Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add a demolisher bleep sound slider

iHaku

The enemy demolisher sound is currently linked to the overall sound slider. I'd like for it to be seperated into an individual slider. I prefer the bleeping to be very loud, but this also makes a ton of other sounds (like gunfire, abilities or enemy noises) very loud, making it impossible for me to increase unless i wanna damage my ears.

i wouldnt mind if the slider is only accessible in disruption itself. for all i care, you guys can double the ordis slider for disruption, i'd just mute/max it out whenever i go into/leave the mission. Just do something to allow us to increase its volume without affecting the rest of the game. thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Frendh said:

Would make things more convenient. But I think the whole point is that they are supposed to be more difficult to hear depending on what is going on around you. Accolades, caches, and rare crates included.

I think you are misunderstanding, it's not just that they are difficult to hear, it's that they are impossible to hear for certain players. I cannot hear a cache ring unless I have my warframe close enough to open it even if everyone is dead around me and the music is turned down low. I can hear the accolades just fine though, other people can still barely make out accolades even after they made it much louder. We aren't even people that are hearing impaired most of the time.

For demolishers the only way to find them without the beeping is pure luck. The beep is literally designed for you to be able to hear to succeed at the mission, it should not be drowned out by regular play like it currently is. Yeah there's a visual indicator for demolishers but almost no one knows it even exists because it's so hard to see you won't notice it unless you are told where to explicitly look for it.

51 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

For demolishers the only way to find them without the beeping is pure luck. The beep is literally designed for you to be able to hear to succeed at the mission, it should not be drowned out by regular play like it currently is. Yeah there's a visual indicator for demolishers but almost no one knows it even exists because it's so hard to see you won't notice it unless you are told where to explicitly look for it.

I guess either me or my 10 year old hardware is top tier then.  Locating one demolisher alone is easy. Two troublesome.

2 hours ago, Frendh said:

I guess either me or my 10 year old hardware is top tier then.  Locating one demolisher alone is easy. Two troublesome.

Hearing is a complicated issue, sadly none of the meat computers we use to run around in the real world seem to come with great support for product issues lol. One of my friends in hearing impaired but not severe enough to qualify for medical procedures or hearing aids. One of our other friend's voices falls right into the tonal range that he can't really hear. For years the other friend thought hearing impaired friend didn't like them because they always ignored her when she spoke but he just couldn't hear her unless he was looking right at her. So I told her to talk with a low pitch like she was pretending to be a whale. Suddenly he could hear every word she said even when he wasn't looking at her.

THe sound issue as always bothered me.  I play most of the time with the sound almost completely turned off.  I hate having to turn up the sound just to play disruption.

And if you play some frames the sound is further deadened - like ash.
and if you've ridden motorcycles, raced cars,  and used outdoor power equipment for 30 years some sounds and frequencies are almost impossible to hear no matter how much one cranks the volume.  And we don't all have surround sound systems that are good at directional noise - most of the time i'm playing through cheap monitor speakers.  If they would mark them when you face in the correct direction or get within 30 meters of them for us audio-challenged folks ...

As it is,  they are often not marked when practically standing on them - its wildly inconsistent.  Sometimes I will be looking right at them, and if i didn't see the red aura pulse of ability disabling, i wouldn't know it was them - since they didn't get the red objective marker.  Other times they're marked when they're across the map.

Archived