOSE to speed up the process and help themselves run on equal grounds with the big boys lol. seeing your self give out damage equal to a mastery 14 guy is definitely not a downer lol.

Edited by d1ru

People don't get what exclusives means, founders we got really good ones. Let other people get exclusives if you want them suck it up and buy it.

People seem so spoiled in this thread.

We got

Our own forum area

Chat channel

A exclusives frame and weapon that can't be farm for

A sneak peak at stuff coming in the game

Help making Nova

Our own badge

Some of us got our name on plants

I mean the founders that have a problem with this pack you going to make a thread every time there is a new exclusives this whole thing is silly.

Two things. You completely leave out the fact that we got EXCLUSIVE WEAPONS AND ITEMS with our founders packs. Those star chart maps don't go away dude. Secondly, yes, you spent a lot of money on the game, and you have a stockpile of platinum. What did you expect when you spent over 300 dollars on the game? I mean, it's like you just bought it and went "Oh... I have all this platinum and I don't need to buy more. How DARE THEY sell platinum with goodies for increased prices! This is worthless to me because I have a lot of platinum already!" I don't understand how this is a slap to the face. They sell prime access packs every new prime frame with some shiny stuff. Big deal. Don't like/want it, don't buy it. But DO NOT call it a slap to the face.

I'm one of those who feel slighted by DE. I've already supported their game by giving them at least a quarter of of a thousand USD. Is it unreasonable for us to ask for more options? Also keep in mind this doesn't affect just us "whaler" even though it looks like mainly us doing the "complaining." I just want an alternative option where I can skip the plat, the boosters, and maybe even Ember Prime just for the exclusive. This Prime Access is an issue because this can easily spiral out of control. I do want to have this looked at and addressed promptly before the pricing gets even more ridiculous even for those who pay for the contents in the game. (please take your p2w arguments to another thread)

As a veteran/someone who spent hundreds of hours on this game already,
I'm on "end" game content already.
I don't need more plat.
I don't want the affinity/credit boosters since I don't need it.
I can farm for Ember Prime and the new weapons on my own time.
I'm still sitting on a good chunk of plat that was barely used.

I just want to BUY the shiny scarf and maybe the Prime Extractor. I'm still going to pay them, why can't I just skip straight to the desert instead of ordering a full course meal? $139.99 is a lot of money to scrap up for every damn Prime Access they are going to roll out. Try doing the math. We are most likely going to get the rest of the frames a Prime variant at some point down the line. If I pay for Prime Access every damn time, let's see how much it costs using Ember Prime's current package deal as an example.

12 frames so far including Valkyr x $139.99 the highest bundle = $1679.88
12 frames x 4300 plat for the highest bundle = 51,600
Average frame cost ~ 300 plat
Alternate helmet ~ 75 plat
Accessories ~ 15 plat each
Your typical Orokin potato and Jiggy Forma ~ 20 plat each
I'm not even going to dignify putting mod packs, key packs or even suggesting people buy resources

It's not like a prime variant is released every half a year or something. A prime frame is released every 2-3 months going by their current trend. I can't justify paying that much money for a game every year at around $559.96. This game, as it stands, does not deserve me spending that much cash. (Game is still beta, still buggy as @#$^!, etc etc.) This is no longer micro-transaction. This is highway robbery. And those plat? Oh my god what am I suppose to do with plat when I don't even buy the mod packs (trolololol, warframe "rare" ability mods) or the key packs. You might as well give me a gun that shoots plat for massive damage.

Keep in mind this price point is very reminiscent to the recently closed out Founders program even though GM is $250. If Ember Prime and this current bundle was available/swapped with the Excalibur Prime + starter Prime set; I would take that Ember Prime set in a heartbeat. Seriously, better looking frame, better looking weapons, and a really nice looking scarf. Why wouldn't I be jelly/annoyed with this new bundle pack? Even if you are using this deal to appeal to new players. Your price is way too high. You can't use coupons either. You are going to do this every Prime Access. There's a limit to how many new players who would buy/subscribe to your Prime Access every time. This is not how you do premium items if you want repeat customers. Unless you are that strapped for cash right now, seriously consider having a chat with your accountant/business major intern/seriously someone else.

You're falling into extreme speculation, AND you're basing your purchases off of opinion. I like my Excalibur prime FAR MORE than ember prime.  And that price tag you show? And that 130 dollars? That's what? 60 dollars a month if they release a new frame/goodies every 2 months? Plus you get a surplus of platinum, AND early access to new stuff. That's literally 90% of their market. Giving early access=/= highway robbery. They're not forcing you to buy it. It's for people that can afford, and don't mind shelling out the cash to support DE and get some cool stuff. You treat this like a business transaction when it's more of a donation.

Yea...I think Megan does a pretty good job at thread-surfing and checking out posts and those kindsa things in order to see where people may be mentioning particular problems, or concerns. So it's a point that will eventually reach the decision makers of the staff.

I'm totally not sweet-talking you Megan xD

I'm pretty certain that they'll be discussing it at some point but i'm in no rush to hear their feedback because i believe that their priorities are with update 11 fixes and so on for now, as it should be.

It appears that the majority of the posts in this thread share a general consensus. So a viable solution mentioned was a secondary bundle with the exclusive-only items for founders. and now we're discussing price. i like the general progression of ideas that we are having. Best i've experienced on this forum.

So the way i see it, if we are to actually have this bundle available to founders only, or founders with a certain amount of game time, ( just as an example) the price should be around 50-60 dollars....so like i agree with AllanIncubi...because the exclusive items may actually amount to less than that price but i'm considering that, its fewer items that will be in that bundle, which means that the standard price of each item should increase by a little since it's less stuff you're buying with the overall price still being much lower than a bundle with more items.. whereas with more items, you should generally pay a lower standard price for each item but an overall greater price due to more items being purchased.

so like the standard price for the exclusive items should be around 30-40 dollars i think? i could be very wrong. and since its fewer items the price of each item would go up a little.I'm also considering that having this bundle exclusive to only a certain group of members would carry an additional value that would be expressed in the price of the bundle. because its like they're creating this bundle just for us...you know...lol i'm not sure if i'm expressing that last point clearly enough.

i'd have liked it to be around 35-40 dollars, but at the same time, a compromise has to be met. none of us want to cheat DE out of what they're due here either, and we're all working together to find a common practicable solution to satisfy all parties. i'd say $50 is fair.

but what would the exclusive items amount to in terms of potential prices in platinum? and then what would that platinum amount translate to in dollars?

Edited by kalikilic

Oh the splendor of incentivised options! You think if DE supplied such a rare scarf elsewhere, it would compel people to purchase the largest pack? They added the option because there isn't a whole lot else offered unless you really want affinity and credit boosts until the end of time. Obviously these packs are intended for people who have not already spent time and money, since we can still get all these new prime weapons and frames the same way we always have.

Would I like another option to acquire that scarf? Of course! But I understand the nature of releasing a limited exclusive item on the highest tier of cost. I'm actually glad they are offering prime weapons/frames instead of farming the voids endlessly. The reality is the value of the exclusive item is in the eyes of the beholder. I know I didn't get the Grand Master pack because the Lato Prime and Solar landmark weren't enough of a draw to me, even though they could not be acquired anywhere else. In the end, the only real point of contention on Prime Access is the special scarf, as everything else can be readily cast aside by anyone who doesn't care because they already have plat.

Here sir, have a Cookie along the +1 you deserve...

So every Prime Access should be like this, more exclusive to just the new players?  Way to retain your older players.  I've already said my piece several times and I think that's enough dead horse beating.

Why not have a separate bundle for those who already paid a certain amount of money as it is. Like a giant veteran's bundle, where you keep adding to it as new things come out. 

This.

Do you honestly want to know how much it costs to get everything for Planet-side?

This thread shouldn't be a thing.

I can't comment that much on Planetside since I don't play the game, but I AM looking at Planetside cash shop right now...  The difference I see between that and Warframe?  They have more options.  They also have sales.  They are doing an anniversary sale right now in fact.  There's also the option of buying stuff with either cash or their digital currency.  I can't say the same for Prime Access.  They also offer membership bonus for people who actively subscribe, but I cannot compare that to Warframe because they lack such a program.  On a brief glance, Planetside's items do cost more than Warframe items.  Yes.  But they also have the option to purchase with digital currency instead.  None of this bundle stuff with plat only business.  That seems a bit counter productive.  I am sorry, Planetside is just has better deals and more options than Warframe as far as I can tell.  Of course, since I am judging all this by their webpage my perception is very limited. 

To the above poster.  Prime Access =/= Founders.  The Prime item bot thing and the Prime Scarf is considered early Access?  I thought these are exclusives to PA only?  I'm bringing up the costs for people who like to have everything or close to everything in the game.  Price is also being addressed because I'm comparing this to a fully made and done game.  I do like Warframe, I'm willing to spend money on it in fact.  I wouldn't be sporting that badge on my avatar if I didn't.  (I saw potential in Warframe, liked what they were doing, etc etc)  However there comes a point when too much is just too much.  This is not about self-entitlement.  I'm just self conscious of how much cash I'm willing to pay in additional to what I've already chipped in.  The Founders program WAS more of a donation thing, I personally see this as a cash grab/short sighted business plan.  If you can't offer me a product that I see as reasonably priced, then I cannot make my purchase.  It's that simple.

You treat this like a business transaction when it's more of a donation.

And this is where you are oh so very wrong.

Digital Extremes. What are they? A game company. What does this mean? They are a business.

What is the purpose of a business? To make money. People need to make a living. And with a F2P game, this is how they make their profit. So yes, this is a business transaction, not a donation. But we're still supporting them by giving them our business. We are their customers, and it's their job to make us happy.

The Founders Packs and Prime Access packs are there for a simple reason;

People who can afford them but do not have a lot of time, can buy them to get cool things, support the game and get a nice gift out of it for giving money to a game that can be played for free.

There has to be an incentive for the upper-tier packs. Something that makes them more than just desirable, but exclusive.

Not everyone can afford them, that is unfortunate, but then again not everyone can afford an iPad. Just because you bought an iPod before does that entitle you to a discount on an iPad? Of course not. That is how trade and consumerism works.

This is a good option for those who could not be a founder and it supports the game. If you want the exclusives enough, then you'll pay for it. If you don't, then you will have to live without them.

Zombie makes a great point.

I DO NOT NEED the 90 day boosters especially after darvos deal i have like 15 days worth of boosters that i dont even need.

I DO NOT WANT the new prime weapons or ember because i want to EARN them. You know... the whole point of the game.

I DO WANT the titan and the syandana but no way am i gonna pay 140 just to get them. As a matter of fact i am partial to no longer spending any more money on this game if there is no resonable solution or happy medium especially for us founders.

Its not the point of the new players getting something that can actually help them. Its DE bundleing a bunch of stuff that we have no use for and then charging us a frigin arm and a leg for basically 2 items and a one way ticket skipping half the challenge for the new update.

if the point of the game was to swipe your credit card then i wouldnt be playing but it looks like this is what it is coming to.

DE DONT TURN YOUR BACK ON THE FOUNDERS!