Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still no Warframe alternative to Kahl for Stock

Xylena_Lazarow

Maybe we'll get it in 5 years like those poor Conclave folks had to wait for the Telos Boltace to be banned. As far as I can tell, DE wanted the shards to be "something to do" for late game players, but as long as half of it is locked behind miserable garbage Kahl "Challenges" all I end up doing is ruining the game with 5 Red Shard Gloom Saryn or Immortal Revenant then logging out, because having fun with niche shard builds on old jank frames is apparently not what DE had in mind, sadly. Gotta fomo those numbers. Still waiting for DE to acknowledge this problem and the resentment that continues.

Kahl its good... lol this ppl.

I will say the same thing that I say to every  who complains about some content already established in the game: don't you like it? nobody forces you to do it in the end this is not a competitive game. The thing is that here nobody forces you to have more or less shards, it is a content that is for those who want to do it, like all the content of any game.  

There are people who don't do semi-open world missions, there are people who don't do defenses, there are people who aren't interested in spy missions. If all those people like you come to the forum to demand that mission need to be changed the forum it would only be complaints of this type all day.

Have a good day.

2 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

all I end up doing is ruining the game with 5 Red Shard Gloom Saryn or Immortal Revenant then logging out, because having fun with niche shard builds on old jank frames is apparently not what DE had in mind, sadly. Gotta fomo those numbers.

If you wanted to have fun with niche builds, but put your shards on a meta-frame anyways, I can't see how that is anyone elses fault but your own

Kahl missions suck and need reworking or outright replacing, but until then, Stock should remain as incentive for people to play them (and reward them for putting up with the zero playtesting those missions got from DE)

1 hour ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

don't you like it? nobody forces you to do it

I don't. The result is I don't engage with the shard system at all, and have stopped playing altogether. Does this please your schadenfreude? Glad I could help.

Kinda doubt DE's goal was for the shard system to drive away late game longtime players.

Nobody and nothing forces anyone to play Warframe at all, nor spend money on it, but sure, keep defending a corporation lowering the quality of its product.

3 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

If you wanted to have fun with niche builds, but put your shards on a meta-frame anyways, I can't see how that is anyone elses fault but your own... Kahl missions suck and need reworking or outright replacing, but until then, Stock should remain as incentive for people to play them.

With so few shards and the massive Bile cost, there's little meaningful experimentation I could do, so I jammed them into something that can't fail. What would you have done? Adding the shard to Teshin for Steel Essence as an either-or alternative would not take away from incentive to play Kahl for people who want to. Catering to players who want to feel like part of an exclusive club and "punish" other players... that's a recipe for a toxic player base.

27 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Kinda doubt DE's goal was for the shard system to drive away late game longtime players.

I'm one  of those ''longtime players''... Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that all old players leave, only the usual crybabies leave and come back all the time.
But here you are with a poor blackmail that you leave the game as if that would make much of a difference. Do you think that someone like me who enjoy what I like and ignore what I don't like mind if you leave or not? stop complaining and get out if you want.

6 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

only the usual crybabies leave and come back all the time... stop complaining and get out if you want

See this is the sort of toxicity that I'm referring to being bred by operating this game like a mobile gacha game.

A week's worth of forum PvP is less time spent, and mildly fun. Kahl Challenges are more time spent, and the worst game experience I've ever played.

42 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

See this is the sort of toxicity that I'm referring to being bred by operating this game like a mobile gacha game.

A week's worth of forum PvP is less time spent, and mildly fun. Kahl Challenges are more time spent, and the worst game experience I've ever played.

Always the same, I tried to be pretty nice in my first comment but you go and play dumb with your little boy logic and later when i tell you the truth in the hard way, it hurts and then u call me toxic. What I said is a fact, people say that the truth hurts.

Have a good day.

21 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

None of it is required.

Option #1: play insultingly boring no-skill Kahl busywork chores for my weekly skinner box reward like a chump

Option #2: mostly-quit Warframe, gradually move to playing and spending money on other games, sometimes do forum PvP

20 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Option #2: mostly-quit Warframe, gradually move to playing and spending money on other games, sometimes do forum PvP

It is okay to take a break. Find some other game you enjoy. If you get bored of your games in 2 years you can come back and see what has changed with Warframe.

5 minutes ago, Frendh said:

It is okay to take a break. Find some other game you enjoy. If you get bored of your games in 2 years you can come back and see what has changed with Warframe.

I do, and have before, like at the disastrous launch of the Lich system that I was originally looking forward to. It's also okay to do forum PvP. I feel strongly that Kahl and its reward structure are a sign of DE deliberately reducing this game's quality. I hope I'm wrong. Lua was such a small update. Duviri will be the real test.

1 hour ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Option #1: play insultingly boring no-skill Kahl busywork chores for my weekly skinner box reward like a chump

tbh I don't know you so I don't care if you do or don't play. Though saying you'll sometimes do "forum pvp" reminds me that there are so many toxic people on this forum and half of them don't even play the game. If you are going to leave, get gone. Don't make everyone else miserable.

The sortie is similar in this manner, it's not hard, it's just a daily or weekly in kahl's case that you can choose to do, or not if you find it insultingly boring, as I said. It's not like the entire game is locked behind the missions for Kahl, and almost all the special items can be bought from the marketplace so you can farm fissures instead, which are so not insultingly boring at all.

4 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

It's not like the entire game is locked behind the missions for Kahl, and almost all the special items can be bought from the marketplace

This is primarily regarding the shards, which cannot be bought.

If another player wants to engage in the shard system but dislikes Kahl, what is it to you if I paid Steel Essence instead? Is your game experience lessened?

White knights with the "haha I got mine, suck it up, what's your problem" in every one of these threads for months. Should probably remind you that what you're actually defending is non-deterministic RNG, weekly time gating, inflexible proscriptive game mode grinds, and the anti-gameplay of slowly crawling around scouring pixels for macguffins or balancing 3 potatoes on your head or whatever tedious nonsense they're demanding you do an hour of each week forever, instead of anything resembling Warframe.

1 hour ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

White knights

4chan confirmed. Sorry for disagreeing with you. I know it can be hard to handle someone not just nodding their head at whatever spills out of your mouth.0

As I have said in other places, what you are describing is a staple of MMOs. Yes ALL of it, time gating, RNG, gear checks, all combined into various encounters in a multitude of games. You have a way to get shards already, you don't need more and shards aren't essential for end game content, as of yet, either. You can't have your cake and eat it to.

Also, I haven't "gotten mine" yet. I am still buying other things from the stock store, not at getting shards yet.

Just now, SpicyDinosaur said:

4chan confirmed. Sorry for disagreeing with you. I know it can be hard to handle someone not just nodding their head at whatever spills out of your mouth.

More ad hominem from the Kahl apologists, more "well you don't need shards." Nobody needs shards, or Kahl, or Warframe.

Do you need half the Archon Shard grind hard locked to Kahl to be happy with your game experience?

3 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

More ad hominem from the Kahl apologists, more "well you don't need shards." Nobody needs shards, or Kahl, or Warframe.

Do you need half the Archon Shard grind hard locked to Kahl to be happy with your game experience?

"Kahl apologists" that's adorable.

It doesn't make sense that an evergreen unique endgame drop is tied to a mini-game.

Leave styanax, his weapons, new landship, cosmetics, mb give relics or something for fans.
And move the shard.
Or for real - give an alternative. I'd better run another hunt or gonna do a tridolon set or something.

8 hours ago, BR31 said:

Leave styanax, his weapons, new landship, cosmetics, mb give relics or something for fans.
And move the shard.
Or for real - give an alternative. I'd better run another hunt or gonna do a tridolon set or something.

honestly, they should be tradable for either sentient cores/eidolon shards in cetus (make it 3 per shard, keep the weekly)

or just add it to the riven sliver trader in iron wake. noone ever barely goes there, adding another incentive wouldnt hurt. and riven slivers are a good global resource.

11 hours ago, iHaku said:

honestly, they should be tradable for either sentient cores/eidolon shards in cetus (make it 3 per shard, keep the weekly)

Adding the 2nd Shard to Eidolons would be cool, I have no loot reason to do those anymore since I have better plat grinds, but I used to enjoy them, I even liked bringing Trinity to pubs. Doing the tridolon would be a much greater case for earning endgame power progression items than those idiotic no-skill Kahl "Challenge" chores.

Archived